A return of danger in the streets ?

39 replies to this topic
the consigliere
  • the consigliere

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Reading this thread back, it would be very cool if gang agression would be related to a few aspects:

- Player's clothes: Neutral clothes would be mostly ignored, clothes with the color of a rival gang would be met with agression towards the player, fancy clothes would attract muggers.

- Player's car: A common or lower-end car would be mostly neutral, fancy cars would attract more carjackers, police or gang cars would be negative.

- Player's actions: If player is just walking around it would be neutral, player acting like an idiot pointing a gun and stuff would be negative.

- Story: If any missions involved the player attacking said gang, they'd generally act more agressively, could be avoided by wearing a mask in the mission.

This way you had a chance of exploring gang areas without being shot to pieces in seconds.

As for carjackings, maybe a similar system to San Andreas', where a ped would just randomly drag you out of the car. Would also be interesting if you had a random chance to recover your car, either abandoned on a back alley somewhere or at a police station.

As for muggers, GTA IV had a system where you could give money to sax players and hobos, so maybe a system using that would be cool: one or more NPCs would point guns at you, so you had to either press a button to give them $100 or try to fight back.

This is a great idea, would be good also if every part of the map you were in had different dangers for example in known ghettos you need to be careful of local gangs but with less police presence because police won't go in really dangerous hoods. 

Also as you progress through the game your actions could lead to more heat with certain gangs or the authorities forcing you to become more tactical with where you go and what you do there.

UNDZTD
  • UNDZTD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

They truly dropped the ball with this in GTA V. They had a chance to show Chicanos, and also elaborate on the Ballers & Grove St. It's also disappointing that you can't purchase houses in the not so good neighborhoods. I'd like to start a gang fight and actually own the turf afterwards (that actually makes sense). It'd also be dope if we could distinguish which gang we want to be a part of (or create our own––that goes hand-in-hand with GTA Crews), and recruit members to post up in the turfs we take over. Owning a coke lab is cool with the MC addition, but what about trap houses/crack houses? We need a gang update since they're hell bent on keeping GTA V: Online alive. If not GTA Online, I really hope they get back to this style of gaming for the next GTA.

Sprunkadelic
  • Sprunkadelic

"Ecola Is Better"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

But!This is impossible,the Next GTA will be in Tokyo or London as I know.

Uh yeah, right..

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:28 AM

But!This is impossible,the Next GTA will be in Tokyo or London as I know.

Uh yeah, right..

@ Sprunkadelic Lol I was thinking the same thing.

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:02 AM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 22 February 2018 - 12:02 AM.

Yes, like crossing through Saint Mark's bistro in GTA III... /irony

CHARMANDER50
  • CHARMANDER50

Rat

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

If you want to feel the danger of being outside, just join any GTA:Online public lobby.

Already have and it's not the kind of danger I enjoy, nor is it what I'm referring to. As most on here already know, I have zero interest in online MP.

What do yah mean? that U prefer SinglePlayer(SP) titles that would definitely
be freeroam without latency delay from a overcrowded server.

San Andreas minus CJohnson is a must preferred backcompatible
BOX1, Pocket/Mobile GTA title.

Como la gente de vuelta en Tijuana dicen que vamos a cruzar el puente volar porque vamos a caminar sobre el agua !

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

If you want to feel the danger of being outside, just join any GTA:Online public lobby.

Already have and it's not the kind of danger I enjoy, nor is it what I'm referring to. As most on here already know, I have zero interest in online MP.

What do yah mean? that U prefer SinglePlayer(SP) titles that would definitely
be freeroam without latency delay from a overcrowded server.

San Andreas minus CJohnson is a must preferred backcompatible
BOX1, Pocket/Mobile GTA title.

Como la gente de vuelta en Tijuana dicen que vamos a cruzar el puente volar porque vamos a caminar sobre el agua !

What f**k are you on about mister ? No disrespect but I have not a clue as what you just said  :blink: 

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:38 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 22 February 2018 - 05:38 PM.

What f**k are you on about mister ? No disrespect but I have not a clue as what you just said  :blink:

I am Spanish and neither do I... 

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:38 PM Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 22 February 2018 - 08:39 PM.

Great topic mate :^:.

It frustrates me no end that Rockstar put so much effort into the project and ghetto areas of both IV and V, researched and represented gangs in both areas very well, and then made them no threat. NY and LA - infamous for their gang crime - wasted in IV and V. Very frustrating.

Whatever the next GTA is, it has to bring back hostility. Random shoot outs, muggings, police chases, car accidents, robberies and gang areas that are hostile.

In GTA SA there was a mechanic where a gang would surround your car and push it around . It happens rarely in the game but was never implemented again in IV or V (I believe). Events like this need to return.

• Algonquin Assassin, Official General and GTA-Biker like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:58 AM

As long as it's not in VCS where random gang members show up in a big ass car, do a drive by on you with almost perfect accuracy, pops your tires in a second, put your car in flames in 2, then spam you with SMGs and AK47s the moment you get out of the car and waste you in 3 seconds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users