Did you ever play Red Dead Revolver?

13 replies to this topic
damienrayemusic
  • damienrayemusic

Golden

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whether yes or no this was a fantastic game in its own right.. long live Red Harlow! I ask because im wondering whoever is familiar with the characters do you think any of them will be present in RDR2? I truly do think so.. I have some interesting theories that only people who played revolver will understand. Generally speaking though especially since RDR2 is a prequel I assume rockstar will masterfully incorporate all red dead characters in one... even if just as easter eggs. I think we definitely will see or hear about red harlow and jack swift. Possibly shadow wolf too..

Safari
  • Safari

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Safari, 2 weeks ago.

It was a pretty fun game but I felt it would be better if R* created it as it lacks realism. I do think some of those people will return as either a side mission, random encounter or even during the main story but I don't think Red Harlow will be shown However that guy next to dutch on the teaser image looks strikingly similar to Jack Swift. Other than that I see it as very unlikely to see main characters from Red dead revolver, R* like adding characters that are usually in the background to returning games. Although if they don't follow there same tradition it would be cool to see Red and Jack and possibly more. I mean Jack was a bank robber in London so it wouldn't be too crazy if he joined along with the gang in RDR2.

• damienrayemusic likes this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

No, I didn't have the chance to play it during its heyday. Although it's available on PSN, I don't find it fun to play games that aged badly. 

• Meekail, damienrayemusic and Safari like this

Shinola Gamer
  • Shinola Gamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

No I never played it and now I feel bad..

Yelda
  • Yelda

Guilty? Sure ...Thatīs just the way it is

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Yeah, I played it. I also played Gun on PSII and Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive on PC.

I had a lot of fun playing with these two games. I've been a big fan of the western genre since my childhood.

I read, watched and played everything I could get and now ... hmm ...there are still a lot of cowboys and the aura of the Wild West in my life ;)

• tsycho and damienrayemusic like this

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted A week ago

I am a western sucker like the guy above and was always on a lookout, played it when it first released alongside other classics like Desperado, had to quit Revolver midgame because it was merciless with its difficulty spikes. It starts brilliantly and has that desolate western vibes to it with pretty interesting characters. It has aged really poorly for me though. I can revisit any 3d  era  GTA  gta games  but i cant see myself giving revolver a go. 

SeniorDerp
  • SeniorDerp

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Since Red Harlow is obviously John Marston, I wonder if R* tie the two together or have Arthur make a comment "You look like this kid I used to know.."

damienrayemusic
  • damienrayemusic

Golden

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It was a pretty fun game but I felt it would be better if R* created it as it lacks realism. I do think some of those people will return as either a side mission, random encounter or even during the main story but I don't think Red Harlow will be shown However that guy next to dutch on the teaser image looks strikingly similar to Jack Swift. Other than that I see it as very unlikely to see main characters from Red dead revolver, R* like adding characters that are usually in the background to returning games. Although if they don't follow there same tradition it would be cool to see Red and Jack and possibly more. I mean Jack was a bank robber in London so it wouldn't be too crazy if he joined along with the gang in RDR2.

yes exactly! I loved the characters. Ik it prob wont happen but god id love to see john, red, and arthur having a conversation... arthur is very cool to me already!!

Yeah, I played it. I also played Gun on PSII and Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive on PC.

I had a lot of fun playing with these two games. I've been a big fan of the western genre since my childhood.
I read, watched and played everything I could get and now ... hmm ...there are still a lot of cowboys and the aura of the Wild West in my life ;)

hell yes!! Playing gun is what made me think wait, red dead revolver! Its funny i was a kid when i saw my dad playing that and i was so intrigued by it..

I am a western sucker like the guy above and was always on a lookout, played it when it first released alongside other classics like Desperado, had to quit Revolver midgame because it was merciless with its difficulty spikes. It starts brilliantly and has that desolate western vibes to it with pretty interesting characters. It has aged really poorly for me though. I can revisit any 3d  era  GTA  gta games  but i cant see myself giving revolver a go. 

lmao youre right that game was super difficult mid game. Fun though. And yes I love westerns so much. My fav genre really

Since Red Harlow is obviously John Marston, I wonder if R* tie the two together or have Arthur make a comment "You look like this kid I used to know.."

i would seriously love to see a conversation between them. Id be so hyped

No I never played it and now I feel bad..

If you have a pc download pcsx2 and get it that way:)

No, I didn't have the chance to play it during its heyday. Although it's available on PSN, I don't find it fun to play games that aged badly. 

understandable! You can tell its age aha i still love it tho fun game great characters. The game that birthed red dead redemption
  • Yelda and Safari like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

GUN drew me away from it because I just thought they were clones, now I regret it

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

no i havent but i have played all of the call of juarez games... (before i ever played red dead) Gunslinger has to be my favorite 

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by KGBeast, A week ago.

Many times. Just did a 100% replay (all journal pages, all showdown characters and stages, etc.) after the second trailer for II dropped. Also the first time I've played the Xbox version rather than the PS2 version. It hasn't dated as badly as other games released around the same time and is still really the only spaghetti western game of its kind. It's like playing one of Sergio Leone's films. The duels were much more intense and difficult than they are in Redemption too.

djb204
  • djb204

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I wish I did, but Im on Xbox and it isnt available via digital DL

Yelda
  • Yelda

Guilty? Sure ...Thatīs just the way it is

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Yelda, 6 days ago.

Man ... I was 13 when I played GUN ... and I think that if my parents had known that, they wouldn´t have allowed me to play :whistle:
I thought that was pretty brutal back then.
Worse than all the games I played before even if I loved it.

Especially the scene with the massacred, hanged natives. Against that Revolver or GTA was harmless.

joshua969
  • joshua969

Cholla Springs Tour Guide

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Never played it, but I'm curious about it.  I go into dated games with the best intentions, but I rarely play them for long stretches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users