Quantcast

» «
Photo

DYOM WORLD CUP

84 replies to this topic

Poll: Intrested (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like this cup to be???

1. Yes (18 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. No (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

3. Maybe (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

4. IDK (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should it be country wise tournament or just Single player.

1. Single . (9 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Country wise. (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Maybe a team. (5 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A week ago

Calm down, we aren't here to fight. There are some rules of discussion. A person presents his opinion, some agree and some don't. Those who don't agree, give another opinion for this that 'this should be like this' and then this continous untill we reach a point where all people are satisfied with some opinion.
I'm not trying to give some pro lecture, thats just the main purpose of this forum. Don't try to act like kids who always start fighting with each other.
  • Jisseikatsu and CrisPK like this

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

I think making WORLD CUP isn't good idea mostly 'cuz of activity... For example from my country there is not much designers here, but take a look at India... There would be a lot of participants from this country only. So someone will have to play vs 2 guys to get to group stage and I'll only need to wait for this. Overall there is no reason to make something like this when in every contest like MOTW we can't have more than 10 participants at same time.

Instead of making new competitions over and over, take a good lesson from all of them and think guys. Inostead of MPOTM, DYOM World Cup etc, just let's make one competition that will contain only good elements of each of them. Let's take a look at my example:

MissionPack in a Month - Whole missionpack would be created by a Team. Every team would contain 2-3 members, Manager, and 2 designers (or 2 designers and one of them would be a manager). Missionpack should contain 4 missions, so 2 for each of designers. There is a lot of reasons why no more missions. So this would take a 2-3 weeks to design MP's and around one week for vote.

Managers - every team would have a Manager, which is guy who don't have to participate in making MP. Just will think about his team story for mission pack and manage whole team. This would give a chance for some old/retrie designers (maybe like Jisseikatsu, Andrej etc.) who stop designing to do something interesting here. ^^

Points - every designer could earn points indivitualy and will be written in ranking. So if Designer X will leave team Y he'll still have his points. Later we can use those points for something like Ranking of best designers/managers etc. 

There is much more ideas that I have about it so if someone is interested I can think about making something like this for community. Just let me know. Cheers ^^

• YasirRFL King likes this

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

If you cant explain it.The You don't understand it.

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Ok buddy! You are right ,I am ending the discussion with Opcode. and I also don't want this Topic to be Off-topic, :)

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I think making WORLD CUP isn't good idea mostly 'cuz of activity... For example from my country there is not much designers here, but take a look at India... There would be a lot of participants from this country only. So someone will have to play vs 2 guys to get to group stage and I'll only need to wait for this. Overall there is no reason to make something like this when in every contest like MOTW we can't have more than 10 participants at same time.

Instead of making new competitions over and over, take a good lesson from all of them and think guys. Inostead of MPOTM, DYOM World Cup etc, just let's make one competition that will contain only good elements of each of them. Let's take a look at my example:

MissionPack in a Month - Whole missionpack would be created by a Team. Every team would contain 2-3 members, Manager, and 2 designers (or 2 designers and one of them would be a manager). Missionpack should contain 4 missions, so 2 for each of designers. There is a lot of reasons why no more missions. So this would take a 2-3 weeks to design MP's and around one week for vote.

Managers - every team would have a Manager, which is guy who don't have to participate in making MP. Just will think about his team story for mission pack and manage whole team. This would give a chance for some old/retrie designers (maybe like Jisseikatsu, Andrej etc.) who stop designing to do something interesting here. ^^

Points - every designer could earn points indivitualy and will be written in ranking. So if Designer X will leave team Y he'll still have his points. Later we can use those points for something like Ranking of best designers/managers etc. 

There is much more ideas that I have about it so if someone is interested I can think about making something like this for community. Just let me know. Cheers ^^

Maybe you're right. There may be problems while representing country.Let the poll decide it to be a team or single persons.
Well you have a nice ideas, Mission pack in month by teams. Thats just what MPOTM is.And maybe you should tell that there,that'll make MPOTM better.
And as this cup is concerned it will still be held, well not nationwide but maybe with singles or teams.

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

I think I never seen team battles in designing so this would be something fresh for the community. ^^ If you want to think about it more seriously I can help you somehow.

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Yeah...

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

It will be some themes like in MOTW?

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I have thought about it. And maybe singles would be the best way to held the contest. Making teams would reduce the number of participants and make the contest smaller and shorter.
When there are single, it will be more easier to held this.Theres a poll though and if team wins then we need to go with teams. So please share what you have thought. We may require your idea later.

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

It will be some themes like in MOTW?

No specific themes.You just have to choose your own theme and make your mission better than your opponents.

Aftab
  • Aftab

Da Paki Guy

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A week ago

The reason I think wc is better than MPOTM is that making an mp isn't an easy task. It requires a proper planning and script writing. And if we really want to make an mp in a month, it willn't be so good. Mission Packs are your masterpiece that require proper planning. Thats all.

Jisseikatsu
  • Jisseikatsu

DYOM Community Manager

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted A week ago

Instead of having boring, generic themes, why not have challenges?

• Danz., Martin_Strada, YasirRFL King and 1 other like this

Martin_Strada
  • Martin_Strada

Yeah...

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

It would be great if would he do that. It's a great option, J.

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Challenges like what ? BTW I have voted for single it's more better to Participate with friends.

Opcode
  • Opcode

Posting Freak

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

If you are going to make it single then it will be kind of rip-off or you can say completely familiar like other existing games right now (FE: MOTW). My suggestion is to lock the topic for a while and then unlock it for editing. With this, we can also avoid from spamming and fights. Take your time and think about it.

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by Chaos17, A week ago.

That would be good, but what kind of challenges???

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by Chaos17, A week ago.

If you are going to make it single then it will be kind of rip-off or you can say completely familiar like other existing games right now (FE: MOTW). My suggestion is to lock the topic for a while and then unlock it for editing. With this, we can also avoid from spamming and fights. Take your time and think about it.

Well, you are the only one fighting, others all are just discussing.And you seem to oppose all ideas.So if you don't like it, then please let others decide.I don't want to argue with you anymore.

Opcode
  • Opcode

Posting Freak

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

My point is just like Pledge of Chaos. I'm just saying to edit the topic and think about it. Don't know who is giving you these wrong ideas.

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Edited

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Now,It is looking great.I hope it will not be oppose. BTW What kind of challenges, PoC?

Opcode
  • Opcode

Posting Freak

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Opcode, A week ago.

Now it looks Good. I was just saying this and you guys disputing and arguing "You are a moderator!" "Oppose ideas" etc. Anyway, Goodluck

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

We need more members

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

We have enough members.

Huzaifa khan
  • Huzaifa khan

♠♠The Gangsta‘♠♠

• Members
  • Pakistan
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2016 [Code Of Silence]

Posted A week ago

Wow, Dyom cup. I'm ready!  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :^:

• DeAdLy PyThOn likes this

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

• Members
  • India

Posted 6 days ago

Awesome! The legend is also ready! ;)

Jisseikatsu
  • Jisseikatsu

DYOM Community Manager

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 6 days ago

i.e.

-Objectives limitations
-Building a specific thing with limited objects
-Following a script and doing it your own way

-No use of a specific thing (cutscene, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
-Not touching the ground
-Etc.

• DeAdLy PyThOn, Martin_Strada, YasirRFL King and 1 other like this

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Chaos17, 6 days ago.

i.e.
-Objectives limitations
-Building a specific thing with limited objects
-Following a script and doing it your own way
-No use of a specific thing (cutscene, weapons, vehicles, etc.)
-Not touching the ground
-Etc.

I'll update about challenges

Later: Edited and also added the themem song.

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members
  • India

Posted 5 days ago

So 16 players finally.

NuddlesKing
  • NuddlesKing

Support DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Algeria
  • Best Nuddles and Chicken 2017

Posted 4 days ago

No Shooting?This Looks like DYOM contest 10. Please edit that there will be shooting for action.

CrisPK
  • CrisPK

Standalone Shadow

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 days ago

No Shooting?This Looks like DYOM contest 10. Please edit that there will be shooting for action.

Challenges MAY INCLUDE. So it's not 100% sure you will get a challenge without shooting, it's one of many.

The Half-Blood Prince
  • The Half-Blood Prince

THBP

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 days ago

I want to be the referee. 

• Jisseikatsu and Chaos17 like this

Chaos17
  • Chaos17

Direct From Hell

• Members