Whether ducked behind the ugly sculpture down by the beach in a shoot-out with cops, high on rooftop being picked-off by a well-versed sniper, or simply run down by a distracted NPC in a Pißwasser truck, we've all experienced the "moment of death" in GTAO when that notorious fatality alert blasts out with the notification that you have just been "WASTED."
Despite how we're wasted - by another player, NPCs, or even ourselves in taking the easy way out - how cool would it have been if our characters uttered their last words during their final, dying breath... Some kind of smart-ass, funny or poignant quote, just like in the movies we watch?
If for nothing more than the sheer dramatic entertainment factor!
Some famous examples of classic movie quotes:
- James Cagney in White Heat, "Made it, Ma! Top o' the world!"
- Mel Gibson in Braveheart, "Freeeeeeeedoooooom!!!"
- Val Kilmer in Tombstone, "Now, this is funny!"
- John Cazale in Godfather pt. 2, "Holy Mary, mother of God - pray for us sinners!"
- Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now, "The horror... the horror!"
So, if Rockstar had a list of quotes your character could say when they died, which would you assign to your character?
It could be anything you like - we can assume it's a nearly endless library of actual quotes from movies, books, songs, other games, etc.
And would you assign different quotes for different ways of dying?
Here are my examples for what quotes I'd assign to my character. Feel free to come up with your own in your reply!
- Accidentally run over by a police car after you've called Lester to have Wanted Level Removed: (Homer Simpson) "Mmmm.... donuts."
- Run over by an NPC that you'd swear wasn't there a second ago: (Galaxy Quest) "By Grabthar's hammer..."
- Killed by another player spraying you with the Fire Truck water gun: (Wizard of Oz): "I'm melting! Melting!"
- When 4-5 players in a crew keep killing you, over and over: (Scarface) "You think you can kill me with bullets? I take your %$&@ bullets!!!!!!"
As always, this is just for fun and not to be taken as a serious implementation. Cheers!
"Faster Bambi! Don't look back! Keep running! Just keep running!!!" - from the film, Bambi