Quantcast

» «
Photo

Redemption2: Interiors in all buildings?

8 replies to this topic
djb204
  • djb204

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by djb204, 2 weeks ago.

With Redemption2, I think its quite possible for every building in the map to have interiors. Unlike GTA, Red Dead is 95% wilderness. The amount of buildings in RDR2 will be nothing compared to a GTA map, and with the power of Of PS4, Xbox One, and possibly PC, I dont see why any building in the map wouldnt have an accessible interior. Redemption1 did have a handful of buildings that were just exterior models with no interior access, but that was on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Redemption2 being on next gen consoles and modern day PCs shouldn't have that problem, especially with the map not being too much bigger the Redemption1. Redemption2s world would be 1000 times more immersive if there were no off limits areas aside from the world map boundaries. Thoughts?

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Except for Redemption's Blackwater, almost every building around the map was enterable with a unique interior. I expect the same situation in Redemption II. 

• djb204 and tonko like this

djb204
  • djb204

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Except for Redemption's Blackwater, almost every building around the map was enterable with a unique interior. I expect the same situation in Redemption II. 

I hope so. The one thing I really appreciated in Redemption1 was entering and exiting buildings was instant with no loading screens. Though I wouldnt mind loading screens at all if Rockstar were to expand on interiors like they did with GTA Online. Adding new places via DLC (always keeping thing fresh).

Safari
  • Safari

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Im certain we will be seeing interiors as the map for RDR2 is much smaller and as you said more wilderness meaning they can put specific detail into each exterior as the map won't be filled with exteriors unlike GTAV. If they could do it for last gen I'm 100% sure they can do it for next gen. 

DexPac
  • DexPac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Being able to go into any building would be cool but I hope there's some consequences for some of them. For example, you shouldn't be able to go behind the counter or into the backroom without the shopkeeper getting upset and ranchers should be weary of you poking around their property at all let alone entering their homes.

• Safari likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by ivarblaauw, A week ago.

I expect at the very least the same amount of percent of enterable buildings in Red Dead Redemption 2 as in Mafia 3. The way Mafia 3 handled enterable buildings was a realistic amount and enough to make it feel like you had all the freedom in the world.

If Red Dead Redemption 2 has the same amount I would be okay with that. However, I do think that all shacks and cabins in the wild should be 100% enterable, as these should be used as "rest points". Just that little moment to escape the dangers of the outside world.

Being able to go into any building would be cool but I hope there's some consequences for some of them. For example, you shouldn't be able to go behind the counter or into the backroom without the shopkeeper getting upset and ranchers should be weary of you poking around their property at all let alone entering their homes.

Also look at Mafia 3's system. If you went behind the counter or to places you shouldn't be, you got a few warnings before the law went after you. Really nice system they have there.
  • DexPac likes this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yeah, Mafia 3 is kinda what I had in mind. They did that really well. Rockstar's version of it though would probly be to have the NPCs just suddenly open fire on you the second you stepped somewhere you shouldn't. Like, you could go to the Sheriff's office, walk into an empty jail cell with your weapon holstered and they'd still just mow you down.
  • ivarblaauw likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The only problem with interiors in Mafia 3 was that we couldn't really do anything in them. If RDR2 has a lot of interiors I want lots of stores and activities.
  • DexPac and Safari like this

Rockstar Vienna
  • Rockstar Vienna

Sir Love-A-Lot

• Members
  • Austria

Posted A week ago

Probably won't happen but Rockstar really needs to give us a bigger amount of accessible buildings this time. Should not be a big problem in a game with almost no buildings compared to GTA V for example. That was actually one of the biggest letdowns in Rockstar's games so far imo. Especially GTA V was really disappointing in that regard. Like already mentioned... Mafia did a good job here. AC Origins too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users