Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

94 replies to this topic
Danie122
  • Danie122

Rat

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted A week ago

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

No, I have an extremely modern high-end system and I still have to turn down some of the settings to get a consistent frame rate.

Same

• Gummy  likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted A week ago

If they follow the LA Noire pattern, they're going to announce it shortly before release. I hope they put some effort into it. While IV doesn't need to be remastered, it could be remastered to give us a superior and fresh version of the game. I wouldn't mind that at all.

For the love of god, don't make it a San Andreas HD. Don't change anything about the atmosphere. Bump up resolution, fps, refresh a few textures and do some other graphical quality improvements and I'm sold.
  • Hmmm nice bike, Algonquin Assassin, assCRACK_98 and 3 others like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I especially wouldn't mind having IV on a PS4. It'd be way more convenient to have it available next to the other games I play the most often, and to play multiplayer with friends on it again without having to buy my first Xbox Live subscription in about 5 years (and I'm sure IV's multiplayer on the 360 and PS3 is either dead or full of modders by now). Also, this is a mild and petty annoyance, but the 360 is loud as f*ck now that I think about it, and it's very noticeable now given how quiet every other device I've got is.

Plus, a slight graphical update that comes with it would really not be the end of the world or the one thing that ruins the game.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Gravarty, A week ago.

Yeah the only thing that needs to be updated is the RAGE engine. GTA IV doesn't even reach 60 FPS on modern gaming PC's. It doesn't even run well on consoles.. and no, it's not because the console are too weak, just look how nice GTA V runs on last-gen consoles (without patches ofc, online ruined everything). Textures still look nice today, even though some textures could be updated, like prop textures and some other little things.. but that's basically it. 

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Honestly I'd be fine if they released the game exactly as it is on PS4. As long as it looks as good as the PC version maxed out.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

If they follow the LA Noire pattern, they're going to announce it shortly before release. I hope they put some effort into it. While IV doesn't need to be remastered, it could be remastered to give us a superior and fresh version of the game. I wouldn't mind that at all.

For the love of god, don't make it a San Andreas HD. Don't change anything about the atmosphere. Bump up resolution, fps, refresh a few textures and do some other graphical quality improvements and I'm sold.

i said the same thing the other day Im placing my bets at a February announcement

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, A week ago.

San Andreas' HD port was sh*t because they outsourced the game to a third party developer rather than in-house at one of the Rockstar studios. LA Noire on the other hand was remastered in-house that's why it's so good. Hopefully Rockstar would do it themselves rather than send it out to some developer and f*ck it up. I wouldn't want to see Niko looking like he has baby oil all over his body lol.

I'll completely admit that IV is far from running stable and I have experience a lot of pop-ins and stuttering while playing the game. If Rockstar would remaster it for current gen consoles and rework it for PC since IV was even worse on PC than both consoles IV was on originally, I'll be really ok with that and would happily buy it again. 

• Algonquin Assassin and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

I have made some more Grand Theft Auto IV 10th Anniversary Screenshots.

RhLTO0L.jpg

yStIAy3.jpg

XHmCkyE.png

ZUYcZuC.jpg

qNyRvr5.jpg

LDlLrYC.jpg

qK9MQSD.jpg

pLBpxIv.jpg

• Ivan1997GTA and Neon_Dreaming like this

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

Mr. President, with all my respects, you should make the logo way smaller if you want to make it look more realistic.

a4e77b181b5edf2edc6dc87c0982bfe2_gta-4-g

_________

I throw away a question, if GTA IV has to upgrade something (a feature from V) what would you say?

- Me: weapon wheel system. (it is more comfortable, and I liked it since RDR)

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Mr. President, with all my respects, you should make the logo way smaller if you want to make it look more realistic.

Come on, be nice, you know Reagan had Alzheimer's...

Awesome screenshots though, really making me want to get back on my old Xbox and play through the story mode again!

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Sadly, if they ever remastered GTA IV it probably wouldn't be released for PC. Rockstar doesn't give a damn about it so it'd be only for PS4 & XOne.

Not to mention that they would ruin it by dumbing down the physics just to make it more stable. I'm looking at you, V.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I dont think they give a damn about  GTAIV   5 and the next games are what matter now, i doubt we will see anything, just enjoy the memorys or load it on your pc and play again and thankgod it never turned out like 5

SchizNitz
  • SchizNitz

yo

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by SchizNitz, A week ago.

San Andreas' HD port was sh*t because they outsourced the game to a third party developer rather than in-house at one of the Rockstar studios. LA Noire on the other hand was remastered in-house that's why it's so good. Hopefully Rockstar would do it themselves rather than send it out to some developer and f*ck it up. I wouldn't want to see Niko looking like he has baby oil all over his body lol.

I'll completely admit that IV is far from running stable and I have experience a lot of pop-ins and stuttering while playing the game. If Rockstar would remaster it for current gen consoles and rework it for PC since IV was even worse on PC than both consoles IV was on originally, I'll be really ok with that and would happily buy it again. 

I'm pretty sure the LA Noire remaster for PS4/Xbone and Switch were not done In-house. They were made by Virtuos Source: http://www.nintendol..._l_a_noire_port

And the HTC Vive port was made by Videogames Deluxe Sydney... at least according to LA Noire's wikipedia page. 

Anyway, I wouldn't be upset if we don't see a remaster, although it would be nice to see something with maybe some updated textures, or better optimisation. If they do remaster it, it will be interesting to see how far they go with it, if they add any extra features to go above and beyond or just slightly upgrade the graphics and lighting or release it pretty much exactly the same with no changes.

• Hmmm nice bike likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Ash_735, 6 days ago.

San Andreas "Remastered" sucked because Rockstar and Take-Two wanted a zero effort transaction and Gave near zero help to War Drum studios, that's why they just slapped San Andreas Mobile into an emulator, done a few extra textures and then called it quits.
  • anthony and assCRACK_98 like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by anthony, 6 days ago.

San Andreas "Remastered" sucked because Rockstar and Take-Two wanted a zero effort transaction and Gave near zero help to War Drum studios, that's why they just slapped San Andreas Mobile into an emulator, done a few extra textures and then called it quits.

Jesus f*cking christ, this is it; I even found some mobile files in the 360 version obviously... why they didn't release it like in the PS4 version, the original ps2 version..

Now its look like they put some oil on the characters, f*cking hell.

AnkrisMCRX
  • AnkrisMCRX

Санавабич

• Members
  • Cyprus

Posted 6 days ago Edited by AnkrisMCRX, 6 days ago.

they mb remaster it november-december 2018 before 2019 like a gift,but for iv's birthday i believe they will just add clothes to gta online

CarsonGT
  • CarsonGT

Cool GTA V sh*t soon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago Edited by CarsonGT, 6 days ago.

I'm actually anticipating to see GTA IV with a well designed first person mode + new cars and music.

They should bring back some of the cut music!

Giving the game the graphics from V while retaining the feel of the original game - to me - would be a nice touch.

I'm hoping they keep the online the way it was, as the online in IV is one of the best multiplayers ever in a game IMO, miles better than the "thing" that ruined Rockstar.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I'm actually anticipating to see GTA IV with a well designed first person mode + new cars and music.

They should bring back some of the cut music!

Giving the game the graphics from V while retaining the feel of the original game - to me - would be a nice touch.

I'm hoping they keep the online the way it was, as the online in IV is one of the best multiplayers ever in a game IMO, miles better than the "thing" that ruined Rockstar.

Honestly, I dunno if I want to see GTA IV with new cars and music. Nothing could be from after 2008 if Rockstar cares at all about the continuity and when the story is set. I don't know if the game really needs new music or cars, either. Bringing back some of the music that was originally cut from the game could maybe make up for whatever tracks they have to remove (because they'll undoubtedly remove tracks due to copyright reasons, much like how VC and SA had songs taken off).

IV's original multiplayer without modders again would be amazing to see though! No Shark Cards or bullsh*t upgrades that give some players (especially those with more real money to spend on Shark Cards for in-game items) advantages over others, it all came down to how well you played the game.

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, SchizNitz and 2 others like this

Sonny F
  • Sonny F

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Sonny F, 6 days ago.

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

No, I have an extremely modern high-end system and I still have to turn down some of the settings to get a consistent frame rate.

I mean, are the FPS still locked at 55? And are there still huge drops to 40-45? I have these two problems regardless the settings.

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Cheatz/Trickz, 6 days ago.

Check out these pics of New York City in black and white:

libertycitywalkabout068.jpg

libertycitywalkabout009.jpg

libertycitywalkabout034.jpg

19h0oxgfqfzunjpg.jpg

Oh, wait, it's Liberty City. Its GTA IV. It's 2008...

I don't care what anyone says or how graphically enhanced the various mods are, there are times when vanilla GTA IV looks real.
  • Duxfever, Tycek, Sonny F and 9 others like this

Danie122
  • Danie122

Rat

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 6 days ago

i just want pc port and optimization like v, they can do it...

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Sonny F
  • Sonny F

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Wow,what graphic mod is this?

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Thug

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 6 days ago Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 6 days ago.

I mean, are the FPS still locked at 55?

FPS lock at 55 was fixed in 1.0.8.0 patch, it was caused by vsync issue IIRC.

• Sonny F and Ivan1997GTA like this

CarsonGT
  • CarsonGT

Cool GTA V sh*t soon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 5 days ago Edited by CarsonGT, 5 days ago.

@Hmm nice bike I never said it needs it but what is wrong with more content? I'd love some more Alex Gopher or hear Run D.M.C in the game. Car customization would be nice and stuff like maybe a 2008 rendition of an Elegy or Jester would be cool too see.

GTA IV is amazing as it is, hell, it's my favourite GTA game; but adding more & new content would be a great thing. (you know, without Shark Cards) I don't see why people distaste to the idea of more content like music or cars being added to a newer GTA IV. Those are just my thoughts, though.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 5 days ago.

Nothing is wrong with more content, but to many people, it'd probably change the way the game feels even more than just a simple graphics upgrade. It'd feel more like a remake than a remaster if you start adding on too much stuff, and I doubt Rockstar would bother adding that much. Not even as a way to incentivize people to start playing. They didn't change or add too much with L.A. Noire (I think changing "Truth, Doubt, Lie" to "Good Cop, Bad Cop, Accuse" is the biggest change).

I think, at best, just having the weapons, vehicles, and music between IV and EFLC crossing over would be fine. I wouldn't even mind letting Niko use a parachute even if there's no need for him to use one in the story. Just plop one down at the top of the Rotterdam Tower or in other random places.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Zello, 5 days ago.

If they needed to add anything just add the fingerless gloves

• Duxfever, George Costanza, Tupiz and 4 others like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

If they needed to add anything just add the fingerless gloves

They will definitely be added I think as they remembered to add the cop outfit to LA Noire.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Sleepwalking, 3 days ago.

If they are going to release a remastered IV & EFLC, I hope they fix that god damn broken driving physics too. Cars are slipping like you are driving on ice all the time.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 3 days ago

If they are going to release a remastered IV & EFLC, I hope they fix that god damn broken driving physics too. Cars are slipping like you are driving on ice all the time.

Broken driving physics? Cars slipping like you're driving on ice? Man, there is something terribly wrong with your driving method then.

• Mr_Rager and ElMattineu like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

The Cord

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

I'll take the driving on ice physics vs the GTA V, Call Of Duty mission tier on rails driving physics.

I'm gonna have to get another PS3 before the anniversary rolls around. I don't want to go through 2018 without giving IV a play through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users