Photo

Chappelle's Specials on Netflix

5 replies to this topic
BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:06 AM Edited by BUT THE BENZ, 06 January 2018 - 11:40 AM.

Sorry if there's an existing thread already, no redundancy intended, just couldn't find one!

Anyhow, I really dig Chappelle and I've always thought he's one of the funniest men on earth (along with will ferrell and a couple of other dudes)

A few people, I guess, say that he's not as good as he was back in the "chappelle show" days etc, but I think they're just player-hating and probably never had true love for his work.

His stuff on Netflix is great. He's just plain simple hilarious, his timing is....perfect!

I'm halfway through "equanimity", got his last piece "the bird revelation" ahead of me. I could listen to him all day long.

Long story short, absolutely recommendable!

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

He does great stuff in his new specials. Very happy hes made a return to the limelight.

That said, he still hasnt topped 'Killing Them Softly'. Ive watched that special so many times, funny every time.
  • BUT THE BENZ likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Equanimity was quality. The Bird Revelation started off well but fell flat around the middle and never recovered.

• Jimmy likes this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:45 AM Edited by BUT THE BENZ, 06 January 2018 - 11:48 AM.

@yenik

word! "at 3 o' clock in the morning, in the projects, in a f*ckin limousine" :D

• darthYENIK likes this

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

I donít have to take this, Iím going home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:05 PM Edited by That Guy There, 06 January 2018 - 08:06 PM.

Loved both episodes

Laughed hard at the beginning when he was making fun of when he was booed off stage.

Thats not true. I was booed, but I did not leave

Im like evil knievel I get paid for the attempt

Darth Yokel
  • Darth Yokel

A Sith now, aparently.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

That said, he still hasnt topped 'Killing Them Softly'. Ive watched that special so many times, funny every time.

I like "For What It's Worth" a lot more. However, I think that his last year's "The Age Of Spin" is his best work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users