Heists Freezing on PlayStation 3

8 replies to this topic
bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

So, I have a bit of a problem here...it wasn't until much later that I discovered that this issue had came up. On any Heist setup or finale the game will freeze when you approach either the 'Heist Failed' or 'Heist Passed' screen, every time. I can play the missions all the way through without a single problem until I approach this screen. From here I am forced to shut down my console and restart the game.

Things I have already done to circumvent:

Restoring File System
Deleting old Game Data
Reinstalling Updates
Changing Network Settings

Any feedback or additional ideas are greatly appreciated! :)

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Is there a 'cache' that you can clear out too? 

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

I think so, but I probably haven't found where it is yet...I'll look into it soon.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

I think so, but I probably haven't found where it is yet...I'll look into it soon.

I think on the ps3 go to the internet. Press triangle and tools come up. I believe there you can clear cache and cookies.

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

I think the Internet browser cache is separate...from what I can tell.

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

I think i've figured out what the real problem is...it has nothing to do with the console. Because you could wipe your entire console, (hell, even buying a new one) and it wouldn't change a thing.

My character profile was modded.
Level 8000, Bounty set Locked.
(This was not of my intention, long story there...)
This is likely what caused the Heists to stop working properly, given that nothing else seemed to identify as a potential problem. Any thoughts?

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Probably, yes. 

• bantonson15 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:43 PM Edited by StangOne50, 10 February 2018 - 05:46 PM.

I think i've figured out what the real problem is...it has nothing to do with the console. Because you could wipe your entire console, (hell, even buying a new one) and it wouldn't change a thing.

This is likely what caused the Heists to stop working properly, given that nothing else seemed to identify as a potential problem. Any thoughts?

Idk if a modded character would have any effect on heists. If that was the case you would probably see a lot more complaints about the same thing around here. I suppose its possible but idk.

On ps3 there will be severe lag and other sh*t if you play heists from public lobbies. Are you playing them exclusively in invite only lobbies?

Are the people you are playing with having the same issue or is it just you.

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Cars & Coffee

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:01 PM

Idk if a modded character would have any effect on heists. If that was the case you would probably see a lot more complaints about the same thing around here. I suppose its possible but idk.

On ps3 there will be severe lag and other sh*t if you play heists from public lobbies. Are you playing them exclusively in invite only lobbies?

Are the people you are playing with having the same issue or is it just you.

I'm playing with randoms. I joined a random setup with two randoms and a friend of mine. Observing my friend's gameplay, it appeared that everybody else was fine, but my console froze.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users