Quantcast

» «
Photo

Help with textures and Skin Selector

Best Answer Ash_735, 14 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

If the model is appearing as white then that means you have the correct TXD name but the game isn't finding the texture inside that TXD, have you made sure the name of the texture the model is using in 3DS is the same as the name of the texture inside the TXD? Go to the full post

12 replies to this topic
Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Hey all, first time posting here. So I rigged a character in 3DS Max and it works like a charm in San Andreas when I replace another dff in the Skin Selector's img file.

However, whenever I import a texture for the txd of the characters I replaced Skin Selector just stops working ingame.

I saved the texture file as 32 bit with no compression.

Here's the weird thing. When I tick the "alpha is used" box then my character works without textures but if I untick it then Skin Selector doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

guru_guru
  • guru_guru

pajaro culiao

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

Are you using TXDWorkshop?
  • guard3 likes this

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Are you using TXDWorkshop?

Yes

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:06 PM Edited by guard3, 13 January 2018 - 05:13 PM.

Here's your problem. Use Magic.TXD and never look back

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:16 PM Edited by Assasinge, 13 January 2018 - 05:19 PM.

Gee thanks.

That's not the point here, I managed to get 2 skins working already but all of a sudden Skin Selector just isn't working anymore with my textures.

Edit: Tried replacing renko.txd with the texture I want to use, then replaced the new txd file with imgtools and my character still shows up as white.

guru_guru
  • guru_guru

pajaro culiao

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

>IMGTool
>TXDWorkshop

This is the point,you are using old ass tools.

Use Modloader, Magic.TXD and this updated version of Skin Selector https://www.mixmods....lector.html?m=1
  • guard3 likes this

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

>IMGTool
>TXDWorkshop

This is the point,you are using old ass tools.

Use Modloader, Magic.TXD and this updated version of Skin Selector https://www.mixmods....lector.html?m=1

Well then what explains my first two skins I worked on working? All of a sudden these tools shouldn't just stop working like that. And my character works just fine, it's just not showing up the textures and remaining white, while my other skins work for some reason. 

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

All of a sudden these tools shouldn't just stop working like that

Or so you think. Have you tried modloader as guru_guru suggested?

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:07 PM Edited by Assasinge, 13 January 2018 - 07:55 PM.

Not yet, I'm not at home atm. But I dont understand how this is suppose to fix my texture problem if my other textures work fine and this doesn't. Leads me to believe it's the texture itself or something wrong I did in Max, no?

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:45 PM Edited by Assasinge, 13 January 2018 - 09:09 PM.

Ok I tried my best to install it and my game keeps crashing.

I downgraded my San Andreas to 1.0, then installed the ASI Loader thing. Then installed Cleo 3, then installed modloader and the asi for it, then installed skin selector (n) by pasting it inside the modloader folder and now my game crashes.

Edit: Ok I got it working. However my model still appears white ingame even after converting my texture to a txd and putting it alongside my model's dff inside of the skin img folder. And my texture is named the same as my model too.

So now what? Is it because of something I didn't to in 3DS Max or something?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:19 AM   Best Answer

If the model is appearing as white then that means you have the correct TXD name but the game isn't finding the texture inside that TXD, have you made sure the name of the texture the model is using in 3DS is the same as the name of the texture inside the TXD?

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

Yes, both my .dff and .txd are the same name yet the model doesn't load my texture as it should ingame and remains white.

Assasinge
  • Assasinge

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:33 AM Edited by Assasinge, 14 January 2018 - 02:12 AM.

Wait the name of the texture...inside my TXD? Shoot. I renamed my texture inside of MagicTXD the same as my dff...

Edit: Thank you so much dude! That was the problem I was having! I incorrectly renamed it inside of TXD Workshop!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users