Best Version?

17 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

First I hear 1.0.8.0 is the best version, then I hear 1.0.4.0 is actually the best in terms of performance, and I'm trying to work out which one is best.

I don't care about mods, all I care about is performance. I'm currently running v1.0.8.0, and I can say it's running better then when I was running v.1.0.70., but there's still a crap ton of stuttering, even with the -memrestrict command.

I know the game is poorly optimised blah blah blah I already know this, I just want to know which version is best for performance.

Thanks. 

Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

(o|o)+====(V)o•o(V)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure my favorite version for GTA IV PC?

1.0.4.0 or 1.0.7.0?

hmmmm..... *thinks*

Maybe i prefer 1.0.4.0 as the best version for me.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 3 weeks ago.

I'm currently running v1.0.8.0, and I can say it's running better then when I was running v.1.0.70.

This is your answer; the 1.0.8.0 patch was never meant to be magic, PC version of GTA 4 is sh*t so you will still have some issues concerning the optimization.

Try to play with the settings too.

Why don't you try the 1.0.4.0 patch anyway?

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

This depends a lot. My PC ran better with 1.0.7.0 by about 2fps. It did lag like hell with 1.0.4.0 tho.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

@anthony

Ahhh because I don't want to accidentally download a virus from an untrusted website. I couldn't find the patch on R*'s website either.

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Many people say 1.0.0.4/1.0.5.0 is the best version (the number is weird), in terms of performance. But thats bullshot, just turn down shadows and you get same performance (and graphics)

And performance between 1.0.8.0 and 1.0.7.0 should be same.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Speaking of the different versions, does it seem like Niko weighs a lot less in patch 1.0.4.0? Compared to 1.0.7.0 when you crash on a motorcycle or bail out of a car, you seem to fly a further distance on patch 4.

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Thug

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 2 weeks ago

1.0.8.0 should be the best version.

I believe some people just have fuc*ed up IV installation or OS, that is why they have badder performance on newest patch.

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

Speaking of the different versions, does it seem like Niko weighs a lot less in patch 1.0.4.0? Compared to 1.0.7.0 when you crash on a motorcycle or bail out of a car, you seem to fly a further distance on patch 4.

Yeah, using patch 7, delete taskparams.txt inside pc\data\game.rpf and you'll get the same issue. Some euphoria stuff seems to be broken on patch 4. game.rpf is the same in both patches though.
  • cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah, using patch 7, delete taskparams.txt inside pc\data\game.rpf and you'll get the same issue. Some euphoria stuff seems to be broken on patch 4. game.rpf is the same in both patches though.

Is it possible to fix this by using the taskparams.txt from patch 7 in patch 4? Or when you say the game.rpf is the same, does that include whatever is in taskaparams.txt too?

Tomas.
  • Tomas.

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Tomas., 2 weeks ago.

Or when you say the game.rpf is the same, does that include whatever is in taskaparams.txt too?

This, so I presume some EXE code is broken in patch 4 - certain stuff isn't being loaded or whatever.

I remember that you can't beat a ped with a firearm when you're close enough to him using patch 4, too.
  • cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

What about 1.0.3.0? I've heard the differences between that and Patch 4 are minimal, so mods and ENB works fine on it. Is that true? Is this issue present in Patch 3?

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

why not use the patch 5 tho? That is the supposedly fastest version with the most compatible enb.
  • cp1dell likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is it? I've always heard Patch 4 had the best performance. I know Patch 6 is when ENB broke and introduced the new shadow method that decreased performance. But I've never heard much about Patch 5's ENB and mod compatibility, and performance.

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

You may be right, i get always confused by some patch which was called 1.0.0.4 or 1.0.0.5 (aka differently than every other, and had lower number than it should be)

But the shadow performance is myth, if you play on medium, u get the old shadows and same performance. Only problem might be the enb.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah well High shadows on Patch 7 = Very High shadows on Patch 4. Very High on Patch 7 is an extended option that didn't exist on Patch 4.

I'm very curious about the ENB compatibility though with Patch 3. Aside from the bugs present in Patch 4 that supposedly aren't in Patch 3 - how is the performance?

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

I tried unpatched version up to patch 3 and all run much worse than patch 4/7/8. Patch 3 was somewhat playable but 4 was better.
  • cp1dell likes this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

1040 is best. It is best beciause this patch has perfect balance for performance and graphics. But for you I imagine 30 fps is a catastrophy so why should I even give a f*ck?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users