Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mt.Chiliad Geography Changed?

Best Answer Aslad, 06 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

Shooting in the dark here, but I would suggest going to the same area in single player and seeing if you can find the 'missing' things you're talking about. If so, maybe make a video of the SP and Online perspective and show us so we can better understand.

I'll give it a try and see :)

So I've had a look in single player and I can't find it there either. I must just be crazy lol. I still think it's weird though.

Go to the full post

17 replies to this topic
Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

Okay, this is going to sound silly, but I'm really struggling to come up with any other answer apart from the geography/shape of Mt.Chiliad has been modified since Doomsday was released. Stay with me here.

So I'm a keen off-roader and hillclimber, and I have a favourite route up the Paleto Bay-side of Chiliad that I like to use. It's a steep, completely offroad route that is just about doable without sliding back down. Now, this route begins in a 'valley' of sorts that is accessible by crossing the farmland near the Clucking Bell farm. Theres a silo right next to it - a notable landmark I always use to find the start of the route. Now, halfway up the mountainside, there's a slight levelling where it was possible to get a runup at the next, steeper part that would lead to the very top of the mountain. A pitstop of sorts. But since Doomsday, I cannot for the life of me find this area and it's driving me crazy. I've flown all across Chiliad in a Deluxo looking for it and it just seems to have disappeared. Also, I'm pretty sure there's some trees and rocks which have appeared on a much steeper landscape than I remember. 

It's driving me crazy, because I can't figure out whether I'm just wrong, blind or both. If they did modify this part of Chiliad, why? It's not close to the missile silo hatch, as that's on the complete opposite side of the mountain. If they didn't change it, why am I suddenly unable to find this route I've been using for the past year, and know like the back of my hand?

Any answers would be nice :p

~Aslad

The Gator
  • The Gator

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Shooting in the dark here, but I would suggest going to the same area in single player and seeing if you can find the 'missing' things you're talking about. If so, maybe make a video of the SP and Online perspective and show us so we can better understand.

• joel15cat and Aslad like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

III-Ari-III
  • III-Ari-III

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Hmm they might change some things, even if they are not related to the latest content.. it would be odd but not impossible.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Nothing has changed on Chilliad except for the Nuke Silo being added on the south-east face.
  • EVOLUT7ON and joel15cat like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:38 PM   Best Answer

So I've had a look in single player and I can't find it there either. I must just be crazy lol. I still think it's weird though.

• Nossirag likes this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

They change the map all the time. Not surprising.

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:33 AM Edited by pie4july, 07 January 2018 - 12:37 AM.

This is bugging me way more than it should but... When you say the mountain changes shape, that is a change in geology, not geography

If the mountain changes shape, that is a change in GEOLOGY. The physical rock has changed.

If the mountain changes location, that is a change in GEOGRAPHY. The mountain has moved, but not changed.

OT: I haven't noticed a change. Perhaps compare to single player or older gta videos
  • EVOLUT7ON, Amy Vinewood, Aslad and 1 other like this

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

R* contests winner: #BeMyValentine #BIKERS #FestiveSurprise2017

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up
    Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Nothing has changed on Chilliad except for the Nuke Silo being added on the south-east face.

This is the best answer.

• REXX and Aslad like this

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

I believe your investigation in single player would best be done where the game is without any updates/patches added or if possible without the Doomsday update added.
  • mickt1978 likes this

Aslad
  • Aslad

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

I believe your investigation in single player would best be done where the game is without any updates/patches added or if possible without the Doomsday update added.

I'm on PS4, I don't think there's a way to do that. I did check to see if the missile silo was there though, and it isn't.

Aslad
  • Aslad

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:46 PM Edited by Aslad, 07 January 2018 - 01:47 PM.

This is bugging me way more than it should but... When you say the mountain changes shape, that is a change in geology, not geography

If the mountain changes shape, that is a change in GEOLOGY. The physical rock has changed.

If the mountain changes location, that is a change in GEOGRAPHY. The mountain has moved, but not changed.

Well, no. Just google the definition of the difference between geography and geology and you'll get:

"The main difference between geography and geology is that geography is mostly dealing with the physical overall shapes of the land. Geology is a science that is interested in how the land got into the shape it did.

Geology is mostly about what the ground is made up of from a natural perspective. What kind of rocks it contains and how those rocks or layers of rocks got there.

Geography is mostly dealing with mapping the extent of landforms, how far rivers are, how long mountain ranges are, how long the coast line is. This is often from the perspective of people or culture."

Basically:

Geography = Shape of the landscape

Geology = Rocks

• pptz84 likes this

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:34 AM Edited by pie4july, 08 January 2018 - 03:43 AM.

Well, no. Just google the definition of the difference between geography and geology and you'll get:

"The main difference between geography and geology is that geography is mostly dealing with the physical overall shapes of the land. Geology is a science that is interested in how the land got into the shape it did.
Geology is mostly about what the ground is made up of from a natural perspective. What kind of rocks it contains and how those rocks or layers of rocks got there.

Geography is mostly dealing with mapping the extent of landforms, how far rivers are, how long mountain ranges are, how long the coast line is. This is often from the perspective of people or culture."

Basically:

Geology = Rocks
Mods don't get mad, but we're about to go WAYYYYY off topic here

The study of landscapes, and how they evolve/change over time is called geomorphology, a division of geology.

Hypothetically, if Mount Chilliad changed shape (i.e. an avalanche steepened an area), this is a change in the Earth's surface. Why this change happened would be investigated by geologists. To investigate a sudden steepening of the slope as OP states, geologists would look for signs of change in the underlying bedrock. Has there been tectonic activity in the area? Or has this steepening been caused by an avalanche or something else?

Geological sciences is best described as the study of the Earth, and how it has evolved through time. It's not just the rocks... River systems, ground water, glaciers etc. are all important features that change a landscape. That landscape can be described by geography yes, but it's evolution, and shape are best described and studied geologically.

Geologists map things all the time too. How long a mountain range is, is both a geography and geological question because mountains are created by plate tectonics. So if you want to call how long a mountain chain is a geography, fine. But once it changes shape, or anything, that evolution is best described by geological methods.

P.S., FWIW

B. Sc. Geological sciences- 2017
M. Sc. Geological sciences - exp. 2019 :)
  • pptz84 and Aslad like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

Can the Doomsday Heist building thing be seen in Free roam?

Aslad
  • Aslad

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Basically:
Geology = Rocks
Mods don't get mad, but we're about to go WAYYYYY off topic here

The study of landscapes, and how they evolve/change over time is called geomorphology, a division of geology.

Hypothetically, if Mount Chilliad changed shape (i.e. an avalanche steepened an area), this is a change in the Earth's surface. Why this change happened would be investigated by geologists. To investigate a sudden steepening of the slope as OP states, geologists would look for signs of change in the underlying bedrock. Has there been tectonic activity in the area? Or has this steepening been caused by an avalanche or something else?

Geological sciences is best described as the study of the Earth, and how it has evolved through time. It's not just the rocks... River systems, ground water, glaciers etc. are all important features that change a landscape. That landscape can be described by geography yes, but it's evolution, and shape are best described and studied geologically.

Geologists map things all the time too. How long a mountain range is, is both a geography and geological question because mountains are created by plate tectonics. So if you want to call how long a mountain chain is a geography, fine. But once it changes shape, or anything, that evolution is best described by geological methods.

P.S., FWIW

B. Sc. Geological sciences- 2017
M. Sc. Geological sciences - exp. 2019 :)

Lol, I stand corrected. Thanks for educating me :p

• pptz84 and pie4july like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Can the Doomsday Heist building thing be seen in Free roam?

The only visible structures in freemode are the nuke silo on Chilliad and the small building under one of the satellites. Both of which will not show up in SP, DM or the Creator.

Unlike previous interiors, all interiors added with DDH are triggered via script (similar to the Morgue, Slaughter House, Yacht and Aircraft Vessel, O'Neils Ranch, etc). So no matter how much wallbreaching you try, they will never appear.
  • StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

I can't find the nuke solo anywhere 😫

REXX
  • REXX

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

I can't find the nuke solo anywhere 😫

Its on the south-east face about a quater of the way from the top.
  • StormerBoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users