Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cluster Bombs: Glitched, or just not very big?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Are they supposed to be that small, or are they glitched somehow?

1. Functioning as intended; just supposed to be like that. (16 votes [31.37%])

Percentage of vote: 31.37%

2. Got to be broken or glitched? (27 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. Not sure. I know nothing. (8 votes [15.69%])

Percentage of vote: 15.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Back when Smuggler's Run released, this was discussed a lot more - with that having been some time ago though, discussion kind of dropped down. No one really knew what to think.

Anyway. So, cluster bombs - the most expensive bomb type - have a much smaller blast radius than that of the ordinary bombs. The ordinary bomb's blasts aren't anything to write home about either, so these cluster bombs can often be dropped incredibly close to someone, and just do nothing.

8xedZ0T.jpg

I can't think of many explosives with that ineffective a blast radius. I'd guess a sticky bomb would kill from much further, and I'd be willing to bet a single shot of a Lazer's cannon gives a bigger blast than that.

Do you think it's broken in some way? Some kind of setting adjusted the wrong way? Or are they just supposed to be like this? Has anyone who can look deeper into the files and that kind of thing seen if there's anything that doesn't look right?

Its been a good few months now, with no changes. But then, there's a lot of broken stuff that's stayed for years. So it's kind of hard to say.

• Gaffa, -KM-, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

If you ask me they are certainly cluster f*cked.

• SilverRST, Shadowfennekin, -KM- and 9 others like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:30 AM Edited by nido997, 13 February 2018 - 07:31 AM.

yeah clusterbombs aren´t that good actually ... maybe it´s just intentional from R* , for balance purposes ?

I switched to the "regular" bombs anyway ...and finally managed to get many kills while bombing ...

• DentureDynamite, alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Walking In The Dark Path AGAIN!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

...so these cluster bombs can often be dropped incredibly close to someone, and just do nothing.

i think they are glitched...

just yesterday, i was showing one of my cars to my bro and he decided to do a bombing run with his avenger and 1 of the cluster bombs dropped right on top of my car and it didnt even scratch it!

it was weird!
  • DentureDynamite, alkaline_, nido997 and 1 other like this

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

I use the cluster bombs still due to the shake-the-hell-out-of-peoples-screens factor. I tried the regular bombs on my 2nd Tula but I missed that pizazz and got clusters for that too. The fire from the incendiary bombs disappears very quickly from my testing.

• Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

I use the cluster bombs still due to the shake-the-hell-out-of-peoples-screens factor. I tried the regular bombs on my 2nd Tula but I missed that pizazz and got clusters for that too. The fire from the incendiary bombs disappears very quickly from my testing.

Oh yes, they shake someone's screen so much you'd think it'd damage it or something. I will say that then, that it'd make it very hard to snipe or concentrate when they're dropped near. It's just a shame they seem to be all for show though. I like they way they look, sound, etc. They just don't seem to have much of a blast at all.

I still have them on a lot of my small planes. I wasn't sure if they were going to be changed or not, so didn't want to swap in case they're suddenly worth having again.

The fire ones are horrible sadly. Blast is not much different from this, and I didn't really notice any fire.

The only ones I'd recommend are regular (for PvP), and gas (great for enemies around objectives/vehicles you don't wanna destroy).

Here's an old video of how much they shake things.

yeah clusterbombs aren´t that good actually ... maybe it´s just intentional from R* , for balance purposes ?

I switched to the "regular" bombs anyway ...and finally managed to get many kills while bombing ...

I'm very tempted to switch all my planes to regular bombs. When I switched my Rogue to regular bombs, the difference was night and day. Suddenly it was a pretty competent bomber for close swoops.

• alkaline_, irish.chr and nido997 like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Devil's Advocate

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Since I've managed to practically park on top of someone and drop a bunch of cluster bombs that did nothing to them I'd say they are very much glitched. Switched out to gas bombs weeks ago, much more fun.
  • DentureDynamite and Happy Hunter like this

alkaline_
  • alkaline_

the fluffy penguin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Antarctica
  • Funniest GTA Member 2017

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

i find its hit or miss! but i am not very skilled at that to tell if its right or wrong. i say i have a hitrate of 50/50 (grind skateboard hihihi). to be honest, i thought they weren't that bad! but i voted i know nothing hihihi. remind you, my playstyle is very goofy hihihi because how could i play any better with fluffy flippers?!!!

• -KM-, THC, DrSweatySphincter and 2 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:50 AM Edited by Sanches, 13 February 2018 - 09:50 AM.

They could be glitched, or that's the Rockstar's vision on them.

However, you can spam their email with requests to buff them or something. Paying the biggest price just to shake player's screen.

Project cluster bombsexuality.

• Sky_Light12, Forza Harrd, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:40 PM Edited by SilverRST, 13 February 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Bombsexuality?? Sex bomb, sex bomb, you're a bomb! Give it to me when I need to come along!

R*'s vision is one big clusterf*ck when it comes to "balancing". Heck, I'm damn sure R* is like: "lmfao rofl, wtf is balance?? cant find it in mah dicktionary book"

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

They're definitely glitched. No one could possibly believe they are supposed to function as they do now.

• DentureDynamite and Happy Hunter like this

Ice_cold2016
  • Ice_cold2016

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

I have all the planes and choppers in the game equipped with bombs and i'd say they are deffo broken. They are just all show and no go. My favourite is the Rogue plane and i've gotten really good in it. But the cluster bombs and incendiary bombs are terribly underpowerd and easy to avoid. I have one Rogue with cluster bombs on and another Rogue with gas bombs and the gas bombs are the more effective of the two. They work a treat when people are protecting the yacht or standing the ground. But with the clusters you can make a direct hit and enemy doesn't die.

• Forza Harrd and Happy Hunter like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

It's just sh#tty coding that R* will never go back to fix, nothing new with their DLC releases.

• Forza Harrd and Happy Hunter like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Playa

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

I remember the day I switched to normal bombs just look how they work, and find out I'm not so bad with bombing. Another day been bombed by them on the street and didn't even been moved by them, guy on a plane managed to rain me multiply times, and certain cluster bomb did nothing.

They can't kill npc either.

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Best Contributor in GTA Online 2017
    Most Knowledgeable in GTA 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:51 PM Edited by Fun 2, 13 February 2018 - 01:53 PM.

I believe the problem is because of this but I'm not sure.
Cluster Bombs:

<bCanSetPedOnFire value="false" />

Explosive Bombs:

<bCanSetPedOnFire value="true" />
<bCanSetPlayerOnFire value="true" />

Using the Explosive bombs gives you a better chance to cause some damage to players and NPCs even if you don't hit them while the Cluster bombs requires you to be extremely accurate.

• DentureDynamite, MrTroubleMaker and Happy Hunter like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Playa

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Cluster Bombs:

Explosive Bombs:

Using the Explosive bombs gives you a better chance to cause some damage to players and NPCs even if you don't hit them while the Cluster bombs requires you to be extremely accurate.

Can you please show what damage exactly they have in compare to normal one?

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

Cluster Bombs:

Explosive Bombs:

in other words , cluster bomb favours damage over blast radius ?

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Its broken alright, not that they will ever care to change this.

Quote from R*: f*ck you, now go buy shark card.

• R3CON and Happy Hunter like this

Fun 2
  • Fun 2

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Best Contributor in GTA Online 2017
    Most Knowledgeable in GTA 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Both deal the same damage but they work differently.

Explosive Bombs:

<endRadius value="6.000000" />
<initSpeed value="50.000000" />
<forceFactor value="60.000000" />

Cluster Bomb:

<endRadius value="2.500000" />
<initSpeed value="25.000000" />
<forceFactor value="3.000000" />

Secondary Cluster Bombs (Tiny ones that emits from the Cluster Bomb):

<endRadius value="1.500000" />
<initSpeed value="15.000000" />
<forceFactor value="400.000000" />

Cluster Bomb favors the secondary bombs over the main one, you have to drop it near the target so that one of the secondary ones hit him.

You don't have to do that with the Explosive bombs.

• Sky_Light12, Gridl0k, DentureDynamite and 5 others like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:19 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 13 February 2018 - 03:20 PM.

^ what does forcefactor do? Because 400 is a sh*tload more than 60... Pushing force?

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Both deal the same damage but they work differently.

Explosive Bombs:

<endRadius value="6.000000" />
<initSpeed value="50.000000" />
<forceFactor value="60.000000" />

Cluster Bomb:

<endRadius value="2.500000" />
<initSpeed value="25.000000" />
<forceFactor value="3.000000" />

Secondary Cluster Bombs (Tiny ones that emits from the Cluster Bomb):

<endRadius value="1.500000" />
<initSpeed value="15.000000" />
<forceFactor value="400.000000" />

Cluster Bomb favors the secondary bombs over the main one, you have to drop it near the target so that one of the secondary ones hit him.

You don't have to do that with the Explosive bombs.

hmmm thats odd , i saw some bomb test guide

they say cluster bomb deal a little more damage than regular bomb

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:33 PM Edited by PwnageSoldier, 13 February 2018 - 04:38 PM.

Functioning as intended Hunter, it's to balance the fact that it's much more powerful than the regular explosive bombs. If it had a big blast radius, we'd be getting our MOCs wrecked in 4 bombs I believe (CGH released a video on SR bombs, I'd suggest you watch it, or watch Gtamen's way more indepth video on the bombs).

EDIT: Saw F2's comment. That'd probably mean that if all of the secondary bombs from the cluster hits the target, it'd do full damage (aka MOCs wrecked in 4 bombs). If not, I don't honestly know :p

By the way, it's f*cking Feburary, update your god damn profile picture.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:41 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 13 February 2018 - 08:45 PM.

I'd suggest a lot of the explosives stuff / data / resistances is messed up. I basically did away with testing the bombs in various different scenarios or with most vehicles because of a) needing to be super accurate for the tests and b) some vehicles acting differently at random, like the CEO Buzzard. 

Now if Rockstar Games could tell me a way to change the Flare Gun to shoot aircraft bombs rather than it's flare projectile, then I'd be all over some thorough testing, but every native I've attempted to use and trying to set those specific ammo or explosion types have failed. 

I couldn't even get a spawned-in NPC (in GTA V single player) equipped with the Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2 and the Explosive Rounds magazine, to actually fire exploding rounds, so there's probably something else I've overlooked there. 

EDIT - oh and I think the Lazer's cannon uses the Grenade explosion, so it's probably bigger. 

• Gridl0k and Happy Hunter like this

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Helicarrier-sexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

I'd suggest a lot of the explosives stuff / data / resistances is messed up. I basically did away with testing the bombs in various different scenarios or with most vehicles because of a) needing to be super accurate for the tests and b) some vehicles acting differently at random, like the CEO Buzzard. 

Now if Rockstar Games could tell me a way to change the Flare Gun to shoot aircraft bombs rather than it's flare projectile, then I'd be all over some thorough testing, but every native I've attempted to use and trying to set those specific ammo or explosion types have failed. 
I couldn't even get a spawned-in NPC (in GTA V single player) equipped with the Heavy Sniper Rifle Mk.2 and the Explosive Rounds magazine, to actually fire exploding rounds, so there's probably something else I've overlooked there. 

EDIT - oh and I think the Lazer's cannon uses the Grenade explosion, so it's probably bigger.

Some game devs separate sp/mp. When in MP the game needs to squire some assets from the cloud. This is so the MP patches don't mess with SP because we all know MP and SP balance is actually a pain to sync.
One can only assume that R* Did this to force players online.

I know that a few years ago in another game under another developer they found out after the 1st MP update we could save edit the new weapons into SP which they intended to release in an item pack later on and so future MP updates installed bare minimum of the weapons and we had to get draw everything else from the cloud when in MP.

Wotanskrieger
  • Wotanskrieger

Dear R*, nerf everything and take away all the fun.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

It's probably a glitch.

Or... maybe R* created the cluster bombs so OP that they feared people moans (lazer is so op but my Pyro could kill it) would fill the internet so they said "meh, let's give them the same damage as an SNS Pistol shot in the chest"

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Cluster Bombs:

Explosive Bombs:

Although, it does seem like the blast is small against vehicles as well - not just people on foot. That said, that does look like it could be it.

Do you think that its been intentionally turned off, or just switched off by accident?

The blast from cluster bombs is amazingly small. Not visually, but the actual area it affects. Like, you can be standing in the blast that you can see, and it won't do anything (like in the video).

It's a shame. I'd like to have cluster bombs just for the screen-shaking factor, and that I don't want to have to replace the bombs that are already on all my first Smuggler's Run aircraft.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users