Burnout Paradise HD Remaster

15 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

https://gematsu.com/...-march-16-japan

Confirmed in Japan, most likely hitting other regions too. No reason to keep it exclusive to Japan.

Paradise was the first game I played on my X360, it blew my mind back then.

It should be noted that this is the first remaster done by EA for current gen. If this turns out to be more than a simple port and has noticable graphical improvements, I wish they would continue the trend and remaster, if not completely redo some classics.

Remaster Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC, Need for Speed Underground 2, Most Wanted and Dead Space and you're sitting on a gold mine, EA.

Are you excited for this? I wouldn't mind a return to Paradise City.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not excited as I have Xbox One and Burnout Paradise is available for quite a time in the Backwards Compatibility. This game still look very nice and there is not really a reason for remastering it other than score a quick buck. I'll rather see new Burnout, but since Criterion is long gone I don't have high hopes for it.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Very Nice Mayor at Cities Skylines

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I got this for Steam from Humble Bundle charity bundle program.

Unlocked quite a lot of cars back then. The bike challenge was kinda annoying though.

Online was absolute bullsh*t. GTA Online racer level.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is really good news that someone at EA finally realized after 9 years that they own the Burnout series. Maybe they'll re-learn how to make good racing games. I'm just kinda worried EA will inject the microtransaction drug into it, or manage to somehow loyally screw everything up.

I'm now also wondering if The Ultimate Box will be remastered as well.

• Riqitch8, Android and Ivan1997GTA like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think I have it free with gold. Not played it yet.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I know it's a divisive game amongst Burnout fans, but I loooved Paradise. The map was so well designed, you could literally blast around at max speed for ever barring crashes, it all flowed together naturally. The DLC was great as well and assuming they include it all in the remaster it'd be great to play stuff like the Cops & Robbers DLC with an active playerbase again.

Riqitch8
  • Riqitch8

"She'll make .5 past light speed"

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is really good news that someone at EA finally realized after 9 years that they own the Burnout series. Maybe they'll re-learn how to make good racing games. I'm just kinda worried EA will inject the microtransaction drug into it, or manage to somehow loyally screw everything up.

This, I fully agree with. EA (as a publisher) used to have quite a good reputation, up until ~2012 and very recently with all of the Battlefront II-Reddit controversy. However you feel about EA, we can all agree on how EA has changed from what it used to be back in the 90s/00s to its rather controversial/ridiculed persona of today, and the sad part is that the same has probably happened to Criterion too (bar the persona part).  As a result, lootboxes/microtransactions will most likely be added to Paradise. I also agree on the "loyally screw everything up" part, and for that reason, I'm not going to get my hopes up despite being a huge Burnout fan.

But yes, it is great to see that Burnout will reappear again in the gaming world. I don't think it will be a huge revival like it is for Soul Calibur, purely because its a remaster/re-release instead of a sequel, but hopefully the interest its getting currently should be enough to ignite the fire once again. I just hope EA/Criterion use this remaster/re-release as a test to see how big the fanbase for Burnout is currently, and whether they can attract more. 

• Mister Pink and DOUGL4S1 like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

was anyone really asking for this?

waste of a license.

should've just bit the bullet and started working on Burnout 4.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

was anyone really asking for this?

waste of a license.

should've just bit the bullet and started working on Burnout 4.

This is kinda like getting socks for Christmas: Practically nothing but technically something.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

Idk, with all the mediocre titles they're releasing and another meh NFS game, I'd rather see EA doing remasters instead lol. They'd f*ck up Burnout 4 in one way or another.

Maybe I'll grab Paradise on sale or so but if they remastered some other titles, like the ones I mentioned, I'd be more than happy to play those.

Dead Space is a series I never bought besides the demos, if they released all 3 in one remastered package, it's an instant buy from me. I've heard so many good things about it but never got the chance to play it, just like Bioshock. I loved to experience the whole Bioshock package. Best remaster on the console.

But that's another debate, people think about remasters differently. If it's well done and worthy of being called a remaster with many improvements and collection/all dlc package, then that gets me interested especially when I haven't played it before.

I don't own Paradise anymore and if it's a good remaster, I think it's going to land on my list sooner or later.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm glad this is happening because although I got this game for free a while back, I always wanted it but never got it until nearly 10 years too late and it's last-gen and would have loved to have experienced new at the time. Now I can do that. With the likes of Forza: Horizon games, I don't know how relevant these arcade games are now that Horizon has sort of brought the arcade racer in to the modern age. After playing NFS Payback, I realized that I do like some arcade silliness so it might not be too bad an idea to release this type of game amidst all the more "realistic"-leaning racers out there at the moment.  

On the broader subject of remasters, as far as they go, I love them. To me it's like game-preservation. Modernizing the game visually and for current platforms so it can be revisited nostalgically by old fans, new fans may pick it up and people like me with Paradise that was meaning to get it originally but never got around to it.  

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Back in its day I was surprised by how light this game actually is considering the size and level of detail of the map. Pretty good for 2008 standards. Today I remember how I even tried to start a wiki about the Burnout series without actually knowing anything about it.

Never got the chance to play the DLC since it was never released on PC, and even if that happened I could never get it anyway because those were my pirate days.

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Great! This is probably my favorite racing game. Of course racing games have evolved a lot in last 10 years, but playing this for a first time is still one of the highlights of my racing career. It also contains more than a decent soundtrack which made driving even more enjoyable.

But last time I played the BC version I though that graphics sure don't look as nice as they used to (even if the game actually runs better than before). So, a remaster, if done properly, should make this game enjoyable again.

• Mister Pink likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I always liked the burnout series with Burnout 3 Takedown being my favorite followed by Burnout Revenge. I'm quite fond of Paradise and remember buying the game before I had the money for a PS3 system. :lol: a remaster will be nice, however I'm not too excited and will be waiting on some gameplay footage to see how much they will have improved on the graphics

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I thought this was all rumour at this stage as none of this has apparently been confirmed by EA or anyone involved with Burnout Paradise?

If it does return it will be a good game to have, I still have a free access to Burnout Paradise (I think it was a free PSN Plus game once) but I have

never actually played it so it would be intertesting to see what happens.

Not entirely convinced on that release date but time will tell.

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'm still waiting on a Vigilante 8 remaster.

• El Diablo, Tycek and Ivan1997GTA like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users