no more enjoying life simulation games

11 replies to this topic
Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

For best franchise like the sims series, I was playing many hours for creating house, characters, do jobs and etc. Now I am growing up, I must find my own needs. I am enjoying my real life rather than video games. Do you feel the same as what I feel right now?

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homeboy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Afghanistan

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

No. 

I played WoW a few years ago for 4 months and gave it up.   Deleted and snapped the discs in half.   Four months of my life gone and I paid for the pleasure.  Apart from that hiccup I play moderately (2-6hrs a week) and hope to continue until I can't (insert medical/financial reason here).    

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

It's hard to enjoy my real life now. Video games are good distraction.

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

I think I am fit with action games or unrealistic games. I mean, why did you play video games with feature things you can do in real life. Sometimes I am bored with gta after stories end. I need to change my perspective so I can enjoy playing video games again

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:25 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 09 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

For best franchise like the sims series, I was playing many hours for creating house, characters, do jobs and etc. Now I am growing up, I must find my own needs. I am enjoying my real life rather than video games. Do you feel the same as what I feel right now?

what does growing up got to do with video games? can't you be responsible with more than one thing at a time ?

simulators only for racing in VR, but i do enjoy all sort of games

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

I'm at the point where I try to roleplay in Just Cause 2.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:44 AM Edited by Edward Nashton, 10 January 2018 - 01:52 AM.

I'm kinda there with you, OP. Back when I was a kid and the first Sims came out, it blew my mind, then the sequel came out and that one was more sophisticated and let you play from the cradle to the grave, it impressed the hell out me. Then I grew up and when The Sims 3 came out in 2009, I thought "why on god's green earth would I want to play a game where I have to work a 9-5 job, pay my bills, and struggle to have a social life? I'm actually living that right now! f*ck that, back to Arkham Asylum it is."

Incidentally, I do own the Sims 4 - I got it on sale because I did want to revisit the series. I don't play it like I did as kid, though, where I was completely immersed and invested in my family, I just put it on once in a blue moon when I want to catch up on some podcasts and I don't want to be staring at a wall the entire time, it's just a mindless little time-sink to me now.

DuduLima
  • DuduLima

Street Racer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

Well ... 2 things can be considered as faults/why ...

The first one it is about growing up, genre and taste changes, the sims still a enjoyable and interesting life simulation game, but man ... same things for years .... usually leave some people at a dead-end, when they look at that thing and they say/think about how pointless that thing is .... it's over, don't even think to play for a while, you will always get at the same dead-end having no satisfaction, but ...

Vocation and desire can be applied to games, man i'm not old, but i see the desire to play something it's not like it was in the past and i mean ... this can be applied for a good majority of people which play videogames by now (in special people from the older generation of gaming)  and we know the second part of the fault/why ... it is the standard model of business in the game industry nowadays, they killed part of our desire, people still find games interesting, but they lose interest quickly than before, they don't have the same desire to play, the newer generation will see and think like you at some point.

The tecnology, lore, and possibilities (all in one) ... these things are the ones which usually gets the attention and desire of the gamer/player, but ... we are at a point than we are seeing fewer games that have these things, man it is the model of the actual gaming experience and worst ... the solution to this aka the evolution of the gaming experience will be a slow one.

We are only now seeing the start of the VR, still "imperfect" and expensive, but in a future .... i expect this plus the acessibility to everyone to make the gaming experience a more enjoyable thing.

By now .... it is always a mix of these two parts.

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:37 AM

Yes and no. While it's true I game less and rather save money than buying a video games lately, I'm actually still playing video games more than I used to when I was schooling, which was very restrictive.

If you ask me whether I can completely drown myself in excitement when playing video game right now, then the answer is 'no'. I may be having fun, but my mind would be at somewhere else while playing which sometimes will even kill the mood. This shows mostly during co-op session; when others can still laugh out loud, I usually would just smile now and say something at the funny happening to fuel the laughter even more or even fake a short laugh with it.

Still though, due to the fairly lower sales price in my country, currently gaming is the cheapest, healthier, and most effective entertainment solution I can get. 

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

I’m at the stage of my gaming life where the only games I seem to enjoy/finish are the ones that take themselves seriously. The days of blowing up for the lolz are long gone for me.

I need a strong narrative and cast to suck me in. Doesn’t matter what genre it is.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:01 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 10 January 2018 - 01:03 PM.

I can see why creating order and being good at it in games like the Sims or Cities can be satisfying, especially if our own lives are bit hectic and less controllable. Videogames are an escapism. It's a time we want to be amused and to interact, problem-solve, win and achieve. Recently, I played Cities and it was fantastic, town-building. I enjoyed the problem-solving aspect of it. Like Chess, you must think a few steps ahead. In fact games like that can open your mind to a problem-solving resolution skills in the real world, in my opinion. 

Right now, I'm playing poker a lot. What I'm learning from it is probability, patience and self-restraint and delayed gratification. Part of me wants to play every hand, bet a lot and call on the action. The learning part is exercising patience, folding hands that have less probability of achieving success, identifying tell-tales of opposition's betting patterns and bluffs. It's the balance of calculated risk, with some bluffing, preparation and luck which I hear a lot about from entrepreneurial types and it's where I kind like seeing the blending of videogames and real-world benefits. 

Videogames can seem inconsequential when you are performing more menial tasks in a game like The Sims where you could be doing them in real life. However, that's why I make a point to complete my real life duties before I can sit down and play a game. If I haven't done any meaningful, productive work in a day and then sit down to game, then yes, I wont enjoy the escapism, I'll probably be thinking that I'm wasting time when I could be getting real work done. Some times the events in our real life start to out balance our videogame life and they become less relevant to us. That's OK too.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Gian_Yagami
  • Gian_Yagami

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

City simulation is good for me, since I am not mayor and "building" is the thing what I like. That's okay.

All your sharing makes me feel better and no more worried to play that genre, thanks.

• Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users