• Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

This is a weird glitch that has came up in the stunting community for the last 16 years but I've never seen posted here; essentially if you drive south and pop a wheelie at high speed you'll do it fine however if you go north at high speeds and try to pull one up the bike simply refuses to come up. Is there any reasoning behind this?

• thehambone and jaljax like this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:36 AM Edited by gts., 16 January 2018 - 08:36 AM.

Haha, I thought it was something related to Rockstar North. Also, I didn't know about this bug and I've never faced it. It is some like the one from San Andreas, weird stuff.

Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:10 AM Edited by Keano, 16 January 2018 - 09:12 AM.

I've never thought about this but now that you've brought it up...I can remember doing a good few wheelies in the North but mostly the bike goes up very little compared to other parts of the map. 

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

Haha, I thought it was something related to Rockstar North. Also, I didn't know about this bug and I've never faced it. It is some like the one from San Andreas, weird stuff.

Ah yes the slow roads bug, another one that has plagued the stunt community for years; I think there's some of those roads in LV too but I never played SA as much as I did VC.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful in Modding 2017
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

"Slow roads" isn't a bug though, if docs are to believed.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:49 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 16 January 2018 - 06:52 PM.

Yes, this bug is real. It has returned in VCS, as well. Unfortunately, I currently can't answer the original question as to why this happens, but can add that this phenomenon can be subtly observed on boats, too; when going south, they tend to lift a bit more off the water, as if trying to go up north. You could say that the north pole acts as a magnet of sorts.

Although a bit off-topic, in VCS, there is a unique boat, which looks almost identical to the Speeder. Bradygames guide refers to this boat as the "Ambassador", but I've also seen it called Speeder2. Now, this "Speeder" (?) is considerably faster and more maneuverable than a normal one, and has the bizarre quirk of being severely affected by this north/south malfunction, which, as I said, is also present in VCS. When travelling north, the boat goes just fine, but when travelling south...

XGblK8O.jpg

This behaviour should be true for all boats (mostly high-speed ones), and in both games, but to a far lesser extent.

On a side note, I've also read that San Andreas is affected by a similar phenomenon, and has to do with the ability (or lack thereof) to do backflips on bikes while in midair, depending on the direction the player is facing, but I haven't looked into this matter much.

• thehambone likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users