Hunter or Akula?

61 replies to this topic
HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

The Hunter is for hunting. It does not let up. In a Hunter, you search and you destroy. It is a primal thing. It kills and it kills and it kills. There is no thought required, just bloodlust. It is pure emotion.

The Akula is for stalking. In an Akula, you must be cold. You must be patient. It is the scalpel to the Hunter's hammer. You choose your moment and you make a single pass, revealing yourself only once you are upon your enemy. It is a clinical sort of killing machine.
  • Mattoropael, Cutter De Blanc, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

Snipe_McHeadshot
  • Snipe_McHeadshot

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:17 PM Edited by Snipe_McHeadshot, 10 January 2018 - 04:18 PM.

Both have different uses. In a one on one fight, the Hunter will win 99% of the time. The Akula will need to get lucky to kill it in any way other than a sneak attack.

Again, who attempts to do anything other than stealth attack in an Akula??

I love them both and I would never bother to try straight-up dueling a Hunter. But if I'm in a lobby in my Akula and there's a Hunter and I feel like killing the guy, make no mistake, I'll take him down and I'll do it easily. 

OP should post his primary objective/things he enjoys doing. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:24 PM Edited by elfoam, 10 January 2018 - 04:25 PM.

The Hunter is an attack helicopter. If you're going to be doing a lot of sustained fights and attacking, the Hunter is by far the best vehicle.

The Akula is a stealth helicopter. If you want to fly in, get a kill, and then fly away, get this.

Both have different uses. In a one on one fight, the Hunter will win 99% of the time. The Akula will need to get lucky to kill it in any way other than a sneak attack.

Dunno about 99% I've killed a couple of hunters and been shot down by one once but he didn't kill me. He was off radar btw so I had no clue he was around, otherwise he would have been already dead :p

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

OP should post his primary objective/things he enjoys doing. 

This really is the key bit of info needed to base a recommendation on.

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

As so many have said they both have their uses. You wanna some full fledge firpower then the Hunter is for you. 

Go for the Akula if you love speed, stealth and surprise. Just be warnind though if you're caught in the Akula you might as well kill yourself like this guy in the video. 

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Hustler

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

The Hunter is for hunting. It does not let up. In a Hunter, you search and you destroy. It is a primal thing. It kills and it kills and it kills. There is no thought required, just bloodlust. It is pure emotion.

The Akula is for stalking. In an Akula, you must be cold. You must be patient. It is the scalpel to the Hunter's hammer. You choose your moment and you make a single pass, revealing yourself only once you are upon your enemy. It is a clinical sort of killing machine.

Brilliant! :^:

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Hunter doesn't have a purpose.
Buy the Akula. I've never had so much fun with an aircraft. The stealth mode is great for perma-hiding when tryhards are about. Wait for the perfect moment and BAM! Got em!

*Has the best firepower among vehicles and is faster than a jet* Yeah totally useless.

Can't use all the weapons if you're a lone wolf though.

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

Can I has testarossa now? Countach too?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

If u usually lone wolf it, akula. If you usually have a partner, I lean more toward hunter.

Other day I had situation with griefer, he was not stupid and would stay out of vehicles till the right time, then beeline to a lazer.

In this situation, since I was trying to suppress him and keep him from killing a couple other players, stealth was less helpful since I needed to be in the area and keep weapons hot. I couldnt really hide and wait.

Swapped akula for hunter, got a passenger on the explosive canon and we spawn trapped him just outside zancudo.

Akula- easy kills, harassment and evasion.

Hunter- brute force and countermeasures for tougher enemies.
  • Asian_Apache likes this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Hunter doesn't have a purpose.
Buy the Akula. I've never had so much fun with an aircraft. The stealth mode is great for perma-hiding when tryhards are about. Wait for the perfect moment and BAM! Got em!

*Has the best firepower among vehicles and is faster than a jet* Yeah totally useless.

Can't use all the weapons if you're a lone wolf though.
You can't do that with Akula either

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

In fairness, akula secondary is a paintball gun
  • Cutter De Blanc, IamCourtney, MeisterJazz and 1 other like this

rockstar legend
  • rockstar legend

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

akula over hunter any day of the week , being invisible is priceless in los santos

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

Hunter.

I can see the Akulas coming from a mile away when I'm flying around so no sneak attacks. I can easily do a 180 and barrage it (landing at least 1 rocket) and then spam homing missiles while it is off balance. I only had one Akula take me out in my Hunter and that was while I was attacking a jet. 

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:46 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 11 January 2018 - 01:08 AM.

The Hunter is an armored & countermeasured version of the combined perks of the Savage & Valkyrie.

It can spam rockets yet have solid co-pilot gunning support.

The Akula is superior downright, although you can only have homing or barrage rockets, fact of the matter is the stealth gives it a massive advantage.

I'm going by a vs concept of equally skilled pilots in both helicopters.

If you are "pro" at using the barrage on the Hunter, or claim to be able to spot any Akula all the time....good for you, sounds like you've gone against novice pilots.

Let's not forget 3+ wanted stars or higher automatically drop to 2 stars when you activate the Akula's stealth ability.

It's fantastic to get police helicopters off your back continuously if you plan to stay in a hot zone for a decent amount of time.

• FrozenDanCicle likes this

Snipe_McHeadshot
  • Snipe_McHeadshot

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Hunter.

I can see the Akulas coming from a mile away when I'm flying around so no sneak attacks. I can easily do a 180 and barrage it (landing at least 1 rocket) and then spam homing missiles while it is off balance. I only had one Akula take me out in my Hunter and that was while I was attacking a jet. 

And let me guess, you can dodge Orbital Cannons, too. 

• Foreverpast, elfoam, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

FrozenDanCicle
  • FrozenDanCicle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

If u choose akula, you do stick out against the horizon, so fly low when sneaking up on another armed heli.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

Buy the Hunter first then save up for the Akula. Trust me.. no collection is complete without her majesty the Hunter  :lol:

p.s. once you have both considering buying the Savage as well, one of the sexiest air tank ever!

• Happy Hunter likes this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:15 AM Edited by The First Hunter, 11 January 2018 - 12:18 AM.

Buy the Hunter first then save up for the Akula. Trust me.. no collection is complete without her majesty the Hunter  :lol:

p.s. once you have both considering buying the Savage as well, one of the sexiest air tank ever!

Savage would've been my favorite if it could take one more explosive.
That explosive cannon is just so good.
  • Happy Hunter and xwinkx_girlYakuza like this

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:33 AM Edited by RedDagger, 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM. removed flaming

Hunter.

And let me guess, you can dodge Orbital Cannons, too.

No you fly high and look behind every once in a while. It's not very difficult to take out akulas anyway, without countermeasures they have difficulty dodging missiles and I run chaff so they can't lock on to me.

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

I would've loved Akula if it had retractable rocket pods just like Comanche.
The added wings ruin this heli's sleek design :/

Not to mention it goes completely against the stelth design of the helicopter. Realisticly it would compromise it.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

I like it much better with weapon wings. Without them it looks less like a shark and more like a flying sardine, especially in stealth mode. The Buzzard has a similar design in that once you remove the weapon pods it becomes a comical, awkward little babybird version of itself.

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:22 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 12 January 2018 - 02:23 PM.

^ yeah the pods balance out the fat body imo. 

as for "realistic stealth" you'd show up like a flare gun the first time you tip the rotor disc more than 5deg...

• IamCourtney likes this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

Different tools for different situations.
A hammer is not better than a screwdriver.

Akula is wonderful for solo work in freeroam : stealth, speed, ... It's great to stay under the radar.
Hunter is wonderful for PvP and PvE especially when you are with a friend.
  • Gridl0k and IamCourtney like this

theEwing1979
  • theEwing1979

Street Cat

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

The Akula is my favourite griefing toy.

"Oh, you trying to make some money?" "Not in my session, son".

Then comes the rage and tears and comments about having sexual relations with my mother.

Mattoropael
  • Mattoropael

Proud Killer of Rate The Car Above You

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:31 PM Edited by Mattoropael, 14 January 2018 - 12:32 PM.

It depends on your mentality.

I'm a lonewolf: (Everything below assume you have friends)

Akula might be be more effective overall since you have access to all features that matter, while the Hunter has a very powerful co-pilot gun.

I like to make surgical hit-and-run attacks, and I don't mind doing a lot of thinking for one kill:

Akula. While its arsenal is weaker and lacks countermeasures, the on-demand Off Radar feature is very useful if you're this kind of person. Keep in mind that flying two Akulas will be more effective than two person sitting in one Akula - only the pilot's stuff matter.

I like to blast my way into parties and blow everything up:

Hunter. Countermeasures, explosive cannon, seekers and unguided barrage rockets, a menacing presence, it's hard to do better for a "loud" option, unless...

I want every motherf*cker on the ground dead, and get away with it:

Avenger. It's Insurgent-tough, it's fast, and it has excellent cannons with great range, rate of fire and damage. Short of an orbital strike or a jet fighter on your tail (or the dreaded "1 explosion kills it" bug), you aren't going to die unless you're acting exceptionally stupid. No cheesing Passive Mode on this one, but it isn't like you'll need it.

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:20 PM Edited by The First Hunter, 14 January 2018 - 01:24 PM.

It depends on your mentality.

I'm a lonewolf: (Everything below assume you have friends)
Akula might be be more effective overall since you have access to all features that matter, while the Hunter has a very powerful co-pilot gun.

I like to make surgical hit-and-run attacks, and I don't mind doing a lot of thinking for one kill:
Akula. While its arsenal is weaker and lacks countermeasures, the on-demand Off Radar feature is very useful if you're this kind of person. Keep in mind that flying two Akulas will be more effective than two person sitting in one Akula - only the pilot's stuff matter.

I like to blast my way into parties and blow everything up:
Hunter. Countermeasures, explosive cannon, seekers and unguided barrage rockets, a menacing presence, it's hard to do better for a "loud" option, unless...

I want every motherf*cker on the ground dead, and get away with it:
Avenger. It's Insurgent-tough, it's fast, and it has excellent cannons with great range, rate of fire and damage. Short of an orbital strike or a jet fighter on your tail (or the dreaded "1 explosion kills it" bug), you aren't going to die unless you're acting exceptionally stupid. No cheesing Passive Mode on this one, but it isn't like you'll need it.

Honestly with Hunter it's not like you're losing something without a copilot but gaining something with one.
  • IamCourtney likes this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

How about you buy both.What a novel idea, this game is going on 6 years old, you can't tell me that you can't afford to🤔

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Why do all of these attack helicopters smoke and break down so damn easily?

Also, how effective are the mini guns on the Akula?

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Why do all of these attack helicopters smoke and break down so damn easily?

Also, how effective are the mini guns on the Akula?

Helis are really weak to bullets because R* Logic.
Garbage. Like ruiner 2k guns level

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Homeboy

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Pure visually, the damn UNretracteable landinggear of the Hunter pisses me off bigtime... It would be a great helicopter in the visual department, should the landing gear be retracteable.. But as it is right now, it looks like a mess.

The akula is a damn piece of beauty..

I own both. I only use Akula from time to time due to the sneakfactor.. The Hunter I never use...

But they bot pale in comparison to the heli I use ALL the time.. THE most essential must-have in the game:: Da Buzz... :-)

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Pure visually, the damn UNretracteable landinggear of the Hunter pisses me off bigtime... It would be a great helicopter in the visual department, should the landing gear be retracteable.. But as it is right now, it looks like a mess.

The akula is a damn piece of beauty..

I own both. I only use Akula from time to time due to the sneakfactor.. The Hunter I never use...

But they bot pale in comparison to the heli I use ALL the time.. THE most essential must-have in the game:: Da Buzz... :-)

Not gonna lie, those landing gear annoy the hell outta me too!
But damn that engine sound <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users