Quantcast

» «
Photo

A return of danger in the streets ?

38 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:17 PM Edited by Official General, 4 weeks ago.

The element of danger in the streets. I've been playing SA recently and this is ONE element of GTA I've missed for a very long time

The streets of GTA: San Andrea's cities are teeming with all kinds of danger. Gang members and drug dealers ready to shoot at you, random psychos and kunckleheads that will attack with melee weapons or even guns for the slightest altercation or provocation, and street criminals that will carjack you at a moment's notice. Yes, it can sometimes be a little annoying being shot at all the time by rival gangs when they spot you, but at least it made you think twice about venturing into certain areas, or keep a sharp eye out for any gang members nearby on the streets. And if it annoyed you so much, start a gang war and take over their turf, problem solved - in the world of the gangsta, you don't get left alone by your enemies by keeping them alive, you have to use murderous force, so it made sense to me. Even when robbing homes, you still need to be careful of armed residents that will blast you if they catch you intruding on their property. It makes the need to be armed with a gun VERY essential - at the very least you need to be packing a 9mm pistol to feel very safe. 

No other GTA can rival SA for this experience at this level. GTA Vice City offers the same kind of experience, but not on the same level as SA does. In GTA IV, it was almost pretty much non-existent without the player having to initiate any kind of trouble. GTA V kinda does a good job of it some of the way - the gang turf intimidation feature was very well-done, I liked the way gang members flashed their guns at the player as a warning to leave their turf. However, in V that's the only kind of serious random danger you'll ever face in the streets, not much else.

I would love to see this return in the next GTA. Anyone else feel the same ? Feel free to discuss !

• PaddsterG2k3, Algonquin Assassin, anthony and 9 others like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

I'd love if they would do it.In GTA 5 you never really feel like you're in danger,even in the areas which should be very dangerous (the only exception being The Lost MC turfs when playing as Trevor).

Hopefully in the next GTA they return rival gangsters who would ask you are you in a gang if you hang out in their turf for too long (or attack on sight if you're wearing gang colors), small time thugs who would steal your vehicle like in 3D GTA games or even mug you like in GTA 2, armed drug dealers, pimps and prostitutes who would fight back if you attack them, and even road raging civilians who would get out of their cars with a knife or a baseball bat in their hands and attack you if you crash into them like in GTA SA.It would make bad neighborhoods actually bad,not completely safe if you don't provoke anyone.

Also,it would be cool if gang members would spawn throughout their turf and patrol through it like in 3D games,not just spawn in a small area and stand there forever doing nothing.In GTA 5 the Ballas rarely spawn outside Grove Street despite apparently controlling the whole Davis, same with Vagos who rarely spawn outside Rancho projects despite controlling most of Rancho, and The Lost MC are rarely seen actually riding their bikes.

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

I'd love if they would do it.In GTA 5 you never really feel like you're in danger,even in the areas which should be very dangerous (the only exception being The Lost MC turfs when playing as Trevor).

Hopefully in the next GTA they return rival gangsters who would ask you are you in a gang if you hang out in their turf for too long (or attack on sight if you're wearing gang colors), small time thugs who would steal your vehicle like in 3D GTA games or even mug you like in GTA 2, armed drug dealers, pimps and prostitutes who would fight back if you attack them, and even road raging civilians who would get out of their cars with a knife or a baseball bat in their hands and attack you if you crash into them like in GTA SA.It would make bad neighborhoods actually bad,not completely safe if you don't provoke anyone.

Also,it would be cool if gang members would spawn throughout their turf and patrol through it like in 3D games,not just spawn in a small area and stand there forever doing nothing.In GTA 5 the Ballas rarely spawn outside Grove Street despite apparently controlling the whole Davis, same with Vagos who rarely spawn outside Rancho projects despite controlling most of Rancho, and The Lost MC are rarely seen actually riding their bikes.

Too right bro !

I'm playing SA now, and the level of danger in these streets can get real crazy, especially in Los Santos. Forget the rival gangs shooting at you for a minute - there are a ton of drug dealers, criminals and hotheads that are randomly armed with pistols that will blast you over a minor altercation or infraction. I miss this stuff a lot man, I really cannot see why IV and V failed to implement this in their gameplay experiences. I just hope the next GTA don't mess up on this. 

• GTA-Biker and Brian_O_Malley like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:58 PM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 15 January 2018 - 09:58 PM.

I would really like to see muggings, car jackings etc to come back. And I don't mean the "random" ones like GTA V.

• Official General, anthony, ChengizVlad09 and 4 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

I would really like to see muggings, car jackings etc to come back. And I don't mean the "random" ones like GTA V.

Yeah that's exactly what I miss - all that random street crime that you saw in the streets happening to you and other peds. It's stuff like this that actually makes it a necessity for the player to carry a gun when walking the city streets outside of missions. We haven't seen this happen since the III-era, and with all this newer HD tech IV and V have utilised, it's a big surprise and shame none of this stuff has even been included, let alone improved upon. 

In IV, I used street crime mods to initiate random carjackings and muggings in the streets, and it really added a great deal of danger and excitement to just walk those LC streets - but I had to use mods. This just should not be the case. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

If you want to feel the danger of being outside, just join any GTA:Online public lobby.

As for Singleplayer, not many games since San Andreas have done this. One of the closest things I could think of is when Michael and Trevor have to escape Madrazo, if they enter Los Santos, the Madrazo will send its henchmen to kill them. This might be because we haven't really seen many protagonists sided with organizations or gangs, the only exceptions being Toni, Johnny, Luis (arguably), Huang and Trevor, and most experience little to no resistance from their rivals in freeroam. But I think nothing will beat being shot with a Rocket Launcher in GTA 2.

But an unique experience I'd love back would be riots from San Andreas. Surviving in Los Santos when they were happening was pretty tense.

• jaljax likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

If you want to feel the danger of being outside, just join any GTA:Online public lobby.

Already have and it's not the kind of danger I enjoy, nor is it what I'm referring to. As most on here already know, I have zero interest in online MP. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

One of the closest things I could think of is when Michael and Trevor have to escape Madrazo, if they enter Los Santos, the Madrazo will send its henchmen to kill them. This might be because we haven't really seen many protagonists sided with organizations or gangs, the only exceptions being Toni, Johnny, Luis (arguably), Huang and Trevor, and most experience little to no resistance from their rivals in freeroam. 

Yeah that Cartel attack against Michael and Trevor coming back to Los Santos was done very well, but its just a snippet of what you have been. The protagonists don't have to be a member or affiliate of any criminal organization or gang for these features to return. These features should be there by default, automatically reflecting the danger of the streets of large American cities in real life. 

But an unique experience I'd love back would be riots from San Andreas. Surviving in Los Santos when they were happening was pretty tense.

Yeah that was insane, just recently played that part again. In HD, one can only imagine how it would feel. 

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:56 PM Edited by Ronald Reagan, 15 January 2018 - 11:56 PM.

What do you mean? In glorious Grand Theft Auto V standing next to any person starts a fight. 

The most dangerous place in the world, San Andreas.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:59 PM

Streets are dangerous in GTA V, every pedestrian has a reason to call cops on you.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

Streets are dangerous in GTA V, every pedestrian has a reason to call cops on you.

What do you mean? In glorious Grand Theft Auto V standing next to any person starts a fight. 

I'd like to believe you two guys are more intelligent than your replies suggest :blink: 

Or maybe English is not your first language and you misread the thread title ? I sure hope it's the latter. 

• anthony and CGFforLife like this

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:06 AM Edited by Ronald Reagan, 16 January 2018 - 01:08 AM.

Do you suggest that people who constantly want to fight us are not good examples of the danger in the streets?

I think that's what Rockstar Games wanted. Instead of something more complex, they created overreacting NPCs.

We should expect that in Grand Theft Auto: Next. Low effort.

Sad.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:19 AM Edited by Am Shaegar, 16 January 2018 - 05:20 AM.

This topic makes me want to go on a full scale rant about the current direction of the series. This is one of the biggest crime Rockstar has done in HD Era - Removing the street level random crimes, and dangers in the world around you, and a great simulated environment that is great to look and explore, but devoid of anything interesting related to "crimes" other than the scripted story/side missions, which are mostly one time affairs.

Now, I know, there's a lot of focus on what kind of setting the game is based on, but it's still a fictional world we are talking here. No matter how much Rockstar tries to copy/paste the near identical NY/LA feel into the game world, they adding absolutely nothing in terms of actual gameplay, which is what GTA is so attractive as a "crime simulator" in the first place.
I don't always like watching peds doing their own business and all. There's a real life for that.
In a virtual "fictional" world, I'd like to experience something that I can't in real world. Talking about all kinds of advanced dangers present in every nook and cranny of the streets. I don't give a sh*t about Rockstar's copy/pasted cutscene fest of stories.
Rockstar hasn't evolved their formulaic gameplay that fans used to acknowledge in the 3D era that represented specific leanings to a series of crime related stuff in the open world, whether drug dealers, muggers, gangs, cops randomly chasing other criminals, earning respect by killing gang members, etc.
A lot of these additions aren't used to great effect within modern settings in combination with the atmospheric and crime environment for creating a truly believable and captivating "crime setting". Instead turning into a real life bullsh*t with a lot of focus on those boring minigames, friendship crap, hanging around to listen to some of the most boring stories from different characters that you probably get sick by the end of watching it over and over again.

I mean, where is the f*ckin' challenge in them. Large scale worlds with hardly 2-3 % of the streets practically puts you through some kind of a rampage, serious heat, and sh*t, that makes those loaded weapons worth carrying around in your under garments. Having large scale battles, faction wars, illegal trade, put those massive amount of waters around the map for some goddamn criminal purpose than watching those boring underwater fishes.
Take a look @ Kingpin Life of Crime video game. Its outstandingly written with a carefully crafted setting that oozes a sense of creepy, constant danger with various criminals around the map. There are multiple objectives and different ways to handle missions with no handholding, which further helps to heighten the intensity and creepiness of the levels.

This is one of my favorite scenes @2:33 secs in the game

That's the kind of a guy I wanna roleplay than some war veteran and his boring story.
  • Official General, anthony, Maibatsu545 and 3 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:44 AM Edited by anthony, 16 January 2018 - 02:22 PM.

^the more the years pass the more and more everything is censored. It happen in video games too, like the GTA series. What happen to being a real criminal in a GTA ? Like what the f*ck is these characters we got ? This is so childish now..GTA 4 was the last with a real story based on criminal and GTA SA had a lot of crime activities and evrything, and on top of the story oriented crime too, VCS with the empire building was and still f*cking amazing too.

Anyway I agree with the OP.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Official General, Maibatsu545 and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:51 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 16 January 2018 - 09:54 AM.

Yeah that's exactly what I miss - all that random street crime that you saw in the streets happening to you and other peds. It's stuff like this that actually makes it a necessity for the player to carry a gun when walking the city streets outside of missions. We haven't seen this happen since the III-era, and with all this newer HD tech IV and V have utilised, it's a big surprise and shame none of this stuff has even been included, let alone improved upon. 

In IV, I used street crime mods to initiate random carjackings and muggings in the streets, and it really added a great deal of danger and excitement to just walk those LC streets - but I had to use mods. This just should not be the case. 

I still think GTA IV's way more honest though. GTA V on the other hand tries to create the illusion of a spontaneous world through the "random" events except the illusion's completely broken when you see the same guy or whoever get their bike, purse stolen etc for the 20th time. GTA IV still has random crime. You still see criminals getting chased on foot by cops, drug dealers selling their products etc. Albeit yeah there aren't any muggings, car jackings etc out in the street, but it feels more organic and less scripted than GTA V.

Now in regards for GTA VI I really don't want to be shot to death every single time I step into a gang area. I know I'm using the taboo among GTA gamers "realism" here, but I think it should be taken strongly taken into consideration. Whilst indeed the 3D era GTAs made certain areas feel dangerous it was still pretty annoying especially in GTA III when members of other gangs would go kamikaze at the drop of a hat.

It should be like in the Assassin's Creed games when going into restricted areas the guards would gradually get more suspicious the longer you hung around. I always thought it was a bit stupid in the 3D era when speeding through gang occupied areas in a car and you'd get shot at like they somehow had a sixth sense to know who you were. Areas should be treated like how some horror games create a wonderful sense of tension with the feeling you could something encounter bad. Sometimes you do. Sometimes you don't.

I hope it goes to the extent that back alleys shouldn't be places to be visited after specific hours. Like imagine walking through a dimly lit back alley and get jumped by some crackheads or something.

• Official General, anthony, GTK0HLK and 4 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Fanatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Take that randomness of IV, mix it with some of the ped interactions in V, and you've got a good system. I like how Michael gets constant looks and comments from people when he walks around the hood. I'd like to see that escalate, maybe make it so if you get into constant confrontations with gangs they'll recognize you for a short time after, creating no go zones. In SA they had the mob chasing you if you're in the red, if you're an enemy of a gang have that occur for a short period in the next GTA.
  • Official General and DOUGL4S1 like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

Do you suggest that people who constantly want to fight us are not good examples of the danger in the streets?

I think that's what Rockstar Games wanted. Instead of something more complex, they created overreacting NPCs.

We should expect that in Grand Theft Auto: Next. Low effort.

Sad.

It's cool, but that kind of danger is of little substance, I'm talking about the more serious stuff, not powder-puff stuff like the stuff seen in V. A fist fight is nothing to be cowering in fear about while walking the streets, especially with a hipster acting tough. And even then in V, you had to stand real close to a ped for a little while to initiate it, so it was not exactly random in the truest sense of the word. 

@ Algonquin

I still think GTA IV's way more honest though. GTA V on the other hand tries to create the illusion of a spontaneous world through the "random" events except the illusion's completely broken when you see the same guy or whoever get their bike, purse stolen etc for the 20th time. GTA IV still has random crime. You still see criminals getting chased on foot by cops, drug dealers selling their products etc. Albeit yeah there aren't any muggings, car jackings etc out in the street, but it feels more organic and less scripted than GTA V.

IV's system of this feature was done very well, but it was only halfway finished. That's what really disappointed me about it, otherwise it would have been perfect. One thing Rockstar done perfectly in IV was making gang members less conspicuous and obvious, and ONLY pulling out their guns when real beef was about to go down - that's how New York gangs act in real life. The cop arrests, drug deals etc in IV, were cool, but not enough to make the streets feel very much alive and dangerous with crime, which is a shame, because those dark, shadowy LC streets would have so perfectly played host to it all. At the very least we should have seen car jackings and random shootouts - if it meant only in high-crime areas like the projects. What V did better was the cop-robber pursuits that ended in shootouts, that was nice, but then - no realism like arrests like IV had. Both IV and V painfully only went halfway on this, and both did very well on what they implemented halfway. 

Now in regards for GTA VI I really don't want to be shot to death every single time I step into a gang area. I know I'm using the taboo among GTA gamers "realism" here, but I think it should be taken strongly taken into consideration. Whilst indeed the 3D era GTAs made certain areas feel dangerous it was still pretty annoying especially in GTA III when members of other gangs would go kamikaze at the drop of a hat.

I do agree with this. However in SA, I was still fine with it, simply because of the nature of the game's theme of intense gang wars over turf. Over the top, but still understandable. I am talking about using the best stuff from the III-era regarding street crime and mixing it with the best the HD era has to offer and bam! A perfect system. 

It should be like in the Assassin's Creed games when going into restricted areas the guards would gradually get more suspicious the longer you hung around. I always thought it was a bit stupid in the 3D era when speeding through gang occupied areas in a car and you'd get shot at like they somehow had a sixth sense to know who you were. Areas should be treated like how some horror games create a wonderful sense of tension with the feeling you could something encounter bad. Sometimes you do. Sometimes you don't.

I hope it goes to the extent that back alleys shouldn't be places to be visited after specific hours. Like imagine walking through a dimly lit back alley and get jumped by some crackheads or something.

I totally agree with this  :^: 

• PaddsterG2k3, Algonquin Assassin, Tlaneloli and 1 other like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

Reading this thread back, it would be very cool if gang agression would be related to a few aspects:

- Player's clothes: Neutral clothes would be mostly ignored, clothes with the color of a rival gang would be met with agression towards the player, fancy clothes would attract muggers.

- Player's car: A common or lower-end car would be mostly neutral, fancy cars would attract more carjackers, police or gang cars would be negative.

- Player's actions: If player is just walking around it would be neutral, player acting like an idiot pointing a gun and stuff would be negative.

- Story: If any missions involved the player attacking said gang, they'd generally act more agressively, could be avoided by wearing a mask in the mission.

This way you had a chance of exploring gang areas without being shot to pieces in seconds.

As for carjackings, maybe a similar system to San Andreas', where a ped would just randomly drag you out of the car. Would also be interesting if you had a random chance to recover your car, either abandoned on a back alley somewhere or at a police station.

As for muggers, GTA IV had a system where you could give money to sax players and hobos, so maybe a system using that would be cool: one or more NPCs would point guns at you, so you had to either press a button to give them $100 or try to fight back.

• Hazzardtohimself, Algonquin Assassin, Official General and 7 others like this

Batman Who Laughs
  • Batman Who Laughs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

Reading this thread back, it would be very cool if gang agression would be related to a few aspects:

- Player's clothes: Neutral clothes would be mostly ignored, clothes with the color of a rival gang would be met with agression towards the player, fancy clothes would attract muggers.

- Player's car: A common or lower-end car would be mostly neutral, fancy cars would attract more carjackers, police or gang cars would be negative.

- Player's actions: If player is just walking around it would be neutral, player acting like an idiot pointing a gun and stuff would be negative.

- Story: If any missions involved the player attacking said gang, they'd generally act more agressively, could be avoided by wearing a mask in the mission.

I actually really lke this idea in trooth!

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:41 PM Edited by anthony, 16 January 2018 - 03:14 PM.

GTA 5 cop car chases are very basic and the worst is that the cops shoot the car right away like some swat team, and because of that, every NPCs on foot and in cars is going apes sh*t every single time, everyone driving like crazy and crashing running over everybody, screaming; a complete mess.

Nah, f*ck that, SA is better.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:12 PM Edited by Official General, 16 January 2018 - 03:14 PM.

GTA 5 cop car chases are very basic and the worst is that the cops shoot the car right away like some swat team, and because of that, every NPCs on foot and in cars is going apes sh*t every single time, everyone driving like crazy and crashing running over everybody, screaming; a complete mess.

Nah, f*ck that.

Exactly, that's were V went so wrong. Had they included normal chase-and-arrest scenarios too, V's dangerous streets feel would easily have surpassed IV's but it did not. A police chase ending in a shootout all the time is just not very realistic, whereas people getting arrested all the time is, I guess that's where IV gets the upper hand in realism stakes. 

Yes, SA had  a lot of police chase-criminals-shootout scenario too, but you still saw police chasing criminals on foot, chasing them in cars without shooting and a bunch of other crimes in the streets. 

• anthony likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:16 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 16 January 2018 - 03:18 PM.

This way you had a chance of exploring gang areas without being shot to pieces in seconds.

As for carjackings, maybe a similar system to San Andreas', where a ped would just randomly drag you out of the car. Would also be interesting if you had a random chance to recover your car, either abandoned on a back alley somewhere or at a police station.

As for muggers, GTA IV had a system where you could give money to sax players and hobos, so maybe a system using that would be cool: one or more NPCs would point guns at you, so you had to either press a button to give them $100 or try to fight back.

This system would be good.If you look like a civilian the criminals would usually ignore you,if you look like a gang member or drive a vehicle that looks like it belongs to a gangster (such as a lowrider in gang colors or a chopper bike with MC logos) rival gangs would attack you (maybe if you look like a member of a neutral gang they could act suspicious about you,but not attack on sight),and if you look rich criminals would try robbing you.

As for dealing with carjackers,they could add the ability to put a tracker on a car or a motorcycle.If a carjacker steals your vehicle,you could track him down before he finds and disables the tracker,find a garage or a chop shop where he plans to strip the vehicle for parts,and take your vehicle back (after beating up or killing the carjacker if he's there).

• Algonquin Assassin and GTK0HLK like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just want street hoods to have other guns besides the pistol, let them ride around with AK's and shotguns like the old days
  • Official General, Shadowfennekin, Maibatsu545 and 1 other like this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

The criminal elements in GTA V felt more like a decoration than an actual, dynamic threat. Whatever happened to the feud between the Families and the Ballas? Did they suddenly forget that they were supposed to be killing each other. Did Merryweather just forget that they could call a hit on Michael or Trevor at any point? Did the Aztecas and the Lost MC really just disappear after one mission? It just feels bland when you don't even feel threatened by the many antagonists that you make throughout the game.

Franklin especially should feel like you're in danger all the time. He is literally one of the most notorious and possibly dangerous members of the Chamberlain Gangster Families (taking into account he was involved with the drug deal at the Recycling Center, the rescue of Lamar Davis at the sawmill and the shootout at Grove Street). At the very least the game could spawn a Ballas car ready to do a drive by on Franklin while he's strolling around Strawberry. 

And before I forget I should mention that the gangs should operate without you. The Lost MC and the Aztecas should still be in an arms race. The Families and the Ballas should still be feuding over control of Grove Street. Just little things to make the game feel less static, and not more "I'm Franklin so as long as I stay in Chamberlain Hills I'm just fine" (Maybe the Ballas suddenly take it over).

• PaddsterG2k3, Algonquin Assassin, Official General and 3 others like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA Ped AI is in dire need of an overhaul. For over a decade now all GTA pedestrians have been are mindless moving mannequins that just walk around aimlessly.
  • Official General, anthony, RedDagger and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA Ped AI is in dire need of an overhaul. For over a decade now all GTA pedestrians have been are mindless moving mannequins that just walk around aimlessly.

Trust me man.

I just miss the days VC and SA when we had to pack steel to keep it real in the battlefield !! 

In the HD era, a gun is simply not that essential outside of missions. Outside of missions, you can walk the streets, live a perfectly normal, mundane life of an average citizen and have no need to lift a finger for fist fight, let alone slash an enemy with a knife or blast them with a gun - it's almost unlikely anyone is gonna bother you enough for a violent response. Just no fun or excitement in that at all. 

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 4 weeks ago.

I'm all for the return of the uncertainty and danger that SA's world had. I think that GTA V, and to a lesser extent GTA IV watered down the randomness and unpredictability of the rampant threat that the 3D era had. GTA IV had a good amount of gangs, hoods, and mobs interacting within the in-game world with gang shootouts, drug deals gone wrong, cops apprehending lowly thugs, and random cop chases, but it really never had that powerful presence like interfering with the player itself . GTA V have it's share of random events, but most of these interactions were scripted like the clothing store mugging. It didn't felt dynamic to the in-game world, but rather artificially interwoven into a scripted event instead. 

In GTA VI, I want to see lengths of intensity together with the dynamic, yet random events happening within the world. It really adds the immersion and realism if we see a natural form of dynamic set of random events, but with the sense of peril to make the world not only feel more alive, but also dangerous. For example, if I'm in a gang infested neighborhood, I expect street thugs to try and scare me away with them showing off their Berettas and Submachine guns to show that they mean serious business. Let the player be part of that threat, make us be part of that experience.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Sleepwalking, 4 weeks ago.

I'd like to believe you two guys are more intelligent than your replies suggest :blink: 

Or maybe English is not your first language and you misread the thread title ? I sure hope it's the latter. 
Just joking

I understand what you mean. Apart from missions and few scripted random events; you feel like you are the only criminal in the whole map. Gangs are exist but they are just chilling all day.

I would like to see random crimes apart from same stupid woman has her walled stolen 16151 time.
  • Official General and DOUGL4S1 like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Piggsy pls, 4 weeks ago.

Absolutely. As dated as GTA III is, one thing it nailed was the atmosphere, the feeling of being in a dark, dangerous city that could f*ck you over at any time. Of course, III was a little overkill in the sense that you basically couldn't go into Portland after the game was finsihed, but I want them to bring back that "oh sh*t" feeling you had when you found yourself wandering into unwelcoming territory without a piece.

As much as I like the HD era, it dropped the ball huge in this area. Bring back the random crime in the streets, drug dealers, pickpockets, carjackers etc. GTA V's "random events" hardly count, hell they aren't even really random. IV and V only really had random police foot chases and car chases, respectively. V was a little bit better than IV in how it handled gang interaction, but not by much.

Instead of V's stupid coding where all peds get triggered by you standing next to them for three seconds, apply that to gang members who are otherwise neutral to you, but don't want a random, shady looking guy in their hood. They should press you, try to rob you etc. Gangs with negative attitudes towards you should harass/shoot you on sight. Gang attacks, drug raids, arms trafficking, alongside story events should effect those attitudes. V only has this with Trevor and The Lost, but they're hardly a threat.

Also, random hits being placed on you! This was something LCS and VCS had that should return. Take something like GTA Online's bounty system and reinvent it for SP. Rob a store, steal a vengeful ped's car, do a gang attack, and get hit with a price on your head. V had Madrazo's hitmen but that was only for a short duration of the story.

There is so much Rockstar could do with the criminal element and AI in their games, I don't understand why they insist on having this boring, braindead AI that just stand there looking pretty, especially when other open-world games are currently crushing theirs in this department.
  • PaddsterG2k3, Official General and GTA-Biker like this

TheRyder
  • TheRyder

Power Of DYOM,Madafaka

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Algeria
  • Best Nuddles and Chicken 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

What if GTA VI was GTA SA Stories?But the worst thing that GTA SAS would have Graphics cuz we in 2018.

Its must be Like 2004 GTA SA(without grapchis)

But!This is impossible,the Next GTA will be in Tokyo or London as I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users