Photo

Max Payne 2 15th Anniversary

3 replies to this topic
Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Snitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jack Lupino, 2 weeks ago.

This thread is dedicated to one of my all time favorite game and sequel to max payne(another classic 3rd person shooter game) .It turns 15 this year which was originally released on october 15,2003 for ps2,xbox and pc.

What are your favourite memories about this game?

I loved the song "Late Goodbye" by Poets of the fall and it fitted perfectly with games theme.

It had a very emotional storyline and immersive gameplay. Although it wasnt open world game,but the minor details showed in the game is very impressive. You could interact with objects that made the game feel more alive.

The ragdoll physics are probably the best thing about Max Payne 2. Making enemies fly off via grenade was tons of fun.

This game as also filled with most funny gltiches and easter eggs.

You could play both as Mona Sax and Max Payne which is amazing.

Due to better production values compared to the first game, including its more polished story, more professional scripts, and better acting and graphics. The complexity of Max's character was a welcomed change and he didnt look constipated anymore :lol:

Despite poor sales it got rave reviews from critics such as IGN and Gamespot.

So what is your opinion about this game? Do you think Rockstar will release mobile ports of this game like max payne 1? Discuss.

• Ivan1997GTA and Mr_Rager like this

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Rucke, 2 weeks ago.

I liked the game as well! The story was great, but perhaps a bit too short. The graphics and physics were really cutting edge for its time as well.

• Ivan1997GTA, Mr_Rager and Jack Lupino like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

"Max, dearest of all my friends"

I don't give a sh*t about reviews this game is awesome, need to play again.
  • ProKiller93, Femme Fatale, krypt0s and 1 other like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

The Cord

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Mr_Rager, A week ago.

Just recently completed it on the PS2, wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Lag only occurs in cutscenes and man the whole aesthetic of the game is perfect literally perfect. Being on rooftops and looking down at the street, everything feels epic in this game. The writing is at its best here, nothing quite like it has existed since, anywhere. The sections you play as Mona are underrated too, she's doing cartwheels and sh*t to dodge bullets or covering Max with a sniper.

Makes me sad that people here are probably as old as the game lmao
  • Jack Lupino likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users