Missed Opportunities Thread

74 replies to this topic
xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

I searched and couldn't find a thread with this topic. This isn't a wishlist or B&M thread, but a topic more about content introduced into GTA Online that hasn't been utilised to it's full potential.

Take trailers for example: we have trailers that can be hauled by trucks, yet they are only really used during missions. I would have expected some kind of trucker business included in the early stages of GTA Online, where you can purchase, store and modify your own trucks and use them for freight missions, like the ones in GTA San Andreas.

In addition, there's boat trailers in the game with fully functional boats equipped on them, yet again, these are rare to come by and aren't even used in any mission I can think of. Rockstar could have at least added an option to spawn your Pegasus boat onto a trailer while calling for them; boat trailers just seems like a wasted feature they added.

Another missed opportunity is the Facility property. With such a huge interior, it would have been a great place to store Pegasus vehicles, like monster trucks, busses, the Rhino tank, Dune, etc. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. It almost did since we can store the new special vehicles, but we can't even reposition them.
  • Gaffa, Rented, eyman and 13 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

I missed beer hats...

• johnpolo, Snoopbr and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Designer for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

Sitting on benches.
  • jazzbone, gtafan26, robban and 7 others like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

I think they could have included more cool stuff with Bikers DLC,such as a proper beard, some longer hairstyles (at least for male characters,most bikers are rockers/metalheads,so it would make sense), a wallet chain, folded head bandana/headband, leather fingerless gloves, more bikes from GTA TLAD (Freeway, Angel, Hellfury, NRG900...).It was a very good DLC,and my personal favorite,but there's some missed opportunities that would fit perfectly in its theme.

• Tlaneloli, robban, middevonclown and 3 others like this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Bikers:

- We didn't get any chopper with stretched forks and I think everybody waited for all the TLAD bikes

- Beards

- A proper Adversary Mode inspired by Road Rash with melee weapons
- Pool

Doomsday:

- The facility looks unfinished and could be useful for big vehicles as you said

- We almost got a beautiful SW (Streiter)

• robban, johnpolo, GTA-Biker and 4 others like this

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

There have been like, 5 updates that would have perfect to release the Lost Slamvan.

Instead they just taunt us with it.

• Hazzardtohimself, MGgames100, Shadowfennekin and 8 others like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

I can make a list but Ill start with a few:

They should of made a complete version of North Yankton. Current Gen Consoles can handle it. Even if it wasnt that much, at least it be something new.

They could of done more lore wise free roam events or improved them. Rob X amount from a armored truck depending on how many are in the session, grab a briefcase for Madrazo or Lester, add dlc vehicles for Simeons car list and get more aid more for it.
Alternatively they can permanently double the payout since only a few are worth doing.
  • jazzbone, johnpolo, DentureDynamite and 2 others like this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:12 PM

Weaponless Buzzard. 

I know a lot of people think it's dumb, but I think it just looks better without the guns. 

And it's already in the game. And I've already had it in my Hangar (glitched in, but Rockstar removed it).

I don't see why we can't store a helicopter that's already in online. 

• badmoon, -KM-, Sky_Light12 and 4 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:16 PM Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx, 13 February 2018 - 10:23 PM.

^

I totally agree with you with the Buzzard. It was recently added to air races and looks very nice in bright colours. I'd say the same for the Police Maverick and Skylift. They are already in the game and have even been modified during freight missions.

The Skylift doesn't have to have a working magnet. I like the helicopter in real life. The helicopter does fit in the hangar also, as seen in a single player mod. If it did have a way to pick up vehicles, they could have replaced the magnet with an extendible hook and give it the ability to pick up light aircraft.
  • Ivan1997GTA, Mrs. Buzz and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

- New VIP Work with the Gunrunning and Smuggler's Vehicles. This is why this updates disappointedme a lot.

-A lot of interiors unused on Free Mode.

^Agree with the Skylift.
  • Sentinel Driver, Ivan1997GTA, Opzeker and 2 others like this

carnerd3000
  • carnerd3000

Car Collector, Racer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Not a big deal, but I think adding the fire extinguisher with Cunning Stunts would've been nice.

Also, why can we still not wear helmets/hats in a car or truck? Going back to CS, they added race car outfits, but you still can't wear the helmets in the race cars they added.  :/ 

• Hazzardtohimself, -KM-, Sentinel Driver and 3 others like this

Le biatch
  • Le biatch

Thug

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Go karts and alot of races would have been cool. Online demolition derby, pizza delivery...

Oh and it would be cool to be able to turn into whatever mask you have on and terrorize everyone. The thought of turning into a unicorn and battering and impaling everything is awesome!

Make it happen R*!!!

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Kitty Puncher

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

- We almost got a beautiful SW (Streiter)

Yeah, I was gutted when I realised the ones featured on this Forum were Mods. Sold that fu*ker in less than an hour.

Some of the festive clothing could have been tremendous if a bit more thought had been put into it. The gingerbread body suit was really sexy, totally showed off my curves but I hated the fact that it covered my face. Remove the ski mask and vary the colours and it could have been a gorgeous body stocking.

• DentureDynamite, Le biatch and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

No Use For A Name
  • No Use For A Name

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

The bunkers have been around for almost a year and I still cant find my way around them. So much empty space and unrealized potential. I think the only thing theyve been used for is a set for some crappy adversary mode
  • Shadowfennekin, -KM-, Mrs. Buzz and 3 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

I'll just leave that here.
RX3m1fshAEC1iEsu1_6zlA_0_0.jpg

Its the same with all the other blacklisted stuff (sprunk pony, declasse burrito, utility vehicles in general).
They put time into these cars, yet for some stupid reason we can own them.
  • Hazzardtohimself, Voit Turyv, Shadowfennekin and 10 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:28 PM

Some utility vehicles had the perfect places to be stored: the Forklift inside a Warehouse, the Caddys inside the Bunker, the Airtug and Ripley inside the Hangar. We did actually get purchasable Caddys, but we can't even use them outside. Such a waste :/
  • Hazzardtohimself, -KM-, Karrecod and 1 other like this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Kitty Puncher

• BUSTED!
  • Wales

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

The bunkers have been around for almost a year and I still cant find my way around them.

Thank you. I thought I was just an idiot :lol:

It took me over ten minutes to find my way out the first time I went there (not kidding) I nearly rage-quit I was so pissed off.

• Shadowfennekin, -KM-, Karrecod and 5 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:31 PM Edited by ash-274, 13 February 2018 - 11:35 PM.

I suggested long ago that the "special computers" (Office/CEO, Biker Clubhouse and each business' buy/sell terminal, Bunker, Smuggling, and MOC's missions) should all be accessible in the stupid internet terminal of the Swift Deluxe, Supervolito Carbon, and Luxor Deluxe.  Not only could you access any of those systems, but you could do it without having to go to those individual locations.  That feature would have made those "vanity aircraft" suddenly legitimately practical and convenient for players that own those business models.  Then, no one would complain about lack of Passive Mode, since they would have to be CEO/VIP/MC to use it, anyway.

While they're at it, put one more omni-terminal in the Yacht, as well (even though the Pisces and Aquarius models would have a Deluxe helicopter, anyway).

• Chorizombie, The Gator, Karrecod and 4 others like this

Rented
  • Rented

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

6132-gta-iv-the-lost-and-damned-terry-gu

For Motorcycle Clubs (Lost Slamvan)

6663-gta-iv-gay-tony-armando-gun-van.jpg

For Organizations (Cavalcade)

This would have been great since it would have given an actual use for the useless Malc contact, unused Lost Slamvan. Been more realistic than purchasing ammo from your ass crack (through the shoddy interaction menu) and would have given an actual initiative to join/create a club or organization (apart from again sh*tting out helicopters, cars or steroids of course).

Now this is just one thing on top of my head but I could name plenty since plenty of things in GTA Online are poorly made, and I don't know why but it's safe to assume it's just pure laziness, which to be honest isn't what R* is known for but we live and learn.

Being the anniversary of Johnny on the spot being removed, I could also mention him being removed instead of fixed. Further more the fact that we get our Personal Aircraft through the utter, unimaginative sh*te of an interaction menu.

The fact that you change appearances through the f*cking interaction menu (in the f*cking jail by the way), even though an interior for a plastic surgeon was not only in development but quite possibly even finished(seriously would have it been that hard to add it like the tattoo or barber shops I mean even I could do it and you have as well with Benny's)

And since you guessed it, yes I am not a fan of the interaction menu, that abomination itself. It could have had so much potential, yet it seems to just be a way for R* to cut corners.

• Chorizombie, -KM-, GTA-Biker and 6 others like this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Lucifer

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:24 AM

I think the Doomsday heist was a missed opportunity overall for story mode. I actually like the idea of all 3 chatacters, after all the dust has settled, and in 2017 they are brought together again all of a sudden. All the content, the guns, etc, would have been a wonderful singer player DLC to finally shut those motherf*ckers up for the next 10 years.
  • Heavy Duty Ziplock likes this

jdv95
  • jdv95

don't know what to type down here anymore.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

Lots of the cars that where added in 2017 have been missed chanses.

Stupid looking visione should have Been a 458.
Autarch should have been a regera.
SC1 should have been a BMW m5 or something.
revolter should have been a PMP 600.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:55 AM

The aircraft computers having access to all the business websites is a perfect idea! I always found the onboard computers useless since...we already have access to the internet on our phones. That would also make owning the aircraft worth while. :)

The weapon vehicles is great too. If it wasn't for the interactive menu, this would be a nice feature. I'd go one further and make all SUVs have the modification option to add a weapons shop and storage. It would encourage players to own and use SUVs.

With so many unique vehicle classes and styles, I hoped that each one had some sort of purpose and advantage over other vehicles (just like the two examples above). Trucks could be used for picking up more cargo drops, inconspicuous vans and sleeper cars could have been required heist vehicles, freight planes could deploy supplies and so on.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

Server farm setup could have been an actual stealth mission. But no, rockstar's idea of stealth is wrong. It's not a f*cking stealth mission if the game requires you to use a silenced weapon. There's no skill needed, you just need to run and shoot an enemy that is standing still with a silenced weapon. You don't need to even go for headshots because every shot is 1-hit-kill. The whole thing turns into a clusterf*ck of a shootout in the end anyway. Why not a stealthy exit just like in deliver emp?

• Fluffy Sock, Karrecod, DrSweatySphincter and 4 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:01 AM

Bombs.

Should've at least been like this.

giphy.gif

Instead we got this, which is just cr*p.

(Okay, the ordinary ones are better than that. But they're pretty lame still).

buff buff buff

• -KM-, DentureDynamite, irish.chr and 3 others like this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Weaponless Buzzard.  
<snip>

+

^

I totally agree with you with the Buzzard. It was recently added to air races and looks very nice in bright colours. I'd say the same for the Police Maverick and Skylift. They are already in the game and have even been modified during freight missions.

The Skylift doesn't have to have a working magnet. I like the helicopter in real life. The helicopter does fit in the hangar also, as seen in a single player mod. If it did have a way to pick up vehicles, they could have replaced the magnet with an extendible hook and give it the ability to pick up light aircraft.

+
oN8JHXj.jpg

And I'm happy :lol:
  • DrSweatySphincter, xXxKAMIKAZExXx, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Server farm setup could have been an actual stealth mission. But no, rockstar's idea of stealth is wrong. It's not a f*cking stealth mission if the game requires you to use a silenced weapon. There's no skill needed, you just need to run and shoot an enemy that is standing still with a silenced weapon. You don't need to even go for headshots because every shot is 1-hit-kill. The whole thing turns into a clusterf*ck of a shootout in the end anyway. Why not a stealthy exit just like in deliver emp?

f*cking this! You play the mission perfectly stealth but the alarm get´s triggered anyway. Would have been ok, when the part in the serverfarm would stay stealth but you get surprise attacked at the outside.

• Karrecod, DrSweatySphincter, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and 2 others like this

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

In jetpack we thrust

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

I missed to get the musket on fourth of july.

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

Post-apocalyptic/sci-fi hair, beards and clothing after Doomsday Heist

• xXxKAMIKAZExXx and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

This is Pequod

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:07 AM Edited by Pequod_, 15 February 2018 - 09:11 AM.

I'll state an obvious one- Tuners. LA has an iconic car culture. R* literally made an entire game about tuners in LA in the past. So what gives? We need an update's worth of cars, and not just tuners, muscles, motorbikes, sport cars, some proper supercars. And I'm aware we already have a lot of great cars, but it took 4 years to even get close to this point.

Oh and another obvious one.. the game overall is a missed opportunity. It just plays out like Battlefield.
  • R3CON, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

BenziesPls
  • BenziesPls

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

The ability to choose the wooden deck for our yachts. There's plenty of them ingame but they're tied to the yacht's color. R* could easily take 250k out of our pockets each time we want to change it

• -KM-, ash-274, R3CON and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users