Photo

How to Sell in a Full Lobby

126 replies to this topic
sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:45 PM Edited by sudon't, 10 February 2018 - 10:09 PM.

Anytime someone asks for advice about selling in Freemode, people will inevitably come back with their tricks for getting an empty lobby, and they all seem to think they’re clever. To me, this seems like a joyless way to grind, basically going through the motions, and frankly, sad and pathetic. Why are you stacking up money if you don’t even want to play the game? Why are you even playing GTA? Yes, I’m being rhetorical. I’m really not interested in your rationalizations for trying to play a multi-player game solo. Believe me, I’ve heard them, because it’s always the solo players complaining about this game. Well, duh, it’s not a single-player game. 

For everyone else, if you want to get the most out of this game, if you want more from GTA than to make the number representing your imaginary bank account bigger, or to fill pixel garages with pixel vehicles, in short, if you’re here for the gameplay, you need to cultivate friends in the game. Everything you do in Online requires the assistance of others, even if only to have enough players to start a mission. This is especially true when trying to do business in Freemode. Freemode is rough. It always has been. That’s why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging. The reason “these douchebags” come along and destroy your supplies when you’re just “minding your own business” is because that’s what’s supposed to happen. Kid yourself all you want, but it is happening. This is the game.

TL;DR: You need more friends.

This means you need to defend yourself, and defend your cargo, especially when doing the sale. For this, you need friends. Lots of them. The more friends you have, the more likely someone will be online when you are. As you play the game over months and years, eventually all these friends you've made will condense into a crew of regulars - people you like, and who you play with all the time. Solo players are easy to victimize in this game, but if you’re rolling with crew of a half-dozen players, not so much. This alone will give you a huge advantage over tryhards, because tryhards have no friends. You’ll be able to use vehicles that require more than one player to use to their full potential. And you won’t have to cower in empty lobbies.

If you don’t have enough friends, you’re not ready to do business in Freemode. If you can only muster the three or four drivers, the bare minimum number of players, you’re just ripe for the picking. Especially if you don’t have the sense to exit the vehicles and fight off an attack. Believe me, I see it all the time. They just keep driving as if, IDK, the attacker is going to go away. To do a successful sale, you need three or four drivers and some air-support. You need at least one good pilot in a Hydra who can take out anyone who approaches the convoy. The Hydra can hover, which makes it easy to stay near the much slower-moving convoy, and he can also strike out, and pick off anyone before they get close to the cargo. But, if everyone has different checkpoints, you need more, right? One guy can’t cover everybody, and he might even get shot down. I would never start a sale without at least six people. You also want to plan in advance, and make sure everyone understands their roles, and what to do if attacked. Look at the map before starting out. See what lies in your path, and whether you might want to reroute. Then have someone always watching the map. See what vehicles are on the map that might present a threat. Plan on taking them out. Pay attention when someone ghosts or goes off-radar. Assume they’re coming for you, and watch the sky.

Last night, there were eight of us in a full lobby. There were three enemy jets in the sky, (in GTA, if they’re not a friend, they are an enemy), and a guy griefing in a Deluxo. We were seeing a lot of kill notifications, so, all in all, a pretty aggro lobby. One of us needed to sell his bunker, so he got into Biker mode and sent us all an invite. In Biker mode, you can hire up to eight people, and players get paid more for sales, but the fact is, it’s not even necessary for all your friends to be in the organization to help. The real payoff is when you turn around and help them, not the chump change they get paid. 

They gave us two Phantom Wedges for the sale. We had one guy in a Hydra, two fully-manned Hunters, and the drivers for the Phantom Wedges. We started off from Paleto Bay, heading down to Elysian Island. We all just hovered over the convoy, minding our own business, singing Kumbaya, and no one bothered us.

No, that’s not what happened. We saw that one jet was flying around over Sandy Shores. He didn’t make a move to attack us, so we had to bring the fight to him. My friend in the Hydra broke off and went to take him down. Just as this happened, we saw an orange crew with two jets heading for us from the Airport. We gained some altitude in the Hunters and moved forward to meet them. We took them down near Fort Zancudo, so we left one Hunter behind to spawn-kill them for a while so they couldn’t get into another jet. Meanwhile, a Deluxo shows up on the edge of the map, heading our way. As my pilot kept him busy with Homing Missiles, I took him out with the explosive cannon. We kept moving, not minding our own business, but griefing everyone in our path, picking a fight with anyone and everyone within range. The Deluxo guy then comes back with his Oppressor, and we swat him down in that, too. The poor guy kept trying each vehicle in turn, but it wasn’t working out for him. As this is happening, the orange crew apparently got back to their hangar and got another jet. Our jet guy got on top of them, and managed to take both out. Then he spent some time griefing them on the ground around the Airport, in order to keep them out of their hangar.

When the sale was completed, we all got our little $30k bonuses, and then we really went to work griefing our erstwhile attackers. Later, another one of us needed to sell his coke and meth, so we all joined his organization. By now, we had plenty of pissed-off enemies in the lobby, so these two sales were just as fun as the first. Or, almost as fun. One was in boats, so we could only be attacked by air, so that was a pretty low-key affair. But had there been no air-support, they would’ve been easy targets. Any solo griefer could’ve come along and easily taken out the entire shipment.

My point is, no cargo was lost over three sales in a full lobby, and we were not making any attempt to keep our heads down. This is because we had enough players to keep everyone too busy to get to the actual cargo, and it was a blast doing it! To my mind, this is a lot more fun than just driving from point A to point B. If this sounds like fun to you, too, then work on building up your friends list. Don’t be too picky at first. Just look for decent people who use their mics. As I say, over time, the best ones shake out, and you’ll have a crew of solid friends. Nothing makes it easier to make money in this game than to have a group of reliable players to draw upon. Then, take turns helping each other out. You’ll find it’s a lot more fun than playing with yourself.

• KimFowleyJr, IamCourtney, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

OBeef619
  • OBeef619

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

You play GTA how you play it. Others play GTA how they want to. You can't change players play style.
  • badmoon, jazzbone, hei3enberg and 16 others like this

Kiwi_91
  • Kiwi_91

Arguably the best driver in Gta. 92% win rate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

ive sometimes done it in a full lobby when it seems kinda chill or if im feeling risky but all the way through the sell/ source missions its so uncomfortable knowing that ur at risk, especially with the orbital cannon. which is why i still choose to use empty sessions. 

one time i was doing hangar source missions in an empty session, i checked the players list to make sure it was still just me, and it was. but then literally 10 seconds later a hydra comes outta nowhere and tries taking me out. im still baffled as to how he got in the session and attacked me so fast.

• -KM- and DengaGrad like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:10 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 10 February 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Well, it's true that making money online gets easier if you have friends. You don't _have_ to have friends though. I have some friends who are pretty much as much into this game as I am, and we often find quiet lobbies and help each other with bunker and coke sales and the like, then we part ways to source vehicles and do other stuff to ourselves.

Last night I was on my way from the office to source a vehicle, and I saw two of these friends standing on a roof in LS right below where I was passing. So I landed by them, pulled Jazz Hands, drank a few Pisswasser's. Had a smoke, switched into swimwear and went for a quick swim in the rooftop pool before I continued along, even forgetting I was on a source mission and only noticed by the time I got to LSIA.

What I like though is that I don't ever feel like i "should" play with them. I mostly enjoy setting my own rules when I play online, and I mostly like to be alone. I don't want someone to "get mad" at me because I don't help. F*ck that sh*t.

• bulldog385 and Ryancoke66 like this

MrClownSocks
  • MrClownSocks

MrClownSocks

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

I prefer to just slow down my connection, and lag out the lobby. Then I feel comfortable enough to buy, steal or sell.
  • bulldog385 and El Payaso like this

Kiwi_91
  • Kiwi_91

Arguably the best driver in Gta. 92% win rate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

also another thing is that i think people forget that it only shows you on the source mission whilst your carrying the cargo. if you're on your way to the cargo/fighting for it. no one knows its a source mission until you actually pick that cargo up and it flashes up for them. so most of the time you're not even at risk, although it might seem like you are  

• sudon't likes this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:27 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 10 February 2018 - 08:30 PM.

^

The source mission with the bomb onboard the vehicle is the best, because as long as the 2 mins are counting down you're basically safe. Kind of ironic that the easiest source mission is the one when you're literally sitting on top of a bomb. Way I see it it's almost like 2 min free ghost org, also it's a fun little game to try and have as little time as possible between bomb disarm and entering the yellow corona/warehouse.

• IamCourtney, El Payaso and dragosani00 like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

That’s why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

Stopped reading right here. This is a load of crap.

• S5L3T0, hei3enberg, -KM- and 18 others like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

That’s why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

This. They only did it so its harder to earn money, so they sell more cashcards. And that seems to work just fine for them.

• StangOne50, hei3enberg, -KM- and 12 others like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

Anytime someone asks for advice about selling in Freemode, people will inevitably come back with their tricks for getting an empty lobby, and they all seem to think theyre clever. To me, this seems like a joyless way to grind, basically going through the motions, and frankly, sad and pathetic. Why are you stacking up money if you dont even want to play the game? Why are you even playing GTA? Yes, Im being rhetorical. Im really not interested in your rationalizations for trying to play a multi-player game solo. Believe me, Ive heard them, because its always the solo players complaining about this game. Well, duh, its not a single-player game. 

For everyone else, if you want to get the most out of this game, if you want more from GTA than to make the number representing your imaginary bank account bigger, or to fill pixel garages with pixel vehicles, in short, if youre here for the gameplay, you need to cultivate friends in the game. Everything you do in Online requires the assistance of others, even if only to have enough players to start a mission. This is especially true when trying to do business in Freemode. Freemode is rough. It always has been. Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging. The reason these douchebags come along and destroy your supplies when youre just minding your own business is because thats whats supposed to happen. Kid yourself all you want, but it is happening. This is the game.

This means you need to defend yourself, and defend your cargo, especially when doing the sale. For this, you need friends. Lots of them. The more friends you have, the more likely someone will be online when you are. As you play the game over months and years, eventually all these friends you've made will condense into a crew of regulars - people you like, and who you play with all the time. Solo players are easy to victimize in this game, but if youre rolling with crew of a half-dozen players, not so much. This alone will give you a huge advantage over tryhards, because tryhards have no friends. Youll be able to use vehicles that require more than one player to use to their full potential. And you wont have to cower in empty lobbies.

If you dont have enough friends, youre not ready to do business in Freemode. If you can only muster the three or four drivers, the bare minimum number of players, youre just ripe for the picking. Especially if you dont have the sense to exit the vehicles and fight off an attack. Believe me, I see it all the time. They just keep driving as if, IDK, the attacker is going to go away. To do a successful sale, you need three or four drivers and some air-support. You need at least one good pilot in a Hydra who can take out anyone who approaches the convoy. The Hydra can hover, which makes it easy to stay near the much slower-moving convoy, and he can also strike out, and pick off anyone before they get close to the cargo. But, if everyone has different checkpoints, you need more, right? One guy cant cover everybody, and he might even get shot down. I would never start a sale without at least six people. You also want to plan in advance, and make sure everyone understands their roles, and what to do if attacked. Look at the map before starting out. See what lies in your path, and whether you might want to reroute. Then have someone always watching the map. See what vehicles are on the map that might present a threat. Plan on taking them out. Pay attention when someone ghosts or goes off-radar. Assume theyre coming for you, and watch the sky.

Last night, there were eight of us in a full lobby. There were three enemy jets in the sky, (in GTA, if theyre not a friend, they are an enemy), and a guy griefing in a Deluxo. We were seeing a lot of kill notifications, so, all in all, a pretty aggro lobby. One of us needed to sell his bunker, so he got into Biker mode and sent us all an invite. In Biker mode, you can hire up to eight people, and players get paid more for sales, but the fact is, its not even necessary for all your friends to be in the organization to help. The real payoff is when you turn around and help them, not the chump change they get paid. 

They gave us three Phantom Wedges for the sale. We had one guy in a Hydra, two fully-manned Hunters, and the three drivers for the Phantom Wedges. We started off from Paleto Bay, heading down to Elysian Island. We all just hovered over the convoy, minding our own business, singing Kumbaya, and no one bothered us.

No, thats not what happened. We saw that one jet was flying around over Sandy Shores. He didnt make a move to attack us, so we had to bring the fight to him. My friend in the Hydra broke off and went to take him down. Just as this happened, we saw an orange crew with two jets heading for us from the Airport. We gained some altitude in the Hunters and moved forward to meet them. We took them down near Fort Zancudo, so we left one Hunter behind to spawn-kill them for a while so they couldnt get into another jet. Meanwhile, a Deluxo shows up on the edge of the map, heading our way. As my pilot kept him busy with Homing Missiles, I took him out with the explosive cannon. We kept moving, not minding our own business, but griefing everyone in our path, picking a fight with anyone and everyone within range. The Deluxo guy then comes back with his Oppressor, and we swat him down in that, too. The poor guy kept trying each vehicle in turn, but it wasnt working out for him. As this is happening, the orange crew apparently got back to their hangar and got another jet. Our jet guy got on top of them, and managed to take both out. Then he spent some time griefing them on the ground around the Airport, in order to keep them out of their hangar.

When the sale was completed, we all got our little $30k bonuses, and then we really went to work griefing our erstwhile attackers. Later, another one of us needed to sell his coke and meth, so we all joined his organization. By now, we had plenty of pissed-off enemies in the lobby, so these two sales were just as fun as the first. Or, almost as fun. One was in boats, so we could only be attacked by air, so that was a pretty low-key affair. But had there been no air-support, they wouldve been easy targets. Any solo griefer couldve come along and easily taken out the entire shipment.

My point is, no cargo was lost over three sales in a full lobby, and we were not making any attempt to keep our heads down. This is because we had enough players to keep everyone too busy to get to the actual cargo, and it was a blast doing it! To my mind, this is a lot more fun than just driving from point A to point B. If this sounds like fun to you, too, then work on building up your friends list. Dont be too picky at first. Just look for decent people who use their mics. As I say, over time, the best ones shake out, and youll have a crew of solid friends. Nothing makes it easier to make money in this game than to have a group of reliable players to draw upon. Then, take turns helping each other out. Youll find its a lot more fun than playing with yourself.

Just some minor nitpicking but

-I'm assuming your first sale was from the Paleto bay bunker, trade that crap and get a bunker closer to the city,like the Farmhouse, route 68 or Grand senora.

It makes sales and supply runs easier.

Also you never get 3 phantom wedges with a full bunker, you get 2.

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

How to sell in a full lobby:

- Wait until Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins comes on the radio;

- Start up sell mission

- Haul ass

- Profit.

...hiiiighwaaaaaaay toooooooo the daaaaaaanger zooone

• Jimbatron, S5L3T0, StangOne50 and 9 others like this

PfisterAmsterdam
  • PfisterAmsterdam

Amsterdam Noord

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

What kind of nonsense story is this..?

I play solo since forever and i will play solo forever. i always sell in full lobby's. I do everyting to make money in full lobby's. did i already say i play solo, always.

I stop reading when you say "If you don’t have enough friends, you’re not ready to do business in Freemode"

Now tell me then, how is it possible i have a bankaccount with millions on it. I have multiple garages with all the cars i like. That all playing solo without sharkcards, modders or glitches.
Oh and did i mention i do this all solo in full public lobby's?

Bye.
  • SergioMath, MatthewH, PNutterSammich and 3 others like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

It was really necessary to berate other players for choosing to not go "through the motions"?

What if someone has no friends? What if someone has friends, but said friends don't have those OP vehicles to defend you? What if they do have them, but don't have the skill to use them to their full potential? What if you simply don't like PvP? What if you do like PvP, but not on the deplorable state that it is at the moment? What if you want to enjoy the new content with your friends or crewmates without interference, aka, turning it into PvE? What if I just want to grind and increase that green number on the top right of my screen because reasons?

Not everyone likes to go "through the motions" and that's just fine, there's no need to go dissing around said choice that the players make and want.

Also, no offense, but as some people already said, the only reason why everyone and their mother is notified (or invited or whatever) to wreck your sh*t up is to make making money as hard as possible because Shrek Cards, there's no other reason, if R* really wanted to make it "challenging" they would balance the game and invite players to steal, not destroy your sh*t for a petty reward.

The rest of the post is good, I recognize, kudos for that.
  • B Dawg, S5L3T0, Tlaneloli and 14 others like this

Killer Whale
  • Killer Whale

I used to have a negative article as my name.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

That's not too much of a problem for me. I have friends who help me sell on public lobbies.

Public solo lobbies.

• S5L3T0, J-Scott-D and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Protip: Go to FREEAIM and befriend as many biker club members as possible. Every lobby you drop into should be packed and have rival Motorcycle clubs constantly attacking one another. Deliver. Profit. Repeat.

• Forza Harrd likes this

No Use For A Name
  • No Use For A Name

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

This. They only did it so its harder to earn money, so they sell more cashcards. And that seems to work just fine for them.

Again, find me even one player who has had a $2 million+ sale ruined and decided to buy a Shark Card to make up for it.

Literally everyone Ive spoken to has the same reaction - f*ck this game and f*ck everyone who plays it, Im done.
  • IamCourtney, El-Gaddafii, Killer Whale and 1 other like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

Ghost organization, memorize the amounts that only one sell vehicle will come.

Throw caution to wind, hit sell on any amount, find that most attacks occur from noobs, grief all noobs because most deserve it.
  • El-Gaddafii likes this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:08 PM Edited by sudon't, 10 February 2018 - 10:08 PM.

Just some minor nitpicking but

-I'm assuming your first sale was from the Paleto bay bunker, trade that crap and get a bunker closer to the city,like the Farmhouse, route 68 or Grand senora.

It makes sales and supply runs easier.

Also you never get 3 phantom wedges with a full bunker, you get 2.

Not my Bunker, but I, too, often just choose the cheapest property available. But really, no one minded the long trip.

I had to think about it a minute, but you’re right about the trucks though. I will edit that

• Forza Harrd likes this

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Surfer is life

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:16 PM Edited by zecanelao, 10 February 2018 - 10:18 PM.

Freemode is rough. It always has been. Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

The big point here is that the gameplay is unbalanced, then there are either glitchers or cheaters to make things even worse. That's one of the reasons people play in solo sessions, they're not stupid to play the game in the way Rockstar want us to play.
  • B Dawg, El-Gaddafii and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna keep doing it solo. Thanks for the novel though.

• S5L3T0, Halal Cyborg, THC and 4 others like this

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

because it’s always the solo players complaining about this game.

In my experience it's the opposite.

Pretty much all complaints I read on this forum is from freeroam warriors.

• ParsoOnFire likes this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

It was really necessary to berate other players for choosing to not go "through the motions"?

What if someone has no friends? What if someone has friends, but said friends don't have those OP vehicles to defend you? What if they do have them, but don't have the skill to use them to their full potential? What if you simply don't like PvP? What if you do like PvP, but not on the deplorable state that it is at the moment? What if you want to enjoy the new content with your friends or crewmates without interference, aka, turning it into PvE? What if I just want to grind and increase that green number on the top right of my screen because reasons?

Not everyone likes to go "through the motions" and that's just fine, there's no need to go dissing around said choice that the players make and want.

Also, no offense, but as some people already said, the only reason why everyone and their mother is notified (or invited or whatever) to wreck your sh*t up is to make making money as hard as possible because Shrek Cards, there's no other reason, if R* really wanted to make it "challenging" they would balance the game and invite players to steal, not destroy your sh*t for a petty reward.

The rest of the post is good, I recognize, kudos for that.

I “berated” them for just going through the motions, without playing the game. You can grab a football and run to the goal posts, but if there’s no one on the field to try and stop you, are you really playing football?

How many people are so socially stunted that they can’t make friends? Online, no less? You don’t even have to interact with them in person. But, to answer your many questions:

1.) make some friends

2.) play longer. I didn’t always own these vehicles. 

3.) when you do get them, learn to use them

4.) why, exactly, are you playing GTA? It’s like saying, “I love dodgeball, but I hate these douchebags who throw balls at me”.

5.) start an Invite Only or Friends Only session

6.) again, why are you playing GTA? What is the money for? Say a person is only into racing. They need the money to buy cars. Ok, but, why not just get a racing game in the first place? Everywhere else in the game, you’re getting shot at. Either by players, or NPCs, or both. You’re buying a lot of game just to race cars.

No offense taken. I don’t mind debating these things, but I understand why it gets some people’s hackles up. Sure, R* wants to sell Shark Cards, and that’s why they jacked up the prices. But if you’re willing to put in the effort, you don’t have to buy them. I certainly never have. People can play the way they like, of course, but my point is, if you play the game the way R* clearly intended it to be played, it’s a lot more fun, and more satisfying.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

III-Ari-III
  • III-Ari-III

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

It is true that to do businesses in free roam you need ppl to help you.. but with only 2 or 3 and they can even be randoms it's good enough.. if everything fails, you can always swap session, find new players and try again, no need for all your text to say this simple truth: get to know the game, take advantage of it's quirks, and you'll do your objective in no time.

CA42
  • CA42

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

Anytime someone asks for advice about selling in Freemode, people will inevitably come back with their tricks for getting an empty lobby, and they all seem to think they’re clever. To me, this seems like a joyless way to grind, basically going through the motions, and frankly, sad and pathetic. Why are you stacking up money if you don’t even want to play the game? Why are you even playing GTA? Yes, I’m being rhetorical. I’m really not interested in your rationalizations for trying to play a multi-player game solo. Believe me, I’ve heard them, because it’s always the solo players complaining about this game. Well, duh, it’s not a single-player game. 

For everyone else, if you want to get the most out of this game, if you want more from GTA than to make the number representing your imaginary bank account bigger, or to fill pixel garages with pixel vehicles, in short, if you’re here for the gameplay, you need to cultivate friends in the game. Everything you do in Online requires the assistance of others, even if only to have enough players to start a mission. This is especially true when trying to do business in Freemode. Freemode is rough. It always has been. That’s why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging. The reason “these douchebags” come along and destroy your supplies when you’re just “minding your own business” is because that’s what’s supposed to happen. Kid yourself all you want, but it is happening. This is the game.

This means you need to defend yourself, and defend your cargo, especially when doing the sale. For this, you need friends. Lots of them. The more friends you have, the more likely someone will be online when you are. As you play the game over months and years, eventually all these friends you've made will condense into a crew of regulars - people you like, and who you play with all the time. Solo players are easy to victimize in this game, but if you’re rolling with crew of a half-dozen players, not so much. This alone will give you a huge advantage over tryhards, because tryhards have no friends. You’ll be able to use vehicles that require more than one player to use to their full potential. And you won’t have to cower in empty lobbies.

If you don’t have enough friends, you’re not ready to do business in Freemode. If you can only muster the three or four drivers, the bare minimum number of players, you’re just ripe for the picking. Especially if you don’t have the sense to exit the vehicles and fight off an attack. Believe me, I see it all the time. They just keep driving as if, IDK, the attacker is going to go away. To do a successful sale, you need three or four drivers and some air-support. You need at least one good pilot in a Hydra who can take out anyone who approaches the convoy. The Hydra can hover, which makes it easy to stay near the much slower-moving convoy, and he can also strike out, and pick off anyone before they get close to the cargo. But, if everyone has different checkpoints, you need more, right? One guy can’t cover everybody, and he might even get shot down. I would never start a sale without at least six people. You also want to plan in advance, and make sure everyone understands their roles, and what to do if attacked. Look at the map before starting out. See what lies in your path, and whether you might want to reroute. Then have someone always watching the map. See what vehicles are on the map that might present a threat. Plan on taking them out. Pay attention when someone ghosts or goes off-radar. Assume they’re coming for you, and watch the sky.

Last night, there were eight of us in a full lobby. There were three enemy jets in the sky, (in GTA, if they’re not a friend, they are an enemy), and a guy griefing in a Deluxo. We were seeing a lot of kill notifications, so, all in all, a pretty aggro lobby. One of us needed to sell his bunker, so he got into Biker mode and sent us all an invite. In Biker mode, you can hire up to eight people, and players get paid more for sales, but the fact is, it’s not even necessary for all your friends to be in the organization to help. The real payoff is when you turn around and help them, not the chump change they get paid. 

They gave us two Phantom Wedges for the sale. We had one guy in a Hydra, two fully-manned Hunters, and the drivers for the Phantom Wedges. We started off from Paleto Bay, heading down to Elysian Island. We all just hovered over the convoy, minding our own business, singing Kumbaya, and no one bothered us.

No, that’s not what happened. We saw that one jet was flying around over Sandy Shores. He didn’t make a move to attack us, so we had to bring the fight to him. My friend in the Hydra broke off and went to take him down. Just as this happened, we saw an orange crew with two jets heading for us from the Airport. We gained some altitude in the Hunters and moved forward to meet them. We took them down near Fort Zancudo, so we left one Hunter behind to spawn-kill them for a while so they couldn’t get into another jet. Meanwhile, a Deluxo shows up on the edge of the map, heading our way. As my pilot kept him busy with Homing Missiles, I took him out with the explosive cannon. We kept moving, not minding our own business, but griefing everyone in our path, picking a fight with anyone and everyone within range. The Deluxo guy then comes back with his Oppressor, and we swat him down in that, too. The poor guy kept trying each vehicle in turn, but it wasn’t working out for him. As this is happening, the orange crew apparently got back to their hangar and got another jet. Our jet guy got on top of them, and managed to take both out. Then he spent some time griefing them on the ground around the Airport, in order to keep them out of their hangar.

When the sale was completed, we all got our little $30k bonuses, and then we really went to work griefing our erstwhile attackers. Later, another one of us needed to sell his coke and meth, so we all joined his organization. By now, we had plenty of pissed-off enemies in the lobby, so these two sales were just as fun as the first. Or, almost as fun. One was in boats, so we could only be attacked by air, so that was a pretty low-key affair. But had there been no air-support, they would’ve been easy targets. Any solo griefer could’ve come along and easily taken out the entire shipment.

My point is, no cargo was lost over three sales in a full lobby, and we were not making any attempt to keep our heads down. This is because we had enough players to keep everyone too busy to get to the actual cargo, and it was a blast doing it! To my mind, this is a lot more fun than just driving from point A to point B. If this sounds like fun to you, too, then work on building up your friends list. Don’t be too picky at first. Just look for decent people who use their mics. As I say, over time, the best ones shake out, and you’ll have a crew of solid friends. Nothing makes it easier to make money in this game than to have a group of reliable players to draw upon. Then, take turns helping each other out. You’ll find it’s a lot more fun than playing with yourself.

Cool story bro...

• bulldog385, PNutterSammich and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

spincther
  • spincther

The Asshole -RP- the Amateur YT Streamer

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:50 PM Edited by -RP-, 10 February 2018 - 11:02 PM.

You need friends for heists and that's it. 

Skimmed, not gonna read that wall. Guess if you suck you need others to help you for normal GTA stuff, but for the most part, can do things quite easily sometimes more easily by myself.

One of the main traits of a ALPHA male, is being able to entertain yourself with no one else needed. Look it up.

Also, I find that those who cant stand to be by themselves are actually the ones who are, "sad and pathetic".   

That or they just need a woman in their life so they can appreciate the times of actually being left alone lol  :lol:

• Chang, S5L3T0, bulldog385 and 2 others like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:11 PM

Thats why R* placed these businesses in Freemode - to make them challenging.

Again, find me even one player who has had a $2 million+ sale ruined and decided to buy a Shark Card to make up for it.

Literally everyone Ive spoken to has the same reaction - f*ck this game and f*ck everyone who plays it, Im done.

I cannot tell names but pretty much everybody who bought my modded accounts. And if they sold like hot cakes, so do shark cards. 

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • England

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:20 PM Edited by KWF1981, 10 February 2018 - 11:21 PM.

No.

You only need 3 with common interest in heist bonuses, play through all the CMM challenges, cash to get set up. Businesses are very manageable solo, regardless of session type.

To easy!.

Of course, it's nice to find like-minded folk and enjoy the game together, but it's not something everyone must do, lol.

• kenmy13999 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

I frequently sell in lobbies with between 10-20 people in them...of course we all help each other out and enjoy the high demand bonuses too.
The way you do it sounds crap m7.
  • Furry_Monkey and BionicMass2806 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

OP's talking like his way of playing should be the only way to play otherwise it's not fun

Yeah no I think I'll continue managing these businesses by myself

tenor.gif
  • hei3enberg, -KM-, Halal Cyborg and 4 others like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

Easier solution: join a friendly crew dedicated to sales. Enjoy.

• Jimbatron, -KM-, sudon't and 8 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users