GTA 6 in the new VR-Universe

14 replies to this topic
Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Square Civilian

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

Since VR is becoming big recently, could you imagine GTA 6 being a VR game?

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

Umm.. does it become big? From what I've heard it has failed.

Anyways, yes, of course. Why not?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted A week ago

VR is still easily in the infancy stage and simply can't be slapped on to existing games/franchises for a multitude of reasons. For GTA 6 to be VR would require it to be released ages away, so I'd save any VR optimism for a spin off or GTA 7 personally.

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Nobody will take it seriously. Look at LA Noire.

• Fallcreek likes this

Thefames
  • Thefames

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I hope after Read Dead redemption 2  *R start talking about next Grand Theft Auto 6, Vice City 2, New City whatever it called. It time for GTA Game GTA5 is boring now

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 6 days ago

I agree, but who knows. GTA 6 is indeed ages away, they haven't even started working on it apart from actually stating publicaly that they have the intention to make it. Maybe by the time GTA 6 comes out VR is going to be something decent. Or maybe GTA is the game that is going to bring VR itself a step further, they don't f*ck arround when it comes to ambition and making games.

Eh, we still have a ways to go in terms of hardware, I can only see a game like GTA being given a proper VR implementation when the actual hardware itself is at a more complete level - right now it still feels like it's in the early adopter stage imo.

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 6 days ago

I doubt it will be soon on VR. i had a Oculus DK2 to play around with, and it's a really nice thing but you can't game only on VR. after a while you just don't want to anymore.

also VR sets are still a pricy thing. you need a higher-end rig to just meet the minimum requirements, and then spend 6-800 for the VR kit. I can't imagine R* going that far to make GTA playable for both VR users and non-VR users when the VR users are just a small part of the playerbase

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

X.Y.U.

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

This again?

We don't need a new universe - plain and simple. HD is fine the way it is, why does everyone want to undo the last 10 years of progress like it's nothing? It's silly. Do we really want to have the 3D vs HD argument again? Especially for a fad such as VR... That would be incredibly wasteful to just erase all of that work for something new, that isn't even guaranteed to stay relevant.

As for if there'll be a VR spin-off... possibly, in the same vein as LA Noire VR. I couldn't imagine a game based entirely around VR being fun though. Make it optional, not the core of the game's design. If VR continues to be a hit it's possible, but I don't think they're that stupid.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 days ago

i hope not vr is stupid

• Payne Killer and HeavyDuke like this

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 days ago

Cannot wait for GTASeriesVideos VR walkthrough if it's going to be like LA NOIRE one  :lol:

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 days ago

i hope not vr is stupid

Same here, i dislike it.

Vice City 2

Vice City stories says hi

Same city, just like lcs was just gta3 with a couple of small changes. A new Vice City with updated driving physics and damage models could be awesome. Then again if its such a shi*fest like this game with its sh*tty damage models and driving physics they might as wel stick it somewhere nobody will ever see it. the GTA3/VC/SA Erra had better driving physics and damge models then GTA V. thats why GTA V felt outdated even on release.

• ProKiller93 likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted A day ago

If rockstar did a fully fleshed out vr game that hasn't just had vr mechanics bolted onto the top of it then it would most deffently sell the hardware needed in order to play it I can guarantee you that. But in answer to the original posters question I don't see GTA6 being a vr only title as much as I would love it to be. Who knows though they All ready added first person mode and rockstar are well known for trying to push the boundaries of ways to tell story's in video games so I don't think I could completely say with confidence that they won't do am exclusive vr game because logically VR is the next step in that path to full immersion within a game.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

f*ck VR

The system is ridiculously expensive and offers little games.

I don't see a full blown VR game even being that long at all to enjoy or even have a good story. And it wouldn't be too successful either

And why toss out the HD universe when it's only had two installments? There's so much to be done, like VIce City HD

I don't get this VR fascination at all, I think it's f*cking dumb. If a game's story is good, you can easily see yourself in the protagonist's shoes, feeling betrayed when Dmitri betrays you for instance and feeling that satisfaction when you put a bullet in him. And I'm terrified of heights, I wouldn't be able to do plane and helicopter stuff.... or go up buildings or tall mountains.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users