A problem with the physics...

18 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I have come to the unfortunate realization of something to do with GTA IV's Euphoria physics.

I AM USED TO THEM!

Can you believe it? When I first played the game I was amazed by the realistic physics, but now I've been playing the game so much that I'm used to them!

I still love the physics, but I can't get amazed anymore :( 

What about you guys?

• anthony likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, A week ago.

I still think theyre amazing. Especially compared to some newer games. GTA IV was so ahead of its time in the physics department it still impresses me even today.

I mean Im used to them also, but without a doubt the best physics in an open world game, period.
  • anthony, Misunderstood, Mr_Rager and 2 others like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I still think theyre amazing. Especially compared to some newer games. GTA IV was so ahead of its time in the physics department it still impresses me even today.

I mean Im used to them also, but without a doubt the best physics in an open world game, period.

Yep, along with Mafia 2. Man i miss playing those games.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Misunderstood, Mr_Rager and 1 other like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

As far as I know, there is no recent games with physics like that...

GTA 4, MP3, RDR, Star Wars FU, ??

Euphoria is f*cking gold, especially when it is properly *cough GTA 5 cough* configured. Too bad there is almost nobody who is using it..

From what I read on the net, it's expensive and people need to come over from euphoria to work on it; a shame, still for me I would definitely say it is worth it to pay for it.
  • rampage08 likes this

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by HigorSM, A week ago.

I got used to them too, wouldn't expect any different after playing hundreds of hours of the game. I start to appreciate them more after playing other games where the reaction to shots and falls from high places is just a boring animation or non-active ragdoll, I wish more games used these active ragdolls like euphoria, they make the characters look much more human and believable than photo-realistic graphics in my opinion.

• anthony likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

@rampage 08 Mafia 2's driving physics sucked ass! The shooting mechanics were OK, but the driving in that game sucked, I dunno what you're talking about.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

GTA IV's physics still holds up so well these days. Even after 10 years I find it hard to find a game that has a physics model just as good as IV. It's not completely realistic, but it is extremely satisfying especially when mowing pedestrians with a car. 

• anthony and Misunderstood like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

The Cord

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

@rampage 08 Mafia 2's driving physics sucked ass! The shooting mechanics were OK, but the driving in that game sucked, I dunno what you're talking about.

I thought the driving was good in Mafia II, it was more accurate to the times than it needed to be. Mafia I was the same way, wide ass turning radius and no acceleration lmao.
  • Mega and rampage08 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

Mafia 2 driving was great, I dunno how the hell driving in Mafia could ever suck lol.

• SchizNitz, Mega, rampage08 and 3 others like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, A week ago.

Mafia 2 driving was great, I dunno how the hell driving in Mafia could ever suck lol.

Mafia 2's physics were fantastic, especially in Simulation mode. Cars actually for once in a non-racing title. quite hard to drive and to master efficiently. I liked it better than GTA IV's (kill me), but that is just my opinion. I just wished it had wheel support. However, the crash physics and deformation isn't great compared to GTA IV though.

• SchizNitz, Mega, rampage08 and 1 other like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Mafia 2's physics were fantastic, especially in Simulation mode. Cars actually for once in a non-racing title. quite hard to drive and to master efficiently. I liked it better than GTA IV's (kill me), but that is just my opinion. I just wished it had wheel support. However, the crash physics and deformation isn't great compared to GTA IV though.

Call me a pussy, but I always used Arcade mode. In my playthrough of Joe's Adevntures though I'm gonna play in Simulation.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

All the Mafia games have really great driving, but being period piece they only replicate the cars of the time. What makes GTA IV more impressive to me is it covers many vehicles from different eras and classes.:)

• SchizNitz and rampage08 like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by rampage08, A week ago.

It was pretty acurate for cars on that era. It doesn't feel like a racing game but it feels satisfying driving the cars there.

I like that intense feeling in the car chases,feels like walking on a rope, especially after a jump lol

All the Mafia games have really great driving, but being period piece they only replicate the cars of the time. What makes GTA IV more impressive to me is it covers many vehicles from different eras and classes.:)
I haven't played Mafia 3, does the cars handle like in the 70s ? Or are they more arcadey. From what i see in the gameplay videos, it looks a bit over the top when the cars flip.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

From what I’ve played the physics are very similar to the first couple games. You have the option of normal and simulation and the cars feel weight with understeer/oversteer.
  • Mr_Rager likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well driving in Mafia The City Of Lost Heaven sucks ass. Period. 

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Off the subject lol but have you played Mafia 3? The driving is worse in that then Mafia II so i would pick Mafia 2 or 1  any day.

Gta IV's physics are the best in the series imo i really enjoyed how realistic it was .

• rampage08 likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by rampage08, A week ago.

Off the subject lol but have you played Mafia 3? The driving is worse in that then Mafia II so i would pick Mafia 2 or 1  any day.

Gta IV's physics are the best in the series imo i really enjoyed how realistic it was .
No i haven't, my PC is still dead and i'm not interested in buying PS4 or Xbone, also not interested in the game too lol.

Yeah i don't like the look of it so i'm guessing it doesn't handle good too (IF i had to guess).

Well duh, the cars were REALLY old, it was like what, the 20s? Doubt the cars from that era are that exciting compared to now lol

From what Ive played the physics are very similar to the first couple games. You have the option of normal and simulation and the cars feel weight with understeer/oversteer.

Interesting... Might have to try it if a friend buy the game lol

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well duh, the cars were REALLY old, it was like what, the 20s? Doubt the cars from that era are that exciting compared to now lol

1930-1938

• jaljax likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

1930-1938
My point still stands.

Anywho, i have to admit that i've tweaked IV car handling in the past to make it less "boaty", and i love it. Vanilla IV handling would see cars scraping their body on every hard turn, tighten it a bit would make it perfect imo, V one is too f*cking tight.
  • jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users