Share Your Stories - Vehicles

15 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Scaglietti, A week ago.

Share Your Stories - Vehicles

FGMOJcI.jpg

Welcome to the Vehicles version of Share Your Stories!

The purpose of this thread is to share your experiences; talk what you did today, or in the past, but with cars. Unlike vehicular picture threads, where you just post pictures, the theme here is of course stories or short descriptions.

You're encouraged to:

• Describe your road trips or role-play.
  • Talk about your cars; you can even give them or story or describe what they're based off of.
  • Share stories and pictures of cruises with friends.
  • Explain the layout or theme of your garage and/or why.
  • Share strange or interesting vehicle sightings around town.
  • Post reviews of cars, boats, helicopters and planes; journalism is encouraged!

Examples:

• "I took my Rapid GT Classic up to Paleto today and decided to stop by Up-N-Atom..."
  • "I bought this Carbonizzare a year ago and based it off..."
  • "Me and X took our Pegassis out for a car meet and cruise today..."
  • "The top floor is for supers and exotics..."
  • "Saw this monstrosity today on dollar rims..."
  • "Today I will review the Ocelot Pariah..."

Rules & Guidelines:

• Stories and descriptions are encouraged, as well as pictures. Either or is fine as long as there is a theme.
  • No spamming.
  • No flaming.

Have fun!

• Carrythxd, the_potato, Raavi and 8 others like this

Touge Spirit Leader
  • Touge Spirit Leader

garage seventy-six

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I love my Stromberg because it actually looks classy and is a James Bond kinda car and can be useful for more than cruising.

One time I was just cruising in the car, enjoying the beauty of it and riding around. This was in a public free roam, quite soon an armored Kuruma whizzed by and hit me with a sticky bomb. I don't blow up but I do spin out. Once I regain traction I followed them and used my machine guns to blow up the car while dodging more explosives.

His friend soon joined in the chase and picked him up in a helicopter, With missiles raining down on me I raced to the pier and activated submarine mode. As soon as those guys made the mistake of flying low enough I torpedoe'd them out of the sky, cruised towards the shore, changed back into a car and drove off.

• the_potato, Scaglietti and Jamilian_Gaming like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

:lol: That made me giggle. Very stealthy.

---

Yesterday, I had some fun doing a photo-shoot with my new-to-me GP1. It's the second photo-shoot I've ever done using Rockstar Editor, the screen-capping feature, and the same self-made preset I use to edit real-life pictures. I'm definitely no pro though.

ze9vYBd.jpg

About the car, I'm kind of obsessed with it at the moment (obviously). I based my GP1 off of McLaren F1 Chassis #014. Originally, Chassis #014 was yellow and came fitted with no kit. Some time during the F1's production period, McLaren started fitting non-LM F1s with kits, known as HDK ("High Downforce Kit", sometimes regarded as HDF). In rarer cases tunes and even actual LM engines were installed. There are 8 F1 HDKs in total. There were 9, however 1 was restored to its original configuration. 2 Have actual LM engines while the rest just have kits, not a bad thing. Typically, easy ways to tell an HDK apart from a real LM (as if you'll ever see them!) are the lack of sideskirts, a smaller hood intake, and really it's just not gonna be orange! Yellow Chassis #014 was repainted white and simply given the HDK-treatment and ever since it has been the highlight of special western car events, such as Monterey Car Week:

I love the original F1, I love the LM and I love the GT, but I really have a thing for HDK. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's just because of how many times I saw it on Instagram. My GP1 has been fitted with all of the mods necessary to replicate Chassis #014 as best as possible. However, I could not resist the white interior and the WOKING vanity plate, paying homage to the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, England.

eUWdrFg.jpg

I genuinely enjoy this car. I have the strange hobby of role-playing and often cruise around realistically. I mean, I do speed and enjoy the car, but I love cruising like one would out on the real road. Speeding around randomly causing chaos just isn't for me. This car is at home on a track, and you can tell, however it's not a bad car to take to the shops. I was originally just going to stop by Ponsonby's for some clothes. However, I couldn't help noticing how photogenic the lighting situation and location was. The bustling streets of Morningwood kind of resemble Carmel-by-the-Sea, California (where part of Monterey Car Week takes place). So, I thought well f*ck it. Why not do a photo-shoot. No regrets.

pumEU3R.jpg

I have not driven this car that much, it's still new. But it's been a pleasure since specc'ing it out. I did some fast past canyon driving in it yesterday and it coped amazingly, but I'm going to need to drive it more. This car definitely gives me Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 vibes. The nostalgia is intoxicating, somehow more so than in some racing games.

Moments like this make me truly appreciate GTA.

• the_potato, EVOLUT7ON, Touge Spirit Leader and 4 others like this

majong12
  • majong12

Retro Car Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by majong12, A week ago.

I was driving my Mamba in a public lobby then I find this guy joyriding in his Nighshade, so I join him. We were just zipping around, racing each other, doing donuts, and just having simple fun.

ekLhBaS.png

• the_potato, EVOLUT7ON, Scaglietti and 3 others like this

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

Best Of All... It's An Albany

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I sometimes go road tripping in my favorite RV, the 1979 Zirconium Journey, and have done so with quite a few friends and other players in Online from time to time. One such memorable time was when a friend and I had just come off of grinding heists and jobs, and I break off to go take a relaxing cruise around Southern San Andreas. For once, though, my friend tags along, and joins me for my cruise. We chat about our lives both in and outside of GTA, switching loosely from role-play to real life and back, all the while adventuring through Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, Raton Canyon, and the San Chianski Mountains in this hulking box. Eventually, as soft rain begins to pour down during a spur into Cape Catfish, I notice my friend has fallen asleep in the back of the Journey, so I park up along a cliff overlooking the Mount Gordo lighthouse and wait for the idle timer to send him on his way, enjoying the soft sound of droplets on the roof and the slow crash of waves on the coast.

A really chilled out evening after the hideous grind that was the original heists with randoms, and something I really am happy to have that I wouldn't have been able to experience without GTA Online.

• Scaglietti, Pininfarina and Lance Mayhem like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by DoxerWhite, A week ago.

I believe the Lampadati Pigalle is one of these car that are as stylish as they are fun to drive. This is clearly one of the best designs i have ever seen in GTA, i can even add this is better than its real-life counterparts. The front of a Citroen SM, the shape of a Maserati Merak and the back of a Ghibli. One of the most effective italo-french partnership ever. No need of a DS, give me its sport variant and add an italian engine and it will become my daily driver ! Each time i log on, i drive around the Terminal and drift around the richest mansions of north LS. And i stop, and i contemplate, and i feel so proud of having one. I did not need any big customization since i went for a stock SM look, just bought some El Jefe rims, add a kustom crew color based on a mix of Verde Ghibli spider and Vert argenté and add the personal plate for a VCS nod. 

Nj5gbamdnE2GPMQGIGB8Yg_0_0.jpg

Second picture is based on a commercial i've seen for a bison brown SM. 

9kMT8x-b-UWHs_W4ifS69g_0_0.jpg

I always listen to Worldwide FM when driving this early 70's exotic GT. It gives a different atmosphere to it.

• the_potato, Scaglietti, Touge Spirit Leader and 2 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

In preparation for my future PTS Signal Green Pfisters (both the Neon and the Comet SR), I took it upon myself to buy a good old pre-facelift Comet.

uVdSXNe.jpg

I love this thing, and it will hold me over until the sexy Neon and eventually the better Comet SR. I have two garage spaces saved in between this and my teal blue Cyclone for my future green additions. I was impatient to see how PTS Signal Green would look on my Pfisters so I wanted to test my spec out on the Comet and no regrets. I won't sell this one either. My Neon will likely sit on alloy Cheetah RRs while the Comet SR will sit on black ones, both in the same color.

sUqRTO8.jpg

Driving the original Comet, I don't know why I didn't buy one earlier. It feels and sounds like a turbo model, while the SR sounds like it's naturally aspirated. I can't wait to see how much better the Comet SR corners, seeing that it's more track-focused.

V9EzyC0.jpg

• the_potato, MikeyDLuffy, Pininfarina and 1 other like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Crew 2017 [Spanish Kings]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by Stoney0503, A week ago.

my oppressor got blown up 25 times in one lobby rip 

IqA5y6r.png

i dont have an actual pic of my oppressor but this is accurate enough

• M0rk, Pastry, Pininfarina and 1 other like this

Grotti is Great
  • Grotti is Great

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

my oppressor got blown up 25 times in one lobby rip 

IqA5y6r.png

i dont have an actual pic of my oppressor but this is accurate enough

Looks real to me. 

• bantonson15 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

It seems my character has started turning on his headlights for the evening at like 4 in the afternoon. I was chilling there on a mountain and then all of a sudden my Viseris' headlights pop up outta nowhere

Lance Mayhem
  • Lance Mayhem

Callous Lout

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Lance Mayhem, 6 days ago.

Signature Cars

I had trouble settling on an aesthetic for my first character. I got a Sabre Turbo in matte black, and dressed him in jeans and a leather jacket, for the Houligan look. It was alright for a while, but it didn't quite suit him.

I later got a Manana, in some kind of metallic brown with a light matte brown (could it have been Desert Tan?) roof, and dressed in a vintage suit jacket with brown pants, a white shirt, and some kind of wide necktie, for the Restaurant Equipment Salesman look. I wasn't really feeling it, so it wasn't long before I switched back.

Then I got a Chino.

Oh, yes.

Metallic Anthracite Black with a vinyl roof and chrome Classic Rod wheels (which I thought looked closest to the deeply-dished hubcaps I seemed to remember from some mid-sixties Lincolns). No window tint, no whitewalls.

I dressed my character in an open Sharp Black High Life suit with a charcoal shirt and a skinny white tie. The Rat Pack look.

I've kept this for a long time (and also made a Covered version which adds a grey trenchcoat and fedora with black gloves, 'cause sometimes you need to be by the docks on a rainy night), and I think it's a keeper.

It was the Vapid Chino that inspired this look, but I've got to say it seems appropriate with my red Lampadati Casco as well, and this look even inspired me to get an Albany Alpha (black with chrome Lead Sled rims), a car which, for me, embodies the modern interpretation of the classy (yet somehow menacing) 'Iron Fist In a Velvet Glove' image the Chino must have exuded in the sixties: Powerful, confident (arrogant?), suave, and dangerous, like Connery's Thunderball-era James Bond on wheels.

The clothes may make the man, but the car makes the clothes.

As for the Chino, it now sports a Brushed Black Steel paintjob (from the Metals selection), but remains otherwise unchanged.

In the absence of a jazz station, I set the radio to Worldwide FM and slowly cruise the streets at night, looking like trouble, but feeling alright.
  • Scaglietti likes this

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Lost Loyal

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

I believe the Lampadati Pigalle is one of these car that are as stylish as they are fun to drive. This is clearly one of the best designs i have ever seen in GTA, i can even add this is better than its real-life counterparts. The front of a Citroen SM, the shape of a Maserati Merak and the back of a Ghibli. One of the most effective italo-french partnership ever. No need of a DS, give me its sport variant and add an italian engine and it will become my daily driver ! Each time i log on, i drive around the Terminal and drift around the richest mansions of north LS. And i stop, and i contemplate, and i feel so proud of having one. I did not need any big customization since i went for a stock SM look, just bought some El Jefe rims, add a kustom crew color based on a mix of Verde Ghibli spider and Vert argenté and add the personal plate for a VCS nod. 

Nj5gbamdnE2GPMQGIGB8Yg_0_0.jpg

Second picture is based on a commercial i've seen for a bison brown SM. 

9kMT8x-b-UWHs_W4ifS69g_0_0.jpg

I always listen to Worldwide FM when driving this early 70's exotic GT. It gives a different atmosphere to it.

To find other players driving a Pigalle or any other Sports Classic was a rare occurrence. 🙄
  • Scaglietti and DoxerWhite like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 5 days ago

Got into a few dogfights yesterday, they all went about as I expected them to.

First one, I saw some dude killing people in a Jet, so I figured "what the hell, I'll probably lose this" and called in my jetpack. I could see it's agility was unexpected and I dodged a few missiles by coming to a sudden dead stop as they flew past me. Ultimately the jet pilot won, as expected. I'm not very good with the Thruster.

Second one I was prowling in my Starling, when I saw two folks causing some unrest in a pair of Deluxos. Never fought even one before, so I give it a go. Those things are f*cking tiny! Half the time I kept losing my target, what with having to evade the missile spam. One of them managed to tag me with a missile in that I basically flew head on into it, so I ended up fleeing back to the hangar. They tried to persue me for about two blocks before tbey realized there was no chance they were going to catch me in their clown car. Called it a draw, would fight again.

Last one was quite fun, used my Starling again, battled for about five minutes with a fairly experienced buzzard pilot. He couldn't hit me with his missles though. I was literally doing loop the loops around him at one point. I eventually shot him down and texted him "good fight" to which he responded "Yt" which I took to mean "You too."

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 2 days ago

Took my Rapid GT Classic for a spin. I have it in a spot-on Aston Martin Almond Green with beige interior. First of all, what a wonderful car to drive. I admit that I don't drive classics as much as newer cars, but this Rapid GT Classic is something I could use everyday. Unfortunately, it made me give in and buy a Rapid GT Roadster to go along side it in the same exact color, on alloy Mercie wheels! I don't regret it but that definitely wasn't in much budget. Oh well. The Rapid GT Roadster is a great car, just wish it had a proper Aston interior.

• Pininfarina likes this

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 hours ago

I was driving my Mamba in a public lobby then I find this guy joyriding in his Nighshade, so I join him. We were just zipping around, racing each other, doing donuts, and just having simple fun.

ekLhBaS.png

I love this car! Reminds me of both of my Mambas:

In red:

617XtB7.jpg

In black (far left):

nf1Jsd0.jpg

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by el carlitos, 3 hours ago.

Not a real story but some kind of short role play I made. Enjoy.

The Comet represents a brand more than any other car. As one of the most reliable sport cars around thanks to the impeccable german engineering it is loved by a big community. 

Looking for one myself, I found an used one in good conditions for an acceptable price. 

kucojyj1fo5.png

With the ride mods you can improve the already timeless design. So, not wasted any time and took it to the shop to give it a personal note, trying to keep the original and clean look.

What would even the most beautiful car look like without the appropriate paint finish? Starting with the body work most important tasks include sanding, stopper and filler application as well as priming.

h2tjigazxmj.png

Then we can start painting. To give it a more aggressive look I decided to give it dark grey metallic paint job. 6bfny796arp.png

The next stage was interior work. Keeping most parts original I went to add a roll cage to protect its occupants from being injured in case of a roll-over. 

ob1d3cvfva3.png

Moving to the engine to maximize the performance. Adding a larger capacity turbo cost a small fortune, but without a doubt is one of the best ways to get significant power gain. To get the power to the wheels I replaced the original gear box by a performance gearbox.

pzt9ggn95en.png

To give it a clean finish the suspension was modified improving the handling. The 40mm lower suspension matches perfectly with the new modern chromed spoke wheels giving it a sporty aggressive look and at the same time keeping a clean and original look. 

s6yybo6g6iw.png

After one week in the workshop we are ready to take the baby out for a ride. 

0ju1w1ulgax.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users