» «
Photo

Money usage change

8 replies to this topic
kansas_dude
  • kansas_dude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:42 PM Edited by kansas_dude, 06 January 2018 - 06:43 PM.

Is it too easy to make money in Single Player and lack of reality of spending money (bills and such) in GTA 5? I think so.....what I think R* should have added is where Trevor, Michael, and Franklin has to pay house bills (electric, water, internet) every in-game month and vehicle insurance every in-game 6 months (or yearly (the player chooses vehicle insurance plan at start of game))

So in GTA 6 R* should add this to make the game more realistic

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

They should have train sets to waste money on

• ArmyRaidFail404 and CGFforLife like this

kansas_dude
  • kansas_dude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

like toy train sets that you control at home or real trains you can buy and drive?

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:20 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 07 January 2018 - 01:20 AM.

I don't want this, why should I do the same thing I did in real life in a videogame?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

like toy train sets that you control at home or real trains you can buy and drive?

The first one.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

The first one.
TOY TRAIN FTW!!!giphy.gif
  • universetwisters, ArmyRaidFail404 and eCola like this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:33 PM Edited by ArmyRaidFail404, 08 January 2018 - 12:33 PM.

The first one.
TOY TRAIN FTW!!!giphy.gif

Am I the only person who would buy GTA 6 just for it's undoubtedly ultra-realistic toy train set simulations?
  • universetwisters, GTK0HLK and CGFforLife like this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Racecarlock, 4 weeks ago.

Oh, jesus, here we go again. I should've known the unnecessary realism crowd wouldn't give up after fuel and traffic law requests. GTA online actually has this, and it's bullsh*t. Granted, I haven't played a lot of GTA online because I tried it early on and didn't enjoy it much, tried it again on PS4 using a bit of a PSN trial, didn't like it much then either. Because they have shark cards, which I didn't buy, but it essentially meant they were charging fractions of real money for virtual house bills.

To put it simply, this would be bullsh*t. It's bad enough we have to deal with these in real life, why the f*ck would we want them in a video game? And no, realism is not a good enough answer, there has to be a better reason than "Realism". Because, as far as I can tell, it wouldn't improve the game in any way. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but at least fuel and traffic laws, for all the annoyance they would add to the game, would at least have the excuse of a bit of added tension and maybe a bit of stealth because as a criminal, you'd drive slowly to avoid wanted levels. I still wouldn't want either of these within 5 miles of a GTA game, but they have better excuses than this.

So, what, we're just gonna lose money to virtual bills every month and that's it? That's the whole idea? Forgive me for the incivility, but that's complete crap. It's not fun in any way. It's got no good reason to be there besides "realism". I want more ways to spend money too, but this is the absolute wrong thing.

• RetroMystic likes this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh, jesus, here we go again. I should've known the unnecessary realism crowd wouldn't give up after fuel and traffic law requests. GTA online actually has this, and it's bullsh*t. Granted, I haven't played a lot of GTA online because I tried it early on and didn't enjoy it much, tried it again on PS4 using a bit of a PSN trial, didn't like it much then either. Because they have shark cards, which I didn't buy, but it essentially meant they were charging fractions of real money for virtual house bills.

To put it simply, this would be bullsh*t. It's bad enough we have to deal with these in real life, why the f*ck would we want them in a video game? And no, realism is not a good enough answer, there has to be a better reason than "Realism". Because, as far as I can tell, it wouldn't improve the game in any way. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but at least fuel and traffic laws, for all the annoyance they would add to the game, would at least have the excuse of a bit of added tension and maybe a bit of stealth because as a criminal, you'd drive slowly to avoid wanted levels. I still wouldn't want either of these within 5 miles of a GTA game, but they have better excuses than this.

So, what, we're just gonna lose money to virtual bills every month and that's it? That's the whole idea? Forgive me for the incivility, but that's complete crap. It's not fun in any way. It's got no good reason to be there besides "realism". I want more ways to spend money too, but this is the absolute wrong thing.

This. 

Encouraging Rockstar to sap money out of our SP and potentially MP wallets is a barrier stopping us from getting things to spend our money on that would benefit the player instead of a predetermined amount because a small minority needs muh realism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users