64 replies to this topic
RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 days ago

Spoiler

It's not if it would work or not, Paris could possibly work. It's the simple fact R* have been pretty clear that GTA will always be set inside the United States.

Dan Houser himself on the possibility of GTA London

According to him "GTA is America".

• Official General likes this

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 4 days ago Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 4 days ago.

Does it have to be one or the other?

RDR technically had different countries - USA and Mexico.

I think its perfectly feasible for the next GTA to have an American city/state and a Latin American or a European one also. For one thing I feel it would freshen up the series without losing its original character.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago

Spoiler

It's not if it would work or not, Paris could possibly work. It's the simple fact R* have been pretty clear that GTA will always be set inside the United States.

I'm fine with that, but ever the same three towns will one day get boring and so will satirizing American culture and please don't say the future GTA should mock Donald Trump, hardly anything is more uninspired than that.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Spoiler

I'm fine with that, but ever the same three towns will one day get boring and so will satirizing American culture and please don't say the future GTA should mock Donald Trump, hardly anything is more uninspired than that.

Bro, they've not released another GTA since V yet, and it's been 5 years now. They have not yet done a modern HD VC, SF, LV, and they have not yet done Chicago or the Midwest. Given how long Rockstar take in between making different GTA titles, that "one day" you speak of will not be around for many decades from now. By then you'd probably be near your pension and already married with grown up kids. 

• Zello and RetroMystic like this

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 days ago

Spoiler

Bro, they've not released another GTA since V yet, and it's been 5 years now. They have not yet done a modern HD VC, SF, LV, and they have not yet done Chicago or the Midwest. Given how long Rockstar take in between making different GTA titles, that "one day" you speak of will not be around for many decades from now. By then you'd probably be near your pension and already married with grown up kids. 

I'm aware of that but I'm argumenting from an artistic and commercial point of view, what would work best (for an international audience) in my opinion - which might be totally wrong though. My personal preference would be rural America far away from any major city but I know this would not appeal to the masses and will therefore not happen.

Vice City with a lagre rural landscape, maybe some Cajun swamp rednecks (different state I know), would be OK for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users