Quantcast

» «
Photo

What do you like to do in GTAIV outside storyline?

17 replies to this topic
GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, 4 days ago. removed poll on op's request

Ciao tutti GTAFrutti!

I didn't find a similar topic in this thread (altho i didnt search too much either) so i decided to make this thread. Basically you just write what you enjoy doing in-game, e.g. police killing spree, blowing up bank vans and collecting money or maybe bowling with Roman, anything!

I didn't play the game yet so you begin!

NOTES AND RULES:

• If you want to say what you do in multiplayer, there might be created a separated thread about online, if that happens, someone else should make it and try monitoring/moderating if necessary
  • I decided to put all EFLC stuff in here :D
  • You can talk about how you use mods, but it's not the priority, so it's better you avoid mentioning mods unless you use it in an interesting and fun way.
    After all, there are plenty of things to do without mods.
  • Mentioning using trainers is welcome too
  • If you want to upload big and/or a lot of pics of what you're doing/did, put them in a spoiler, this could be used instead of posting an extremely long text
  • If you're currently not playing IV or if you never played and want to do it so at some point in future, then you can say what you did/used to do or what you'd want or plan to do...
  • You can also try something new, experiment and discover something if you haven't done so yet.
  • Keep in mind i might not be able to like every single post, hope you don't mind. :colgate:

• I really think this topic would be useful, so dear mods and admins, please don't delete or lock this thread unless things get out of control
  • Rules and notes might get updated depending on the situation
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Swingsets exist in GTA IV are very glitchy, if you lean cars to them, the cars are thrown back by a huge unseen force. You can do insanely fun stunts messing with this glitch.

You can pick strange stuff (dildos, french fries, pool balls etc) and throw them to the fat useless cops.

You can push people down to stairs just for fun. Physics were kind of exaggerated in GTA IV and people feel like they are massless, they just roll and roll and roll.

I love pool mini game actually. It is not easy and result of shots are quite unpredictable. I love it maybe because it is one of the few thing they bother carrying from San Andreas.

People are getting into line and buying hotdogs from vendors. You can just push them all and get into front instead of waiting.

I always liked damaging my cars in HD universe GTA games, sometimes I damage my car a lot and no one believe me if I tell what I am driving was a four wheel vehicle before.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95, E•MO•TION and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, A week ago.

-Swing set glitch.

-Gearing up as a masked gunman and terrorising people at Burger Shot/Cluckin' Bell.

-Racing.

-Hanging out with friends/girlfriends.

-Completing the highly addicting and fun side missions.

-Jump out of helicopters just because...

-Run over peds with the hood cam engaged. 

-Throw molotovs at people.
  • Wu-Tang Forever, Yinepi and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

The Coconut Kid
  • The Coconut Kid

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I didn't actually do much outside of the storyline in GTAIV. I always found in controlling Niko, much like I would inevitably feel when controlling John Marston in Red Dead Redemption, that a lot of my usual GTA habits felt beneath his character. I avoided going on big rampages and killing innocent people and whenever I would get into fights in free roam I would use Niko's countering abilities to end them as quick as possible. He felt like a professional hitman so I wanted to play him as close to one as possible.

My favourite thing to do in GTAIV beyond anything else would be to just hang around in the game or leave it on in the background because the ambience is amazing. I think the best GTA characters are always the ones who are new to the city, so with Niko being an immigrant I would always travel around in Roman's old taxi looking for the seedier corners of the city that mostly illegals would frequent and imagine an entire black market economy invisible to all but the criminal elements. Hove Beach was great for this with Firefly Island and the docks. Hanging out with the friends was always fun too because their backstories were so fleshed out and they were actually compelling to listen to, and they provided a way for Niko to familiarize himself with the new city and bond with some new contacts within it.

The expansion packs (especially TLAD) were a lot less restrictive for me and I spent a lot of time causing chaos when controlling Johnny. I loved the gang wars and I liked continuing them outside of the mini game by going to the territories occupied by the gangs featured in them and causing mayhem. A lot of the professionalism I would stick to when controlling Niko went out of the window as Johnny. Gunfights were spray and pray and I'd like Johnny to take as much damage as possible in fights. Also had absolutely zero problem with aiming a shotgun at, blowing up or throwing molotovs at the police and their cars either. When the police would corner me as Niko, I would always let them arrest him, but with Johnny I'd charge straight at them with the knife and begin stabbing them before running off. I loved how distinctive the protagonists were and how different they made you play the games.

• Algonquin Assassin, Deusrexmachina, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

Best Of All... It's An Albany

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

In my time away from helping and hating the characters of GTA IV (in all the right ways, I assure you), I would typically wander the streets of Liberty City on foot or in an Esperanto, Marbelle, Emperor, or Mr. Tasty and take in the sights, the sounds, the smells. I never did find all the collectables, never did explore every alleyway, but I rode each line of the subway and I scoured Algonquin and Broker for all the magical, half-real wonder those streets could offer me. I concur with everybody else that, yeah, Liberty City feels... alive. It feels like a strange dream, both good and bad, and one that you never quite feel like you'll get to know all of, even if you try to stay asleep just a few minutes longer.

Give money to buskers, listen to the soapboxing of maniacs on the street corners, watch the news crawlers and ads in Star Junction, go bowling and drinking with friends, and watch TV. Some of the best parts of GTA IV are when it feels almost like an RPG, where after you get done with a mission that leaves both you and Niko angry, you drive to a calm spot in the city - Colony Island, Hove Beach, Meadows Park - and listen to your favorite radio station, or just sit back and watch the planes land at Francis International, or simply enjoy the sounds of Liberty City, throbbing and moving and living all around you.

Might sound boring, it probably is for some people (because it's an action game, why would you want to be calm while playing it?), but it just... It's what I liked to do in GTA IV outside the storyline.

• Algonquin Assassin, Deusrexmachina, AmigaMix and 1 other like this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Benefactor Panto should've been called Vollthrottel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

I just made a poll about EFLC

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Riding motorcycles, cruise across the bridges, watch the in-game sunsets and so forth.

Then, every now and then, embrace my dark side by going on a rampage like a "mass shooter simulator". 

Prey on the unsuspecting people and then open fire on those poor bastards. 

"Better run; outrun my gun!" Ha. 

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Make sure your health is full, steal a bike; while driving it with a full speed, crash to a car coming from opposite line.

Watch Niko flying and then rolling endlessly for a good amount of time.
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

AmigaMix
  • AmigaMix

human being

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

• Picking up food from fast food joints / stands
  • Cruising around, listening to music / talkshows / the news (very nice feature)
  • Admiring the subway system ("abusing" the camera glitch)
  • Hanging out with other characters (great optional story content, helps with characterization)
  • Taking a walk
  • Watching TV / surfing the net
  • Beating up rude people (No, you bumped into ME!)
  • anthony, Arrows to Athens and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

InsaneHC
  • InsaneHC

Horrorcore

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

i like to fight with people, it's the most realistic fighting system in gta games (by me)
and just mess around with the physics and engine of this game.
Sometimes i'll just drive around the city like citizen :D 

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

sebbellic01
  • sebbellic01

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Flying around the city in a helicopter is a surprisingly enjoyable thing to do.

• Algonquin Assassin, Arrows to Athens and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Deusrexmachina
  • Deusrexmachina

Player Hater

• Members

Posted A week ago

I've once killed over 2000 pedestrians and police. No mods, just... well, bloodthirsty? Wanted to see how far it could go. Fun times. Did it once and that's it. 

Usually it's doing the police job; I hate it when civilians are in the way, I try to avoid them and in some cases also arrive late at the crime scene as had  to slam hard on the brakes to avoid killing them dumb walking civvies. 

Lately it's just switching off the cell and cruising around, mostly by foot. 

Lupin_III
  • Lupin_III

Le Voleur.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Lupin_III, A week ago.

I love watching the AI coordinate themselves in Liberty City, and especially when they drive or perform idle actions. This is one of the things that blew me away when I first began playing the game in 2008.
Observing them traverse through the many streets of Liberty City with the various types of vehicles that they drive is surprisingly entertaining.
The dialogue and mannerisms of the AI in accordance to their location is another example of the AI's interactivity that never fails to entertain me.
And because I have car mods, the realism and experience are heavily accentuated. GTA IV remains one of my top favorite games of the series because of its realism and incredible attention to detail.
These are two pictures I snapped while playing IV a little while ago.

ZHwIrF7.jpg

GJ5cqpE.jpg

• Deusrexmachina, sebbellic01 and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Forgot to mention that I like to pick up things off the ground such as pricks and throw them at pedestrians.

• Arrows to Athens, sebbellic01 and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Boozey St James
  • Boozey St James

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Great thread! I just got back into playing GTAIV on my ps3!

1)chilling in a car and listening to the talk radio stations.
2) driving around star junction and cruising down every street near it.
3)I treat this game very much like an rpg now. I have to control him Mon-Fri. But from Friday night through Saturday night, that's when I let him get a bit out of character.
4)hang out with Roman, Dwayne, and Lil Jacob and go to shows, drinking, strip clubs, and bowling.
5)watch TV
6) Listening to the peds. LC really feels like NYC. I drive to the street in Dukes modeled after the town I live in, and just look around... The nostalgia.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Getting into a Phantom and driving down the highway, pushing cars out of the way and causing sh*t tons of damage.

GTA xy
  • GTA xy

Grand Theft Auto is my life!

• Members
  • China

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA xy, A week ago.

Giving hobos some money is a good idea.Niko is a Warm-hearted hero.

Convert your movies to GTA IV.And watch them on Niko'TV. It is pretty fun.
  • Arrows to Athens and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

This plan *sucks*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Last playthrough (and for all my future ones), across the main game and its expansions, every morning I head to the nearest restaurant and grab some breakfast before starting the day's activities :p In the beginning I got in the habit of walking from Roman's apartment to the diner around the corner every morning, and it just became a routine :p I also sometimes hit a restaurant for some dinner. 

Aside from that, with all three characters I do all the excellent side missions, as it beefs up the game a surprising amount if you've never done it before. I hang out with friends of course, especially as Niko, not just for the unlockables but for the metric ton of engaging, revealing conversations you can have. And with Niko in particular, since he's an immigrant, I take time to explore the city and see all the sights, especially the helicopter tours and going up to the Rotterdam Tower's observation deck. Even though most of the story has Niko dealing with the city at its worst, I really like the idea of him taking some downtime and experiencing the city at its best and having some fun. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users