» «

Why is Tommy the greatest protagonist?

6 replies to this topic
  • BLADE_San_Andreas

Angry Raiden

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I love Vice City and everything it has to offer its my favorite GTA game, but something i'll never understand is why do people love Tommy so much? And is he really the greatest protagonist?

-I like Tommy he seems like a nice criminal and unlike Claude he isn't fully psycho.

-But he also has some bad things like, he bought a strip club and a movie company just so he can take over the town...

-As Lance Addressed he didn't really care about anyone who's working with him.

-Ready to do a heist but gets the worst f*cking driver in the world.

-Takes no prisoners.

-Gets in a building with a RC Helicopter just to destroy it. (when he could've basically just get in shoot everyone and then just place the bombs and blow it up)

In my opinion he is a great character (my favorite) but im just pointing out some of the dumb thing he did

Also if a topic like this exists then please lock this one

• DZerk

Hey, Gecko!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 4 weeks ago

Claude isn't psycho either

He took over the town to pay back Sonny, and why wouldn't he?

He cares as much about people who work with him as Claude does

• Wingate167

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like him for the fact that he managed to make something of himself after getting out of prison. He was set up by his own boss to take the fall for a hit, spent 15 years in jaii and try to do a drug deal. It goes sour so he works his way up, meets Lance, kills the main crime boss in Vice City and pissing off his old boss. He was sick of doing things for other people, so he became his own boss and gets rid of Lance who betrayed him and Sonny who screwed him up.

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Penguin Bob, 3 weeks ago.

Cuz he's f*ckin BADASS! lol. Seriously though, the reason why he's the greatest protagonist, (imo), it's because he is the first speaking protagonist in the GTA series. He was also voiced by Ray Liotta, which is a really popular actor played in a really popular movie. He also wasn't a pussy like CJ.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

• DeathMachine15

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

He was a well-written character (well, for a 2002 game) with very good voice acting. Simple as that.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably my favourite protagonist next to Niko. Tough-as-nails, no-nonsense guy who takes no sh*t off anyone, but also has a human side to him.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't consider him to be the greatest protagonist, but he's not bad, at all. There's nothing about him that I dislike, but calling it the "greatest" simply becuase of how his character appears as a no-nonsense tough guy, seems a bit off to me, becuase that's something I find common in every protagonist out there. Also, Tommy taking sh*t from no one isn't entirely true. I'm talking about none other than Sonny himself here. What the hell did Tommy do to Sonny after the ambush? No heroic acts, or tough as nails show, rather agreeing to run errands for the whole city just to please Sonny again. I mean, Tommy is the only guy in the series who wasted his life in prison for 15 f*ckin years. All becuase of Sonny. Like who are we trying to fool here by saying that Tommy doesn't take sh*t :lol:. Even Claude seems better for a tough as nails guy in this regard. If Tommy wanted to take over the city then I don't understand why didn't establish his own drug trading business, instead of taking orders from Sonny after leaving the prison. The Forelli's weren't as powerful in VC as they were in LC, so what was stopping Tommy from not giving two sh*ts about Sonny's drug deal getting wrong. The story also doesn't explain why did Tommy agree to come VC? Didn't he suspect that he was being framed early on after the ambush? Too many questions, and flaws to point out about his character and the story, but I still loved the game, and Tommy as a protagonist, despite all the issues. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users