• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
djb204
  • djb204

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Sure we see Dutch's gang in the trailer, but it's all for hype. Dutch's gang will be in RDR2 but they will just be a mission contact like West Dickens, Irish, Bonnie MacFarlane, etc. Dutch and his gang will be a mission contact who we work with for a few missions. Arthur has his own gang and probably doesn't interact with John Marston much (if at all). This is why John Marston never mentioned Arthur.

Rockstar knew presenting the trailer this way would create hype and raise questions and produce theories, etc. In the end, Arthur is NOT apart of Dutch's gang, and Dutch's gang is not who we see riding with Arthur is the trailers. We see Dutch's gang in some RDR2 images and a few times during the trailer, but these are small encounters of a much bigger story in RDR2.

Believe me or not, I don't care lol. This is how it is though.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

incredulous.gif
  • joshua969, Raj Brunner and Heidi McCourt like this

Heidi McCourt
  • Heidi McCourt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

Sure we see Dutch's gang in the trailer, but it's all for hype. Dutch's gang will be in RDR2 but they will just be a mission contact like West Dickens, Irish, Bonnie MacFarlane, etc. Dutch and his gang will be a mission contact who we work with for a few missions. Arthur has his own gang and probably doesn't interact with John Marston much (if at all). This is why John Marston never mentioned Arthur.

Rockstar knew presenting the trailer this way would create hype and raise questions and produce theories, etc. In the end, Arthur is NOT apart of Dutch's gang, and Dutch's gang is not who we see riding with Arthur is the trailers. We see Dutch's gang in some RDR2 images and a few times during the trailer, but these are small encounters of a much bigger story in RDR2.

Believe me or not, I don't care lol. This is how it is though.

We are all sure that Arthur is not a part of dutch's gang but rather he's the leader of his own gang, because a famous RDR2 and GTA online leaker that predicted many GTA online DLC and predicted Arthur Morgan's name along with everything we know now about the game 2 years before the first trailer. Now here's why I think you're wrong, If you go to the description of RDR2 for the second trailer R* says "The all-new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2, the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive." Now I understand that R* is great at misleading people into thinking something else for example with RDR1 they only mentioned us hunting down bill until later down the line we found out we had to hunt down Javier and Dutch but I'm sure R* would've at least worded it differently if the van der linde gang were compared to a small portion of the game such as each character you mentioned in RDR as each of them take up small portions of the game, Im sure they would not have had Dutch's gang one the front cover of RDR2 if they were simply just a mission contact R* doesn't mislead this much. Also the same leaker said that Arthur Morgan and his gang along with dutch's gang would be running from the law throughout the majority of the game. Obviously Arthur's gang and Dutch's gang will be robbing, fighting, and stealing for survival while being on the run. Other than that Im sure Dutch's gang will be a key factor within this prequel, obviously Arthur will have his own problem's, meet new people and will have his own story overall, but outside of that Dutch's gang will pay a large part of the game.

• Cozzi, SeniorDerp and elenafisher like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

I don't think it's the case. I believe he's an integral part of the gang, buy maybe not from the beginning. In any case, that remains to be seen. 

• Heidi McCourt likes this

djb204
  • djb204

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:59 AM Edited by djb204, 04 January 2018 - 07:00 AM.

At the 0:50 of the trailer you can see Arthur's camp and all the outlaws in his gang. When the native says 'we're gonna need an extra gun", he's telling Arthur to choose which of these outlaws within camp to accompany them on the mission at hand. Player's will be able to choose who goes along. When/If these recruited outlaw die, they don't respawn. Playing as Arthur, we can recruit AI members into Morgan's gang. Some missions might require a sharpshooter, lock picker, indian tracker, etc, so having a large gang with a variety of members with different skills/abilities will be good for what ever mission is at hand, but....  Arthur Morgan must keep each member satisfied financially so he must spread out the jobs/missions evenly among all his gang members or else those not being treated right will leave the gang if they ain't getting opportunities to get paid.

https://www.youtube....h?v=F63h3v9QV7w

• Cozzi likes this

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

I mean, that's just like your opinion man. Though you seem oddly specific and certain. lol

I will say I like the cut of your jib about Arthur's gang and the recruitment. We obviously don't really know for certain until we see and hear more, though I've heard Dutch and the gang mentioned a hell of a lot from private sources, soooo...you might be off base.
  • Heidi McCourt likes this

djb204
  • djb204

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:50 AM Edited by djb204, 04 January 2018 - 07:52 AM.

DGSimo
  • DGSimo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

350x700px-LL-31dfee04_P6A22bX.gif
  • BöömBäpper and Heidi McCourt like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Aurora Creek, Oregon

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Well this is going places. You've already posted in Dutch's Gang's thread anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users