Photo

Random Events in GTA VI

14 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Journey_95, 2 weeks ago.

GTA V had some typical one's (same old robberies) but there were also some interesting/fun stories (the girl who was being kidnapped by the Lost, the guy who had a crazy bachelor party, the daughter of a rat being almost buried alive etc.) there and I definitely preferred them over the tedious Strangers & Freaks missions.

How would you like for Rockstar to expand on Random Events in VI?

• jaljax likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Gang wars that aren't started by you and in fact don't even have to involve you at all. In Watch Dogs 2 I often found myself stopping to observe a gang war without participating in it, and it's one of the big things that made the city feel alive. In GTA V those just don't happen, so if you don't make yourself an epicenter of gun fire, nothing happens. Watch Dogs 2 even had cops arrest people that aren't you, which GTA V did very rarely. Hell, watch dogs 2 even had sending gangsters in to do your fights for you as a mechanic if you decided to unlock it. But let's just say that in GTA 6, gang wars that don't involve you would be enough.

One thing I would like for random events in general is for them not to automatically involve you as well. I don't want to be going somewhere or hanging out somewhere and have some sh*t pop up on my radar and an objective pop up on my screen as though it's my responsibility to deal with every random purse snatcher on the streets of wherever GTA 6 is set.

• SchizNitz, RedDagger and Yinepi like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

To be honest I’d rather they just be scrapped all together. Even in RDR after a few playthroughs seeing the same situation being played out over and over again just got old.

I get they’re added to make the game world feel more alive, but as a consequence it also makes it far too predictable and scripted especially if you play through the game a few times.

I’d rather see proper random encounters come back like car jackings, muggers etc that can happen at any moment either to us or other peds.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Would be welcome if they were much much more rare than they are in V. I think Rockstar tried to make them into something quite special, but they are so repetitive they became boring. Sure, one-time missions, like the girl who tries to ambush you or the bride asking for a ride might spawn more frequently, but things like robberies should have a 10% chance of spawning, as it becomes very old seeing the same guy stealing the same purse from the same lady for the third time.

Another thing would be to make them more... y'know... random. They spawn in fixed locations on the map and they are mostly programmed. Would be interesting if either a place for them randomly selected an event from a pool to spawn there, as once again, would make them less repetitive.

• SchizNitz likes this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Would be welcome if they were much much more rare than they are in V. I think Rockstar tried to make them into something quite special, but they are so repetitive they became boring. Sure, one-time missions, like the girl who tries to ambush you or the bride asking for a ride might spawn more frequently, but things like robberies should have a 10% chance of spawning, as it becomes very old seeing the same guy stealing the same purse from the same lady for the third time.

Another thing would be to make them more... y'know... random. They spawn in fixed locations on the map and they are mostly programmed. Would be interesting if either a place for them randomly selected an event from a pool to spawn there, as once again, would make them less repetitive.

I agree. They needed far more variation and as you said, the scripted ones are the only events that feel decent. The actual randomised (not really randomised due to fixed spawns and such) are just redundant. Especially post-campaign. I have billions of dollars, why would I help some guy get his wallet back for a measly $200 or less? Same thing with Securicars, at a certain point I just ignore them yet I get pestered with having to listen to the same repetitive dialogue each time I drive past certain locations. The non-scripted random events just need more flavour, I honestly can't come up with anything of the top of my head that would be any good as a random event but I'm sure the talen over at R* North could fix up something great. If they can't then just scrap the mechanic entirely and focus on Strangers & Freaks.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think we shouldn't have random events, or rather more specifically have them, but don't call them random events and don't make them seem more as a random event that you can participate in, but rather as some cool thing that happens in the world.

The best example I can think of is probably a music festival. Imagine a beach that's usually empty, but then one day you turn on the in game radio and hear about said big music festival going on, and you go there and it is actually happening. This big ass stage that appeared out of nowhere, people dancing around it and streets filled to the brim with parked cars.

Or even gang warfare that's sort of invisible? I think I've made my position on this clear in some other thread, but basically the gist is that GTA V had this gang culture in South LS but never bothered to use it. If for some reason a gang war happens randomly, it should shake up the nature of the city: perhaps one gang increases their territory over another gang? sh*t like that.

What would also be cool is to see some heavy traffic. In GTA V, sometimes when you switched to a character they would spawn in gridlock traffic. That should just happen randomly sometimes. Especially around rush-hour. Sure it would get annoying, but it's certainly better than having empty streets with 5 cars on them. (Imagine Liberty City like that...oh god)

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I prefer more story missions instead of random events.

Watching same stupid woman got her wallet stolen at least 10 time during a story campaign run gets pretty boring.
  • Lioshenka likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd prefer if "random" events were actually random.In GTA SA for example,you had rival gang members getting into random shootouts on the borders of their turfs, thugs stealing cars from both other NPCs and from the protagonist, two road raging NPCs brawling in the middle of the street after a car crash, cops randomly chasing criminals...That stuff actually was random,the stuff from GTA 5 is scripted.

• anthony likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 2 weeks ago.

I'd prefer if "random" events were actually random.In GTA SA for example,you had rival gang members getting into random shootouts on the borders of their turfs, thugs stealing cars from both other NPCs and from the protagonist, two road raging NPCs brawling in the middle of the street after a car crash, cops randomly chasing criminals...That stuff actually was random,the stuff from GTA 5 is scripted.

I agree and this is what I expect; this is actually 'random' events..based on their spawn, personality and relationship between each others..not on a bunch of scripts. Vice City is actually pretty good for that too.

• GTA-Biker likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

If the setting is in Vice City, then I'd love to see a random event parodying Bait Bus, which is set in Miami. The protagonist bumps into the crew in the street, and they hire him as a driver because the previous one quit. And the rest is history.
  • jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would like to see something realistic like for a example

1) Closed road's after a accident or construction

2) Constructing building's & by the time of the end of the game they are complete

3) Season changing

4) Shark attack's near the beaches

5) Drunk Pedestrians 

6) Stranded car's on the side of the road & the AI need help with a repair

7) Help cop's take down their suspect (similar to the $50 for good citizen from Vice City)

• Lioshenka and Journey_95 like this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 2 weeks ago

Watching same stupid woman got her wallet stolen at least 10 time during a story campaign run gets pretty boring.

I never got that too. Why is it always the same woman?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

There are quite a few that have a story though. Its no all same old wallet stealing etc.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

There are quite a few that have a story though. Its no all same old wallet stealing etc.

Yeah some of them even end up becoming useful. Like when you find Tatiana and you get her as an experienced 5% cut driver.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago

I never got that too. Why is it always the same woman?

Damsel in distress parody probably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users