15 replies to this topic
Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, but what actually happens when someone kills you and steals your IE Cargo and you switch session before they can deliver it? Or what happens during Hostile Takeover if someone grabs the bag and you exit session immediately?

I know this has happened to me, or at least the "VIP Work over - CEO quit the session"-message (or something along those lines), and as I remember it I may have gotten like 1-2k instead of the 16-17k from Hostile Takeover? And the IE car stops and starts burning, right?

So if you really want your attacker to not gain too much from attacking you, the solution could be to just Find new session immediately? 

Not proposing anything really, just throwing it out there.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Just play in solo public if you can't stand losing...

• BLACK DYNAM1TE, chef_archie and KWF1981 like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

I agree, but this isn't about me. I just want to know the numbers if anyone's got em, because to me it seems that people would do this more often if it means that the aggressor doesn't really make any cash from the theft.

I don't know. It just struck me the other day that it's possible. Of course I don't see it as practical to jump session each time someone comes to rob me. But a lot of players seem so mad with this game's encouraging of PvP and players stealing each other's stuff, I figured this would be used by pretty much everyone. It's like that Blonded radio talk "If I can't have it, no one can. Now you're blind, dummy."

• IamCourtney likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

CEO jobs like Hostile Takeover, etc immediately end if the hosting CEO of the job leaves the session, with no $ to anyone.

As for I/E, no idea.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I had somebody do it to me the other day actually, I was about to blow up their prison bus while they were running Jailbreak, they left the session before I could and I got nothing. Maybe closing the application gives different results since the game has no way of knowing this is happening, whereas if you just find a new session it might be able to give you that small $1-2k consolation prize?

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

So if you really want your attacker to not gain too much from attacking you, the solution could be to just Find new session immediately?

The solution could be - getting better at VIP work and completing it faster than anyone would even get an idea of attacking you.

For example, Hostile Takeover can be completed under 2 minutes.

In my opinion being fast is the best defence. The general casual player is tooooo daaamn sloooow to do anything to you if you get used to complete the job at the speed of light.

As for I/E just call the CEO buzzard and blow up the car so they can't store it. But speed can also prevent.

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

The solution could be - getting better at VIP work and completing it faster than anyone would even get an idea of attacking you.
For example, Hostile Takeover can be completed under 2 minutes.

In my opinion being fast is the best defence. The general casual player is tooooo daaamn sloooow to do anything to you if you get used to complete the job at the speed of light.

As for I/E just call the CEO buzzard and blow up the car so they can't store it. But speed can also prevent.

True, most of the time being fast is the best defence. Quitting a session can’t be considered ”defensive” at all, but; if someone has gone through the effort of going ghost org or off the radar, and follow me across the whole map to steal my cargo (which some, to my surprise, feel is a good way to spend the time), and then deny them the joy of acquiring said cargo for themselves... Wouldn’t that make most tryhards wanna throw their controllers out the window?

I’m NOT saying this should be used as a strategy, and I KNOW that if you’re fast, good at the game, use a chopper yadayadayada, none of this is really a problem. But that’s not the point.

Thanks for the bit of info so far though, everyone.

No Homing
  • No Homing

QoQ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

You can still deliver Vehicle Cargo, Crates and Heist Prep Equipment when the rival player has left.

Most players don't try properly to get it back. A lot of them leave quickly.
Or they chase me but get killed by my mines or stickies, if they get too close.

I have had fails, though.
One time I got killed by a driveby. I blew him up a split second later but I respawned far away and he spawned nearby the car.

I think most players don't know that leaving isn't the way to stop me from delivering it.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Vehicle cargo sometimes survives... sometimes not.

You have a timer to deliver air frieght too after they leave, two minutes. So basically depending where you are, you'll need  to summon an Buzzard to get there on time

No Homing
  • No Homing

QoQ

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

3 minutes.

2 minutes if their time ran out after you took it from them.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by Hécate-II, A week ago.

Hostile Takeover - Altruist Camp is probably the easiest job to complete, that part of the map is often low populated. Zancudo variation is beyond stupid, while Merryweather one is too long, peoples in the session will figure out you're doing something there. 

LSIA variation is balanced, not hard to grab the case, but you may have to fly over the most populated areas of the map.

-Vehicle Cargo should stay even if the CEO leaves, several times, due to session splits, I'd to deliver the car to scrapyard instead to the drop off(because of the session split...). 

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by BLACK DYNAM1TE, A week ago.

OP the events in Freemode are for competitive purposes only. You can't participate if you're not anticipating taking a loss it is never anything personal just how GTA Online works. Once you become a target there are 29 other players who may or may not give a f*ck on interfering with what you are doing, this is the risk and opportunity that comes with while working in Freemode.

If you want absolute guarantee victories? You are also able to launch contact missions from Simeon, Lester, etc...  which are pretty much the same as doing VIP/CEO/MC work because they are the exact same missions, but can be launched and done privately. 

JohnMarston_73
  • JohnMarston_73

The Man from Blackwater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If you know that someones attempting to steal your car. What happens if you purposefully damage the car so much like above $20k? Does the thief pay for the repair? 🤣😂

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

ofc they do pay for repairs, their warehouse acts like they started normal source mission 

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Place a sticky bomb on the car. Just in case.
  • JohnMarston_73 likes this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Quitting a session solely to avoid losing is a bit weak imo.

There are times it makes sense though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users