Quantcast

» «
Photo

2017 was the best year for GTA Online, Future Updates confirmed.

176 replies to this topic
Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Would be great if they focus on gameplay pve and/or contact missions, tell me a story damn it! :(

Uhhh they just did two months ago

More stories plz Rockstar!!
  • Mrs. Buzz, KWF1981 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

Would be great if they focus on gameplay pve and/or contact missions, tell me a story damn it! :(

Uhhh they just did two months ago

More stories plz Rockstar!!
x3tzymW.gif
gPLAuXq.gif
WKvPHyy.gif
  • gtafan26, Rafae, R3CON and 3 others like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

FK sake we're in our FIFTH year of GTA Online, would it be TOO much to ask for a map expansion this summer? I think NOT.

Man idk how much more I can take of Los Santos and Blaine County. It's way past done my head in.

i just hope they add stuff to do in LC.

Like all new missions and heists for instance.

I don't want Liberty City to end up a mindless deathmatch spot.... again

• Rafae, xDatxJunkyx and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Of course they'd add new stuff to do if they add a new map wtf lol
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

This is Pequod

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

^ They weren't just porting the LC map, they were re-creating it too, to match modern standards
  • Rafae and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

^ They weren't just porting the LC map, they were re-creating it too, to match modern standards

Yep

I wish they'd had thought about completing it all smh
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

R* be like:

4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731

For me, as long as there's more PvE content instead of more PvP garbo, I'm fine.

Also, a Comet Classic could be nice, plz thx bye
  • psymin, Rafae, SaveTheZombies and 5 others like this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:06 PM

Great, now what's the chances they will fix the game breaking glitch in story-mode where no more missions appear on the map and leaves you stranded with no way to progress the story???

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:07 PM

R* be like:

4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731

For me, as long as there's more PvE content instead of more PvP garbo, I'm fine.

Also, a Comet Classic could be nice, plz thx bye

That picture is so spot on lmaooo

Basically what they've doing since I/E dropped. Everything afterwards just felt like filler or they were trying too hard to please everyone.
  • gtafan26, R3CON, KWF1981 and 2 others like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:19 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 08 February 2018 - 06:20 PM.

Please Rockstar, if anyone from over there is reading, which we all know you guys do now and then.. PLEASE, SOME NEW INNOVATION. JUST. SOMETHING.NEW.FRESH.PLEASE.

I would add to that:

"...and if you must regurgitate something, please make it the good 'ol Armored Cars/Vans and the Special Crate Drops."

Remembering seriously good times.

• DevilDaRebel, bulldog385, Voodoo-Hendrix and 2 others like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

You know I wouldnt mind for a gtao story mode. It would work like this:

5-10 missions for Lamar, Simeon and Gerald.
4-8 for Ron/Trevor, Lester and Madrazo.

The missions payout would be around 20-40k on hard with a special mission being 60-200k for Lamar, Simeon and Gerald and 100-500k for Ron/Trevor, Lester and Madrazo.

Chances are wed probably just get adversaries for the rest of the year or some reused content.
  • DentureDynamite likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

The missions payout would be around 20-40k on hard with a special mission being 60-200k for Lamar, Simeon and Gerald and 100-500k for Ron/Trevor, Lester and Madrazo.

Chances are wed probably just get adversaries for the rest of the year or some reused content.

That's just more contact missions not an actual story lol

We need more Heists and in Liberty City
  • LokDog, R3CON and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:27 PM

Why LC?  I would rather them expand the current map with SF and LV.

• AUScowboy likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:27 PM Edited by Voodoo-Hendrix, 08 February 2018 - 06:35 PM.

If we got both LC and more Heists, we need a Bank of Liberty Heist, aka, Three Leaf Clover 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Why LC?  I would rather them expand the current map with SF and LV.

Because unlike SF and LV, an LC map is already made, it would only need some tweaks and improvements to modernize it to today's standards.

Keep in mind that R* makes a great job in designing a city from the ground up, with lots of research about various aspects of the real life counterpart, like NY and LA.
  • bulldog385, LokDog and R3CON like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:54 PM Edited by Nick1020, 08 February 2018 - 06:55 PM.

I think youd miss the story mode part. And to a degree Heist are just glorified contact missions. I thought it be cool to revisit the old contacts we grinded hundreds of times before Heist, CEO work etc

Edit: whats with pronunciation not showing up properly?

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

^ As long as there's some sort of overarching context to the missions I'd be fine with it. I don't want just more contact missions for the hell of it, give me something like the Lamar missions in the Lowriders update.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Of course it was they released the 3 most expensive updates in a row.
  • R3CON and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

What kind of morons are buying their stupid cash cards? I've never bought one and never will.

Its not like everyone has the time it to grind their life away to buy some virtual cars. Instead they rather spend some real earned money and have fun right away until they find out the car sucks. No reason to be disrespectful.

Some take a gamble and try to buy a modded account without getting ripped off. Some get ripped off, some get lucky. Last month for example i sold all my modded accounts at a total value of $1600 'excluding small ebay fees and paypal costs which i had to pay' 

I sold them just in time before new money glitches arived, and just when the price peaked because of people wanting to buy DLC. Just for the heck of it as all but one customer where happy campers some of them very social while i made the sell so i know a bit of them, this kind of people bought my accounts:

A car painter with no time to grind, but who likes to play this game with everything possible

A guy bought his son and himself an account so they could play together for FUN, not having to bore themself to death by grinding or buying shark cards

Another one was a big ebayer who also didn't have time to grind his life way

These and a couple more are now happy billionairs with about 70+ North Yankton, worn rgb 3d color special modded vehicles.

A random basement dweller who tried to rip me off, who got it sideways from me leaving him with nothing. And i mean nothing as in nothing. He f*cked up real good.

My point is,different people have different priorities. I always glitch my way up. How? Well i am a self-employed person, so when i see a glitch pop up, i make some time free to glitch millions and be set for who knows how long. Glitches that most of the time are up for like hours before they are patched, days if you are lucky.

Now if i had a 9-17:00 job, or more hours in a company, i would miss those glitches and not have time to grind my life away because i also workout 1.5 hours a day to stay in good shape. Now imagine having a family to feed/take care of along with that So i if i wanted any fun in this game i would have to have bought shark cards.

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

It always seemed crazy to me for R* to not add the GTA IV Liberty City map to Online, considering Online is their new darling and LC is an important city in the GTA universe.  And it may be 15 years before we see an all new GTA game based in LC, and by that time GTA Online will probably not exist and something new will have replaced it.  

But maybe GTA 6 will start off in Liberty City, using the GTA IV map, and the protagonist(s) will get in trouble and have to escape to whatever city the new map will be.  That would be one way to add the current Liberty City map to GTA Online.  

• SaveTheZombies and LokDog like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

It always seemed crazy to me for R* to not add the GTA IV Liberty City map to Online, considering Online is their new darling and LC is an important city in the GTA universe.  And it may be 15 years before we see an all new GTA game based in LC, and by that time GTA Online will probably not exist and something new will have replaced it.  

But maybe GTA 6 will start off in Liberty City, using the GTA IV map, and the protagonist(s) will get in trouble and have to escape to whatever city the new map will be.  That would be one way to add the current Liberty City map to GTA Online.  

If the next GTA uses the same physics and damage models of this game, then count me out. It will be boring even before release.

• R3CON likes this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

More Give Cars to Friends?
Excellent.
  • psymin likes this

Pequod_
  • Pequod_

This is Pequod

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

To add, re-creating LC (which is what R* seemingly wanted to do) is not a cheap or simple effort, from the leaks it looked like they wanted to remake at least 3/4 of the map (in the leak you can see they made new fences, new trees, terrain etc.). Also they might have wanted to remodel every NPC and remake every car from LC, with interiors.

On top of all that they probably would've needed to add something to do as well- they could just adapt the businesses we have already, but some stuff wouldn't even make much sense in LC (smuggling and gunrunning), plus it's a lot of effort to make all those source/steal/sell missions again. If they were gonna make all-new businesses, that would just be another pain in the ass. Of course though, they could just port the old map as some players want, but not enough people will enjoy that to make it worth it, and simply porting an old map doesn't fit R*'s standard of quality anyway.

• DentureDynamite and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Pleased to hear that the DD Heist update has done well commercially. R* will doubtless follow the money so hopefully will do this sort of stuff more often in the future - I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this DLC.

Not sure we'll get something as big as Doomsday before RDR2 comes out - that would be a big ask. But hopefully it will set their direction more for the long term with both franchises.

• AUScowboy, LoneWulf, Mrs. Buzz and 2 others like this

TyrionV
  • TyrionV

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Probably been working on a map expansion for the last year or so.

I’d expect to see it this year at some point.
  • Rafae likes this

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:21 PM Edited by dead goon, 08 February 2018 - 09:21 PM.

Good for them. They've made an outstanding product.

• Rafae, MisFit-138, daricusGTA and 1 other like this

xDatxJunkyx
  • xDatxJunkyx

Li'l G Loc

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

More clothes please . . . non-tactical preferably ;)

• R3CON, BlanketGrinder and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:11 PM Edited by Dr.Rosenthal, 08 February 2018 - 10:12 PM.

I don't often request map expansions, and in all honesty I'm a little sceptic to those who do. Making an expansion would require an awful lot of work, even if they're using LC as a template, they'd still have to expand it to make it feel fresh. Knowing how meticulous these people are when it comes to atmosphere, they'd never release a half-assed map expansion. I think it's for this very reason they're not doing anything with North Yankton, because the map is just not suitable or holds the required standard. Some players might be like "We don't care, there's snow there that'll keep us happy." but I think any sensible gamer as well as R* knows that releasing that part of the world would only raise a sh*t-storm of complaints further down the line.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if R* isn't working on a map expansion for GTAO. Everybody wants it. Even R* themselves mentioned wanting GTAO to take place in several cities and let the player travel between them.

It's great news that the series is doing so well after so many years! And honestly I'm very impressed by Dec 2017 having the largest amount of Online players since GTAV's launch in Oct 2013. Also I'm thinking I wasn't entirely off when I thought all the connection issues around New Year reminded an awful lot about the 2013 launch and the overburdened servers.

Well. 

• Jimbatron and Rafae like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:14 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 08 February 2018 - 10:14 PM.

I would love to see that, and hate to be a wet blanket, but it felt to me like the DD Heist update was planned to be the big send off for GTA V's Online, with anticipation focus would shift to RDR2 in April. With it now being delayed to October, they'll want to fill the gap with some stuff. Will that be time for a map expansion? I really hope I'm wrong, but sorry, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

• Mrs. Buzz likes this

TyrionV
  • TyrionV

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

With 90m potential customers willing to pay for a map extension you can bet your house on R* delivering.
  • Rafae and Jenkiiii like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:35 PM

I would love to see that, and hate to be a wet blanket, but it felt to me like the DD Heist update was planned to be the big send off for GTA V's Online, with anticipation focus would shift to RDR2 in April. With it now being delayed to October, they'll want to fill the gap with some stuff. Will that be time for a map expansion? I really hope I'm wrong, but sorry, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

There more than likely will be one major update for Online in the summer before they start heavily marketing RDR2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users