To be fair, every game has its flaws

• Arrows to Athens and Hussein Sonic like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Can we make a fuss about how Rockstar is FORCING this change on us? We purchased our copies under the original licence and just like SA on PC they're going back and removing it for ALL users. And considering the hit to GTA IV is going to be worse then we're all losing out, not just people who buy new copies.

Yeah this is f*cked up. Typically with something like this, or even in cases when a game is no longer being sold online because of something with the publishers - people who bought the game before the change are fine. New copies purchased after are the only ones changed. There's no reason to force a patch for original buyers that removes stuff.

What's TakeTwo going to do about people with disc copies? Send some more private detectives to their homes and force them to trade discs?
  • Hmmm nice bike and Arrows to Athens like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Yeah this is f*cked up. Typically with something like this, or even in cases when a game is no longer being sold online because of something with the publishers - people who bought the game before the change are fine. New copies purchased after are the only ones changed. There's no reason to force a patch for original buyers that removes stuff.

What's TakeTwo going to do about people with disc copies? Send some more private detectives to their homes and force them to trade discs?

I guess I'm glad that I no longer have Xbox Live and my 360 is no longer internet-connected. Vladivostok FM and all other music will remain the same for me.

But whenever they even bothered with sending private investigators, what exactly can those guys even do besides scare you? I know they showed up to the door of the guy with the devkit build of V, but seriously, can't you just tell them to f*ck off or you'll call the cops and then shut the door in their faces? I thought I read that Rockstar/Take-Two couldn't even sue them.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 6 days ago.

Honestly, I just think they don't because that would mean hiring millions of PIs to send them busting open everyone's door, and that would not only take away maybe 1% of their $6 billion, but that would be a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Gravarty, 6 days ago.

Of course they're not going to hunt down everyone who still has the legacy copy of GTA IV and EFLC. This isn't even legal, you just can't go back to the customer and say "Hey, look, you bought this game 10 years ago, but now it containts content that we don't own anymore, so please give us the disk or we'll ruin your life" .. well at least not in europe. You bought the game, you own it.. well not the game brand itself but you get the idea. 

So turn up the volume and let everyone know that you're still enjoying the game with the original music of GTA IV :D

/s
  • SchizNitz likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Facade Corporation
  • Brazil

Posted 6 days ago

Of course they're not going to hunt down everyone who still has the legacy copy of GTA IV and EFLC. This isn't even legal, you just can't go back to the customer and say "Hey, look, you bought this game 10 years ago, but now it containts content that we don't own anymore, so please give us the disk or we'll ruin your life" .. well at least not in europe. You bought the game, you own it.. well not the game brand itself but you get the idea. 

Thanks a lot, Cpt. Obvious!

• Gravarty likes this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I swear this is some bullsh*t R* add music to a 10 year old old game but doesnt release it on PS4

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Zello, 6 days ago.

Again, nobody ever cut song from a movie, so why cut it from a game ?
Anyway, this situation is just a sign of R* lazyness and avarice.
People will save songs in any case, but situation is ugly.

Songs have been cut in a couple movies and tv shows when they rerelease them but they at least make an effort to try to pay to renew it.

LibertyViceSantos
  • LibertyViceSantos

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I'm still confused on this. As someone who owns the hard discs version of "The Complete Version" on my 360, is Rockstar going to send a patch out for a game that's 10 years old on my 360?

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 5 days ago Edited by AlexanderPierce, 5 days ago.

So there's something a little weird I want to point out to is that while checking steamdb, I found that gta iv is in VMC BigFoot Test Comp, what do you think this means? Also there's an Unknown Depot 12212 that's in Rockstar camp, Rockstar dev camp and VMC BigFoot Test Comp. Though unknown when it was last updated when I click on the only apps/packages that it has are GTA IVs.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

So there's something a little weird I want to point out to is that while checking steamdb, I found that gta iv is in VMC BigFoot Test Comp, what do you think this means? Also there's an Unknown Depot 12212 that's in Rockstar camp, Rockstar dev camp and VMC BigFoot Test Comp. Though unknown when it was last updated when I click on the only apps/packages that it has are GTA IVs.

VMC is a QA outsource company and BigFoot is the codename for Big Picture. Valve was using VMC to asses Big Picture and controller compatibility with a portion of popular games on Steam.

• AlexanderPierce likes this

Hussein Sonic
  • Hussein Sonic

Snake, what happened? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 5 days ago

Why Rockstar not release a version for Nintendo Switch? It would be great if you can play GTA4 on Switch whenever you are outside or at home.

You must have leaving Nintendo Switch out of ten year anniversary versions of GTA IV.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Aurora Creek, Oregon, PNW

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 5 days ago

VMC is a QA outsource company and BigFoot is the codename for Big Picture. Valve was using VMC to asses Big Picture and controller compatibility with a portion of popular games on Steam.

Indeed. There is a possibility they did outsource the IV patches to this company, because I don't see any other reason for this package to exist.

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 5 days ago

this probable outsourcing is already known from pre 1.8 patch era. nothing new, if they would outsource it, i would believe they would have get rid of GFLW with 1.8 patch

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Indeed. There is a possibility they did outsource the IV patches to this company, because I don't see any other reason for this package to exist.
Not sure where you're getting that - VMC doesn't offer any game programming or development services from what I can tell. The package is definitely a Valve created and maintained package - just look at the large amount of games all from different developers and publishers.
  • AlexanderPierce likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 5 days ago

They do QA though, it's still a possibility. Titles with the Bigfoot comp on it were apparently associated with Steam Machines/Linux, and I think only IV (maybe MP3?) from Rockstar is on that comp package.

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

They do QA though, it's still a possibility. Titles with the Bigfoot comp on it were apparently associated with Steam Machines/Linux, and I think only IV (maybe MP3?) from Rockstar is on that comp package.

Right MP3 is on the list, maybe R* is planning on releasing GTA IV on linux(remastred or not) or something. I mean it's really weird, what is IV doing there?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 5 days ago

It's been there for a long time and nothing came of it. Maybe another R* abandoned project.

• Hussein Sonic likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

They are selling used copies of VIce City with all the original songs and haitian stuff still in there and nobody does a thing so I doubt they will send people to your home. People who already paid for the game while the license was still intact should be grandfathered in.

AlexanderPierce
  • AlexanderPierce

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

It's been there for a long time and nothing came of it. Maybe another R* abandoned project.

You never know with R*, LA Noire out of all games got re-released on ps4/Xbox One, Switch and VR.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by gamerzworld, 5 days ago.

• MARKUS. likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 5 days ago.

You never know with R*, LA Noire out of all games got re-released on ps4/Xbox One, Switch and VR.

As much I as I love the story and gameplay of L.A. Noire. It doesn't deserve a remaster or an optimized version to it. It doesn't have too much replayablity. Ive 100% it & its achievements so Ive played the sh*t out of it. I haven't touched it since 2012. lol.   

IV deserves it so much, its just from the 3rd era, to the HD was amazing. We are all amazed.

• B Dawg, SchizNitz, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 days ago

Good point, seriously.
  • StormerBoy and Zolika1351 like this

Mangled Crow
  • Mangled Crow

An Ordinary Oddity

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

It feels awesome to experience IV and it's episodes once again, mostly because playing for the good 'ol memories. Plus much more used the vehicle physics & handling in these games from personal experience, especially with motorcycles in TLaD.

Feels like the anniversary should've been appreciated more but unfortunately. R* & Take-Two doesn't really give a sh*t about it, other then removing and replacing music.
  • aleex96, RaMMy and VollgasPilot like this

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

I just hope they don't remove the swingset glitch.

• RaMMy likes this

aleex96
  • aleex96

Prankster

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 minutes ago

It's hard to see the best GTA so abandoned by R*.

Seriously, I still can enjoy it, V it's so boring and empty, and downgraded, of course.  

Since Leslie The Benz left R*, their only focus is GTAO

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users