A question about the losing ammo bug

11 replies to this topic
brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted A week ago

I know that several players are experiencing the loss of ammo. I myself have lost all my MKII ammo 3 times and all my sniper ammo 2 times which gives me a total of over 220K lost. I have submitted a ticket now but what are your experience with Rockstar on that matter? Do they give the money back or do they demand video/picture proof which they know that noone can provide?

I know that the whole experience with Rockstar "support" is a hassle. The few times i have submittet tickets in the past i usually have to write them back about 3-4 times just to make them understand what the problem is because they usually just say "thank you for your suggestion". Man, i wish that i was exaggerating but sadly that is my experience. But then i didn't loose money so they should be more serious about this, right?

dinot81
  • dinot81

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I know that several players are experiencing the loss of ammo. I myself have lost all my MKII ammo 3 times and all my sniper ammo 2 times which gives me a total of over 220K lost. I have submitted a ticket now but what are your experience with Rockstar on that matter? Do they give the money back or do they demand video/picture proof which they know that noone can provide?

I know that the whole experience with Rockstar "support" is a hassle. The few times i have submittet tickets in the past i usually have to write them back about 3-4 times just to make them understand what the problem is because they usually just say "thank you for your suggestion". Man, i wish that i was exaggerating but sadly that is my experience. But then i didn't loose money so they should be more serious about this, right?

Few months ago when I had the issue of losing ammo on MG and Combat MG, similar to what players are going through now with sniper rifles. Did submit ticket to R*, replied to me me next day first to try to clear cache which did not help. Sent message back to R* to advised that did not work. As response got GTA$300,000 as compensation but they could not help with issue. Seems glitch affects more than just few players.

As I mentioned in other sections, changing the tint of the gun solved the issue for me. Maybe give it a shot.

• Gaffa™ and brahmabull like this

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted A week ago

Few months ago when I had the issue of losing ammo on MG and Combat MG, similar to what players are going through now with sniper rifles. Did submit ticket to R*, replied to me me next day first to try to clear cache which did not help. Sent message back to R* to advised that did not work. As response got GTA$300,000 as compensation but they could not help with issue. Seems glitch affects more than just few players.

As I mentioned in other sections, changing the tint of the gun solved the issue for me. Maybe give it a shot.

I have the Etched Wood Grip Finish on which already paid a lot for so it would suck if i had to take that off just to not loose money. But i guess i will have to wait and see what Rockstar has to say on  the matter. Maybe changing tint will be a necessity in the future.

dinot81
  • dinot81

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I have the Etched Wood Grip Finish on which already paid a lot for so it would suck if i had to take that off just to not loose money. But i guess i will have to wait and see what Rockstar has to say on  the matter. Maybe changing tint will be a necessity in the future.

That will be a big decision to make about changing tint. Let know what happens,  curious about what R* comes back with.

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

I do not really care about losing the bit of explosive ammo I carry after the shooting range daily. I contacted support once when my ammo got removed by a modder and it did not come back after joining another session, they wanted me to calculate how much buying all again costs me.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

R will refund you if you provide them with a video of the loss.

But they can do nothing about the issue itself. After making 4 of my own tickets about this all I get is "were working on it".

• Gaffa™ likes this

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 6 days ago Edited by brahmabull, 6 days ago.

I just got the answer from Rockstar and they say that they have added 350k to my account. I haven't logged on yet to see if it's there. But that is nice. I didn't provide any evidence and i said i lost little over 200k.

Riprock
  • Riprock

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

Keep losing all my MKII ammo and also now all my SMG ammo. R* wants evidence from me (at least last time I told them).

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 6 days ago

Keep losing all my MKII ammo and also now all my SMG ammo. R* wants evidence from me (at least last time I told them).

Apparently it's about getting lucky and getting in touch with the right person at Rockstar.

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 2 days ago

Just as an update i actually got my ammo back. I decided that there was no point in buying the ammo if it was just gonna disappear again so in a mission i went to a ammunation and just bought so i had little over 200 rounds. In a sniper that should be enough. I ended the mission and when i later did a mission(the same one) i saw that i had full ammo again. So i decided to change my tint to keep it like dinot81 suggested. Since i didn't pay for the ammo i figured it was worth it. So far i have kept my ammo and i didn't have to pay for it(other than when i actually filled it up before it disappeared)

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Just as an update i actually got my ammo back. I decided that there was no point in buying the ammo if it was just gonna disappear again so in a mission i went to a ammunation and just bought so i had little over 200 rounds. In a sniper that should be enough. I ended the mission and when i later did a mission(the same one) i saw that i had full ammo again. So i decided to change my tint to keep it like dinot81 suggested. Since i didn't pay for the ammo i figured it was worth it. So far i have kept my ammo and i didn't have to pay for it(other than when i actually filled it up before it disappeared)

What mission did you play? I tried this with normal contact mission but then realized my sniper was mkII. I guess I can put it back to normal and try again.

brahmabull
  • brahmabull

Old Gamer

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 2 days ago

What mission did you play? I tried this with normal contact mission but then realized my sniper was mkII. I guess I can put it back to normal and try again.

Well the ammo i have been loosing lately was for my regular sniper. The one that can't be upgraded. Te mission i played was "crime scenester" to get the double pay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users