GTA 6 in the new VR-Universe

25 replies to this topic
Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Square Civilian

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Since VR is becoming big recently, could you imagine GTA 6 being a VR game?

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Umm.. does it become big? From what I've heard it has failed.

Anyways, yes, of course. Why not?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.
  • GTA564 likes this

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

• Ron Horse likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:27 AM

Nobody will take it seriously. Look at LA Noire.

• ArmyRaidFail404 and Fallcreek like this

Thefames
  • Thefames

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

I hope after Read Dead redemption 2  *R start talking about next Grand Theft Auto 6, Vice City 2, New City whatever it called. It time for GTA Game GTA5 is boring now

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

Eh, we still have a ways to go in terms of hardware, I can only see a game like GTA being given a proper VR implementation when the actual hardware itself is at a more complete level - right now it still feels like it's in the early adopter stage imo.

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

I doubt it will be soon on VR. i had a Oculus DK2 to play around with, and it's a really nice thing but you can't game only on VR. after a while you just don't want to anymore.

also VR sets are still a pricy thing. you need a higher-end rig to just meet the minimum requirements, and then spend 6-800 for the VR kit. I can't imagine R* going that far to make GTA playable for both VR users and non-VR users when the VR users are just a small part of the playerbase

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

This again?

We don't need a new universe - plain and simple. HD is fine the way it is, why does everyone want to undo the last 10 years of progress like it's nothing? It's silly. Do we really want to have the 3D vs HD argument again? Especially for a fad such as VR... That would be incredibly wasteful to just erase all of that work for something new, that isn't even guaranteed to stay relevant.

As for if there'll be a VR spin-off... possibly, in the same vein as LA Noire VR. I couldn't imagine a game based entirely around VR being fun though. Make it optional, not the core of the game's design. If VR continues to be a hit it's possible, but I don't think they're that stupid.

• Journey_95 likes this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

i hope not vr is stupid

• Payne Killer and HeavyDuke like this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Cannot wait for GTASeriesVideos VR walkthrough if it's going to be like LA NOIRE one  :lol:

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

i hope not vr is stupid

Same here, i dislike it.

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

Same city, just like lcs was just gta3 with a couple of small changes. A new Vice City with updated driving physics and damage models could be awesome. Then again if its such a shi*fest like this game with its sh*tty damage models and driving physics they might as wel stick it somewhere nobody will ever see it. the GTA3/VC/SA Erra had better driving physics and damge models then GTA V. thats why GTA V felt outdated even on release.

• ProKiller93 likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:51 AM

If rockstar did a fully fleshed out vr game that hasn't just had vr mechanics bolted onto the top of it then it would most deffently sell the hardware needed in order to play it I can guarantee you that. But in answer to the original posters question I don't see GTA6 being a vr only title as much as I would love it to be. Who knows though they All ready added first person mode and rockstar are well known for trying to push the boundaries of ways to tell story's in video games so I don't think I could completely say with confidence that they won't do am exclusive vr game because logically VR is the next step in that path to full immersion within a game.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:02 AM

f*ck VR

The system is ridiculously expensive and offers little games.

I don't see a full blown VR game even being that long at all to enjoy or even have a good story. And it wouldn't be too successful either

And why toss out the HD universe when it's only had two installments? There's so much to be done, like VIce City HD

I don't get this VR fascination at all, I think it's f*cking dumb. If a game's story is good, you can easily see yourself in the protagonist's shoes, feeling betrayed when Dmitri betrays you for instance and feeling that satisfaction when you put a bullet in him. And I'm terrified of heights, I wouldn't be able to do plane and helicopter stuff.... or go up buildings or tall mountains.

• Journey_95 likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Stop trying to make VR happen..it sucks.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't required and only used for experimenting, but I don't want the entire game to require VR. For instance I was going to get the prequel to Until Dawn on the PS4 The Inpatient, but as soon as I found out t's entirely VR it left me disappointed as it looks really cool otherwise.

It's like games that are multiplayer only. It just turns me off them. Admittedly I've wondered what VR would be like in a GTA  game as I liked the addition of first person in GTA V, but if it's a forced requirement for the whole game no thanks.

• Mr_Rager likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Everybody Won

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:57 AM

I think it'd be interesting to test converting IV or some already existing game with outdated graphics to VR.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

I hate multiple universe bullsh*t.

You introduce some badass characters in a game, but then suddenly left all of them out in next game because it is a new universe.

That's bullsh*t.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

You introduce some badass characters in a game, but then suddenly left all of them out in next game because it is a new universe.

That's bullsh*t.

Would you rather have the HD or any subsequent universe ruin the legacy of a character like Tommy Vercetti because R* had to throw in their edgy joke/shock scene? While it may be a disappointing concept at face value, thematically creating multiple universes is a good thing as not only does it keep the 3D and beyond era characters timeless, but it stops R*, be it accidentally or on purpose, ruining a character or retconing something.

Off the top of my head Johnny in V and what happened to him immediately comes to mind as an example of what Rockstar would do to a characters legacy.

• Maibatsu545 likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

That's bullsh*t.

Would you rather have the HD or any subsequent universe ruin the legacy of a character like Tommy Vercetti because R* had to throw in their edgy joke/shock scene? While it may be a disappointing concept at face value, thematically creating multiple universes is a good thing as not only does it keep the 3D and beyond era characters timeless, but it stops R*, be it accidentally or on purpose, ruining a character or retconing something.

Off the top of my head Johnny in V and what happened to him immediately comes to mind as an example of what Rockstar would do to a characters legacy.

Rockstar being completely asshole about Johnny K doesn't make multiple universe logical.

They did a good job with Catalina & Claude before, they can do the same.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

VR is a nice thing and all, but its really a f*cking pain in the arse when push comes to shove. Quite frankly, a playerbase as huge as the GTA playerbase would not accept it. The expense of a VR headset alone costs you about half the playerbase, especially as it becomes saturated with the "children of Online". Then there is the PC specs to make it happen, or the entirely new consoles that nobody needs. But even if you could guarantee everyone a reliable VR setup, imagine how a game like GTA would even work in VR. The best, i repeat ​THE ABSOLUTE BEST ​that VR has to offer in a game like GTA is close to ​Project CARS Vr ​ or ​Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades ​which if you know those games can never reach what GTA can do.

​The most I ever see VR coming into GTA would be maybe a driving simulator in Liberty City or GTA V's San Andreas. But that's boring. If I buy GTA I want to be able to do all the things GTA would allow me to, not be a glorified street view. 

As such GTA can never be implemented to VR. Period.

Lord Tommy
  • Lord Tommy

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

That sounds amazing, I can't wait. There really aren't enough VR games.

pete1499
  • pete1499

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

That sounds amazing, I can't wait. There really aren't enough VR games.

The ones that exist are really cool tho, i played the GTA 5 VR mod on the pc, it was pretty cool. altho some glitches happened.

It wasnt a flawless experience. Lets hope in the next GTA this will be proper.

*nerdgasm*

Hikikomori-Yume
  • Hikikomori-Yume

Player Hater

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

GTA VI will be the final mainline GTA to be made for 2D screens.

GTA VII will definitely be VR, but I don't expect that to be around for at least another four or five years so expect GTA VR around 2024 - 2027.

GTA VR will be such a game changer people will laugh when they look back at 3D GTA the way we do when we think of GTA and GTA 2.

This is going to be the greatest thing in the world for me next to a proper Silent Hill vr game (made by Team Silent, similar feeling to SH3).

I can't wait to live out my murderous fantasies shooting people down, playing with their bodies etc I will also spend lots of time walking around the city immersing myself.

Hikikomori-Yume
  • Hikikomori-Yume

Player Hater

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:31 AM

Wow lots of shortsighted idiots in this thread.

It's not 2013 - 2015 anymore, referring to VR as a fad or gimmick is just ignorant.

VR, AR and mixed reality are going to be everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users