Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Hardest Doomsday Heist Mission is.....

137 replies to this topic
les999
  • les999

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Avenger of course, but only if you're in free aim. With assisted aim it's not too bad.

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

Nah Act III finale is
  • bulldog385, APB, Actlikeyouknow and 1 other like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

1. Act 3 finale

2. Rescue ULP

3. Avenger

• bulldog385 and Actlikeyouknow like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Avenger really isn't hard. Just run for cover behind the tanker on the left, then pick off people from behind the buildings, using the thermal scope to get the ones in the rafters. ULP though...

• Actlikeyouknow and KWF1981 like this

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

Act 3 finale. Play it on hard. 

• Rafae and Actlikeyouknow like this

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

Founder of LRMC Motorcycle Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

Act 3 finale is only hard if you don't know want to expect and go in unprepared. End up running out of snacks and armor too early, don't know how to do the hacks, etc.

I did it with a somewhat random (met her during heist matchups and stuck with her through all of Act 3).

We got stuck at the hack part. She was hacking first but gave up. I looked up YouTube videos on it and got it fast. But we were both out of armor and snacks at that point.

Finally we called it a day after being playing about 8 hours straight at that point. We tried it again after getting some rest and got it pretty fast. Saved snacks and armor until that point this time.

Remember the person doing the hack won't take damage during the hack. Don't stop moving when going from one console to the other, and stay on the outside edges of that floor, going around the back corners to avoid fire. Get from one console to the next as fast as possible. Other person just needs to defend themselves and stay alive.

As for which one is the hardest...a lot of them are challenging at points, especially the first times through. Personally gun fights are generally pretty easy to me. It's the ones where I don't have much cover and am defenceless that I struggle with.

I'd say the one I struggled with the most was rescuing Agent 14. That one took awhile, until we got the hang of it. Agent 14 kept dying, so eventually I stuck with him and made sure he was safe. And those damn invisible juggernauts, such a bitch. But even that one once you adapt it isn't too bad.

If anything the prep missions were the worst part. Doing them in freemode, often times by myself. The Deluxo mission I had to find someone. Think Act 2 has a part as well where I needed to transport four vehicles. Those are not fun, especially with the Paleto Bay facility.

Rescuing ULP is pretty easy too once you get the right strategy down about it (like going in the back door, having the sniper move down to the front door and camping in the office)

The Avenger one too, we found they come in waves, so it's best to just camp and slowly pick off the waves. This one only sucked more than others because this was the only mission I got the "CEO quit" bug. It would do it every other time we died. So we'd die and fail, then we'd respawn and it automatically fail us because CEO quit, then we'd restart and die, then we'd restart and the glitch happens again. Over and over.

But yeah, the rescue Agent 14 mission with the invisible juggernauts stands out as the worst, with the Act 3 finale right up there as the ones I remember failing the most on.

I think the only thing that makes these harder than the first heists is that we can't use the utility armor. Other wise I remember failing a good bit the first time through some of those missions, especially since I didn't know about the heavy armor then nor did I have a karuma.
  • les999, Arrows to Athens, Actlikeyouknow and 3 others like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

The invisible juggernauts weren't too bad, and you are given Thermal Vision in the mission which makes them very much visible.  I just dropped a few sticky bombs when I walked in where they first appeared and they were all dead or badly wounded at the push of a button (and a few thousand bucks).

Rescue ULP was a kick in the sack, but that was mostly due to me being new to it, crappy randoms (inside and/or outside the foundry), and thinking the guards would reveal themselves if I stayed in the office.  The trick was to just be a little "Rambo" and don't try to camp.  And if someone brings a Kuruma, it makes the drive back much easier.

The Act III Finale was just LONG and can be frustrating if the hacker(s) don't know what they're doing.  100+ kills per "guardian" non-hacker is a bit tedious... and expensive.

I only had to restart the Avenger mission once, and that was because I didn't know it was going to be a black-out crossfire trap.  We just moved slowly from cover with one on the ground shooting and the other one and myself leap-frogging to cover and clearing out guards.

The Deluxo Prep mission when working solo is a huge pain to complete in 20 minutes, even if using Cargobob's to skip the driving.  If I bought one of the eastern or Paleto Bay Facilities I would have EWO'ed myself!  Add even one d-bag in the lobby to interfere and it's impossible to do all four cars in one attempt.

• les999 likes this

yoe_dirt
  • yoe_dirt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

Act 3 it is for me, finally managed to finish it on hard with 3 players, one of them is level 13-ish, and he ran out of ammo midway, lol.

Being able to communicate through microphone really made a different

Rescue ULP is the most frustrating because I kept getting partners who kept dying when placed as lookout, and as a host you dont get any rewards, so it makes it worse.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:34 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 05 January 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Avenger is definitely a banana skin given the fighting is fully inside so you can't use any kind of armored vehicle. The three hardest for me are:

1) Act III Finale

I completed it with two people for the first time last night - which is noticeably harder than with 4 (compared to some setups where the number of players doesn't really matter). If you know what to do an where the bad-guys spawn it's not horrendous. However, it's the sheer volume of enemies that can present a problem. You can be doing well, and then all of a sudden, bam, headshot whilst you thought you were completely in cover, and you're dead.

2) Avenger

No opportunity to use a vehicle in this and the night vision isn't great. The secret to success is memorising where the bad guys are and systematically picking them off in a specific order. You are most likely to die if you move forward to a new cover position, and you didn't realise there was a bad guy behind/to the side/above you. Even if you don't actually shoot with it, using the thermal sniper scope (assuming you've researched it) to pick out where they are is invaluable.

3) Rescue ULP. The big risk is outside IMHO. Inside you can just take it slow and take cover. If we have three or more people, I would put two people outside and in an Insurgent Pickup custom. That helps deal with both the volume of foot soldiers, but also the buzzards. If you have only two people it's much harder. Outside if on foot I took cover behind the stacked pipes - past the main entrance. The boxes by the door do not provide enough cover. Inside, it's just a case of using cover and being patient.

Rescue Agent 14 used to feel hard, but now I've got it sussed out we can do it easily with 2 players.

1) Don't kill the last badguy straight away when you arrive at the warehouse (leave one up on the gantries alive), as that triggers the juggernauts to spawn, plant traps first, as in 2) below, then kill the final bad guy when ready.

2) Use sticky bombs and proxy mines for where the first wave of juggernauts comes in. If that doesn't kill them all, juggernauts will tend to "lock on" to one player. Someone who isn't being shot at should headhot them whilst those under fire remain in cover.

3) Have a custom insurgent pickup parked outside to clear the way to the helicopters. 2 more sets of two juggernauts spawn, but your gunner should make short work of them. The two that spawn at the gate can also be run over if you position yourself right for when they spawn. When I did this as driver it didn't kill them but they were knocked to the floor making them easy pickings.

Other banana skin type missions (if you're going to try a CMM run):

Server Farm:

When you've done the final hack you have to get back to the center. Move to the side walls and go back that way - it means you don't have to worry about being attacked from both sides. There are also fewer enemies at the edges and you can dash back quick. Kill the guys on the walkway by the elevator before proceeding up the spiral staircase. On the outside, don't be afraid to invest in heavy weaponry to send a few rpgs or minigun rounds. Make sure on team member has the job of getting rid of the helicopters whilst the rest concentrate on the guys on the ground. Having your attention divided (e.g. you try to shoot a heli and a foot trooper flanks you) is the biggest risk.

Salvage Hard Drives:

Not difficult when you know how, obviously stay in the armoured riot van and use it to shield anyone who gets out to retrieve a drive from the remaining bad-guys after you have killed most of them. What you have to watch out for is the penultimate part in the La Mesa district. Badguys re-spawn in the center, even if you are very close. That can lead to people getting shot in the back and dying without warning - so you need to work your way around the edges.

These are the setups I'd proceed with caution in doing a CMM run. Knowing how to proceed though is key. The biggest risk is having an inexperienced team mate who dashes forward and dies all the time.

• les999, Rafae and Actlikeyouknow like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

I'm never doing the Act III finale again lol

Replayed it with just one other person and it was legitimately the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game. Thank god we ended up completing it after massive amounts of patience.
  • Chrome Toyota Prius, Nossirag and Liquid Snake 245 like this

WillProx
  • WillProx

Merc, hitman, smuggler, At your service.

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Well, on PC there is only hard mission for me - Avenger

TheGuyBehindYou
  • TheGuyBehindYou

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:11 AM Edited by TheGuyBehindYou, 05 January 2018 - 09:12 AM.

First time doing the heist a few jobs were really difficult, but once you do them a few times it becomes pretty easy imo. When I played the act III finale the first time with one other player we died around 5 times, after that I completed the finale 3 more times, all of them with the same player and never died. You just need to get the hang of it.

• Actlikeyouknow and Nossirag like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

Depends on how many players you are playing with.

Salvage Hard Drives with just 2 players is by far the hardest of them all. (with 4 it's pretty easy, of course)

• Jimbatron, alkaline_ and Zee Gate Keepa like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:10 AM Edited by GenericGTAO, 05 January 2018 - 01:04 PM.

I would say ACT 3 finale as well. I thought the rescue agent 14 and avenger were tough as well.
  • Nossirag likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:44 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 05 January 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Depends on how many players you are playing with.

Salvage Hard Drives with just 2 players is by far the hardest of them all. (with 4 it's pretty easy, of course)

This - and sometimes, paradoxically, certain missions can be easier with a smaller team - there are fewer people to die. The Chernobog setup is actually very easy with 2 players, if long and a bit tedious once the novelty of using that big launcher wears off. Inside it though, 2 players are virtually invulnerable. You can stop to fire, and guys on foot right next to you won't do any real damage through it's armour and bullet proof glass. If someone dies on this mission, it's normally when you have 3 or 4 players - someone who has taken a ramp buggy. If you've got more than two people, another vehicle such as a custom insurgent pickup is recommended.

• Sagrawa likes this

SirHedge
  • SirHedge

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Avenger for me. That was horrible. Did with two friends nobody unlocked the thermal so it was a pain eh.

ULP was not that bad. My friend died a lot outside then I thought what if he comes in the factory and it was so easy after that.

Didn't reach Act3 finale yet but I'm starting to worry.

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

The Act III heist is not hard, its only long.

ULP and Avenger for me.

Hard drives is long too but not hard.
  • WillProx likes this

rubster73
  • rubster73

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:35 PM Edited by rubster73, 05 January 2018 - 01:41 PM.

As for ULP, lookout dont have to go to yellow point in the tower!

They can also hide inside the building or take armored car.

Take a karuma and park it in front of the door.

To get in front of the door get acces through the alley at the back side.

Park it a bit in the alley as buzzurds can fire missles.

Just shoot fromout the car, easy.

I also have buzzard in MOC. I call in a buzzard to make it easier.

Avenger is easy with aim and sniper with termal. Stay in cover in front off building.

When mission starts go directly left or right behind pilars. Best overvieuw Also use the combat mg.

Ther is no timer so take youre time.

Act3 is easy, take out jugs with minigun.

Hacking, if youre not host and stay in cover youre health will recover.

Work in a triangle and headshot them, for elite ;)

The rest is easy, front man running through with shotgun. 

I also find easier to play with 2 than with 4.

Sometimes players get in the way or take a cover spot.

Use youre snacks and armor.

• Killer Whale likes this

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Avenger of course, but only if you're in free aim.

Yep. In free aim there are few difficult missions, but with aiming assists? If you don't play with random and dumb people, you shouldn't have problems.

Server Farm - after hacking run back close to outer walls and outside staying in cover one person destroys everything with minigun, while second person finishes them off with long range weapon of choice

Avenger - run to cover, stay there and kill everyone in your sight, scan your environment with thermal scope, move to the next cover, repeat steps until you cleared hangar

Rescue ULP - defend person inside foundry by sitting in Insurgent Pick-Up Custom and killing everyone, snacks are useful if your health is low

Salvage Hard Drives - extinguish fires first and then use RCV as a cover with every single van

Rescue Agent 14 - use Kuruma/Insurgent Pick-Up Custom, kill everyone, park it at the southern end of shipyard, first wave of Juggernauts should be killed with minigun by a person on the left, second wave by player on the right, hop back into your armored car, make your way until third wave spawns, kill them shooting in the gap between 2 stacks of planks (or whatever it is), trigger fourth wave, but this time drive north and annihilate them with minigun shooting through fence

The Doomsday Scenario - TAKE YOUR TIME, use cover, kill everyone, run to the next cover and so on, Juggernauts = minigun, before you enter server room, shoot the door first and kill all visible enemies, then very carefully walk through door and kill 3-4 guys on the left, use stairs behind red door and move, move, move to the first server, do not stop, CEO hacks it, while you take cover getting benefit of free health regen (though it's not necessary, snacks and armor should be enough), remember that hacker is almost invincible during hacking, so the most important thing is to protect yourself, take cover behind a server, so you are only vulnerable from one direction, if you are done with that side move and clear the other side, repeat until hacking is completed and go to another server, do not stop, shoot few enemies, roll, and move, when all 4 servers are hacked it's pretty straightforward, the only thing to remember is that there are explosive crates in tight corridors, so be careful around them
  • les999 likes this

les999
  • les999

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

I suppose it's just a matter of learning as you go. I remember with pac standard finale it used to be an absolute nightmare running from the bank to the bikes.

Now i know it well and can run on my own without heist suit, and im not much good at shooting lots of enemies quickly.

Some useful tips above thanks...

• Jimbatron likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:21 PM Edited by EkaSwede, 05 January 2018 - 04:43 PM.

Avenger can get really hard if none of you have thermal scope (Unless you're a natural pro at sniping with good eyesight, both which I lack). A friend and I had some trouble, and I  had to do the lead since I had access to thermal scopes while he didn't.

Act 3 Finale is cancer, though.

Like, seriously. right after the checkpoint where Cliffford opens the door, where are you supposed to take cover? The walls don't work because there's a door in the way, but also ****ing boxes at the corners to PREVENT you from taking cover. What am I to do, only choice is to run in and hope the NPC don't proc their "minigun mode" on their rifles and kill you before you can say "where's the cover?"

I curse whoever creates useless cover spots with eternally bleeding hemorrhoids and explosive diarrhea!

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:51 PM Edited by StangOne50, 05 January 2018 - 04:53 PM.

Avenger can get really hard if none of you have thermal scope (Unless you're a natural pro at sniping with good eyesight, both which I lack). A friend and I had some trouble, and I  had to do the lead since I had access to thermal scopes while he didn't.

Act 3 Finale is cancer, though.

Like, seriously. right after the checkpoint where Cliffford opens the door, where are you supposed to take cover? The walls don't work because there's a door in the way, but also ****ing boxes at the corners to PREVENT you from taking cover. What am I to do, only choice is to run in and hope the NPC don't proc their "minigun mode" on their rifles and kill you before you can say "where's the cover?"

I curse whoever creates useless cover spots with eternally bleeding hemorrhoids and explosive diarrhea!

You can take cover on the left or right wall. You can also go through the doors and take cover right behind the short walls in front of the door. Keep your snack menu open until the first few enemies are down and you are up the stairs.

After doing these a few times now I would say none of them are really hard even with 2 players. I still die every now and then but this is usually due to bugs like how they headshot or instant kill you even with full armor and health.

The hardest part of act 3 finale is managing snacks and armor to last till the end but this is much easier with 4 players. Once you learn to play with the snack menu open its not too bad.

• EkaSwede and Nossirag like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Well, I play on PC so if I bring up the menu my mouse pointer appears and I can't use my guns. I miss using snacks with the taunt key while in cover.

• Nossirag likes this

yoe_dirt
  • yoe_dirt

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

After helping a random play Act III finale, I just realize as associate, your health will heal completely, it makes things a lot easier, as the host would be the only one who struggles on maintaining their supplies.

Also, did they nerf the enemies? they seemed to deal less damage, as I didn't die even once during the mission, not even using any body armor

• Actlikeyouknow likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:40 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 05 January 2018 - 05:42 PM.

wth is this rumor about "minigun mode" on enemy rifles and insta head shot ive finished act III 3 times by now and on second run already got through with few deaths, had bad cover or went too fast forward but 3rd time i learned better spots for cover but still shoot out of cover a lot, didnt still notice any weird bugs, it was also CMM run on third time.

Im very good at doomsday heists and setups by now after helping randoms a lot, if you need help send me invite.

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

wth is this rumor about "minigun mode" on enemy rifles and insta head shot ive finished act III 3 times by now and on second run already got through with few deaths, had bad cover or went too fast forward but 3rd time i learned better spots for cover but still shoot out of cover a lot, didnt still notice any weird bugs, it was also CMM run on third time.

Im very good at doomsday heists and setups by now after helping randoms a lot, if you need help send me invite.

"Minigun mode" is a term some people use. What it is is when an enemy NPC aims their gun at you lets off a rapid burst of fire that is super accurate. THis burst has a fire rate that seems to rival the minigun in lethality and accuracy. Like they could be using the Assault Rifle, which has kind alow rate of fire, and appear to fire off 100 bullets in one second or so. From my experience they only do this when they're in the open.

• Nossirag likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

and i still have to say after doing every doomsday thing 3 times (either helping others or just making it elite/CMM i never seen the burst mode, they just shoot at you normally

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:03 PM Edited by StangOne50, 05 January 2018 - 06:06 PM.

This has been going on since old heists. I have heard it referred to as a rapid fire bug where enemies have rapid fire and you can die instantly without even seeing your armor or snacks diminish. Its just instant death like a head shot but they are not supposed to headshot you.
To me there is obvious difference in normal deaths and deaths from this bug and I have completed 5 cmm myself.

Also, did they nerf the enemies? they seemed to deal less damage, as I didn't die even once during the mission, not even using any body armor

I dont think enemies have been nerfed. Maybe you are just getting better with practice :oD
  • Actlikeyouknow and Nossirag like this

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:13 PM Edited by nido997, 05 January 2018 - 06:19 PM.

for me it was definitely the Avenger Setup ... oh man I was soooo mad and annoyed , I always rush things so it was even more difficult for me to finish the setup ....

my issue there is that I can´t see where the bullets come from ...and that makes me mad everytime ....

Act III finale was hard too , but somehow I repeated the Avenger setup more often ( Minigun FTW )...

ah yeah I always play in free aim , on PC , worth to mention here :)

KazzMajol
  • KazzMajol

Ancient One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

ACT III finale on hard is definitely the hardest, but super fun--and very profitable when done with only two players.    i'd like to try it with four but i'm hearing it might be even harder that way?    

haven't read the whole thread, so i don't know if somebody already pointed this out, but last night my teammate discovered some red doors that open into a "safe" hallway near each hack location where you can hold out until you hear the done hacking beep and cut down on the burnt-up snacks/armor.       i had nothing left but Pisswasser at that point, so i'm pretty sure it's the only reason we made it through.

also, it might just be me, but it took me a few tries on the Server Farm mission in Act I (i think) to NOT just be lost as hell in that huge room.

GREAT work, rockstar!!!    best damn game ever.

After helping a random play Act III finale, I just realize as associate, your health will heal completely, it makes things a lot easier, as the host would be the only one who struggles on maintaining their supplies.

my health wasn't recharging all the way--not on hard, anyway--maybe your host nerfed the enemies by setting it on normal?

• Nossirag likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users