Can't play GTA V + Icon staying after uninstalling

1 reply to this topic
micaiahisawesome
  • micaiahisawesome

GTA Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

My dad just bought GTA V for PC 2 years ago. When we tried to install it, it said that I don't have enough memory. So, I tried it on my HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop. I got a SD card, and copied the file to it. I tried to install it and it installed successfully. When I tried running the game, it said that the system was not compatible, so I uninstalled it. But when I uninstalled it, the icon for the game remains. If I double click on it or remove it, it said that it cannot find the file. So I restarted the laptop, which made it go away. Can somebody help me fix this problem because I want to play GTA V on PC!

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

My dad just bought GTA V for PC 2 years ago. When we tried to install it, it said that I don't have enough memory. So, I tried it on my HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop. I got a SD card, and copied the file to it. I tried to install it and it installed successfully. When I tried running the game, it said that the system was not compatible, so I uninstalled it. But when I uninstalled it, the icon for the game remains. If I double click on it or remove it, it said that it cannot find the file. So I restarted the laptop, which made it go away. Can somebody help me fix this problem because I want to play GTA V on PC!

Go to wherever you transferred the files too and check and see if the folder itself is still on the SD Drive, If it is then delete it.

If GTA V is the only game you have installed on the SD Drive then format the drive to wipe it completely clean

Also simply transferring files from one computer to another won't work as the game needs to install certian files that can only be installed during an official install.

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but you couldn't play GTA V on your laptop even if you wanted too, After taking a look at the specs for your laptop it comes in way under the minimum specs for GTA V, Your processor and an i3 and your graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 for goodness sake, That card was released back in 2006 so it's over 12 years old you only have 2GB of memory when again the minimum specs are 8GB.

Here is a list of the minimum specs required to run GTA V and then compare it to your Laptop Specs

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1.
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB.
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB.
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible.
  • HDD Space: 65GB.
  • DVD Drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users