DYOM PUZZLE 2 - by xGhostx

Complete
28 replies to this topic
xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by xghostx, 2 days ago.

7IBoodb.jpg

59qVNba.png

Q8UgXiR.png

A sequel to the award-winning DYOM Puzzle.

This time packed with over 8 new puzzles.

Better, Harder, More Explosive.

These puzzles were designed with brand new dyom features most never seen before.

v9ycMlx.png

IQTcT09.jpg

YAVUD5x.png

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/51741

ZgeiA6l.png

Screenshot your time at the end to earn your place on the Speedrun Record.

You can either post it here or pm me

And please don't cheat, what's the fun in that o_<

[td]-:--

RankNameTime
1MartZ23:17
2Martin_Strada3:34
3THBP3:48
4Lee3:52
5Trilogy Games4:42
6Danz4:44
7CrisPK5:09
8Deadly Python5:25/td]
9Chaos17-:--
10---

I don't know why the table is not in center, if you know how to fix this please tell me.

KDHcOBC.png

I welcome all walkthrough/let's play, gonna post them all here. o_<

vdj3gUy.png

This is just side-note I wanna share after designing this:

- First of all, do not cheat. It will ruin the whole experience, trust me.

- This mission, by far, is the hardest and most painful to make for me, 

since there are to many new features that require planning and testing.  :facedesk:

- I still pushed myself through to finish this because I wanna give the community something new to experience,

and maybe compete for mission of 2018 hopefully if it turns out good.  :p

Future plan: I'm currently planning something new and never been seen in dyom. Looking to releash in about 2-3 weeks.

Good or bad, please judge my mission and leave feedbacks here as it will motivate me a lot.

Enjoy.

• Shiva., Alexander, The Odyssey and 5 others like this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Most Improved Designer of 2017. (DYOM)

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

Gonna play it! 

• xghostx and TheRyder like this

TheRyder
  • TheRyder

Power Of DYOM,Madafaka

• Members
  • Algeria
  • Best Nuddles and Chicken 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

I Enjoy it!Its Extermly hard,While I was playing and finish the mission.I forget to screenshot.

This a Mission with Speedrun Event,Good thinking Ghost.
  • xghostx likes this

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Chaos17, 4 weeks ago.

I don't know.It isn't working for the table. Maybe ask the Moderators

AA
BB

Btw mission looks amazing, I'll play and see

• xghostx likes this

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by CrisPK, 4 weeks ago.

Since my first missions with DYOM I fall in love in puzzle-like gameplays and puzzles itself, maybe that why I love so much THBP and your missions:D This is like... OVER 9000!!! Looks like you take inspiration from Portal, that's so great because I'm a big fan of logic games even more when they are mixed with some reflex elements  :cookie:

I had some unluck at the start while speedrunning but I think that not so bad time after 6 tries :p maybe will try beat it

Spoiler

Spoiler

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 4 weeks ago

Since my first missions with DYOM I fall in love in puzzle-like gameplays and puzzles itself, maybe that why I love so much THBP and your missions:D This is like... OVER 9000!!! Looks like you take inspiration from Portal, that's so great because I'm a big fan of logic games even more when they are mixed with some reflex elements  :cookie:

I had some unluck at the start while speedrunning but I think that not so bad time after 6 tries :p maybe will try beat it

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yea I know about that, tried a lot of way to fix that but nah most ruin the mission. So I just leave it be lol, as the car explode only 2 out of 10 times I tested.

• CrisPK and Martin_Strada like this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Amazing mission, a major improvement over the last DYOM puzzle, which was already very good.

I love your creativity, really inspiring enough to see where it is possible for me to improve. ]

Also, here's my time after dozens of tries: 

Spoiler
  • xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 4 weeks ago

Amazing mission, a major improvement over the last DYOM puzzle, which was already very good.

I love your creativity, really inspiring enough to see where it is possible for me to improve. ]

Also, here's my time after dozens of tries: 

Spoiler

Main reason why I made this, I just wanna encourage people to try and make new things instead of just making normal missions. 

But thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. <3 

• CrisPK and Martin_Strada like this

Trilogy Games
  • Trilogy Games

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Trilogy Games, 3 weeks ago.

Very good mission, the puzzles are really well done. 5/5 IGN xD. "Tempo" is "Time".27479744_955291874625912_342933627_o.png

• xghostx likes this

Lee.
  • Lee.

savage

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Lee., 3 weeks ago.

This is a massive improvement over the first DYOM Puzzle. I can see you're going all out with this one, since there are no restrictions like the previous mission (Only 3 objectives rule). Gotta hand it to you, you have one of the most creative mind in this community. The objects placements, and the way you used them are just phenomenal.

IMO, you probably should have used skip fading option for some of the cutscenes, so that some of us who is doing speedrun can probably save up a few extra seconds. But other than that, the mission is excellent.

This is my speedrun.

Spoiler
  • xghostx likes this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Played the mission and speedrun it.

here's my score:

Spoiler
  • xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

Very good mission, the puzzles are really well done. 5/5 IGN xD. "Tempo" is "Time".

Thanks, mate. Glad you liked it. <3

This is a massive improvement over the first DYOM Puzzle. I can see you're going all out with this one, since there are no restrictions like the previous mission (Only 3 objectives rule). Gotta hand it to you, you have one of the most creative mind in this community. The objects placements, and the way you used them are just phenomenal.

IMO, you probably should have used skip fading option for some of the cutscenes, so that some of us who is doing speedrun can probably save up a few extra seconds. But other than that, the mission is excellent.

This is my speedrun.

Spoiler

Awww thanks for the kind words. This kind of feedback I appreciate the most lol.

Btw yea you're free to skip cutscenes. Nice time btw. o_<

here's my score:

Spoiler

Very nice time, lol. You're currently number 1. Can you post a video walkthrough? I wonder how did you got so fast xD

Well done and thanks for playing :^:

• Lee. and Martin_Strada like this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Very good mission, the puzzles are really well done. 5/5 IGN xD. "Tempo" is "Time".

Thanks, mate. Glad you liked it. <3

This is my speedrun.

Spoiler

Awww thanks for the kind words. This kind of feedback I appreciate the most lol.

Btw yea you're free to skip cutscenes. Nice time btw. o_<

here's my score:

Spoiler

Very nice time, lol. You're currently number 1. Can you post a video walkthrough? I wonder how did you got so fast xD

Well done and thanks for playing :^:

Since i cant. Because, something's wrong with my recording software.
  • xghostx likes this

Cptmyname
  • Cptmyname

Nothing.

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

^Record it with the in-built recorder.
  • TheRyder likes this

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Half-Blood Prince, 3 weeks ago.

Record that sh*t. It's humanly impossible to get a time under 3:30. 

To ghost: I've tried this mission a few times. Really challenging and well made. Object placement were on its peak. Great to see you back in action again. The only thing that bothered not just me, but other players aswell, was the fading between the cutscenes, you could use skip fading or even timeout in some parts of the mission. Yet it's not such a big deal compared to how this mission was great. Congratz, my man.

My score:

Spoiler

Video:

• xghostx and Cptmyname like this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

Record that sh*t. It's humanly impossible to get a time under 3:30. 

To ghost: I've tried this mission a few times. Really challenging and well made. Object placement were on its peak. Great to see you back in action again. The only thing that bothered not just me, but other players aswell, was the fading between the cutscenes, you could use skip fading or even timeout in some parts of the mission. Yet it's not such a big deal compared to how this mission was great. Congratz, my man.

My score:

Spoiler

Video:

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to you all speedrunning against each other :lol:

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

That was a awesome creativity. The suicide bombing was great. No screenshot, but completed it in 5:37 after many tries.

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

That was a awesome creativity. The suicide bombing was great. No screenshot, but completed it in 5:37 after many tries.

Thanks! I'll add your time on the board :D

Milk Lover
  • Milk Lover

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

After all I've played, only this one managed to blow my mind. Especially the final code puzzle, how can you even think of doing such simple but brilliant thing.

I'm looking forward to play any missions coming from you. Please make more.  :santa:

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

After all I've played, only this one managed to blow my mind. Especially the final code puzzle, how can you even think of doing such simple but brilliant thing.

I'm looking forward to play any missions coming from you. Please make more.  :santa:

Thanks for the kind words ^^

DeAdLy PyThOn
  • DeAdLy PyThOn

Eh?

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed this puzzle, more puzzles coming soon?

Here's my time. (@[email protected])

Spoiler

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed this puzzle, more puzzles coming soon?

Here's my time. (@[email protected])

Spoiler

Glad you like it. I might make more, not sure lol.

• Martin_Strada and TheRyder like this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 days ago

That's my REAL speedrun, not that fake &@^@: 

• Danz. and TheRyder like this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 days ago

That's my REAL speedrun, not that fake &@^@: 

That was nice man!

• Martin_Strada and TheRyder like this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 4 days ago

Good run. Edited the Speedrun record. We have a new record holder  :^:

• TheRyder likes this

Gregorio150
  • Gregorio150

As Jhan Dave

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Gregorio150, 3 days ago.

Such a masterpiece puzzle you have created, XGhostX. It's nice to meet some old designer coming back here again. Will try this out  :D :D

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 days ago

Such a masterpiece puzzle you have created, XGhostX. It's nice to meet some old designer coming back here again. Will try this out  :D :D

Thanks, give a feedback later if you like it o_<

MartZ2
  • MartZ2

Independant Designer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 days ago

I'll remember this mission plainly because of the many times I had to restart it for the record, which I have beaten... finally.

It's an awesome experience, what can I say? I have yet to play the first DYOM Puzzle, so I don't know how well of an improvement the second part is, but judging personally by my standards... I can safely say that this is one of the best missions I have ever played. You have nailed pretty much everything here. I admire the creativity used when setting up the enemy cars to be exploded, especially that one sequence with the ramp. Since object placement was the essential part of the mission, I'll safely rate it as the best feature of the mission. Aside from that, the dialogue and the overall variety was well done. It wasn't rushed, and the map itself (the LV Military Fuel Depot) was used to an enjoyable extent. My props to you for this mission. Well done.

• xghostx likes this

xghostx
  • xghostx

no don't click here D:

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 2 days ago

I'll remember this mission plainly because of the many times I had to restart it for the record, which I have beaten... finally.

It's an awesome experience, what can I say? I have yet to play the first DYOM Puzzle, so I don't know how well of an improvement the second part is, but judging personally by my standards... I can safely say that this is one of the best missions I have ever played. You have nailed pretty much everything here. I admire the creativity used when setting up the enemy cars to be exploded, especially that one sequence with the ramp. Since object placement was the essential part of the mission, I'll safely rate it as the best feature of the mission. Aside from that, the dialogue and the overall variety was well done. It wasn't rushed, and the map itself (the LV Military Fuel Depot) was used to an enjoyable extent. My props to you for this mission. Well done.

Ahh thanks, one of the best feedback I've heard. And yea it was a big improvement since there are no 3 objectives rule, I can design a lot more puzzles with new features.  :beerhat:

Anyway thanks for playing. Your time is now number 1 on the speedrun record.   :^:

• MartZ2 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users