Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

566 replies to this topic
Liberty93
  • Liberty93

Bowling Pro

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

They might just add it to PSnow. I hope it doesn't end up on PSnow. PSnow is terrible

Ah ... It's not wrong. I forgot the PS Now.
A fantastic idea, but too expensive.
And then, I hate the dematerialized.

I hope that the announcement of the 10 years of GTA IV will not be that ...: /

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted A week ago Edited by Zello, A week ago.

Also you rent it on PSnow I don't want to f*cking rent it. I want to own it and own as in not having to pay a monthly fee just to play it.

Bykovsky
  • Bykovsky

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

This thread is still active.
It's better to move on and forget about it now.
Rockstar *might* do something after red dead 3's release but I don't see anything happening before that.

I will no surprised if Sony announce a 10th anniversary of GTA IV at E3.
The game is available on Xbox One.
​Sony and Rockstar have a partnership. Make sence.
They might just add it to PSnow. I hope it doesn't end up on PSnow. PSnow is terrible

PS Now is avaible in 4 countires only...

Liberty93
  • Liberty93

Bowling Pro

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Also you rent it on PSnow I don't want to f*cking rent it. I want to own it and own as in not having to pay a monthly fee just to play it.

Yes of course. Me too. PS Now is like Netflix. On video game. 
The best thing is to have the box ! 

Seriously ? No more ? 
Canada, United States, United Kingdom, France...? 

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I'm not kidding myself that they will bother to release a remaster. But the fact that it didn't even get a mention or any merchandise released for it, makes it at least a little more likely that something is in the works.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Just like not mentioning Vice City Stories 10th anniversary at all meant something was happening? Or GTA franchise 20th anniversary?

X-Vector
  • X-Vector

Knight Who Says Nay

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Seriously ? No more ?

USA, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium.

Liberty93
  • Liberty93

Bowling Pro

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Seriously ? No more ?

USA, UK, The Netherlands, Belgium.

In France too ;) 

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

There're more countries in which PSNow is available: https://www.playstat...o-get-started-/

If I remember correctly I was able to access to PSNow even if I'm in Italy because I downloaded it from the UK site and I used a VPN for masking my IP.

Anyway: Slow internet connection (do you remember ADSL? :)) + VPN + Connection to UK servers + High ping = Terrible Experience!

Even if PSNow will be available in my country in the future and  if I'll have a proper fiber connection, I wouldn't be so happy if GTA IV will be only available on this platform, personally I don't like so much this "cloud gaming" idea.

• Darealbandicoot likes this

Kane49
  • Kane49

iiCriminnaaL~

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Kane49, A week ago.

Idk if R* will do anything about the 10th anniversary of the game, but I really hope to see the following:

- EFLC's map updates in IV.

- EFLC's updated characters and peds.

- EFLC's exclusive radio stations, along with the additional songs that have been added to EFLC in IV's default radio stations.

- Replacing Johnny's bike with his proper Hexer.

- Updated Luis' accent in the cutscenes of Museum Piece and Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend.

- EFLC's additional weapons. (very unlikely happening)

All of those should have been done a LONG time ago, since EFLC's release.

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Idk if R* will do anything about the 10th anniversary of the game, but I really hope to see the following:

- EFLC's ped and character model updates.

- EFLC's exclusive radio stations, along with the additional songs that have been added to EFLC in IV's default radio stations.

Well it looks like your version of IV remastered mostly already exists.

Kane49
  • Kane49

iiCriminnaaL~

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Kane49, A week ago.

- EFLC's ped and character model updates.

Well it looks like your version of IV remastered mostly already exists.

Almost, maybe.

With map changes, I meant to add the EFLC map changes in streets, related to objects and such, but not interiors (unless they'll properly add TBoGT's nightclubs, would be good too). That mod has TLaD's and TBoGT's interiors too, like The Lost's clubhouse, nightclubs, etc, and they have no peds inside them, which wouldn't look right. And for some reason the DLC launch thing doesn't work with my game.

I picked 'mahnut9' file from the map changes mod to get TBoGT's tower update (still no receptionist in the building's interiors, but it's not a big problem). I'll try the peds mod. (I already have most of them, still no updated cutscene model of Luis and Tony, and no gag in the ingame model of Gracie, but I'll check if that mod already included those changes. I tried to copy DLC textures and make some of them work with default models, like Tony's face, and Luis' face, hands and jeans. They work fine, but still don't look the same as they do in TBoGT)

Thanks for your help ;)

EDIT: Not all of those ped updates were done properly. Looking in what I got on my game, it seems to be the closest possible way to EFLC's.

zanesix
  • zanesix

Stupid Malaka

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Almost, maybe.

With map changes, I meant to add the EFLC map changes in streets, related to objects and such

Out of curiosity what kind of changes, like props? It's been a while since I've played the episodes, but the only things I remember being changed other than interiors are certain billboards like in Star Junction.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Why did the author change EFLC's Gracie to IV's? All of EFLC's peds/models are basically the updated/definitive versions of IV's.

And I'm confused as to why ten years later, why is it that we can't edit cutscene models for IV?
  • Kane49 likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

If you set your last active is private, you're edgy

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago

Rockstar *might* do something after red dead 3's release but I don't see anything happening before that.

False, PS Now is available in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, etc., not only 4 countries.

NeonDolphin
  • NeonDolphin

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted A week ago Edited by NeonDolphin, A week ago.

https://www.facebook...?type=3

So tell me again that C* don't announce stuff on sundays cause "people want to rest".

Proves that C* doesn't care for slightest about old games and any possible reminder of a better game and MP than Online hurts them.

• deathdealer, CartmanKusanagi and RaMMy like this

Phaston
  • Phaston

Playstation Lover

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Call me stupid but i still hope for a remaster . Maybe they're gonna annnounce it late but i think the L.A. Noire remaster is still a proof that we may get a remaster or at least a re-release gor modern consoles .
  • Bykovsky likes this

Wolver_321
  • Wolver_321

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Call me stupid but i still hope for a remaster . Maybe they're gonna annnounce it late but i think the L.A. Noire remaster is still a proof that we may get a remaster or at least a re-release gor modern consoles .

Me too, but I really doubt we'll see something reagrding GTA IV this year. For me it's more likely the next year, in 2019 also TBoGT and TLaD will be 10 years old, so why not a "GTA IV Complete Edition Remastered"?

• StormerBoy likes this

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Mastah, A week ago.

Hope springs eternal. Despite GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories receiving 10th anniversary treatment, it wasn't the case for Vice City Stories. Similar story with SP DLC for GTA V. Mentioned by Rockstar in 2014 and that was it.

Don't expect anything. If they haven't even mentioned GTA IV 10th anniversary on their communication channels, I somehow doubt they are secretly working on a remaster.

• Hmmm nice bike and NeonDolphin like this

YoungMarston
  • YoungMarston

Dutch's right hand.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

I've just finished replaying the game and I think it has really aged well and it still is a great experience nowadays. My favorite GTA by far. It just has "something" to it, you know, like a kind of magic that gives it a certain feel.

• Boozey St James likes this

alexradu98
  • alexradu98

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 6 days ago

I do not know why in this game they have not made a tenth anniversary, as they have done in all of them, I expected another title. It is clear that gta 4 right now can not throw a smarthpone, maybe some, but counted. I expected a remastering but I see that they have not announced anything. I know that the episodes of liberty city came out in 2009. I do not know if they announced something, but at least they failed me because it is a great game with very good physics, better than the gta 5. I hope they get something out. Although it is later.

I do not know why in this game they have not made a tenth anniversary, as they have done in all of them, I expected another title. It is clear that gta 4 right now can not throw a smarthpone, maybe some, but counted. I expected a remastering but I see that they have not announced anything. I know that the episodes of liberty city came out in 2009. I do not know if they announced something, but at least they failed me because it is a great game with very good physics, better than the gta 5. I hope they get something out. Although it is later.

Boozey St James
  • Boozey St James

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Can you elaborate on this partnership, please?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Sorry, I can't read that black text.

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 6 days ago

It's been nearly a month people.

I'm sad to say this but the only thing we can do now is let it go.

I am severely cautious about how R* is treating the GTA franchise now after they didn't even mention the 10th anniversary of it's 3rd best selling  GTA game.

I have no words for R* now.

• Matt_STS, CartmanKusanagi, RaMMy and 1 other like this

Kane49
  • Kane49

iiCriminnaaL~

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Kane49, 6 days ago.

It's been nearly a month people.

I'm sad to say this but the only thing we can do now is let it go.

I am severely cautious about how R* is treating the GTA franchise now after they didn't even mention the 10th anniversary of it's 3rd best selling  GTA game.

I have no words for R* now.

There's a very little chance, maybe by the end of 2018.

Still, I don't have any thought of seeing a mobile port ever. From what we have seen from VCS's 10th anniversary, it's very unlikely to have a remastered port for GTA IV.

Phaston
  • Phaston

Playstation Lover

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 6 days ago

I actually thought about this thread , and i think that if R* will ever release a GTA IV : 10th Anniversary Edition they will release GTA IV , TLAD and TBOGT because then they can sell them all at full price and earn 3 times more than what they'd earn selling a "Complete Edition" that includes all the 3 games . What do y'all think about this ?
  • StormerBoy and alexradu98 like this

alexradu98
  • alexradu98

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 5 days ago

Sorry, I can't read that black text.

• StormerBoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users