Quantcast

» «
Photo

Valentine’s Day in GTA Online: The New Vapid Hustler, Double GTA$ & RP Modes, Valentine's Discounts & More

107 replies to this topic
WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

🦋 This action will have consequences...

• GTA Series Staff
  • Unknown
  • Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Best Contributor in GTA 2017
    Best Chatter on Discord 2017
    Best Workshop 2017 (contributor)
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

It's that special time of year when crimes of passion are rife in Los Santos. Singles, couples and polygamists alike celebrate this week with the introduction of the Vapid Hustler to Legendary Motorsport's inventory, plus debaucherous discounts on favorites from Valentine's past and a host of money-making opportunities to get your juices flowing.

de8be7f17755419e15ebbb95eaddb88770826e9f

OUT NOW: THE VAPID HUSTLER
The Vapid Hustler is a shining example of what's possible when old-world glamour slinks up next to the modern muscle car and asks "My garage or yours?
When you see that running board swooping low over the front wheels, that high-set radiator grill and the holder for your cigarette holder, you'll feel like you're back in the 1920s. But then you see the carbon steel reinforcements to the chassis, the turbo charger and the bullbar, and you realize you're somewhere else altogether.

Love (and shrapnel) is in the air. Through February 19th, indulge in a spread of activities with Double GTA$ & RP:
Till Death Do Us Part: Up to four pairs of star-crossed lovers take part in the ultimate GTA Online quadruple date: each couple has one life between them, so remember to look out for your partner - if they die, so do you.
Slasher: The shotgun-wielding Slasher stalks up to seven Hunted, equipped only with flashlights. After three minutes, the Hunted get shotguns of their own to turn the tables on the Slasher.
Resurrection: Nothing says team building exercise like bringing your buddy back into the game by shooting some chump on the other team in the back of the head. But remember that it goes both ways - until youve wiped them out completely, they can always come back.
Deadline: Suit up and outmaneuver the enemy while mounted upon a blazingly fast Nagasaki Shotaro. Emitting a devastating beam of light in your wake as you ride through the arena, competitors unfortunate enough to come into contact with your trail meet an immediate and fiery end.
Lost vs. Damned: Its Angels against Devils in the ultimate battle of the soul. Each match flips between day and night for 60 seconds at a clip, with advantages including regenerated Armor and Health and improved weapon options depending on the time day for the Angels and night for the Devils.
And share the love this Valentines Day with Double GTA$ Bodyguard & Associates Salaries for your Organization members.

DISCOUNTS ON VEHICLES, CLOTHING, WEAPONS, & PROPERTIES
If you missed your chance last year, take advantage of 25% off the Gusenberg Sweeper and add a vintage SMG to your armory.
You'll also find sweet deals on love nests in the Vinewood Hills, discounts on classic rides and more through February 19th: 
Vehicle Discounts
  • Albany Roosevelt (Sports Classic) 25% off
  • Albany Roosevelt Valor (Sports Classic) 25% off
  • HVY Barrage (Military) 35% off (Buy It Now & Trade Price)
  • Nagasaki Shotaro (Motorcycle) 25% off (available for purchase after completing a round of Deadline)
  • RCV (Emergency) 35% off (Buy It Now & Trade Price)
  • Ocelot Stromberg (Sports Classic/Weaponized) 25% off (Buy It Now & Trade Price)
  • Nagasaki Buzzard (Attack Helicopter) 25% off
Dynasty8 Discounts
  • All 10-car Properties (including High-End Apartments, Garages and Stilt Houses) 25% off
  • Executive Offices 25% off
Clothing and Accessories Discounts
  • All Valentine's clothing 25% off
  • Doomsday Heist Tattoos 25% off
  • Smugglers Run clothing 25% off
While your significant other may have little to no regard for your wants and needs, your Executive Assistant is forever loyal. They're also feeling extra generous this Valentine's day with a 25% discount on Executive Assistant Services. And to help you catch the eye of that lucky someone, Benny is offering makeovers at a discount, with 25% off a custom Upgrade at Bennys Original Motor Works.

GTA$ GIFT COMING SOON
Jump into GTA Online starting Friday, February 16th to claim a GTA$ award in March. More details coming Friday.

PREMIUM RACE & TIME TRIAL
Premium Race: Turbine (Locked to Off-Road)
Turbine is an off-road slalom featuring bracing curves and jumps through the deadly airspace of an industrial wind farm.
Premium Races are your chance to test your skills and race for big cash. Ante up and compete in a Rockstar-created Stunt Race where the top three finishers earn GTA$ and all participants get Triple RP regardless of where they place. Launch Premium Races through the Quick Job App on your in-game phone or via the yellow corona at Legion Square.
Time Trial: LSIA
Make a mad dash across the city from Los Santos International Airport to the foothills of Mount Chiliad in LSIA. To take a shot at this Time Trial, set a waypoint to the marker on your in-game map and enter via the purple corona. Beat par time and you'll be duly rewarded with GTA$ & RP.
  • Gaffa, Carrythxd, EVOLUT7ON and 10 others like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:05 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 13 February 2018 - 03:07 PM.

I know it's Valentine's week, but having two weeks in a row of multiple PvP modes/mashup crap....

Should've done 2x on Heists or Contact Missions last week, since this week's events were a given.

frustration.gif

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Once again, the adversary modes can suck my dick.

Nice car though.

• robban, Foreverpast, Shadowfennekin and 10 others like this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

Besides the $$$ Award for logging in, pretty meh Valentine's Special this year.  The Hustler just looks like a hot rod version of the Roosevelt.  I guess the Stromberg being on sale is a plus.

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

Oh f*ck yeah, double payout on Deadline and CEO grunt pay.

• StormerBoy and rebeldevil like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

To get it in early, I assume this car is now available forever, rather than just a week or so..

• StormerBoy, Rafae, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

f*ck you Rockstar
  • stagolee and KADENZA like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

With apartments being on offer (first time in over a year I think and only high end ones too!) I'm definitely thinking that next months dlc is going to be new dynasty properties to buy! Further backed up by the fact that last update they changed the layout of the dynasty website home page, without actually adding anything to it. Mansions or similar.
  • Rafae, a1dopeman and mayo gaming like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:17 PM Edited by Rafae, 13 February 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Hustler 😍

RCV, Barrage and Stromberg discounts 😍

Doubled adversary Modes 😩

Very interesting bit about the March gift too 🤔

My wallet's finally gonna have some fun this week 😈
  • alkaline_ and Mrs. Buzz like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:21 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 13 February 2018 - 03:21 PM.

Oh and the RCV is another paper tiger, no explosive resistance or BP windows. It does go woopwoop though.

• StormerBoy, S5L3T0, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

Hustler 😍

RCV, Barrage and Stromberg discounts 😍

Doubled adversary Modes 😩

Very interesting bit about the March gift too 🤔

My wallet's finally gonna have some fun this week 😈

It's interesting in that they don't normally tell us in advance that they will gift us $ unless it's at the time of the dlc launch, iirc. Something is definitely unusual.
  • Rafae and BlanketGrinder like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:24 PM

^ Probably (hopefully) some interesting tid bits about the next update in March.
  • StormerBoy and BlanketGrinder like this

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Best Contributor in GTA Online 2017
    Most Knowledgeable in GTA 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

"Just For You: 30% Off Facilities, 25% Off Select Vehicles & More"
For a limited time, enjoy an exclusive 30% off on Facilities, Facility Upgrades and Avenger add-ons including Interior Colors, Gun Turret and Workshops.
Then, take 25% off the Ubermacht SC1 Supercar and the Lampadati Viseris Sports Classic – a combination of exceptional design and impressive speed - with the option to add twin forward-facing machine guns.
Visit Maze Bank Foreclosures, Warstock Cache & Carry and Legendary Motorsport to claim your discounts by Feb 19.

• Rafae likes this

AWACS-SkyEye
  • AWACS-SkyEye

Rat

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

YEESSSSS DEADLINE IS BACK!!!! Adversary modes are generally crap but man, is deadline a blast. Double money for associates is always nice too, easier to add folks to my squad
  • StormerBoy and a1dopeman like this

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:31 PM Edited by rebeldevil, 13 February 2018 - 03:33 PM.

2X ON DEADLINE, F*CK YEAH! I love Deadline!

And I've driven the Hustler.  First, at $625,000, it's relatively cheap for a DLC car. That's nice.  And it's a pretty nice car too. Apes the '32 Ford 3-window coupe. At idle it sounds like a properly cammy small-block V8. I think this is unique to the Hustler, as I don't remember any other car sounding quite like this at idle. I like it. It sounds good, and it looks good. And the interior of the car is really nice too. Very properly hot-rod. And the customization options for the car are really nice too, with quite a few era-appropriate liveries to pick from, along with a good selection of proper hot-rod mods (side pipes, fender delete, zoomies, etc)

Yeah, but how's it drive, you ask.  Pretty good, actually.  Acceleration isn't the most blistering I've ever seen, but she picks up speed nicely. Handling is solidly okay.  It understeers a fair bit, but if you anticipate what you're going to do and dab the brakes before turn-in, the car will take a set and follow the line you want without much drama. Lift-off oversteer isn't much of an issue with this car, but if you're the type to hang the tail out everywhere you go, you're going to have a harder time with this one. It'll slide if you want it to, but it'll take some coaxing. The brakes are...well, they're not as bad as the Hermes or the Yosemite, but you are going to have to brake earlier than you're used to if you don't drive a lot of muscle cars.

I'm pretty impressed with the Hustler. I don't think it's a must-have car in this category, but if you like the style it's a solid choice.

• Switchblade Eyes and J1M like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

^ Probably (hopefully) some interesting tid bits about the next update in March.

I just re-read it and saw the bit about more details to come this Friday. I reckon we'll get double money or something on business sales this weekend. We haven't had bunker for a while, perhaps with air freight thrown in too, perhaps even dd heists?
  • BlanketGrinder likes this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Always Looking Good - In the City, the Suburbs, the Hood.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

I'm not sure whether 'Pinch of Salt' is the right expression, but it's the way I take most of these weekly promotional events, and instead of getting worked up or angry at Rockstar for lack of particular content I sift through the list and find something beneficial instead. For me, practically nothing this week, but the new Hustler does look sweet. And I strongly recommend getting a Buzzard at 25% off if you don't already have one - it's essential for freemode.

My main complaint: CRAP matchmaking!

This week we have FIVE double $$ Adversary Modes but only ONE of them will be featured in the 'Featured Adversary Mode' from your phone, as always, so that's constant invites for that and nothing else! And after you finish that game a whole screen of  the same adversary mode, just like last week when the only Adversary Mode that anyone played was Motor Wars. It's rubbish, Rockstar, and when you complete a featured game there should be a list of all the modes on promotion that week. OK, I'm just bitching, but I hate Rockstar's weekly marketing followed by lazy technical implementation.

• StormerBoy, B7R, hei3enberg and 5 others like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Hustler

RCV, Barrage and Stromberg discounts

Doubled adversary Modes

Very interesting bit about the March gift too

My wallet's finally gonna have some fun this week

lol Agreed.

Re: March gift:  Probably enough to cover some insurance costs and lost GTA$ from the ever-present "stop making so much money" cool downs, etc.

• StormerBoy and Rafae like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

2* cause of hustler

lol gift in march.....this is a money detect sceem.

• Xiled, KADENZA and Happy Hunter like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:48 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 13 February 2018 - 03:58 PM.

(dup. post)

• Rafae likes this

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

At least new players who haven't been able to get the Gusenberg Sweeper can pick it up.

They've been able to do that this whole time, none of the Valentines stuff was removed last year. (Or was it the year before?)

• DentureDynamite likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

I just re-read it and saw the bit about more details to come this Friday. I reckon we'll get double money or something on business sales this weekend. We haven't had bunker for a while, perhaps with air freight thrown in too, perhaps even dd heists?

Lol no it just seems like there'll be details about what the next update may be.
  • BlanketGrinder likes this

Wscratch
  • Wscratch

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Wheres the unrealesed liveries??!!!!!!!

ghost1986
  • ghost1986

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:54 PM Edited by ghost1986, 13 February 2018 - 03:55 PM.

Jesus christ, just when I thought I was making headway on saving towards towards the next DLC they put the Shotaro, Stromberg AND Benny upgrades on discount??  Ill be down a couple mil this week for sure.

Thankfully the Hustler doesnt do much for me.  Ill save for the 190 next week.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Finally!

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Next update should be exactly a month away from now and four weeks from today on the dot
  • StormerBoy and BlanketGrinder like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Hustler

RCV, Barrage and Stromberg discounts

Doubled adversary Modes

Very interesting bit about the March gift too

My wallet's finally gonna have some fun this week

lol Agreed.

Re: March gift:  Probably enough to cover some insurance costs and lost GTA$ from the ever-present "stop making so much money" cool downs, etc.

I bet it's gonna be another 425K tax refund or something.

• Rafae likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

^ Wouldn't mind that at all

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:01 PM Edited by tommyguns, 13 February 2018 - 04:03 PM.

YEEEEEEAAAAASSSS the Hustler :)

I was told it wasn't coming until the 20th. I'm not too fussed about the other DD vehicles, but I knew I was buying this the second I saw it, just like I've been a fan of it's IRL inspiration from the first time I saw it as a kid.

I may even buy two, one to keep classic and one to make over as a hot rod.

I was go into take a few days away from GTA, but I'll have to login later to buy this, run it round my favorite tracks and take a long cruise all around the state.

So I will just say again....The Hustler Yeeeeeaaaaassssss :)
  • S5L3T0, Alvarez, Rafae and 1 other like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:09 PM Edited by IamCourtney, 13 February 2018 - 04:10 PM.

Don't give a crap's ass about the Adversary Modes but some of these seem to be fairly popular so I'm happy for those who are into it.

Zero interest in the showcase vehicle or any of the others but finally a Stromberg sale!!! Gonna be picking one of those up for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users