why was trevor raping floyd not seen as controversal

14 replies to this topic
babanigGARdo
  • babanigGARdo

the lord of morons

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

sometimes if u cut back to trevor he is in a suggestive position with floyd which makes it seem like he sexually assaulted him

this was confirmed by the developers that he was raping him

i find it very strange that nobody complained considering if it was woman he was raping there would be an outrage

hell they even banned this game from target cause of apparently encouraging ppl to murder women

in this sjw society we live in it would be called homophobic to say a gay man raping u is wrong

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

☠ Soldier ☠

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago Edited by Jesucristo, A week ago.

Double standards. That's why. Anyway, nobody takes seriously the GTA things. Too many politically incorrect things. That's why everyone likes it so much.

• R4gN0r0K likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Deadman2112, A week ago.

What???

When does this take place?

I think your adding a lot of assumptions simply because he is seen spooning with him???

..but that doesnt surprise me, people see one little thing on TV and make all kinds of assumptions with out proof of an act.
Congratulations, you're officially like the rest of the sheep

I think T is doing this as a means of terrorizing him, not rape.
  • JoeMamma81 likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Floyd and his girlfriend are so annoying that I never care about them and their fate.

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Because its only implied not shown explicitly.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

WHAT? I never heard them say that. Link?

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Deadman2112, 6 days ago.

Because its only implied not shown explicitly.

I disagree...
Its implied during the random event where the player is tazed and then wakes to find themselves on the train tracks wearing only a pair of underwear. and that is also supported by the last few words the player hears just before the screen goes black.

Neither T nor Floyd have clothing removed, and nothing that would indicate rape. Sadly, I can't say the same for Mr Raspberry Jam.
It's a simple case of people reaching in a desperate attempt to see something that is simple not there, and never was.
Nor is there any dialogue that would suggest that Trevor was raping him

Top that off with...
If you stand by him after he gets out of the bed and listen to Floyd, he sounds like a man who is completely terrorized, rambling things to himself, even sobbing.

Terrorized.
Not raped.

Terrorized, the same way that he terrorizes Ron.
Ron is so browbeaten by Trevor that if you walk up and have a conversation with him while playing as Trevor, he insults him and Ron just goes along with it and agrees.

If you play the hangar missions in GTAO and fail, Ron calls you up and says "I'm sorry it must have been my fault somehow". When it was obviously the players fault.
All of this is a direct result of Trevor's treatment of him, and the same can be seen in Floyd.

Trevor seems to use the fear he instills on people to his advantage

Progeekzy
  • Progeekzy

Expediter Of Getaways

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

First of all, Trevor is not gay. According to his life invader page, "any hole is a goal" So hes a.....global sexual. 

Second, as stated above, there is implied assault. Not even implied rape. I feel like you are twisting the situation into something its not, then being offended by the situation you have twisted it into. And thats on you. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

He's a globosexual.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 6 days ago

WHAT? I never heard them say that. Link?

Yep. Until then I'll regard it as fake news.
  • Yinepi likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Deadman2112, 6 days ago.

First of all, Trevor is not gay. According to his life invader page, "any hole is a goal" So hes a.....global sexual.

Right. That list even includes Mr. Raspberry Jams eyehole lol

You can actually interact with him, LOL. Has to be one of the oddest things I've ever seen in a video game

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

This game came out a little bit before the SJW thing really got out of hand. If this game out today it would get raked over the coals.

• Journey_95 likes this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 5 days ago

I think people were a more concerned with the literal torture scene in "By The Book" (despite the satirical reasons behind it) then a rumour that Trevor was raping Wade's cousin. I personally wanna hear more about Rockstar confirming it.

Besides, Trevor repeatedly told Floyd that he would build his self-esteem up, along those lines. Knowing that Trevor is quite literal - psychopathic, yes, but literal - that would completely eradicate any intention of raping him.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Yinepi, 5 days ago.

sometimes if u cut back to trevor he is in a suggestive position with floyd which makes it seem like he sexually assaulted him

i find it very strange that nobody complained considering if it was woman he was raping there would be an outrage

hell they even banned this game from target cause of apparently encouraging ppl to murder women

in this sjw society we live in it would be called homophobic to say a gay man raping u is wrong

I'm not sure what society you live in, but modern western culture trend indicates that it would likely be against rape, regardless of sexuality.

Also, where is the proof of this rape? It is implied in the story that Trevor wants to toughen Floyd up. Likely this scenario you describe is not about sexual thrills, but about dominance and inciting fear into Floyd, which is not an uncommon behavior of Trevor to do to his subordinates. That in turn makes it less surprising and less likely to grab peoples attention as being unusual.

Right. That list even includes Mr. Raspberry Jams eyehole lol

You can actually interact with him, LOL. Has to be one of the oddest things I've ever seen in a video game

You should try Skyrim with sex mods. There is a lot of weird stuff out there. Much more controversial/taboo stuff too.

This game came out a little bit before the SJW thing really got out of hand. If this game out today it would get raked over the coals.

It got out of hand in 2007/2008ish. Which was when it started becoming a thing. But like most popular things, this SJW is just a current-culture fad that will either eventually go away from the mainstream culture in ten years like checkered canvas shoes and Nu metal/Emo-rock music. Or, if it doesn't go away entirely from pop culture, it will get infused with future culture and become a hybrid-culture which will go on to define the 2020's. The latter is the most likely scenario.

• Deadman2112 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 days ago

Some people did see it as controversial.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users