Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Doomsday Heist Ultimate Guide - Best Tips!

41 replies to this topic
Mr_Noob
  • Mr_Noob

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

-snip-

But we are in 2018, not 2015. Now there are many more vehicles, and the Vigilante is, by far, the best vehicle for these new Heists (+ Insurgent pick-up). All ACT III preps (less Volatol, of course) is for Vigilante, and there is no danger of dying. Just be smart and know where to shoot. 

Going with the Kuruma to kill, from my point of view, seems very "noob"  and very slow, when with the Vigilante more very much faster. For example, in Dead Courier, Recovery, with the Vigilante you finish it in 30 seconds to kill everyone and then pick the Savage. Another example is in Barrage prep, with the Vigilantes you stand on a hill and fire all the helicopters, then you use the off-road route to arrive to the airfield and fire again. (Only one player will drive the Barrage)...

1) That sounds like a great way to make a 'noob' error and blow up the helicopter ?

2) is the Vigilante really more explosive resistant in heists than in free roam?   

It lacks the 4 seats and handling of the Kuruma and is many times more expensive.  Also I'm no fan of the insurgent custom either, especially not for 2 man teams. It offers explosive resistance but isn't really bullet proof at all and it is slow. 

The Kuruma is still the best all around heist vehicle IMO it just needs to be used with caution (or not at all) on missions where the enemy fire explosives. 

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago Edited by joel15cat, 4 days ago.

-snip-

But we are in 2018, not 2015. Now there are many more vehicles, and the Vigilante is, by far, the best vehicle for these new Heists (+ Insurgent pick-up). All ACT III preps (less Volatol, of course) is for Vigilante, and there is no danger of dying. Just be smart and know where to shoot. 

Going with the Kuruma to kill, from my point of view, seems very "noob"  and very slow, when with the Vigilante more very much faster. For example, in Dead Courier, Recovery, with the Vigilante you finish it in 30 seconds to kill everyone and then pick the Savage. Another example is in Barrage prep, with the Vigilantes you stand on a hill and fire all the helicopters, then you use the off-road route to arrive to the airfield and fire again. (Only one player will drive the Barrage)...

1) That sounds like a great way to make a 'noob' error and blow up the helicopter ?

2) is the Vigilante really more explosive resistant in heists than in free roam?   

It lacks the 4 seats and handling of the Kuruma and is many times more expensive.  Also I'm no fan of the insurgent custom either, especially not for 2 man teams. It offers explosive resistance but isn't really bullet proof at all and it is slow. 

The Kuruma is still the best all around heist vehicle IMO it just needs to be used with caution (or not at all) on missions where the enemy fire explosives. 

1) You mean blow the Savage on Dead Courier? No, simply shoots well, and btw, the Savage resists some missiles.

2) Yes, the Vigilante is more resistant in heists than in free roam. I guess all the vehicles, at least, resist one explosion.

I repeat it again and again, the Vigilante, is by far, the best vehicle for The Doomsday Heists. Fast, easy and fun. 

That is expensive? Yes, but it's worth it.

• StangOne50 likes this

les999
  • les999

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

I repeat it again and again, the Vigilante, is by far, the best vehicle for The Doomsday Heists. Fast, easy and fun. 

My experience of vigilantes in doomsday heists is quite different. I've lost count of the number of times the vigilante driver crashes into everyone else at the first corner then ends up getting to the destination last (typically in a different vehicle as they've lost their vigilante on the journey)

The other common vigilante problem is the driver who doesn't want to get out of their car and leaves the others to do all the work... Barrage setup in particular.  And of course being a 2 seater it isn't very practical for cooperative missions.

They have their benefits but I've seen a lot of missions failed because of them being driven by idiots.

• Ezekeil2Ofive17 likes this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago

My experience of vigilantes in doomsday heists is quite different. I've lost count of the number of times the vigilante driver crashes into everyone else at the first corner then ends up getting to the destination last (typically in a different vehicle as they've lost their vigilante on the journey)

The other common vigilante problem is the driver who doesn't want to get out of their car and leaves the others to do all the work... Barrage setup in particular.  And of course being a 2 seater it isn't very practical for cooperative missions.

They have their benefits but I've seen a lot of missions failed because of them being driven by idiots.

Maybe the problem is that you play with randoms. I only play heists with friends and we play coordinated.

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 4 days ago.

Maybe the problem is that you play with randoms. I only play heists with friends and we play coordinated.

"Maybe" the problem is that you don't seem to understand the idea of a tips thread, it has to apply to the broadest cross section possible, or that what works for mic'd, experienced, high level players, doesn't always work well with randoms/most people, so it shouldn't be presented as if it does

Not carrying on with this "debate", tired of bumping a thread with some really bad, and some good, advice in it (and I don't just mean spending $4mill when you can spend $500k)

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it.

Ok, so today I was bored an joined a doomsday quick job, I got the dead Courier set up with a rank 68 and a rank 95.

They where the paramedics team, so I go for the Savage.

When I killed almost all enemies they show up and take the copper before I picked up the intel.

I was like wtf are these n00bs doing, lol.

I got the intel and jumped in the chopper thinking they would go to the yellow marker and leave me with the chopper.

But no, they just flew around blowing up cop cars, I'm like lol these guys have no clue.

To my surprise after some time not too long, the yellow marker changed to the drop off point and it said deliver the chopper.

So we flew there landed the chopper, mission complete.

Didn't even have to get close to the mo​rgue. 

Those n00bs probably wasen't n00s after all. :)

• Rammer2k likes this

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 4 days ago.

They cleared the morgue first. If they trip skipped and you didn't its easily done, plus when if you park your own car it's clear when you exit, briefly, but more than enough time for a quick getaway 

gifs linked below

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago Edited by jollythecat, 4 days ago.

They cleared the morgue first. If they trip skipped and you didn't its easily done, plus when if you park your own car it's clear when you exit, briefly, but more than enough time for a quick getaway 

gifs linked below

No, I trip skipped too.

There is no way they would have time to clear the morgue.

I blew up most enemies with my Vigilante, it took 2 minutes.

And like I said, when we got into the chopper the yellow marker was still at the morgue.

*edit*

And also they arrived at the helicopter before I even had time to kill all enemies.

They probably trip skipped and went straight to the chopper.

Didn't see if they used the ambulance or a pv to get there though.

*edit again*

Now when I think about it they both died quickly in the morgue. (Too quick to pickup the usb though, they died with in a minute)

And after restart they went for the chopper. (still with out picking up the usb I'm sure)

I'm thinking the paramedics team don't see the "go to the morgue" yellow marker after getting the heli, so they go to drop off point if they are the pilot.

• Ezekeil2Ofive17 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

It is a risky way to do it as flying into your team mate or crashing the Lazer into the mountain is a possibility, but it is still a viable strategy.    The Volatol really sucks ass; slow, horrible to fly and the bombs are useless. 

The bombs may be useless in free roam but in this mission they work perfectly fine. A decent pilot can finish this mission in a few minutes by himself easily.

Ive played this with randoms and many seem to not realize you can spam the bombs and they are unlimited. Idk how many times a random just tries to hit the target with a single bomb smh lol

This is why now when I host this to randoms I never play with more than 3 so I can control the bombs myself.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

As noob as it may be now, I still prefer my Kuruma, especially when doing a CMM run.  It seats 4, at least 90% bullet proof, and zips around decently.  It also can take quite the beating by a Juggernaut I've found.  On one of our runs, Agent 14 actually hopped in, which helped greatly since we didn't have to worry about him walking right in the line of fire of the Juggernauts. 

I'm sure the Vigilante has it's uses for those who have had it for awhile, but most people aren't gonna spend $4million plus on another weaponized car.  Unless of course their bankroll is huge, and they want to try out different tactics.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

I think the best vehicle for those missions is still the savage in my MOC. I noticed that most enemys simply don´t shoot at my chopper, or when they do, with far less accuracy. It´s also very efficent. Fast traveling, fast killing and 4 seats.

gta5booi
  • gta5booi

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 hours ago

Awesome guide, thanks a lot! Will probably help me out a lot haha. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users