Photo

GTA VI should be in Vice City

63 replies to this topic
CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Grove Street Families

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago Edited by CoolMods, A week ago.

Why? And no, not from the name, VIce City. 

Because GTA 5 in San Andreas, GTA 4 is in Liberty City so we still need one HD GTA in Vice City.

Sprunkadelic
  • Sprunkadelic

"Ecola Is Better"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Sprunkadelic, A week ago.

This is kinda beating the dead horse.

I already know the counter arguments, "Vice City is boring without the 80's" "Hurr Durr Not interesting"

I'd say, go for it. although i would prefer Las Venturas, I'd be fine with Vice City if done right with a pretty good story (and hopefully a better looking map since i kinda dislike the original VC map) 

• Official General, Brian_O_Malley and Wingate167 like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

This is like the most popular suggestion. I'm not sure how well Vice City will work without the 80's but we will see. 

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, A week ago.

While it would be interesting to see how Vice City would be in the HD universe, I thing the 'sunny beaches, tropical weather and filled with rich assholes while still being infested by gangs and cartels-city' has been taken by San Andreas in GTA V. For me it would be a "more of the same" type of deal, but I'd still like it.

• Journey_95 likes this

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I wouldn't mind Vice City because we've already done Liberty City and San Andreas in the HD universe. Some people will just have to let go that it won't be set in the 80's. It would be neat to see Vice City done for modern times with perhaps some easter eggs from the 2002 game.

• Official General likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Mark Chump

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Yeah I think most definitely 6 would be in vice city.
R* is too lazy to make a whole new city.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

No. Miami is boring as f*ck these days.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Vice city was chosen twice. I want LV for the next GTA. Chicago would be a great choice too.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Official General, A week ago.

This is kinda beating the dead horse.

I already know the counter arguments, "Vice City is boring without the 80's" "Hurr Durr Not interesting"

I'd say, go for it. although i would prefer Las Venturas, I'd be fine with Vice City if done right with a pretty good story (and hopefully a better looking map since i kinda dislike the original VC map) 

LOL  :lol:  ha ha indeed.....tell me about it bro !!

This is like the most popular suggestion. I'm not sure how well Vice City will work without the 80's but we will see. 

Like I said to you in another thread before, if Rockstar are on point and do it very well, of course it will work. It will work perfectly like any other critically successful GTA, just like the original VC itself. 

While it would be interesting to see how Vice City would be in the HD universe, I thing the 'sunny beaches, tropical weather and filled with rich assholes while still being infested by gangs and cartels-city' has been taken by San Andreas in GTA V. For me it would be a "more of the same" type of deal, but I'd still like it.

* Southern California is not a tropical region at all. South Florida indeed is. Both regions have sunny weather and nice beaches but that hardly makes them the same - even in that area they are very different. 

* Every major American city with worldwide iconic status has rich assholes, gangs and drug cartels, there is not one of them that does not have all of this stuff. 

* A bit premature to assume it would be more of the same at this point. I'm willing to bet you did not feel that Vice City felt anything like Los Santos in SA, and the former preceded the latter. The 80s setting difference is not an excuse either.

* Of course you should like it, any GTA fan would if it was done well, so at least you can state that.

I wouldn't mind Vice City because we've already done Liberty City and San Andreas in the HD universe. Some people will just have to let go that it won't be set in the 80's. It would be neat to see Vice City done for modern times with perhaps some easter eggs from the 2002 game.

Indeed, couldn't have been better said. While the 80s vibe of VC was one modern gaming's most golden and memorable experiences, it needs to be to put to rest when discussing another VC. Even then, another 80s VC won't guarantee it being such a great game. Modern day is the way forward for a new VC, it makes the most sense. 

If Miami is boring to you, then is speaks volumes of your social life, it must be lacking greatly !! Anyway I disagree mister.

I would prefer a modern day VC over anything right now, but I'd love to see a map expansion of SF and LV in V - but the chances of that happening are near zero. 

• slimeball supreme, Sprunkadelic and Shinola Gamer like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago Edited by Yinepi, A week ago.

We've all BTDT.

It is boring without the '80s. The 1980's drug trade is what made Vice City an interesting place to be. It felt unique in the GTA world simply because of that. If one takes out the 1980's time setting and put Vice City in the 2010's it'd be just another city with crime. Nothing special or unique.

But, biggest question, why does one assume it would be modern day? It's not like Rockstar is unable to do time pieces again. Most will agree the 3D era time pieces were Rockstar's best work.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

If one takes out the 1980's time setting and put Vice City in the 2010's it'd be just another city with crime. Nothing special or unique.

So what do you think LC in IV and LS in V were ? They were both set in modern day and they are simply cities with crime too. Did not stop people liking these games and praising them.

Not being funny, bro what on earth is your point ?? Right now, this comment of yours makes no sense whatsoever, nada

• Journey_95 and slimeball supreme like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Journey_95, A week ago.

We've all BTDT.

It is boring without the '80s. The 1980's drug trade is what made Vice City an interesting place to be. It felt unique in the GTA world simply because of that. If one takes out the 1980's time setting and put Vice City in the 2010's it'd be just another city with crime. Nothing special or unique.

But, biggest question, why does one assume it would be modern day? It's not like Rockstar is unable to do time pieces again. Most will agree the 3D era time pieces were Rockstar's best work.

I don't know if they would. SA is probably overall still the most popular GTA game (for some reason..) but GTA V was more popular than the other 3D Era games.

And it will likely be modern day because of a few reasons. First they have already done the 80's and 90's, there is no point to return there. Only the 70's are left (anything before that would be Mafia territory). Then we also have the internet and cellphone thats just really important in the HD Era GTA's and especially Online, doubt Rockstar will give that up. 

I agree that VC without 80's might be lacking but it all depends on the execution. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I want to see Vice City in 1989 as the 80s come to a close.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by jaljax, A week ago.

As much as we all would like to see Vice City in the 80's again i don't think it'll happen again in that time setting , but i do think it would be a great idea or even in the year 1979 up to 1980 would be great as well.

We all might be wrong someday though..  because it might happen , but at this time i don't see it happening because of the success of GTA Online.. & If it would happen then i think everyone that enjoyed the futuristic aspect's of GTA Online would criticize the time setting of the game being in the 80's & it not having those aspect's .

• Gtaman_92 likes this

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Gtaman_92, A week ago.

If Miami is boring to you, then is speaks volumes of your social life, it must be lacking greatly !! Anyway I disagree mister.

I would prefer a modern day VC over anything right now, but I'd love to see a map expansion of SF and LV in V - but the chances of that happening are near zero.
Nice little baseless assumption you got there but I have been to Miami many times with friends and I have family all over South Florida and outside of nightclubs and beaches Miami is very bland and lame, I know from 1st hand experience.

Have u ever actually been to Miami?

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted A week ago

How about a bigger map with different areas representing different eras? Vice City being "stuck" in 1970's etc,?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Nice little baseless assumption you got there but I have been to Miami many times with friends and I have family all over South Florida and outside of nightclubs and beaches Miami is very bland and lame, I know from 1st hand experience.

I was joking, but just because you think its personally boring in real life, it certainly don't make it boring for a GTA setting. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Zello, A week ago.

We all might be wrong someday though..  because it might happen , but at this time i don't see it happening because of the success of GTA Online.. & If it would happen then i think everyone that enjoyed the futuristic aspect's of GTA Online would criticize the time setting of the game being in the 80's & it not having those aspect's .

They could still set a game in the 80s and it wouldn't really impact online.

They could design the SP taking place in the 80s but design the online in present day. That would be more work though.

Another option could be that the online ignores the time period it takes place in I mean they already have jetpacks and a bunch of other sh*t that doesn't exist so I don't think online players care.
  • jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

They could still set a game in the 80s and it wouldn't really impact online.

They could design the SP taking place in the 80s but design the online in present day. That would be more work though.

Another option could be that the online ignores the time period it takes place in I mean they already have jetpacks and a bunch of other sh*t that doesn't exist so I don't think online players care.

Very interesting idea , but like you said it'd take a lot of work to pull that off.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I was joking, but just because you think its personally boring in real life, it certainly don't make it boring for a GTA setting.

I would rather have a new location that we never had before personally. If they do go back to Vice City then I'm ok with that. R* did a excellent job with recreating NY and LA and I have no doubt that a HD rendition of VC would be spectacular look wise.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago

If one takes out the 1980's time setting and put Vice City in the 2010's it'd be just another city with crime. Nothing special or unique.

So what do you think LC in IV and LS in V were ? They were both set in modern day and they are simply cities with crime too. Did not stop people liking these games and praising them.

Not being funny, bro what on earth is your point ?? Right now, this comment of yours makes no sense whatsoever, nada

Did you not read? I already said my point. It was literally two sentences before the one you quoted.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago

Who cares man? This is Vice City. not Miami itself. It's a fictional version of Miami, which means creative liberties can be taken and anything is possible.

If people would stop strongly thinking that a fictional city must be 100 percent accurate to a real city just because the fictional takes inspiration from the real city, then you'd understand where us "VC without 1980s is boring" crowd comes from in terms of thought.

Sprunkadelic
  • Sprunkadelic

"Ecola Is Better"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Sprunkadelic, A week ago.

Who cares man? This is Vice City. not Miami itself. It's a fictional version of Miami, which means creative liberties can be taken and anything is possible.

If people would stop strongly thinking that a fictional city must be 100 percent accurate to a real city just because the fictional takes inspiration from the real city, then you'd understand where us "VC without 1980s is boring" crowd comes from in terms of thought.

By that logic, if its Vice City and not a 100% recreation of Miami then maybe that "GRR MIAMI IN REAL LIFE IS BORING NOW" mindset shouldn't even exist.

For me, its the story that would make it interesting, i dont care if Miami doesn't have nearly as much crime as it used to, and personally Miami in the 80's is way more Been there done that than it would be in modern day, but nonetheless if they do decide to make it in the 1980's i'd shrug and just say "Okay, i guess that works, i'll play it"

Also the "Been there done that" personality bothers me because it wasn't a problem when they made V for example, they remade a 3d era map, and instead of making it a complete SA 2.0 like how a lot of people want a VC 2.0,they went with modern day and an entire different vibe overall in V. 

and guess what? 0 criticism out of anyone for that, V got backlash and dozens of criticism but almost none of it was BTDT.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Did you not read? I already said my point. It was literally two sentences before the one you quoted.

I read of all it, and I replied accordingly. All you stated was that Miami without the 80s drug trade in GTA is boring and that without that its just another city with crime, my point to you is that's exactly what IV and V were - they were not set in any kind of golden or memorable era, but people did not find those games boring. You're making these presumptions purely based on the fact that VC without the 80s would be boring, which is extremely premature. 

In other words you're logic is very flawed. 

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

I am Dr. Doom

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago

Why? And no, not from the name, VIce City. 

Because GTA 5 in San Andreas, GTA 4 is in Liberty City so we still need one HD GTA in Vice City.

w0OjGZa.gif
  • Official General and Shinola Gamer like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago Edited by Yinepi, A week ago.

By that logic, if its Vice City and not a 100% recreation of Miami then maybe that "GRR MIAMI IN REAL LIFE IS BORING NOW" mindset shouldn't even exist.

For me, its the story that would make it interesting, i dont care if Miami doesn't have nearly as much crime as it used to, and personally Miami in the 80's is way more Been there done that than it would be in modern day, but nonetheless if they do decide to make it in the 1980's i'd shrug and just say "Okay, i guess that works, i'll play it"

Also the "Been there done that" personality bothers me because it wasn't a problem when they made V for example, they remade a 3d era map, and instead of making it a complete SA 2.0 like how a lot of people want a VC 2.0,they went with modern day and an entire different vibe overall in V. 

and guess what? 0 criticism out of anyone for that, V got backlash and dozens of criticism but almost none of it was BTDT.

Indeed it shouldn't. I'm not a part of that group. Seemingly, I'm the only one segregating VC from real life Miami, and treating it as a unique entity. The V map comparison is irrelevant because we only have the 2D and 3D era maps we can used as reference point when conversing Vice City. From what I've seen of Vice City NOT Miami thus far is that the city is boring without the '80s time setting.

I never said VC in modern era would be BTDT. I said the topic of this thread was BTDT.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by MostWantedMVP, A week ago.

Vice City would be great, but it has to be Vice City in the 80's or 90's.

I think modern day has been overdone. Time for GTA to go back in time again, that's what made VC and San Andreas so great.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Vice City would be great, but it has to be Vice City in the 80's or 90's.

I think modern day has been overdone. Time for GTA to go back in time again, that's what made VC and San Andreas so great.

Going back to the same thing and doing what's already been done is the definitive example of overdone, so you've kind of contradicted yourself bro. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I mean't giving it a period piece.

It gives the game a complete different tone and like I said, I think that's why VC and SA were great because they weren't modern day. They were built on nostalgia which is what everyone loves these days.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I mean't giving it a period piece.

It gives the game a complete different tone and like I said, I think that's why VC and SA were great because they weren't modern day. They were built on nostalgia which is what everyone loves these days.

That's all nice and dandy, but it does not detract from the fact that you have clearly contradicted yourself. Makes no difference whether it's modern day or prehistoric times. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users