Quantcast

» «
Photo

2017 was the best year for GTA Online, Future Updates confirmed.

176 replies to this topic
DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted A week ago Edited by DevilDaRebel, A week ago.

What kind of morons are buying their stupid cash cards? I've never bought one and never will.

The same "morons" that never look at price tags because they don't need to. 

INB4: "I make a gabzillion a day, but I'll still never buy a KeskKurd."

Simply not true, some people just dont have the time to grind. I buy a megladon half off on the interwebs every big update. Also I can afford it because im not a scrub. 

Remember when we had free cheat codes and had a real choice to use them or not? Those who "didn't  have time" could simply enter cheat code  and get money instantly. Remembr why we have to grind in gta online in the first place. Its not "accident" that the game is this grindy. They want you to say this is boring and spend real money to skip the artificial grind they made. Ironic that buying fake currency with real money lets you skip the grind. $8,000,000 for $100 is bs. Should get $80 million if your paying $40 more than the base game costs.

lol the grind is the most fun part for me, it increases the longevity of the game. If I could just enter a cheat code online and buy everything  it would ruin it for me. I do agree the prices are steep I would never pay $100 even half off I dont like it very much. 

It's glad to see people looking at it from a different perspective. Especially considering we live in a time when everybody "deserves" everything handed to them the instant they "need" it. 

It's funny you say that, because if anyone who thinks they need anything instantly that comes out in the game, are the one who purchase Sharkcards to instantly receive their new toys and dont bother to at least grind or complain that they don't have time, instead of asking for better payout rates they keep contributing to the bullsh*t microtransaction system. Which is literally pay2win. smh. "entitled attitude." 

• LoneWulf and irish.chr like this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted A week ago

It's glad to see people looking at it from a different perspective. Especially considering we live in a time when everybody "deserves" everything handed to them the instant they "need" it.

It's funny you say that, because if anyone who thinks they need anything instantly that comes out in the game, are the one who purchase Sharkcards to instantly receive their new toys and dont bother to at least grind or complain that they don't have time, instead of asking for better payout rates they keep contributing to the bullsh*t microtransaction system. Which is literally pay2win. smh. "entitled attitude."

How do you "win" at GTA:O? I've never quite figured that one out.

• LoneWulf, BlanketGrinder and Smokewood like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

It was asked in another thread also and I don't think there was any clear answer to it but the orbital cannon was mentioned I think. I was a bit tired when I read it but was some funny reading, think it was in the 'why so much hate' thread

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Couple of things I'd like to say.

1. I've been playing GTA: Online since day 1 and I still love this game. I'm not crazy about every decision they've made (I'd definitely like to see more PvE content and less PvP) but on the whole I think R* has done a good job of giving the players stuff that's at least interesting to do. There are very few games that can hold my interest for this long. It really is a gift that keeps on giving, as far as I'm concerned.

2. The Doomsday Heist felt like "end-game" content to me. Like some others have said, it seemed like a big sendoff for GTA: Online, and aside from a few small updates it felt to me like this was going to be the last really big thing Rockstar did for GTA: Online before hitting RDR2 hard. I think the most we can expect from GTA: Online over the next year are additions and expansions on existing content (I/E part 2, Gunrunning part 2, etc)

3. I've bought a few shark cards here and there.  Why? Because I have a full time job with lots of mandatory overtime and I don't have the time I'd like to have to play this game constantly. (Anyone who's seen my posts around here has probably seen me bitch and moan about how much I work and how little time I have to play). So yeah, I'll get one now and then so I have operating capital. Maybe every few months or so and never more than $20 at a time.  If I didn't work 7 days a week for much of the year, I'd have more time to play and I wouldn't have any need or desire at all to buy in-game cash.

4. I have a female character and I really would like to see more, better clothing options. Near as I can tell my options essentially boil down to A: hipster trash, B: pampered socialite, C: thug life, or D: Army drop-out.

• Coranub, bulldog385, DentureDynamite and 1 other like this

LoneWulf
  • LoneWulf

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

What kind of morons are buying their stupid cash cards? I've never bought one and never will.

The same "morons" that never look at price tags because they don't need to. 

INB4: "I make a gabzillion a day, but I'll still never buy a KeskKurd."

Simply not true, some people just dont have the time to grind. I buy a megladon half off on the interwebs every big update. Also I can afford it because im not a scrub. 

Remember when we had free cheat codes and had a real choice to use them or not? Those who "didn't  have time" could simply enter cheat code  and get money instantly. Remembr why we have to grind in gta online in the first place. Its not "accident" that the game is this grindy. They want you to say this is boring and spend real money to skip the artificial grind they made. Ironic that buying fake currency with real money lets you skip the grind. $8,000,000 for $100 is bs. Should get $80 million if your paying $40 more than the base game costs.

lol the grind is the most fun part for me, it increases the longevity of the game. If I could just enter a cheat code online and buy everything  it would ruin it for me. I do agree the prices are steep I would never pay $100 even half off I dont like it very much. 

8 mill doesnt go to far in gta I mean yea if someone buys a few then I guess you could do that. Personally I just like to top up, like if I grind 10-20 mill ill buy a shark card as like a prize and just enjoy the game without grinding for a while. Plus let be honest, we probably would not be playing gta right now if people didnt buy shark cards, you gotta respect that. I feel like everyone should buy them once an a while, it keeps the game going. 

DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Okay, quite simple.  Both new players start the game, have nothing from scratch. Player 1, does not wish to spend real money, on fake money. So he grinds and because of the way the grind is set up on online, he will take quite a while to save up for his armaments like Helicopters, planes, and assault vehicles.... Now, player 2, does not mind spending real money in turn for fake money in online, so from day 1, he already bought himself lets say.... The bunker, he fast researched everything and unlocked all ammo types... He bought a helicopter already, as well as the oppressor... etc etc. This is how you win at online. It's not that different from any other game that allows you to quickly buy anything with real money and powerful things. Trust me, I grew up with f2p games, so I'm familiar with this type of business model.  

Also people, another little thing.. If you guys are complaining that you don't have time to grind because of real life, that only goes to show you how bad the grind in online is that pushes people to think about getting that shortcut, which will benefit them but will benefit Rockstar the most. Come on, this is a billion dollar company, it's cheeky business tactics. That fortifies my point about sharkcards and how it connects to the grind in this game. 

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Okay, quite simple.  Both new players start the game, have nothing from scratch. Player 1, does not wish to spend real money, on fake money. So he grinds and because of the way the grind is set up on online, he will take quite a while to save up for his armaments like Helicopters, planes, and assault vehicles.... Now, player 2, does not mind spending real money in turn for fake money in online, so from day 1, he already bought himself lets say.... The bunker, he fast researched everything and unlocked all ammo types... He bought a helicopter already, as well as the oppressor... etc etc. This is how you win at online. It's not that different from any other game that allows you to quickly buy anything with real money and powerful things. Trust me, I grew up with f2p games, so I'm familiar with this type of business model.  

Also people, another little thing.. If you guys are complaining that you don't have time to grind because of real life, that only goes to show you how bad the grind in online is that pushes people to think about getting that shortcut, which will benefit them but will benefit Rockstar the most. Come on, this is a billion dollar company, it's cheeky business tactics. That fortifies my point about sharkcards and how it connects to the grind in this game. 

You still didn't explain how player 2 won and player 1 lost.

I don't get it.

What exactly did player 2 win?

What exactly did player 1 lose?

• CaliMeatWagon likes this

Pete4000uk
  • Pete4000uk

Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Think, young kids who played this game when it first came out are now FIVE years older.

DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

I don't get it.

Okay, now you're either illiterate and can't understand main idea... or you're being thick headed for the sake of it.

Player 1 won new toys and ways to defend or attack in literally a split second.

while player 2 is still stuck without anything due to the immense grind that takes a while. 

this is literally, the formula of f2p games... You either suck up the grind, or pay to obtain things faster. 

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't get it.

Okay, now you're either illiterate and can't understand main idea... or you're being thick headed for the sake of it.

while player 2 is still stuck without anything due to the immense grind that takes a while. 

this is literally, the formula of f2p games... You either suck up the grind, or pay to obtain things faster. 

I disagree, and you still haven't explained how "getting everything now and not having to wait' = winning.

That = skipping ahead.

P2WIN would be if you paid real money to have this gun that 1shot kills everyone even with a shot to their foot, while it is impossible to get the same gun without paying real money.

There is a giant difference.

• CaliMeatWagon likes this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Is there going to be an end date or something where the player on that day with the most stuff wins?

How can it be pay to win when the only winning you can do is within the off-lobby adversary and race type games? I have relatively very little in GTAO, whereas my pal has every garage full of cars and over $100m GTA dollars. I am rank 757, he is rank 500. Who is winning therefore?

• Smokewood likes this

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

f*cking R*

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^ You're forgetting cargo-running. It is much, much easier for the wealthier player to win in a situation where cargo is being defended.

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

^ You're forgetting cargo-running. It is much, much easier for the wealthier player to win in a situation where cargo is being defended.

What does he win though? The fact is that he is only able to make wealth accumulation for himself somewhat easier. He hasn’t ascended over another player in anything to gauge a win. The game is a persistent open world experience, so there is no real end goal that everybody is striving toward to get such a win. When the game ultimately disappears, nobody will have won at it.
  • CaliMeatWagon and Smokewood like this

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

f*cking R*

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^ Just change the word 'win' with succeed or whatever then. Point is, it's unjustly hard for players to compete with wealthier players. Money trumps skill.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

What does he win though? The fact is that he is only able to make wealth accumulation for himself somewhat easier. He hasn’t ascended over another player in anything to gauge a win. The game is a persistent open world experience, so there is no real end goal that everybody is striving toward to get such a win. When the game ultimately disappears, nobody will have won at it.

I have learned that you cannot reason with these guys. All they see is "It cost money I don't want to spend so therefore it is pay to win!"

What the f*ck????

^ Just change the word 'win' with succeed or whatever then. Point is, it's unjustly hard for players to compete with wealthier players. Money trumps skill.

There you go, you see the light.

It isn't pay to win, it is pay to skip.

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

f*cking R*

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

But it may as well be pay to win because you get access to obscenely OP weapons. Whatever it is you're competing in, you've got the advantage, simply because you paid. Problem here is the advantage is too big. A broke player doesn't stand a chance against a Lazer for example. Or an explosive sniper or whatever.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

But it may as well be pay to win because you get access to obscenely OP weapons. Whatever it is you're competing in, you've got the advantage, simply because you paid. Problem here is the advantage is too big. A broke player doesn't stand a chance against a Lazer for example. Or an explosive sniper or whatever.

There you go confusing the issue...

You don't have the advantage against someone who grinded out the cash and bought the same thing. The only difference is time.

You paid and got it today.

I grinded and it took a week.

We are now at the same point.

No one won anything.

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

f*cking R*

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^ You shouldn't need to be rich to be competitive though. It's a long path to being able to afford good gear.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^  It's a long path to being able to afford good gear.

BS

Just play the game and the money will come.

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

f*cking R*

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's not BS. Good luck getting anything done with your broke-ass when there's a jet/tank/martymcfly/nuke/whatever on your tail.
  • Sanches likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by CaliMeatWagon, A week ago.

I think it is you that doesn't understand the main idea....

Your writing gives the impression that you think the only purpose in GTA:O is to kill other players. But that is a something you decided. What if I decided that this game is about collecting, customizing, and driving old American Muscle cars? What if I decided this game was about taking photographs? What if I decided the only thing worth doing was bicycle races? What if I decided that GTA:O is a PvE a game and a such I only do those types of activities? How do I "win" then? There is no winning. GTA:O is an open ended game with a wide variety of activities and no end-game/end-goal.
The only goals in the game are either mode based or self imposed. Rockstar hasn't forced anything on anybody. You are the one that decided you need "Weapon X" so you can be the "bestest" in Free-Mode PvP. You're the one that decided you need that $2M motorcycle because you want to race Customs. Every dollar you "need" in game is only because YOU decided YOU need to do "Activity Y" or YOU needed "Item X".

Now did you understand all of this, or are you too illiterate?
  • Smokewood likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

So what your saying is there is no way a completely broke, low level player could ever steal a Lazer from the Ft. Zancudo. And there is no way that the same Lazer could be used to blow up anybodies cargo, especially if the cargo is owned by an in-game Billionaire. That is really good to know.
  • daricusGTA likes this

DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

I think it is you that doesn't understand the main idea....

Your writing gives the impression that you think the only purpose in GTA:O is to kill other players. But that is a something you decided. What if I decided that this game is about collecting, customizing, and driving old American Muscle cars? What if I decided this game was about taking photographs? What if I decided the only thing worth doing was bicycle races? What if I decided that GTA:O is a PvE a game and a such I only do those types of activities? How do I "win" then? There is no winning. GTA:O is an open ended game with a wide variety of activities and no end-game/end-goal.
The only goals in the game are either mode based or self imposed. Rockstar hasn't forced anything on anybody. You are the one that decided you need "Weapon X" so you can be the "bestest" in Free-Mode PvP. You're the one that decided you need that $2M motorcycle because you want to race Customs. Every dollar you "need" in game is only because YOU decided YOU need to do "Activity Y" or YOU needed "Item X".

Now did you understand all of this, or are you too illiterate?

Yo, you don't understand that to do anything in this game you need money? You're too f*cking petty that you wanna come off in technicalities. If player 1, has access to better weapons than player 2, he's f*cking winning. Period.caseclosed. are you that thick? If player 1 has money to buy any car, hes winning as a collector too, because guess what? the point of a collector is to collect all the cars, right? at least the ones he wants. But now if player 2 is a collector and has no money, he's collecting dust. Now for your point of photography, who the f*ck plays the game just to do that? Anyways, let me follow your little train of thought on that glass railroad of points you got, I'm  pretty sure if you like taking picture of things, you'll want to take them of your cars, or clothes, or little fun toys right? no one goes around photographing NPC cars... guess what you need to get said clothes or cars? That's f*cking right, the whole point of this game is to make money and be rich. If player 1 has money and player 2 doesn't whos winning? I'm not even reading what you're going to write... you just wanna come of being right in technicalities.. you pay money for luxuries a broke player wont have. you could stretch the definition of pay2win... but if you're paying 2 gets something, especially with real money... guess what you're doing? paying to win. like wtf? how do i have to explain this?  Look, the bunker research weapon... Broke player will wait forever or hope to get lucky to get OP explosive ammo... while player willing to spend real money will literally skip through all of that to obtain said OP ammo quicker, thus making him win by having said OP ammo quicker than other players. You're PAYING to WIN. or if you wanna call it pay2skip, you're skipping to the item you want faster to gain an advantage or edge on whatever item you're seeking. literally, to win. weather it's an OP weapon, Ammo type, or fastest new car or deadliest new vehicle, you're going to have an advantage or edge over the other players to help you win. weather it's PVP, race, or car collector. Like I just used the PvP sense to further prove and explain my point... and then you want to argue that the game is not just about PvP, like wtf bro? lmao.  By your logic this game has golf and tennis in it so it's a sports game... it's def not a game that revolves around owning cars and shooting things up. Right? money doesn't affect your performance in tennis or arm wrestling. so theres no pay2win elements in this game. just like you said right? as long as it doesn't fit my "definition" or when it doesn't "help my argument". So because the photographer doesn't have to deal with pay2win elements, it means that it doesn't exist in a way in the PvP community of the game, or the racing one. Wow, way to be a hypocrite lmfao. 

• irish.chr likes this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Future *public session* updates confirmed.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago

2017 was a huge let down for me. Completely lost interest in missions and pvp before gunrunning came out. I have been mostly chilling since.

• Sanches and septimoose like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Big Molio, A week ago.

Yo, you don't understand that to do anything in this game you need money? You're too f*cking petty that you wanna come off in technicalities. If player 1, has access to better weapons than player 2, he's f*cking winning. Period.caseclosed. are you that thick? If player 1 has money to buy any car, hes winning as a collector too, because guess what? the point of a collector is to collect all the cars, right? at least the ones he wants. But now if player 2 is a collector and has no money, he's collecting dust. Now for your point of photography, who the f*ck plays the game just to do that? Anyways, let me follow your little train of thought on that glass railroad of points you got, I'm  pretty sure if you like taking picture of things, you'll want to take them of your cars, or clothes, or little fun toys right? no one goes around photographing NPC cars... guess what you need to get said clothes or cars? That's f*cking right, the whole point of this game is to make money and be rich. If player 1 has money and player 2 doesn't whos winning?

I've snipped your little rant and appreciate that it wasn't aimed at me, but I agree with the poster you quoted. And I'm not thick.

You can't define winning in this game because it is many things to many people. It is persistent open world that has countless facets of play that you can take advantage of. That isn't squabbling on technicalities pal, it is a simple fact.

You can't even acknowledge that some people do enjoy the video making and photography opportunities in GTAO above the other ways to play. Does that mean they aren't winning?

The whole point of this game is to make money and be rich? Who says so? You? 

What about the players who play for role play, or play to do car meets, or even the tryhard culture club who exist only to maintain their K/D? Are none of them winning? Is that because you have defined what it means to win in this game?

I often don't have more than a few hundred thousand GTA dollars at any given time, and I've been playing for nigh on five years. Does that mean I'm not winning? 

You haven't a clue what you're on about mate.

• CaliMeatWagon, KWF1981 and Smokewood like this

DevilDaRebel
  • DevilDaRebel

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 6 days ago Edited by DevilDaRebel, 6 days ago.

Yo, you don't understand that to do anything in this game you need money? You're too f*cking petty that you wanna come off in technicalities. If player 1, has access to better weapons than player 2, he's f*cking winning. Period.caseclosed. are you that thick? If player 1 has money to buy any car, hes winning as a collector too, because guess what? the point of a collector is to collect all the cars, right? at least the ones he wants. But now if player 2 is a collector and has no money, he's collecting dust. Now for your point of photography, who the f*ck plays the game just to do that? Anyways, let me follow your little train of thought on that glass railroad of points you got, I'm  pretty sure if you like taking picture of things, you'll want to take them of your cars, or clothes, or little fun toys right? no one goes around photographing NPC cars... guess what you need to get said clothes or cars? That's f*cking right, the whole point of this game is to make money and be rich. If player 1 has money and player 2 doesn't whos winning?

I've snipped your little rant and appreciate that it wasn't aimed at me, but I agree with the poster you quoted. And I'm not thick.

You can't define winning in this game because it is many things to many people. It is persistent open world that has countless facets of play that you can take advantage of. That isn't squabbling on technicalities pal, it is a simple fact.

You can't even acknowledge that some people do enjoy the video making and photography opportunities in GTAO above the other ways to play. Does that mean they aren't winning?

The whole point of this game is to make money and be rich? Who says so? You? 

What about the players who play for role play, or play to do car meets, or even the tryhard culture club who exist only to maintain their K/D? Are none of them winning? Is that because you have defined what it means to win in this game?

I often don't have more than a few hundred thousand GTA dollars at any given time, and I've been playing for nigh on five years. Does that mean I'm not winning? 

You haven't a clue what you're on about mate.

I don't say that the only thing to do in this game is to be rich and thats it. IF you were to at least, read my little "rant" you could see that I acknowledged that there are many things to do in this game, I mean that one of the most focus aspect of the  game is money making. I'm just saying that if you're paying for an advantage weather it's money, or anything... I think that fits in the definition of pay2win. It's not exactly that it means it's to just win. But you're winning an advantage in what ever you purchased in a microtransaction. Also, what makes me think that this game is mostly you know... designed around money, it's that the fact that it's GTA. And you know, GTA 5, where sharkcards exist to just solely increase you know... your "money." Dont get me wrong dont think that I mean that the only way to have fun in this game or "win" or "succeed" is by earning money or PvP.I enjoy every little detail in this game.  It's GTA after all. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users