Quantcast

» «
Photo

MOTW #94

102 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Which mission is the best?

1. Rebirth (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Engine Wars (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Brian Johnson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Climbing Mount Chiliad (10 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

5. Storming the Farm (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:51 PM Edited by CrisPK, 10 February 2018 - 04:52 PM.

The Half-Blood Prince, it Really is a single mission theoretically. And as I told you before it is still intended to be a SINGLE MISSION but dyom is very restrictive on how large the mission can be. Add to that how... odd the theme is. Making a 100 objective mission with less than 100 actors is impossible for me because I try my hardest to make the missions large scale, and make the cutscenes fluid and smooth by hiding and showing actors depending on the movement of the characters.

However, since this theme restricts the designer instead of making him more creative in making the mission (which I tried to do) then I resorted to splitting the SINGLE MISSION into two halves of the same mission. buuuuuut ya know, according to the rules downgrading the mission (by cutting some of the actors in it) is better than going just a tiny bit off limits with it.

So what I'm asking is for you to review the vague rules and look at it from another perspective: The last mission of GTA San Andreas End of the Line. Now, that is a single mission right? Well technically it is three missions but they play immediately after each other due to technical issues that come with making a mission that big.

You can look at my entry the same way, it is a single mission but just split into two parts. Firstly, because of the obvious limitation on the number of actors. And secondly, because it also serves as a checkpoint because my mission is long, and failing near the end is very frustrating so the player can just restart the mission from the second half of it.

-Thank you.

In some ways you are right, in some not but overall this would be unfair for others. For example:  you're using more than 100 actors in one mission, which means you have more possibilities than designer that can use only 100. COTW MOTW has it's own rules and designer have to adjust his mission them. Limits f*cked up my mission too and I need to make some tweaks to make it work. ^^

• Nuddle King likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:54 PM Edited by xghostx, 10 February 2018 - 04:58 PM.

Better late than never:

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Isa1l_FquS-pFzXdmESOkybMIDUeIJeQ

This mission have sound pack that contain background music and even dialogues which is very important so please take your time to install the sounds.

Dyom website mission link:

Screenshot:

Spoiler

• Nuddle King likes this

omigawail
  • omigawail

Player Hater

• Members
  • Algeria

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

I might play it and give you a feedback, as well as other designers here, but I can't change the main rule of the contest. It's written there, so it's not up to me this time. You can still compress this in a single mission, you have 3 hours to do so. If you didn't manage somehow, you will be able to send your entry until the end of the day but the voting will start without your entry. Once you finish and send it, if everything fits the theme, your mission will be added as an entry after the voting has started.

That's unfortunate, but thanks anyways. I'm not gonna join this time but I'll try to vote and rate all the entries.

Cptmyname
  • Cptmyname

Nothing.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Wait a minute. You can submit any one part of that, if it does have 100 objectives. And then, you can make other parts without participating in DYOM.

omigawail
  • omigawail

Player Hater

• Members
  • Algeria

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

The first part has 70 objectives while the second has 30 objectives, the reason I split it is because the first part reached 100 actors which is the limit for DYOM, I can't add 30 more objectives without using any actors so I just continued the mission in another save file.

MartZ2
  • MartZ2

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:16 PM

The first part has 70 objectives while the second has 30 objectives, the reason I split it is because the first part reached 100 actors which is the limit for DYOM, I can't add 30 more objectives without using any actors so I just continued the mission in another save file.

See, there's a reason why the contest is how it is. Hundreds of missions have been made that fit 100 objectives without any problems, and now you come here trying to break up the system. I don't want to sound harsh, but the problem is on your end this time. The contest has been going on for years exactly how it is today and everyone was fine with it. I understand the effort put into your work, but you should just accept that your entry is invalid, take a lesson out of it and move on.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Better late than never:

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Isa1l_FquS-pFzXdmESOkybMIDUeIJeQ

This mission have sound pack that contain background music and even dialogues which is very important so please take your time to install the sounds.

Dyom website mission link:

Screenshot:

Spoiler

That was smart, using about 15 objectives as timeouts set to 0:00, lol. It is valid, I guess.

Anyways, very nice mission, though the characters talking were funny as hell, they all sounded like mice or something alike.

• xghostx likes this

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

You're not alone, my mission start crushing after making last 10 objectives and can't fix it, definitly I have not enough time in a week for making mission and doing them in last day is risky :V Good luck to others!

omigawail
  • omigawail

Player Hater

• Members
  • Algeria

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

See, there's a reason why the contest is how it is. Hundreds of missions have been made that fit 100 objectives without any problems, and now you come here trying to break up the system. I don't want to sound harsh, but the problem is on your end this time. The contest has been going on for years exactly how it is today and everyone was fine with it. I understand the effort put into your work, but you should just accept that your entry is invalid, take a lesson out of it and move on.

It seems to me like you are taking the issue a bit too personally, I'm not asking for special treatment or anything. I'm just saying that the theme of this MOTW has been very restrictive for me, and I'm sure it has been for everyone who participated.

P.S: you are saying that it has been the same for years and hundreds of missions have been made with 100 objectives. I'm not sure as I haven't checked, but I think this is the first time MOTW's theme is 100 objectives.

MartZ2
  • MartZ2

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:41 PM Edited by MartZ2, 10 February 2018 - 07:41 PM.

It seems to me like you are taking the issue a bit too personally, I'm not asking for special treatment or anything. I'm just saying that the theme of this MOTW has been very restrictive for me, and I'm sure it has been for everyone who participated.

P.S: you are saying that it has been the same for years and hundreds of missions have been made with 100 objectives. I'm not sure as I haven't checked, but I think this is the first time MOTW's theme is 100 objectives.

You're not just saying it is restrictive to you - you are constantly trying to force THBP to accept your entry by thinking of your own concepts (take your own "End Of The Line" example) as a workaround for the vague rules, when your entry simply doesn't follow them. What is it that you are trying to say?

P.S: What does this theme have to do with the fact that there have been hundreds of missions made like that already (even outside of the contest)? The principle is the same.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:46 PM Edited by Danz., 10 February 2018 - 07:47 PM.

Almost every mission of mine, regardless if it's for MOTW or not is at least 95 objectives large. I didn't find this theme restrictive, sometimes the 100 objectives mark feels restrictive, because I feel like some missions feel incomplete without being able to add more objectives past that mark. I just didn't make an entry this time, for instead I made a 99 objectives mission for my current mission pack, Empire of the Soul.

I am not calling you guys who are complaining lazy, but there seems to have some reluctance for doing more effort and thinking ahead when making missions for DYOM. 

• The Half-Blood Prince and MartZ2 like this

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

That was smart, using about 15 objectives as timeouts set to 0:00, lol. It is valid, I guess.

It is, a nice trick that fits the rules. People didn't understand that in this concept of "only 100 objectives are valid", they could also use these tricks. I've seen Yasir using the countdown objective to simulate the car having difficulties to start, another well made trick. Having 100 objectives, it's always valid. 

Voting is on. Deadline in two days.

• xghostx likes this

MartZ2
  • MartZ2

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

You should probably make the votes public.

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

I believe this is not up to me, since I didn't see any option related to it. I'll contact a mod.

MartZ2
  • MartZ2

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

I believe this is not up to me, since I didn't see any option related to it. I'll contact a mod.

I was having a hard time finding the option myself for the first time, but I did eventually. There has to be some options that are enabled through ticking a box. Try checking there.

Alex Magana
  • Alex Magana

EL JEFE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:04 PM Edited by Alex Magana, 10 February 2018 - 08:09 PM.

I would like to ask for the voters the reasons they voted xGhost's rather than the other's participant missions.
- What was the actual reasons why other missions werent great.
- Good luck to participants!

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Senior DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

Voting already started?

I guess if I add a mission it still counts since the deadline is till 8:30pm

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Senior DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Right on time, Here's my Mission Storming the Farm

• Nuddle King likes this

Cptmyname
  • Cptmyname

Nothing.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

Shame that I had said 'no' to the new system. That kind of voting system was fair to everybody because we had to provide a specific reason, not like "oh! I've not played any mission, let's just vote for a senior designer". No offence Ghost and senior designers, I was just giving an example, not talking about you particularly. So, all I want to say is that please provide a written rating to all of us, which I think is fair than this one.
  • Alex Magana, Yasir_RFL and Nuddle King like this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:18 AM Edited by xghostx, 11 February 2018 - 01:24 AM.

I would like to ask for the voters the reasons they voted xGhost's rather than the other's participant missions.
- What was the actual reasons why other missions werent great.
- Good luck to participants!

No votes doesn't mean they aren't great.

But yeah I now like the other voting system better since you can actually get feedback on your missions. Only feedback I got was Danz's :cry:

Yasir_RFL
  • Yasir_RFL

One day, fate will change.

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:36 AM

It is, a nice trick that fits the rules. People didn't understand that in this concept of "only 100 objectives are valid", they could also use these tricks. I've seen Yasir using the countdown objective to simulate the car having difficulties to start, another well made trick. Having 100 objectives, it's always valid. 

That was Mikul's trick.
Well, I am surprise. Two more participation from the legends. I haven't played them, yet. Let's play. :D

Rinovare90
  • Rinovare90

Crackhead not

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

@xghostx 

Your "Sound.rar" file was damaged. 

Milk Lover
  • Milk Lover

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

Shame that I had said 'no' to the new system. That kind of voting system was fair to everybody because we had to provide a specific reason, not like "oh! I've not played any mission, let's just vote for a senior designer". No offence Ghost and senior designers, I was just giving an example, not talking about you particularly. So, all I want to say is that please provide a written rating to all of us, which I think is fair than this one.

All missions are all quite good but xghostx's mission was on a different level.

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:05 AM

@xghostx 

Your "Sound.rar" file was damaged. 

https://drive.google...ESOkybMIDUeIJeQ

Use this link instead.
  • Nuddle King likes this

Yasir_RFL
  • Yasir_RFL

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:32 AM Edited by Yasir_RFL, 11 February 2018 - 07:45 AM.

@Mikul Your mission was cool. But, concentrate on grammer a little more. 3.5/5

@Alex Your mission has a bug. I haven't play it due to the bug.

@xGhostx No words for improvement. Amazing! That's why you are a legend. 5/5

@Galactic This time, you were in hurry. That's why your dialogues were a little creepy. But, story, gameplay, and actors were alright like everytime. 4.9/5

@Yasir RFL You know your work.
Spoiler
  • xghostx likes this

Jack Muller
  • Jack Muller

Also Known As Green Goo

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:05 AM Edited by Jack Muller, 11 February 2018 - 08:17 AM.

No votes doesn't mean they aren't great.

But yeah I now like the other voting system better since you can actually get feedback on your missions. Only feedback I got was Danz's :cry:

Want a review I'll write a one just be patient for it. Also, if you're the winner, please choose a thriller shooter with perfect gameplay theme my mission for next contest is still on progress. :D

• xghostx and Yasir_RFL like this

Nuddle King
  • Nuddle King

follow the damn train

• Victim of The Pit™
  • GoSquared
  • Best Nuddles and Chicken 2017

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Engine Wars 5/5:**A Good mission,Effects And Writing was Fantastic.**

And my vote goes to YasirRFL
  • Yasir_RFL likes this

Jack Muller
  • Jack Muller

Also Known As Green Goo

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:41 AM Edited by Jack Muller, 11 February 2018 - 11:45 AM.

Review:

(Climbing Mount Chilliad): Your mission in the beginning was sounds emotional, I liked your grammar "The next stop will come soon girl! Good luck in climbing the mount hahaha!" or "You won't make it alive kid!" I became exited when reading the intro dialogues so, introduction was fabulous. After that, when climbing the mountain the object placements and the atmosphere scenes stimulated me! I liked all placements but some ones were hard to climb or I should say impossible to climb but all things were perfect, also some times I get stock in reaching some checkpoints they all were awesome but some tinny ones were annoying, just small ones and the rest was well-made. The most exiting things in your missions is the instigation about how's the ending. I mean climbing and asking for an aid and hearing somebodies saying weird things and then you see a strange and boom he vanish! This means your style in designing is thriller and though dialogues and conversations are amazing and exciting they have funs, exciting motions, dramatic scenes, and etc this what make it thriller! And about running off your or that bizarre girl and taking shots those scenes excited me more and more and more! That was thousand percent fabulous for me! I enjoyed it! So in the end when your on the crane facing your half-life hallucination or whatever was she, it was awesome when you step up energetic and fight your fears and push off that girl from you and start reaching the relief that scenes were the best ones in the whole mission, and in the end when standing and watching the sky that was excellent. I fretted cause the game ended I really liked it really really liked it! So, your mission is perfect! :^:

10/10.S

• xghostx and Nuddle King like this

Yasir_RFL
  • Yasir_RFL

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:58 AM Edited by Yasir_RFL, 11 February 2018 - 12:03 PM.

Engine Wars 5/5:**A Good mission,Effects And Writing was Fantastic.**

And my vote goes to YasirRFL

Thanks buddy! Good to hear that you like it. Be ready for more good missions. :)

Oops :p
  • Nuddle King likes this

Alex Magana
  • Alex Magana

EL JEFE

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:01 PM Edited by Alex Magana, 11 February 2018 - 01:54 PM.

For those who drop rumors about my " mission is bugged " i already fixed it during the deadline time but yeah who cares lol no-one even tested.. A  rumor stay a rumor and a plug stay a plug xD. Anywyas congratz once again, xGhosty.

I wish the new vote system will be back and the votes will be valid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users