A good 43 inch 4k with HDR for gaming?

8 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

I am in the market for one and since it will be in a pretty small room I want around that size. Anybody have any suggestions?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

Wouldn't this be better asked in the Technology section?

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

This would fit in the gaming section...maybe a title change to best gaming tv's or something?

I like the LG OLED's. Might be a bit bigger than you need but good contrast and color levels.

https://www.cnet.com...d55b7a/preview/

If anything make sure you get a set with HDR. That makes quite a bit of difference in gaming as you note. The console games are using it more and more these days.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

I have a PS4 Pro and X Box One X so HDR is a must. Does anybody have any experience with this TV? https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:45 AM

I have a PS4 Pro and X Box One X so HDR is a must. Does anybody have any experience with this TV? https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

I don't have any personal experience with this TV but you should consider the in-depth review of it on Rtings.com. While the X800E has good HDR capability, they recommend the X800D from 2016 as an overall better TV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

I don't have any personal experience with this TV but you should consider the in-depth review of it on Rtings.com. While the X800E has good HDR capability, they recommend the X800D from 2016 as an overall better TV.

I saw that but I can only find it used and I don't order used electronics online because it is a gamble. You don't know what you will get. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

I bought a Sony 900E. It is 49 inches but it should look good.

• E•MO•TION likes this

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:57 PM Edited by Fozzy Fozborne, 29 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

The x900E is awesome. I have the 65" version.

Couple of points of note, though:

Keep your HDR devices on HDMI 2&3 (higher bandwidth ports than 1&4).

For your Xbox X make sure you turn the HDMI setting to 'enhanced' on both the console and the port you're connected to. You might also need to manually activate HDR auto (below).

For your PS4 Pro turn on HDMI-CEC so you can control the PS4 with the TV remote. This was defaulted to 'off' on the PS4 for some reason.

On the TV, Discover menu -> picture settings -> advanced -> video options -> 'HDMI video range' is Full and 'HDR' is Auto.

This defaults to 'standard' and 'off' at least when I got mine.

I personally set my color setting to 'cool' and play with the motion settings for a bit.

4K HDR Amazon Prime or Blu Rays with this TV are very impressive.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

I traded it in for a 55 inch 930E. I had it to return it because of some issues so I decided to go a little bigger. My god this tv looks great. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users