Quantcast

» «
Photo

RDR2 Desktop Countdown Clock (For Windows)

5 replies to this topic
Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Cozzi, A week ago.

All the countdowns are cool, but i dont like it. these websites are lame. 260 days going down once a day make me feels like it takes forever. I started counting seconds until the game releases, and i couldn't find a countdown that would do seconds. thats when i decided to make my own countdown clock. I gave it an RDR background and logo, made it count seconds. Then i decided to add some script that goes through random quotes from the first game and went to the RDR wikia page and stole some of their quotes, then i added links to Here and Newswire and to the first two trailers. then i sat on it for days because i figured you guys wouldnt care but I got 10 likes in general chat so i figure more than two of you want this thing and as we pass the first 1,000,000 seconds since the release date was announced (Down to 22,003,000 at the time of writing) i figure ill share it:

9GMBYkD.png

Features:

-Matches to system clock so you dont have to worry about time zones.(I had this problem with some of the browser clocks.)
-Counts in seconds.

-Newswire link in top-left corner, link to this forum in top-right corner.
-Link to youtube videos of both trailers in bottom-right.
-Shows a quote from RDR1 or the RDR2 trailers every 10 seconds (Currently only have quotes from Irish, John, Edgar Ross, Arthur Morgan, Bill Williamson, Dutch Van Der Linde, and Javier Escuella.(quotes can be also be clicked to scroll through them)

Instructions:
Download .zip file.
Extract anywhere.
Run 'RDR2 Countdown Clock.exe'.

V 1.0

Spoiler

in the future when preload dates are announced or we get more trailers etc. I plan on updating this clock with associated links and timers. If anyone has any problems or bugs PM me. its a simple program so there shouldn't be many problems.

Also if anyone has any more ideas of bells and whistles to put in this thing id be glad to hear it.

• E•MO•TION, Yelda, SuperKitsune and 1 other like this

Yelda
  • Yelda

Guilty? Sure ...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Thank you very much :)
It's great that you share it with us.
This makes the drought more bearable :D

I will install it when I'm at home. I'm curious how it works.
  • Cozzi likes this

Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

can you try to make one for mac, wheres the equality lol

• Cozzi likes this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't develop for Apple because Apple doesn't believe in freedom!! lol.

Its a windows forms application so I'd need to port it, which shouldn't be but a days work or so except i basically have no MacOS environment to work and test in. If you really want it ill see what i can do if you or someone else will help beta test it.

• Safari likes this

Safari
  • Safari

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Its a windows forms application so I'd need to port it, which shouldn't be but a days work or so except i basically have no MacOS environment to work and test in. If you really want it ill see what i can do if you or someone else will help beta test it.

alright whenever your finished porting it just let me know by responding in this thread by telling me your ready, then just give me the link and ill test it out and let you know if it works :)

• Cozzi likes this

Cozzi
  • Cozzi

Rapping Dope Fiend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

alright whenever your finished porting it just let me know by responding in this thread by telling me your ready, then just give me the link and ill test it out and let you know if it works :)

Alright good because the only Mac I have around this house is a mac mini from about 2007. lol

• Safari likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users