Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Hardest Doomsday Heist Mission is.....

137 replies to this topic
rubster73
  • rubster73

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:35 PM Edited by rubster73, 05 January 2018 - 06:35 PM.

Host health does not recharging, others are only in cover,

• Actlikeyouknow and Nossirag like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Salvage Hard Drives with just 2 players is by far the hardest of them all. (with 4 it's pretty easy, of course)

Not always.  I had a brain-dead AFK player on the recovery side and one of the water-canon players should hop out and provide cover as well.  If you have more than one recovery team member it won't let just one pick up the drives.

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

Act III finale is sort of harder with two people but also less stressful as it's two less people to worry about dying. Me and a crew member took our sweet time and communicated properly and thankfully made it to the end after tons of patience and perseverance.

I think one of the most nerve wracking moments in this finale was moving from one server room to the next after the hacker finished hacking each one as it was sort of difficult getting around the almost maze like structure of the room while enemies continue to infinitely respawn. It made it that much harder when I ran out of snacks and armor due to so many restarts and was only running on half a bar of health during the entire hacking sequence. Finding good cover spots during the hacking wasn't really much of a problem thankfully, I just took cover behind the last wall in each server room so my back was facing the wall and enemies could only come at me from one direction. It was the moving between server rooms that really had my blood pumping.

In retrospect, the first part of the finale wasn't too hard compared to the hacking part (especially with two people) and the last part was pretty much a breeze thankfully.
  • ash-274, Actlikeyouknow, Nossirag and 1 other like this

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:24 PM Edited by Mastah, 05 January 2018 - 08:24 PM.

Act 3 Finale is cancer, though.
Like, seriously. right after the checkpoint where Cliffford opens the door, where are you supposed to take cover? The walls don't work because there's a door in the way, but also ****ing boxes at the corners to PREVENT you from taking cover. What am I to do, only choice is to run in and hope the NPC don't proc their "minigun mode" on their rifles and kill you before you can say "where's the cover?"

Stand in place, where you respawn after dying in server room, or even further, whatever works for you. Shoot the door and kill all enemies you see. Remember there is imminent danger on the right, so rush into room and use this very small space on the left to take cover and kill them. That's all.

I still die every now and then but this is usually due to bugs like how they headshot or instant kill you even with full armor and health.

This. I was f*cked twice in a row by Terminator in Avenger mission. He killed me, I respawn and moments later I die again instantly. It's BS and unless it's getting patched, going to be a major problem on Criminal Mastermind runs.

wth is this rumor about "minigun mode" on enemy rifles and insta head shot ive finished act III 3 times by now and on second run already got through with few deaths, had bad cover or went too fast forward but 3rd time i learned better spots for cover but still shoot out of cover a lot, didnt still notice any weird bugs, it was also CMM run on third time.

What is it? This:

From full health to death in 0.6 seconds.
  • Cutter De Blanc, StangOne50, Rammer2k and 2 others like this

TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:53 PM Edited by TiberiusMcQueen, 05 January 2018 - 08:55 PM.

The key with the ULP mission is to find one good player to do the mission with, and not bother trying to get a full group, someone WILL get cocky/careless if you have a gull group, and they WILL f*** it up for everyone else, same with Avenger, just find one competent player that knows to take cover and be patient, and only shoot or move when they have a good opportunity, instead of just running out into the open wildly aiming at everything and getting destroyed as a result. That actually goes for almost every mission in this update actually, all it takes is one idiot, or one otherwise good player getting overconfident to make a mission go downhill. I'm kinda in the same boat as a lot of players with what the most difficult job was, I feel like it should be the Act III finale (that shootout during the hacking phase cost me all my armor and snacks, ended up staying ducked blind firing to take out the enemies because my health was too low to risk aiming), but ULP and Avenger gave me the most trouble, solely because of incompetent randoms. I think having gone through ULP and Avenger makes the finale easier because by then it's really been hammered in that you just need one competent player, not looking for a whole group saves a lot of time, and earns both you and your partner a lot more money.

• Coranub, StangOne50 and Rafae like this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

Act 3 finale is only hard if you don't know want to expect and go in unprepared. End up running out of snacks and armor too early, don't know how to do the hacks, etc.

I did it with a somewhat random (met her during heist matchups and stuck with her through all of Act 3).

We got stuck at the hack part. She was hacking first but gave up. I looked up YouTube videos on it and got it fast. But we were both out of armor and snacks at that point.

Finally we called it a day after being playing about 8 hours straight at that point. We tried it again after getting some rest and got it pretty fast. Saved snacks and armor until that point this time.

Remember the person doing the hack won't take damage during the hack. Don't stop moving when going from one console to the other, and stay on the outside edges of that floor, going around the back corners to avoid fire. Get from one console to the next as fast as possible. Other person just needs to defend themselves and stay alive.

As for which one is the hardest...a lot of them are challenging at points, especially the first times through. Personally gun fights are generally pretty easy to me. It's the ones where I don't have much cover and am defenceless that I struggle with.

I'd say the one I struggled with the most was rescuing Agent 14. That one took awhile, until we got the hang of it. Agent 14 kept dying, so eventually I stuck with him and made sure he was safe. And those damn invisible juggernauts, such a bitch. But even that one once you adapt it isn't too bad.

If anything the prep missions were the worst part. Doing them in freemode, often times by myself. The Deluxo mission I had to find someone. Think Act 2 has a part as well where I needed to transport four vehicles. Those are not fun, especially with the Paleto Bay facility.

Rescuing ULP is pretty easy too once you get the right strategy down about it (like going in the back door, having the sniper move down to the front door and camping in the office)

The Avenger one too, we found they come in waves, so it's best to just camp and slowly pick off the waves. This one only sucked more than others because this was the only mission I got the "CEO quit" bug. It would do it every other time we died. So we'd die and fail, then we'd respawn and it automatically fail us because CEO quit, then we'd restart and die, then we'd restart and the glitch happens again. Over and over.

But yeah, the rescue Agent 14 mission with the invisible juggernauts stands out as the worst, with the Act 3 finale right up there as the ones I remember failing the most on.

I think the only thing that makes these harder than the first heists is that we can't use the utility armor. Other wise I remember failing a good bit the first time through some of those missions, especially since I didn't know about the heavy armor then nor did I have a karuma.

Knowing what to expect from all the missions still makes Act 3 finale the hardest.

Like, seriously. right after the checkpoint where Cliffford opens the door, where are you supposed to take cover? The walls don't work because there's a door in the way, but also ****ing boxes at the corners to PREVENT you from taking cover. What am I to do, only choice is to run in and hope the NPC don't proc their "minigun mode" on their rifles and kill you before you can say "where's the cover?"

Stand in place, where you respawn after dying in server room, or even further, whatever works for you. Shoot the door and kill all enemies you see. Remember there is imminent danger on the right, so rush into room and use this very small space on the left to take cover and kill them. That's all.

I still die every now and then but this is usually due to bugs like how they headshot or instant kill you even with full armor and health.

This. I was f*cked twice in a row by Terminator in Avenger mission. He killed me, I respawn and moments later I die again instantly. It's BS and unless it's getting patched, going to be a major problem on Criminal Mastermind runs.

wth is this rumor about "minigun mode" on enemy rifles and insta head shot ive finished act III 3 times by now and on second run already got through with few deaths, had bad cover or went too fast forward but 3rd time i learned better spots for cover but still shoot out of cover a lot, didnt still notice any weird bugs, it was also CMM run on third time.

What is it? This:

HAHAHAHAHA.

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

What is it? This:

It just seems like some rapid-fire bug, but it's just multiple enemies hitting at the same time. In the first death in the video you can clearly see that there are at least two enemies taking shots by looking at the red markers where the shots came from.

Btw. It's a lot easier to go to the right side, as there is a lot more good cover.

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Hunting Deluxos since 2018

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

1) Avenger. One mistake can mean death, cover is... flimsy, to say the least and you're surrounded by enemies on all sides. The only hard mission imo, and even this is easy ones you get the strat down.

2) Act III Finale. Long firefights, but plenty of cover. You almost never gets surrounded. Very "corridory" fights.

3) Rescue ULP. I don't find this one hard, at all. But must place something in third spot I guess. Is a nightmare with a bad team though.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:28 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 06 January 2018 - 06:32 AM.

What is it? This:

I HAVE NEVER died like this, i rather often give NPC chance to get shots on me and still survive if i take cover at 1% health, ive completed ALL the heists (from fleeca to ddh) several times and played over 1000 hours of online, still NEVER seen this, ceo quit or some one rage quits is max i've seen.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

Man, that puzzle/hack was easy, lol.

Like old heists, with randoms or bugs, these are potentially the hardest jobs in the game...

But with friends/crews, nope!.
  • Nossirag likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

What is it? This:

That's it! That's. It!

That's the "Cheater Minigun Mode" The NPC loves to spam me with.

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Peon

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

When I've started play them in FP mode, none of them turned too hard. Salvage hard drives for me, because... I dunno, just don't like it. This downtime to take package and boom - instant death from recently came from nowhere enemy. 

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

My take on Act 3 finale so far,here are the spots where most people have problems with,

-The Hall after you take out the first 4 juggernauts,there are two guys tucked in on the left and right that will rapid fire you easily, mini gun them.

-the end of the left side tunnel where you have to turn sharp right has 3 guys,they have shotguns and will blindfire you also.

-the stairs before the control center has 3 guys on the top level, 1 guy behind a box on ground level then 2 juggernauts.
Take the guys out first then mini gun or snipe them using the thermal scope on Mk2 sniper.With 2 teams, this is easy,because juggernauts get distracted if you shoot them and you flank and kill them.

-server room
Move right, anti clockwise.
As soon as you go through the red door,take the right stairs and kill 2 bad guys quickly, each is at the top of each flight of stairs, run as a team, staying right,through to the servers,take cover then shoot opposite your teammates, you can use tear gas to slow them down, but keep it away from you.

This finale is the hardest but avoiding doing stupid things makes it easier.

Minigun is my preference also with the combat MG Mk2.

les999
  • les999

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

This is going to be my excuse for untimely death from now on :)

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

yoe_dirt
  • yoe_dirt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:45 AM

After helping a random play Act III finale, I just realize as associate, your health will heal completely, it makes things a lot easier, as the host would be the only one who struggles on maintaining their supplies.

Also, did they nerf the enemies? they seemed to deal less damage, as I didn't die even once during the mission, not even using any body armor

my health wasn't recharging all the way--not on hard, anyway--maybe your host nerfed the enemies by setting it on normal?

Nope, we were playing on hard, well maybe it's just me then

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

none of them.

just did the cmm challenge flawlessly.

the chernobog mission is the most f*cking annoying though.

Arnold165
  • Arnold165

GTA is love. GTA is life. :P

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Act III finale is sort of harder with two people but also less stressful as it's two less people to worry about dying. Me and a crew member took our sweet time and communicated properly and thankfully made it to the end after tons of patience and perseverance.
I think one of the most nerve wracking moments in this finale was moving from one server room to the next after the hacker finished hacking each one as it was sort of difficult getting around the almost maze like structure of the room while enemies continue to infinitely respawn. It made it that much harder when I ran out of snacks and armor due to so many restarts and was only running on half a bar of health during the entire hacking sequence. Finding good cover spots during the hacking wasn't really much of a problem thankfully, I just took cover behind the last wall in each server room so my back was facing the wall and enemies could only come at me from one direction. It was the moving between server rooms that really had my blood pumping.
In retrospect, the first part of the finale wasn't too hard compared to the hacking part (especially with two people) and the last part was pretty much a breeze thankfully.

I agree with you, my friend! When I did Act III finale for the first time with another friend, it was hard for us and eventually, we ran out of snacks and armor lol. Thankfully though, we had the time and patience and we finished it! For my second time, I did it with 3 other friends (first time for them) and it was much easier even though we died a few times. So, I agree that it can be a pain with just 2 players and the sever room can be a pain too. A trick I did is to push in an area where there are not a lot of enemies to go to the next server.
  • Rafae likes this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

The Act 3 finale is hardest for me...even good players seem to die randomly and repeatedly... I've found it can be easier with only 2 players if they stick together instead of splitting up at the tunnel fork. The lead player keeps to cover and the NPC will focus on him while the player in back takes them out.
  • Rafae likes this

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

act 3 finale is a " no go" with randoms.

you can do most of the other acts and even the 3rd act setup with randoms BUT the finale is just no. granted if you can find high ranks or players who know how the heist plays and what will happen then you have a chance. but for 90% chance that you don't get such players it's doomed from the start.

must say that altough the heist(s) are fun there are some points that got a noticable increase in difficulty. the hacking (well it's more annyoing then anything else) the avon clones are cops 2.0 with their aim,and the shootout inside buildings setups such as that ULP mission and the avenger mission can be frustrating even if you have done them several times before.

but the better checkpoint system is a blessing. 

• ash-274 likes this

TheGuyBehindYou
  • TheGuyBehindYou

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:29 AM Edited by TheGuyBehindYou, 08 January 2018 - 12:42 AM.

Just to warn everyone, in the Save agent 14 setup mission, that one buzzard can shoot rockets.

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:22 AM

Chernobog Prep - I'm okay with driving a slow vehicle with zero ways to defend myself from south LS to Lago Zancudo, but the thing is Merryweather always frighten the NPCs, which causes them to go apesh*t and drive directly in front of the barrage and increase the chances of it being destroyed.

Escort ULP - Too much of a hastle. Follow ULP. Stop the barrage. Sit there as your teammate fires half the missiles at one heli. Wait for them to reload. Observe as the enemies slowly wear down the Havok while you wait. Follow ULP and repeat. Absolutely boring. Would've completed Act III more often but this setup is the reason I'm so hesitant to replay it.

Don't get why we couldn't use the Akulas from the first setup. They're far more useful here. 

• ash-274 and bantonson15 like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:00 AM Edited by Shadowfennekin, 08 January 2018 - 03:03 AM.

Avengers not as bad anymore.

Assuming you're not stuck with low levels.

I just joined up with a level 200 who was doing it, and a 300 joined in. We cleaned house

And Chernobog prep? lol, funny thing is... I did get to it before they did the 'fixes' though, so I doubt it's possible anymore.... I got the Zancudo test site for it... with a Lago Zancudo Facility lmao

It is a bitch to get that thing to Paleto though, I do help the CEO clear the guys out... but if we're driving the one near the bottom of the f*cking map all the way to Paleto because they wanted to be a cheap ass, they can drive that slow PoS vehicle up there themselves, I'm not. I'll support with my Deluxo, but I'm not driving that thing that far

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

Just to warn everyone, in the Save agent 14 setup mission, that one buzzard can shoot rockets.

Yep, me and a crew member found this out the hard way lol

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Me and my friends use an insurgent pickup custom in this setup because of this. In other missions were there are no explosives or mini guns in enemy hands we use a kuruma.

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Me and my friends use an insurgent pickup custom in this setup because of this. In other missions were there are no explosives or mini guns in enemy hands we use a kuruma.

We did fine with the armored kuruma, we just swerved out of the way as soon as the Buzzard appeared, HL'd it and hopped back in the Kuruma. Funny enough, the armored Kuruma was totally unaffected by the juggernauts, I would have thought the miniguns would have shredded it to bits in just a couple seconds but nope.

TheGuyBehindYou
  • TheGuyBehindYou

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Yeah same here, lost CM III yesterday because of this...

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

I think I've done act 3 a good 3 or four times now, initially it was a struggle but now even on hard it's relatively simple with the right strats; communication is key, that and having a guy with a minigun.

• KWF1981 likes this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:34 AM Edited by GenericGTAO, 15 January 2018 - 04:35 AM.

After playing ACT 3 several different times with randoms, its my belief that a person with a laggy connection to mine is the cause for miniguning npcs. A lagger standing next to me, I will be dead from full health even with the snack menu open, its as if the npcs do player type damage. Your snacks become useless. If you see a person teleporting at the choose your vehicle checkpoint, look out.

gmintz09
  • gmintz09

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

First play through, the missions that struck me as the most challenging/difficult (on the "hard" setting) were:

1. Act III finale
  2. Rescuing Agent 14
  3. Avenger

A lot of dying in those for myself and my team.  Took several tries to get it down pat.  Now with the right strategy, I find them more entertaining than irritating. 

• Jimbatron and rebeldevil like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ this is actually a key difference between heists and contact missions.

The Los Santos connection can be blasted through in any way provided you've got skill. Heists need to be approached with a strategy. There may be different ones but you need to pick a method for each component and stick with it. When a team mate goes off piste that's when you have a death.
  • joel15cat and gmintz09 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users