Long time player's outdated habits

70 replies to this topic
manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

I'm shocked to discover I'm far from the only one doing this stuff! This week is pre-dlc week for me only doing things from before beach bum, and driving original cars whilst wearing original styles!
I generally do this because I played tons of LG when my PS+ wasn't up. Besides they're great and fun stuff to do.

Oh yeah, forgot. I still use Airstrikes :p

Squeakers probably think air strikes are a mod!
  • PwnageSoldier likes this

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Survivals- I still do survivals even though nobody does them anymore, I'll get the very rare random invite from someone like once a month, and best believe I join. My survival skills have always been good, but going 1 against 60 was a regular thing for me, which made me one of the best heist teammates you could have. Free roam war days are over though.

Getaway trips- Sometimes I say f*ck Los Santos, hop in the Osiris, Helicopter, or Blazer Aqua, and getaway to Paleto Bay, my yacht, or the ocean. Then when I settle in Paleto Bay, Grapseed, or Sandy Shores, I rely only on the things available to that part of the map, so if something else is going down in Los Santos, it'll have to wait until I'm back.

Roleplaying- Not like you think, not like the children roleplay, but character roleplay. Mostly for recording videos, but I turn myself into an out of town mobster, a serial killer, vigilante, farmer etc. Really depends on where I am.

And uh, finally dressing up. No one dresses up any more. They either wear the same pair of pants, mask, shirt, or outfit all of the time, but I put on some new threads every time I drive into a new town or place on the map, sometimes to fit the area. If it's sandy shores, I dress Southern, if it's Paleto Bay, I dress casual, and if it's Los Santos I dress elegant, designer, or street.
  • kovaandr likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos
  • Rodrows, manicmechanic71, varulven and 5 others like this

Fatsanchez
  • Fatsanchez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos

I remember when they were the official griefing machines. There was so much less stuff to worry about. Good times

• Cutter De Blanc, Conici, hei3enberg and 2 others like this

duskpanthers
  • duskpanthers

Rat

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted A week ago

Standing on top of objects in passive to go AFK because you used to be vulnerable to cars in passive.

I still drive over people in passive, countless times. They think everything phases through them. Only to go AFK and come back to find out their beloved shtty K/D ratio dropped.

do u jump out of car before hitting them? I tried many times but to no avail 

VDTor
  • VDTor

Orbital Cannon Vigilante

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted A week ago

Looking for someone to befriend without sending any kind of message. That works before in the PS3 when Online was just released, but after the Heist Update with the Insurget and Kuruma, almost all the players is trying to kill me while satisfying their bloodlust.
  • manicmechanic71 likes this

Xoonia
  • Xoonia

Swedish player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos

Back in my day we hated chrome adders with dollar rims.

• Conici, hei3enberg, manicmechanic71 and 2 others like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos

Back in my day we hated chrome adders with dollar rims.

Very true! Back when we had to do a survival to get an RPG, and the forum was full of questions like "which gang attack gives the sniper?"
  • hei3enberg and kovaandr like this

Xoonia
  • Xoonia

Swedish player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

Back in the first month we really had to survive on the streets grinding rooftoop rumble and other.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Violent duct and coveted, and calling b#££$hit on anyone who said they owned a tailgater!
  • Rodrows likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Gangsta

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos

And the people driving them.

I know I shouldn't because it's not logical, but I have to accept that I am prejudiced against Zentorno drivers. I wouldn't employ them and I certainly wouldn't date them. I may even vote for a wall to be built to seperate them from the rest of us. :D

OT. I still steal Ocelot F620s' for Simeon if they come up

• Cutter De Blanc and bantonson15 like this

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Motorcycle Menace

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I still have this tendency to max out my character's Mental State every time I play online.

I guess it looks good with all my player stats maxed out as well... 🙄
  • Tonguegirl likes this

IanMc
  • IanMc

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A week ago

I still play contact missions. I managed to fail one or two last night because of not using my Kuruma in the longest time :p :p

I still watch TV now and again.

I still hope that I can one day get the fill a Titan full of players achievement. 

Gang attacks.

I miss the days of getting an invite for a sea race or a parachuting job. 

I still have this tendency to max out my character's Mental State every time I play online.

I guess it looks good with all my player stats maxed out as well...

I remember at one stage, maxing out one's Mental State was an absolute necessity in every single free roam session :D :D

And yes, 100% agreed on the stats all being maxed out. I worked hard on that lung capacity stat in the Alamo Sea :p :p

• bantonson15 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Still wearing clothes I unlocked in 2013

The Irish Hunter
  • The Irish Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

My outdated habit is enjoying PvE. R* doesn't seem to like that demographic these days, so it feels pretty outdated.

• manicmechanic71, GTA-Biker, THC and 4 others like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

My outdated habit is enjoying PvE. R* doesn't seem to like that demographic these days, so it feels pretty outdated.

I hear you, exactly how I feel. In fact gaming in general is heading that way I feel
  • THC, The Irish Hunter and KWF1981 like this

The Irish Hunter
  • The Irish Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I hear you, exactly how I feel. In fact gaming in general is heading that way I feel

Fortunately, there are still some games that remember how to be Single Player friendly. If there is one thing I can thank R* for, it's making me expand my gaming horizons beyond triple A developers.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

Fortunately, there are still some games that remember how to be Single Player friendly. If there is one thing I can thank R* for, it's making me expand my gaming horizons beyond triple A developers.

Very true, I have been surprised to enjoy fantasy games like the witcher and Skyrim, and Sci-fi like Mass Effect, or my current favourite Horizon Zero Dawn which dies both!

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I recently started a new character from scratch, and got into a gunfight with somebody of a similar level. They killed me and then took off in their car, I got in mine to chase and was shocked to discover that all of my tires had been shot out and I had been thoroughly outplayed! Skidding slowly through traffic on four naked rims, I was taken back to my early days on the streets, back before everybody had bulletproof tires and this was a common thing to deal with. I had completely forgotten about it over the years, spent so long with bulletproofs on every vehicle (and 99% of my opponent's) that I wouldn't even have thought to shoot his tires out had the situation been reversed.

• hei3enberg, manicmechanic71 and PondNewt like this

Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Prankster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

Hate Zentornos

THIS! With a vengeance. If I'm in a race and I see a Zentorno, I just know that there's a preteen little c*nt driving it, purely for ramming in to everyone.
  • Clorox Bleach likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago

It's also one of the few cheap cars that still stands a chance in races!
Not many people still use the Carbonizarre, despite it's bulletproof glitch - it makes an interesting Kuruma alternative!
  • hei3enberg likes this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

driving on the ground.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

The "casual" outfit that my character wears consists of a Black tank top, black cargo pants, black boots, a watch and silver chains - All original clothes from 2013.

cyberpunkdave
  • cyberpunkdave

It's Okay To Be Aesthetic

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I still rob stores.

I still go home and shower.

I still go to the strip club.

I still bone hookers.

muh negro 

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

I wear only clothes here from release date.

I move around by driving cars.

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

The "casual" outfit that my character wears consists of a Black tank top, black cargo pants, black boots, a watch and silver chains - All original clothes from 2013.

You mean the one with snakeskin or whatever it is on the sides?

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

You mean the one with snakeskin or whatever it is on the sides?

Nope, it's a modern black boot with white soles and orange detail, I'll try to find a picture of it.

The snakeskin one is ridiculous.

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

I meant the tank top.  :lol:

Don't remember a plain black full length tank.

Caysle
  • Caysle

The Stroke

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm nearing to level 500 with a single character I made on PS3 - no bans or bad sport. Still playing survivals, it is still fun.

I still wander highways and freeways with crew-colored cars, and 130 mph limit still sucks

• manicmechanic71 and kovaandr like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Pedinhuh, A week ago.

I meant the tank top.  :lol:

Don't remember a plain black full length tank.

Yeah I forgot to add that it's a black tank top for my male character, far as I'm aware females don't have full-length tank tops in the game, at least not 2013 original ones.
  • Verstappen likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users