Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you ever wish you were born in a different era?

60 replies to this topic
Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

One thing I can say with absolute honesty is that I'm glad that I was an 80's kid/90's teen. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. 

• aMAYzing likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:12 AM

Hiii femme fatale buddy!! Great topic!

Well tbh I like being born in the very late 90s but I would always like to be born alittle bit earlier in the 90s to get a feel for life in the 90s
  • Femme Fatale likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

I said this to my friends and family in party chats on PSN every few months. I wish I would be born in the early 80's because that era and 90's were dope. I was born in 89 and I sure as hell would love to see stuff first hand in the 80's. Such as TV shows, music artist, movies and classic video games plus eateries. 

Simply_Wasted
  • Simply_Wasted

YOU CHUBBY MUTHAF*CKA!!! -Sherm Head Ryder (1992)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:39 AM Edited by Simply_Wasted, 17 January 2018 - 08:39 AM.

Well born in 88. Had a blast growing up in the 90's. Everything was just grate for me. The fashion, music, the shows on T.V, the f*cking awesome movies they made especially the action ones. It's all just my opinion though.

I guess if i was born in the early 80's i would have experienced 80's music. I did love me some ToTo and some MJ. The fashion was hip as af too :D Regualr jeans, sneakers, and a huge hair mullet lol.
  • Big_Smiley likes this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freeroam Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

I dont know to be honest. Seeing that history is my favorite subject there many places I'd love to travel back to, one of my top destinations being the Titanic, seeing civilizations that disappeared without leaving a trace, and any significant ufo events. I'm always curious about the future of humans and our society. Sadly I probably wont live to see extraterrestrial contact as that one of the few things that really depress me as i get older by the day. 

• THC likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:57 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 19 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.

I think being born in 1950 would be cool (especially if I'd live in America),I'd live my childhood in the 50s and early 60s, teen years in mid to late 60s, and early adulthood in the 70s.Back in those decades there was a lot of great music, cool classic cars, badass 60s/70s chopper bikes (and bobber bikes before them,in the 50s), and from what I've heard everything was cheaper than today,so I think being a teen in the 60s and 20-something in the 70s would be awesome.

• trip and Sanches like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Peon

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:31 PM Edited by Bloodytears1666, 19 January 2018 - 08:31 PM.

Sing with me.

If you're going to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

Gonna meet Jimi and Grace.

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:21 PM Edited by jerryinohio78, 19 January 2018 - 11:25 PM.

Hell yes.

Before manufacturing all went to India,china or the country that should have been destroyed...Russia.

Russia....they work all week for a bottle of vodka.

*edited by a moderator*
  • NeonDolphin likes this

Adrenalist
  • Adrenalist

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

No. Never.

Murdick
  • Murdick

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Murdick, 4 weeks ago.

No. Just a different planet. :) LOL

THC
  • THC

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

f*ck drunk reply
  • Femme Fatale and alkaline_ like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I remain neutral on this subject. Both the past, and present, have their pros and cons, and the present times in the digital age appeal to me slightly more than the past and don't regret having being not born in a different era.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 3 weeks ago.

I think the best places to live in depending on the years are as follows:

1950 - 1975

USA (New York City)

Good economy (except for the oil crisis in 1973-1974), NYC was one of the few cities in the world that had numerous skyscrapers at that time

1976 - 1984

USA (San Francisco)

California, amazing views (especially the mountains by the ocean), NYC was very unsafe at this time

1985 - 1994

Japan

Good economy, high-tech cities and infrastructure, great entertainment, fun place

1995 - 2001

France

Good economy, happy people (especially because France won the 1998 World Cup in France)

2002 - 2015

South Korea

Good economy (recovers from the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis within a year), lively young generation

2016 -

New Zealand

Good economy with the increase in jobs, beautiful and unpolluted nature

• Star-Lord likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

The 1970's, just so i could experience the 80's lol :lol:

blogs-the-feed-45f0a36b1ff248339ffa0425d

• Star-Lord and Femme Fatale like this

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nah, perfectly happy of when I was born and who I've become as of today. Would not want to change anything.

• Laura91 likes this

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Joemoetoe, 3 weeks ago.

I wish I could time travel a couple months back with the knowledge of winning powerball numbers
  • Star-Lord and Femme Fatale like this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Bruce Khansey, 3 weeks ago.

Born in '89.

- "Economically": if I were born 10 years or more before, now it'd be definitely better;

- "Normally": I'd love to be born in 1960, so I could have enjoyed my teen years with the 70s music and my twentys in the 80s. Plus, no internet, phones and stuff, more privacy and freedom in general, although I admit it's pretty comfortable sometimes.

As for the rest it could have been worse, I enjoyed my childhood.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

1986  :pp 

IP2727564THE-BRIGHT-LIGHTS--e13925145013

• Kippers and Star-Lord like this

Kippers
  • Kippers

しようがない

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, I'm certainly aware of all the things I would miss if I lived times gone by such as food/safety/health standards, technology, certain social attitudes etc but for fun, there's some times I would definitely love to time machine back to and experience. 

I've always wanted to walk through New York in the late 70's or early 80's when the place was a lot more grimier. I wish GTA was set in New York during those times sometime in the future. I would love to have experienced some of the Disco era there as well as the rise of the Hip Hop scene, particularly with graffiti and rapping. 

When you buy your ticket for early 80's NY, let me know.  This is exactly the era I was going to say. 

I'd love to just walk around with a boombox on my shoulders with LL's 'Radio' blasting on cassette.  Though '85 might be a couple of years after your visit.

• Star-Lord likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

it's crazy how 90% of graffiti done these days was done better by some kids smoking pcp in a train yard 30 years prior

• Star-Lord likes this

Star-Lord
  • Star-Lord

Freelance Outlaw And A Great Dancer

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

it's crazy how 90% of graffiti done these days was done better by some kids smoking pcp in a train yard 30 years prior

During the early 80's they would also inhale spray paint with the help of a wash cloth or handkerchief which they'd place over their nose. I guess they would get high on that sh*t.

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Just close your Eyes, And picture me Rolling - Makaveli (1996)

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

During the early 80's they would also inhale spray paint with the help of a wash cloth or handkerchief which they'd place over their nose. I guess they would get high on that sh*t.
Haha that's old school at best. Nobody i knew in the ealry 90's did such thing anymore. You still had some huffing glue here and there. But when the hardcore drugs kicked in LA in the late 80's everything changed. You even had few young kids who wanted to try the needle. Was such a big mess in the ghettos.
  • Star-Lord likes this

aMAYzing
  • aMAYzing

CMA

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't wish to be born in a different era. I absolutely enjoyed the 90s.  I loved the music at that time and especially being able to go and play outside w/out fear or paranoia. I missed how fun school was then, too, and how easy it was to go back to school shopping with what you wanted and not the long laundry list the kids get nowadays. 

Can we turn back time? 
  • Algonquin Assassin, Laura91, 刀 and 1 other like this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Every got damn day I do.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Any era that resulted in me dying of old age before the mid-noughties would've suited me fine.

KADENZA
  • KADENZA

侍の精神

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

If I could, I would have chosen 12th-century Japan to fight alongside samurai of the Japanese nobility. My inspiration would be Tomoe Gozen. Beautiful, charming, remarkable strong archer and swords-woman that was worth a thousand man. Equipped with solid armor, an oversized sword and a mighty bow, she was said to ride horses and expertly maneuver them to trudge down cliff sides. Without fear, she would face a demon or a god. Her archery skills made her a legend and one of the bravest Onna-Bugeisha, who has ever lived.

Spoiler

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 2 weeks ago.

I don't wish to be born in a different era. I absolutely enjoyed the 90s.  I loved the music at that time and especially being able to go and play outside w/out fear or paranoia. I missed how fun school was then, too, and how easy it was to go back to school shopping with what you wanted and not the long laundry list the kids get nowadays. 

Can we turn back time?

Generally I just miss what life used to be like before social media. I went to high school from 1998 to 2002 and what a great time it was. I used to be heavily into wresting back then and that was at the peak of the Attitude era. I still remember the Austin 3:16 shirts being extremely popular back then too.

Hard to think 20 years has passed already since that amazing time period. In 20 years Ill be a middle aged old man. f*ck. Someone get a Delorean with a flux capacitor asap.
  • aMAYzing likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nope, don't care for old times.

BöömBäpper
  • BöömBäpper

-

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BöömBäpper, 2 weeks ago.

Yes, sometimes I wish I was born 5 years earlier so i would remember more of the 90s, but then it would mean that I would be older now, so I don't know about that. ...yes and no. Also since im early-mid 90s baby, I do remember mid-late 90s. Plus where i grew up was still feeling like 90s up to 2003 so theres that lol. 

spectre07
  • spectre07

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by spectre07, 2 weeks ago.

Around 1980 - When British Heavy Metal was over the top and hot!.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users