Emmet vs Ammu-nation

18 replies to this topic
Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Did US have public gunshop just like ingame shop called "Ammu-nation"? I think if Rockstar put Emmet as gun dealer instead ridiculous public gunshop, the game will have more taste.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by lil weasel, 3 weeks ago.

Yes, Although they are not as flashy.  Most try to remain out of the public's eye regarding Outdoor signage. 

There are many such gun shops All Individually owned. 

The only National Gun Store I am currently aware of is Cabel's, and many do not know that they sell weapons. As their prime advertising is clothing, and sports equipment. 

• anthony likes this

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

did actually we can buy guns at Emmet's just like written in this site? http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Emmet%27s

Ben the busta
  • Ben the busta

I like the way you die boy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think at Emmets place you only have colt 45 ,but near that place is also ammu-nation :)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

did actually we can buy guns at Emmet's just like written in this site? http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Emmet%27s

Emmet's is not a "store" It is a Free "Pickup" of only the .45 model 1911 Pistol.  In the Alley. The lined piece is a Hype-piece to make it sound better than it is. 

The Tech-9 (On Sweet's roof), the Mac-10 under the bridge also in the Rain Channel, may be more useful pickups. 

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes indeed, I always pick tec-9 on sweet's roof. There also pistol at corner of Ganton (between sweet's house and OGLoc' house), EZ game.

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Mark Chump

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ammunation shops were the most useless thing in SA.
You can complete the game without visiting them once.
(I myself never bought any guns or weapons)
But i agree. Having emmet as the source of weapons would have been more realistic.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by RetroMystic, 3 weeks ago.

But i agree. Having emmet as the source of weapons would have been more realistic.

Only for the early stages of the gang. Once CJ was exiled it wouldn't make much sense for CJ to go all the way into central LS to get weapons.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Only for the early stages of the gang. Once CJ was exiled it wouldn't make much sense for CJ to go all the way into central LS to get weapons.

I agree with this. Emmet as weapons source during Los Santos walkthrough until King In Exile, this would be just realistic.

Ben the busta
  • Ben the busta

I like the way you die boy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 3 weeks ago

ALso you have Deagle behind Sweets house ;)

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

*9mm

Can't go wrong with the trusty pistol. Especially when you get up to the mission "Ryder" and take the pizza guys shotgun

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Desert Eagle is in the South East of the Island under a Billboard. 

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 3 weeks ago.

Did US have public gunshop just like ingame shop called "Ammu-nation"? I think if Rockstar put Emmet as gun dealer instead ridiculous public gunshop, the game will have more taste.

There is a mod called Gun Seller that allows you to buy all weapons in the game from Emmet. You call him up on your phone and he drives to meet you and sell you weapons at a discount price. Its great for realism roleplaying during gameplay. Check it out if you play SA on PC with mods.

It does not mean that they should have been omitted from the game. Its still more realistic to have them in the game, seeing as gun stores exist in the real life counterparts of SAs locations.

Huh ?? Bro, there is an Ammu-Nation in all 3 cities (2 in LV alone) and in most of the small towns in the state of San Andreas. Seriously, did you really play this game properly ? Im not so sure you did based on this comment among others youve made.

I will agree with you about the trusty 9mm pistol. Its my favourite weapon and I can use it alone with nothing else easily.
  • anthony and Am Shaegar like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd have definitely liked to buy weapons from illegal weapon gunshops in some parts of the map, similar to those underground shops in IV. LS, countryside, and desert areas are perfect for illegal shops located in the most unusual, hard to reach places. It just feels very fitting for a criminal. Some interesting banter and missions could have been also introduced. Similar to Far Cry 2 side tasks.
But, I also want Ammunations in the game, featured in SF and LV. They are similar (to an extent) to the actual gun shops in US for purchasing weapons legally.
This way we could have had both types of shops.

This is why I love mods. :D
  • Official General and Light Syde Riandy like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd have definitely liked to buy weapons from illegal weapon gunshops in some parts of the map, similar to those underground shops in IV. LS, countryside, and desert areas are perfect for illegal shops located in the most unusual, hard to reach places. It just feels very fitting for a criminal. Some interesting banter and missions could have been also introduced. Similar to Far Cry 2 side tasks.
But, I also want Ammunations in the game, featured in SF and LV. They are similar (to an extent) to the actual gun shops in US for purchasing weapons legally.

If one uses their imagination even more in depth you could even roleplay realism with gun purchases without mods in SA. In real life America, it is extremely hard to buy guns within the limits of most major cities. Most criminals from the city get their guns from suburban and countryside towns well outside of the city limits, where it is much easier to buy or obtain guns. For instance, only buy guns from the Ammu-Nation in the small towns, but never the 3 cities.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Light Syde Riandy, 3 weeks ago.

Illegal weapon gunshops in some parts of the map.

I've been looking for the said mod yet what I found was gun shop on grove. It's not what I want because it's unrealistic for street gang dealers to own and sell all guns that I can't but from Ammu-Nation. I'd also love to have hardware stores just like the ones from GTA VC as well.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 3 weeks ago.

I've been looking for the said mod yet what I found was gun shop on grove. It's not what I want because it's unrealistic for street gang dealers to own and sell all guns that I can't but from Ammu-Nation. I'd also love to have hardware stores just like the ones from GTA VC as well.
Wrong mod you found. You want the Gun Seller mod. By pressing F6 you can call up Emmet and he will send gang members to drive to you anywhere on the map to sell you weapons, not just in Grove Street.

It is indeed realistic for gang members to sell you all kinds of firearms and artillery. Youd be very surprised as to what weapons real life street gangs can get their hands on.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've been looking for the said mod yet what I found was gun shop on grove. 

Check this mod. Topic on GTA F here. Demo video here.

Finally, SA has now the gun delivery feature 

• Official General likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This part of the Forum is NOT for Mods. There is a special Forum for the Modding Showroom.

\

There is also No Need to BUY any weapon available in the game. Some Exploration will find every weapon for Free as a pickup.

The Ammu-Nation is in the game for sub-game event at those that have a Firing Range, and the favourable glitch that allows for quick ammunition Doubling.

Reference the Guide at  http://gtaforums.com...pon-guide-2012

Keep your money to buy Property.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users