GTA EFLC Invalid resouces after modding

5 replies to this topic
ModderBoi
  • ModderBoi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Hello guys. I've created some models for GTA TBoGT(version 1.1.2.0) and they work without any problems, but as soon as I open the game with Simple Native Trainer installed, the game gives me a Fatal Error saying that Invalid resources have been detected. I used this mod(www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=11160) that adds new clothes for Luis and changed the models to my own models and the game worked. But as soon as I change the textures I get the error message.

It has something to do with the trainer I'm sure, since when I don't use the trainer the game can load the models and textures correctly. I've found only one solution on how to troubleshoot this and it is to replace the textures using SparkIV but I cannot change the resolution that way. I've tried to load different sized textures using OpenIV and then later replacing them with Spark, but that has gotten me only so far. The resolution is still too low for my models. This is infuriating since the mod page for the Luis Clothes mod has people saying you can just import more clothes as you wish, but I can't seem to get it work.

Is there anyone who knows what could be causing this?

jaqub
  • jaqub

buff nigga of the year

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

As you add more models or textures in the same type of the the slot, you need to change the the digit or letter of your new model or texture file.

Example on textures:

Orginal:  uppr_diff_000_a_uni.wtd

New: uppr_diff_000_b_uni.wtd <-- Now go one letter futher to have another texture added. (You can go like a,b,c,d,e,f... and more until you maybe reached the texture limit for the model...)

Now on the models, you just have to go one digit futher on tree 0 number set:

Orginal: uppr_diff_000_a_uni.wtd

New: uppr_diff_001_a_uni.wtd

Thats it! Just simple isnt it? You even can see easily the stucture in playerped.rpf...

ModderBoi
  • ModderBoi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by ModderBoi, A week ago.

Well, of course I've done that. It's just that the trainer doesn't want to work with the textures. I've actually gotten the game to load now with the correct textures and models, but either the trainer doesn't work or if it works it'll crash after I die once in the game. Actually changing any files will cause the trainer to not work. I downloaded the realistic weapon damage mod(which changes only the WeaponInfo.xml file) and the trainer didn't even launch.

jaqub
  • jaqub

buff nigga of the year

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well, of course I've done that. It's just that the trainer doesn't want to work with the textures. I've actually gotten the game to load now with the correct textures and models, but either the trainer doesn't work or if it works it'll crash after I die once in the game. Actually changing any files will cause the trainer to not work. I downloaded the realistic weapon damage mod(which changes only the WeaponInfo.xml file) and the trainer didn't even launch.

Are you using only OpenIV to drop ur models and textures?

ModderBoi
  • ModderBoi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by ModderBoi, A day ago.

I've tried replacing the models and textures with new ones and tried removing all the original files and then adding the new ones, but it hasn't made a difference. I actually gave up on EFLC and switched to IV. Installed the version 1.0.4.0 and the older version of the simple native trainer. I don't get the invalid resources error anymore, but the trainer doesn't want to load. I do get it to work however by removing the save game everytime I open the game. I can't really progress in the game normally that way, but it's good enough. Also if I want to play the game normally I'll just remove the mod, so I don't really have a problem anymore. I would just like to know why the trainer doesn't work with modded player files.

jaqub
  • jaqub

buff nigga of the year

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I've tried replacing the models and textures with new ones and tried removing all the original files and then adding the new ones, but it hasn't made a difference. I actually gave up on EFLC and switched to IV. Installed the version 1.0.4.0 and the older version of the simple native trainer. I don't get the invalid resources error anymore, but the trainer doesn't want to load. I do get it to work however by removing the save game everytime I open the game. I can't really progress in the game normally that way, but it's good enough. Also if I want to play the game normally I'll just remove the mod, so I don't really have a problem anymore. I would just like to know why the trainer doesn't work with modded player files.

No the Simple Native Trainer works with switching the appareances of every clothing part thats been custom made...

I dont know why its happening to you, but just clear that you have done these things:

1. Edit the textures you want to like with Photoshop. Export them as their same size and resolution. (recnotize wrong colors and saturation!)

2. Use OpenIV only and do the intruction above. Also make sure to check everything (like letters, characters and numbers) and if the file format you converted is correct.

3. The model you making textures must also exist...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users